P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Well Mr Presto2 is 60 today

We should have been going up to the Radisson at Manchester before flying out to Azura tomorrow.  Oh well ... it will have to wait.  The sun is shining and we are all still safe and well here in Stoke on Trent so swapping the Radisson for Biddulph Grange Gardens. Have the champagne on ice and he is now smiling a little having got over the shock of the cards ... 😄😀😊

Happy Birthday Mr Presto from a fellow Staffordian........

Edited by cruisefan2012

We should have been going up to the Radisson at Manchester before flying out to Azura tomorrow.  Oh well ... it will have to wait.  The sun is shining and we are all still safe and well here in Stoke on Trent so swapping the Radisson for Biddulph Grange Gardens. Have the champagne on ice and he is now smiling a little having got over the shock of the cards ... 😄😀😊

Happy birthday Mr Presto from just up the road.
Actually it is our wedding anniversary today (41st) so our second in captivity. We are sharing a cote at home meal delivery tomorrow when my son, who is in our bubble is coming over, and we will take my other son and his wife their share (they live 5 miles away) so we may be able to celebrate using FaceTime.

We haven’t been to Biddulph Gardens for nearly a year so it is about time we returned there. Probably wait until the cafe is open. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Actually it is our wedding anniversary today (41st) so our second in captivity. We are sharing a cote at home meal delivery tomorrow when my son, who is in our bubble is coming over, and we will take my other son and his wife their share (they live 5 miles away) so we may be able to celebrate using FaceTime.

We haven’t been to Biddulph Gardens for nearly a year so it is about time we returned there. Probably wait until the cafe is open. 

Happy Anniversary

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

What is her name?

We will have a look for you.

There are still some headstones in the ground and lots of headstones still in the church grounds.

1617801363964796606793839858143.jpg

I've just added her name to Find a Grave. Now we are allowed out a bit, I will have a ride through sometime, I can certainly socially distance in there. lol

Elizabeth Greenfield Jefferson (1803-1880) - Find A Grave Memorial

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Mr P from a very overcast part of Stoke, I haven't been to Biddulph Grange before, hope you have a great time. I will be 60 in October and hopefully celebrating onboard Regal Princess, we will wait and see!! Enjoy your day 🍾

We are both exhausted, we have had a 13 year old, a 10 year old and their dog since 10 am and will keep them until just after 5 pm.  They have made lavender biscuits and sausage rolls, they have turned my craft room is in complete chaos where they have been making models from card.  The 10 year old has made a model of the sinking Titanic for her school holiday project.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Actually it is our wedding anniversary today (41st)

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Pete on your 41st .

Also on behalf of your park buddy  :classic_love: ..... 

54pd9g.jpg.11465c7a6c7ed7e3e3f54232f94655f4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Actually it is our wedding anniversary today (41st) so our second in captivity. We are sharing a cote at home meal delivery tomorrow 

Happy anniversary to you both and have a lovely celebration tomorrow with your family.

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

We planned to join National Trust and English Heritage when OH retired.  We had such plans for longer and more cruises,  and just taking off for long weekends etc.  He had a business that was 7 days a week in summer and was regimented in it's timing all year.  He was so looking forward to it.  Then lockdown appeared and he couldn't do any of it.  I think that's why we are so looking forward to just bobbing around the English Channel for 7 days in September, hopefully.

We retired about 6 months before Lockdown 1.0  Like yourselves we had longer cruises booked (incl Arcadia's worldie this year) and were looking to jetting off on city breaks etc.  Both already members of NT and English Heritage.....

We got away between lockdowns for 3 weeks camping and I managed to get a week's sailing in on the south coast.  So apart from that, the money hasn't been flying out of the bank the way we had planned.

Two cruises, both 30+ nights for next year booked, and a week on Iona this September.  Hopefully a week's sailing taking in the Scilly Isles for me as well this year.

I fear that the tunnel remains long, however I do think there is light at the end of it.  We're not that convinced that we will get much, if any foreign travel in this year, so looking to 2022 to be the resumption of our retirement plan.  

Not that convinced to do Arcadia's Worldie 23 due to itinery, but will have a think about it before booking opens as well as considering other cruises.

I hope your retirement plans everyone elses resume soon! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, emam said:

I've just added her name to Find a Grave. Now we are allowed out a bit, I will have a ride through sometime, I can certainly socially distance in there. lol

Elizabeth Greenfield Jefferson (1803-1880) - Find A Grave Memorial

We will have a look next time we are passing the church.

No mention of her in the church history book.

58 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Happy wedding anniversary to you and your wife Pete.

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We will have a look next time we are passing the church.

No mention of her in the church history book.

Thank you, but don't spend too much time looking especially as I don't have a plot number. There probably won't even be a headstone.

I haven't read them all but there seems to be a lot of anniversaries/birthdays/retirements,  So best wishes to all of you. I hope you enjoy them despite not being able to go far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Pete on your 41st .

Also on behalf of your park buddy  :classic_love: ..... 

54pd9g.jpg.11465c7a6c7ed7e3e3f54232f94655f4.jpg

Thanks Kalos. All we need to do now is stop Presto from seeing it. 

Thanks to everybody else who has posted such lovely greetings.

Edited by pete14
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

After snow showers last night (more of a snowstorm for 10 mins) it’s bright here in West Sussex. Very cold too.

Taken dog out but otherwise a lazy one after finding the right house to move to yesterday..... A few stressful months ahead I guess!

(5ft 7 inches here too.....)

Congratulations Gill. Yes a few stressful months ahead but oh so worth it when you get those keys. I hope Freddy was able to give his opinion on his new home too? ( 5ft 3 inches here - another short arse) Jane.x

• Like 3

What a lot of celebrations today, happy 60th to Mr P, happy birthday to April’s daughter and happy anniversary to Pete and his wife 🥂🥂

Chartwell was good but pretty cold! Bit shocked that lots of people in the toilets didn’t wear masks 😡 Other than that the grounds are large so we didn’t get close to anyone. We bought sandwiches and coffee from their takeaway tea room and took them back to eat in our car! 
We did get a bit of blue sky but it clouded over pretty quick. Just good to get out! 

FF9DAC48-FDB1-4D71-A955-3743A9677467.jpeg

5B5CB045-4DC5-455E-88DB-2C889069635D.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Amazing how popular Chartwell is these days. We used to live in Hayes, near Bromley back in the 70s, and it was an easy Sunday afternoon treat. Never particularly crowded either, even at weekends. 

We’d just bought National Trust life memberships instead of new carpets - £50 each, including a silver commemorative medal! - and spent all our spare time in all those NT properties the South is so rich in. Probably the best £50 we ever spent.

Brilliant value! It’s just over £100 per couple for a year now, my mum buys it for us as our joint Christmas present.

I was on the website at 7.30am booking tickets 😆 The week before I looked at 9am and there was a queue just to get into the booking system! I can’t wait to just go somewhere on a whim one day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

We were in Knoll Park Friday,that's how I know.We went round the house at Chartwell pretty quick as it is not enormous.The kids loved the wooded trails everywhere though.Cheers,Brian.

Obviously the house isn’t open at the moment but I like the fact it’s very ‘homely’ feels like a proper home despite its grand exterior.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Congratulations Gill. Yes a few stressful months ahead but oh so worth it when you get those keys. I hope Freddy was able to give his opinion on his new home too? ( 5ft 3 inches here - another short arse) Jane.x

Unfortunately Freddie was not able to give his approval but it’s a much bigger garden so plenty of hole digging opportunities.......🙄

• Like 3