Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

New MDR menu, once a day housekeeping service, lobster only on 7+ night cruises.  G-r-r-r-r-

I agree. I really would like to keep twice a day service since we cruise with a 3rd person who needs the couch put up and made up. Also, I have cruised with once a day service on Carnival and the wet towel situation was an issue on beach days. I suppose that is easier to fix if you remember to ask for extras.

I was cracking up on the thread about this on the main board, because many people were saying "if you don't need xyz at home, you don't need it on a cruise". And then @Ocean Boy pointed out that if you don't have a chef at home, you shouldn't expect people to cook for you on the cruise. 😂

I agree. I don't pay $$$ to be on vacation and do all the usual chores I do at home.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 6

I cannot believe how fast they grow up. To think she  was  just a babes in arms  a little bit ago. And now she has double her weight. 

I need time to slow down. 

Latest picture. 

114977B9-2645-4276-8BCC-2429DAFDD129.thumb.jpeg.21b8669fd8a67c0ff4207e2eec1f065a.jpeg

Lizzy. 

Oh. Also granddaughter Zoey is 2 months old. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen her  (3 days). 

Miss her so much. 

06E9F748-371F-4C84-8E76-A618A5A8A6F3.thumb.jpeg.768edc9d6b534b095e148461b4617494.jpeg

Later. 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I was cracking up on the thread about this on the main board, because many people were saying "if you don't need xyz at home, you don't need it on a cruise". And then @Ocean Boy pointed out that if you don't have a chef at home, you shouldn't expect people to cook for you on the cruise. 😂

That is hilarious 😁

I need to spend more time on the main boards & enjoy some of the "playful" banter. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father died on this date 42 years ago.I remember the day as if it was yesterday.

Yes, Lenny, you will always remember the day as if it was yesterday.  I'll never forget the day my Dad died, back in 1981, nor the day I lost my Mom, back in 2010.  Some things we never forget.  Just as we always remember the joyful days, like the day our children and grandchildren are born.  ((Hugs)), Lenny.❤️

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey Bourbon fans. There is a new bourbon bar in St. Maarten across the street from Guhlomar’s Whiskey Paradise called Luxbar. Check it out next time you are in St. Maarten.

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/supplements/out-n-about/luxbar-st-maarten-s-first-premium-whisky-bar

We checked it out in January. Gulmohar owns it. Fantastic idea he came up with. Great idea for those who want to try some of the top end stuff before buying. Greg, I think you would be in bourbon heaven, judging from your great taste in spirits.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601Debbie, how is your DIL feeling?  What about Chris?  I hope they're okay.

@h20skibumMark, hope your DIL is also feeling okay.

Thank you for asking Maryann.    I checked in with both of them this afternoon.    Donna is the usual covid of nowadays - exhausted, minor cough and sore throat, had a minor fever of 99.9 but broke that this morning.     Chris feels wiped out and congested (no fever) but he is still testing negative.   They have both been curled up with their cat watching TV between naps.   

Of course, Mom told them both to drink plenty of fluids, have chicken noodle soup and call (or text) me in the morning.   Nice to hear how they both take care of each other.   She's definitely a keeper - LOL!

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We checked it out in January. Gulmohar owns it. Fantastic idea he came up with. Great idea for those who want to try some of the top end stuff before buying. Greg, I think you would be in bourbon heaven, judging from your great taste in spirits.

Thanks I will definitely check it out on our next visit. I hear Kat the bartender makes some really great cocktails.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

At the airport waiting to board our flight to San Francisco. Weather will be a little cooler with highs in the 50s and a couple of days of rain. Nothing that a little wine can’t fix.

With all of the talk here about No Shoes radio, I decided to give it a try for a few days. I’m not a big country fan but do like Kenny Chesney’s island songs. When you say that there’s a mix of

musical styles, you weren’t kidding. Nothing like a little Drop It Like It’s Hot at 5:30am  🤣🤣🤣

C648A661-F856-4F81-A2A9-1947D835A3EC.thumb.jpeg.f5efd6e1b95cc73a1dddad825aca9f5f.jpeg

Oh No! Your trip is this week? I'm so sorry you and Michelin will be arriving just in time for a record cold snap and very high winds. It should still be nice, but they are predicting snow down to 1,000 feet later in the week. You may experience the unusual sight of Bay Area and Wine Country hills with snow tops. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601Debbie, how is your DIL feeling?  What about Chris?  I hope they're okay.

@h20skibumMark, hope your DIL is also feeling okay.

Thanks for asking.  This is the first time she has had it, so she feels worse today. Hopefully it will not be too bad for her.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, Lenny, you will always remember the day as if it was yesterday.  I'll never forget the day my Dad died, back in 1981, nor the day I lost my Mom, back in 2010.  Some things we never forget.  Just as we always remember the joyful days, like the day our children and grandchildren are born.  ((Hugs)), Lenny.❤️

Yes,so very true ,Maryann.

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have not booked yet, but I typically use an online TA website that offers group rates. It was the same site when I booked last year and then shopping prices this year, which is why I was so surprised by the huge increase.

You won't find group rates for 3 in a cabin other than on Icon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for asking.  This is the first time she has had it, so she feels worse today. Hopefully it will not be too bad for her.  

Bill has a horrible cold but is covid negative. He wanted to go to the ag show with a few hundred thousand. 🙄 I just hope I don't catch it, because we are cruising soon. 

• Like 7

On 2/19/2023 at 2:41 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand initially attended the same Brooklyn High School.They were both in the same choral group.Neils parents moved and he transferred to a different HS and graduated with my wife’s sister.She was not a singer.Famous alum of that school include Neil Sedaka The Tokens and Lou Gossset,Jr.

Is that Erasmus?

On 2/16/2023 at 11:35 PM, h20skibum said:

Operation is next Wednesday.  We have been getting lots of items she will need post-operation, and the last of them should be here this weekend.

We will have the grandkids for a couple days, while she is in the hospital.

Mark, keeping your daughter (and all of you) in my thoughts, for a successful and worry free operation 🙏.

• Like 13