P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

49 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Lots on the news about tomorrow's elections, especially for Scotland and Wales. In our area just a vote for the Police and Crime Commisioner. The current incumbent has done a good job with every local area having Police Community Support Officers and more bobbys on the beat. Our PCSOs have built a good relationship with the community with surgeries, interaction and social media presence.

A couple of cards came through the door and we seem to be getting lots of leaflets with scarry looking folk grinning. I guess we must have one as we🤔

• Like 1

Morning all, surprised to see the sun this morning, I thought it was going to be a bad day weather wise. Sleet was predicted for later but it’s changed now to rain.

When John gets home from work later we’re going to a local garden centre for some grow bags. The excitement! 

Have a good day all.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Get yourself checked out Jane ,passing out did not read well , if it was any of us you

would say the same I'm sure . :classic_love:

I definitely think you should get yourself to A&E Jane it’s not good to pass out later after the fall and being you can hardly move it this morning, please take care 

Sandra 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A couple of cards came through the door and we seem to be getting lots of leaflets with scarry looking folk grinning. I guess we must have one as we🤔

We’ve only got the police one here and we haven’t had any leaflets 🙄

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Sunny sparkling morning here in Kent but hail forecast for this afternoon. I had a brain storm last night and booked a Ventura cruise for November. Only £85 deposit for select fare. I was surprised the only balcony cabins available were aft on Riviera deck. This must be an unpopular location or maybe it is P&O grouping all the single occupancy balconies in the same area. I rather like Ventura, especially the Glass House.

Due my second jab on Friday, hopefully they will ring to remind me

Are you off to the Canaries at the end of November? If so my parents are on that cruise too 😊

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, beautiful day here today with no wind but I suspect it will be a tad cold at the moment. 
Taking dog to vets for an operation on her paw for 9 this morning. She has been limping and had meds from vet but no improvement then dog groomers found a growth in between the pads on her paw so she is having it removed. She is feeling very sorry for herself not been allowed breakfast this morning.

Take care and stay safe

Michelle

Hope your dog operation goes well and she’s on her feet running around soon 🐕

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Congrats to everyone who has had jabs over the weekend. I hope you're all feeling OK sans side-effects and glad to hear Frank is fighting fit again.

The streets of Lincs are safe to drive once more now that Wowzz has had his Driver Awareness Course! I had one about 10 years ago and found it incredibly enlightening. Obviously at that time it was a gathering and not online, and at the end we all had to go on a little test drive with one of the instructors. I have never forgotten the 80% statistic about hitting a child and I think the course made me, if not a better driver, but a more aware one.

Seems like it's 'falls week'. I also had a fall yesterday ( Gill I hope you're not too sore and recovering). We had a very unwell patient at the surgery yesterday and the plan was for me to go and collect her prescription then drive her home. On the way back from the chemist I just hit the deck. I don’t know what happened or why I fell but oh boy did it hurt! Anyway, I got back to the surgery, took the patient home, returned to work and passed out. I think it was just shock but this morning I can hardly move. Because I have severe Osteoporosis the docs think I should go for an X-ray as my leg is almost impossible to weight bear. I don't think I can face A&E so I'll see how I feel as the day develops.

Have a good day everyone and watch your feet!

Best wishes. Jane.x

Get yourself to A&E. If somebody told you this tale, what would you do?. Please do it right now.

• Like 10

It's the sudden stopping that causes the damage.  The human body is only designed to sustain impacts at low speed.  ie anything faster than Usain Bolt can run will result in damage unless wearing/using something appropriate.

Unforturnately Angela & Jane have both found out that you only have to fall over to get hurt, let alone be the fastest runner in the world.

The human body is so fragile in so many different ways.

I hope Angela & Jane recover soon.

Edited by Son of Anarchy
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Congrats to everyone who has had jabs over the weekend. I hope you're all feeling OK sans side-effects and glad to hear Frank is fighting fit again.

The streets of Lincs are safe to drive once more now that Wowzz has had his Driver Awareness Course! I had one about 10 years ago and found it incredibly enlightening. Obviously at that time it was a gathering and not online, and at the end we all had to go on a little test drive with one of the instructors. I have never forgotten the 80% statistic about hitting a child and I think the course made me, if not a better driver, but a more aware one.

Seems like it's 'falls week'. I also had a fall yesterday ( Gill I hope you're not too sore and recovering). We had a very unwell patient at the surgery yesterday and the plan was for me to go and collect her prescription then drive her home. On the way back from the chemist I just hit the deck. I don’t know what happened or why I fell but oh boy did it hurt! Anyway, I got back to the surgery, took the patient home, returned to work and passed out. I think it was just shock but this morning I can hardly move. Because I have severe Osteoporosis the docs think I should go for an X-ray as my leg is almost impossible to weight bear. I don't think I can face A&E so I'll see how I feel as the day develops.

Best wishes. Jane.x

Oooh sounds to me like you need to get checked out! 😳 hope all is ok and you’re feeling better soon.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Best wishes. Jane.x

Really sorry to hear of your fall Jane.I do hope you haven't broken anything.Take Care

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We’ve only got the police one here and we haven’t had any leaflets 🙄

We have had quite a few. It's quite confusing. They are all going to change the world. Decisions, decisions. On sky news that Beth Lady interviewed the man who ran a burger van in Middlesbrough. He said ' I quite like Boris, he's borderline semi normal '. I guess that will pease him🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On sky news that Beth Lady interviewed the man who ran a burger van in Middlesbrough. He said ' I quite like Boris, he's borderline semi normal '.

But more important ..Was the burgers any good ?? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

But more important ..Was the burgers any good ?? :classic_unsure:

I'm sure they were. All burgers are good. We had a Gordon Ramsey burger in the street last week, that was good. Middlesbrough is a long way to go for us to sample one, but having said that we had a nice one in Vancouver, but we were there anyway, so didn't run up the burger miles unnecessarily. Burgers are more interesting than political stuff. Now veggie burgers, don't start me off on those.🤣

• Haha 1

Jane - PLEASE  have a checkup and X-rays.   A year ago I fell, and coped for a while.  Ten days later my leg pretty  well collapsed,  and an existing small fracture had turned into a spiral fracture of the femur, resulting in a metal rod inserted from the knee upwards, which takes quite a lot of getting over and learning to walk properly again.  I could not believe that I had managed to hobble round with a fractured bone, and being stoical, as I feel sure you are, did not make enough of it at the time.

• Like 2

Good morning

Sunny but still cold and rain forecast later, no wonder we all flock abroad for our hols ! Painted the lounge yesterday, but going to need another coat, I hate decorating !

Jane, trust all works out ok for you, good advice already given so I wont add to it.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie11 said:

It’s unanimous Jane - A&E for you!

Best wishes for poochie’s paw 🐾.  You’ll feel happier when you get the phone call to say it’s done

You can add me to the unanimous vote Jane. If going to A&E shows that nothing is seriously wrong, that will reassure you and shouldn’t be seen as a waste of time. You do so much for others, now do something for yourself.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Best wishes. Jane.x

I hope you take your doctor's advice Jane.

It is worrying you passed out and I hope your doctor's gave you a check over.

Take care of yourself.

Graham.

• Like 1

I don't think I can face A&E so I'll see how I feel as the day develops.

I agree with Kalos Jane. The fact that you passed out later on is bad enough, but that you can't remember what happened or why you fell is, imo, much worse. If a patient came to you and told you what you've just told us, I'm sure you wouldn't be telling them to 'see how the day develops', you'd be telling them to go to A&E. Better safe than sorry Jane. Please take care.

Avril

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Thank you. And you are so right about getting up quickly.....

I can clearly remember telling my Mum to pick her feet up as she was often tripping over things - I guess I need to take my own advice😃

I hope you're alright this morning Gill, and the aches aren't too bad. I have to admit as I get older I seem to trip over anything and nothing. Luckily when we're out Frank and I hold hands, so he always yanks me upright and saves me the embarrassment of hitting the deck

Avril

• Like 3

Good Morning Everyone

Best wishes. Jane.x

Hope you feel better soon Jane, it’s a shock when you fall and it’s not like falling when you are a small child. Hopefully you can avoid

A & E 

Michelle 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Are you off to the Canaries at the end of November? If so my parents are on that cruise too 😊

The Canaries cruise is the January one on Iona and the Ventura one is Spain and Portugal. been to all the ports several times so might not even get off the ship 😉

• Like 2