Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That was a neat classic car. 

I know now!!  But not at the time.  That's why I wish I still had it😁 I actually gave it to my boyfriend when I bought my 1964 VW bug.  Shoot me now......😂

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

So...my cars over the years:

In high school I borrowed the family car for my job at Target. It was red.

The first car I owned didn't have 4 doors that worked. I had to get in the back seat passenger side, roll over the bench seat and scoot over to the driver side. Try that in a dress and heels. It was a blue car.

My next few cars were blue, then tan, then red.

Now I have a black one. 

Yeah, ok, not a car person here. And, none of the 8 accidents I have been in have NOT been my fault. Really, how could it be my fault when I'm not even in the car?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just saw it on the  10 o'clock news tonight, said the check he was presented with was only $50,000...............You would think it was for more then that wouldn't you, You think they just did that to protect him from maybe getting robbed?

5% of 161 million is 8 million, so you would think he would have recieved the max 1 million? not $50,000

$50k for selling a ticket is a nice commission but I would have thought higher too!  I wonder if different states have different rules or maybe they will get more later?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

More photos are popping up on my social media sites.

Here is a photo of a youth judge that I know, who lives 30 minutes from my home. He was a youth judge with the Hagerty Kids when they judge my Ford GT in 2019. I also let him ride with me during the trophy presentation, after judging was complete.  This year I had to help him tie his tie, before judging at our local concours as his dad wasn’t with him. He is a couple months older than Owen and a great kid. 

EFA28D5A-4F75-4B14-82B0-F068CD35BDCB.thumb.jpeg.adfb841864a0904070967bf0712e2633.jpeg

We stopped in the Hagerty shop to take a quick look at the merchandise.  Wayne was doing a book signing.  Saw him talking to a couple of book buyers while signing and he seems like a nice guy.

My cars over the years and please note I am not a car person so I don't know the specifics of the cars.

Camero - first car (wish I still had it, probably from the 60s)

VW Beetle - green, brand new 1973

Opel

Misc. ugly cars

Mustang - Black no air had to get rid of when moving to Texas

Mustang - Blue with air

PT Cruiser - purple

HHR - green

Chrysler 200 - gold (favorite car ever)

Chrysler 300 - purple (will keep forever because I love sedans and they don't make them anymore and I don't ever want an EV)

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Will I be required to be nice to you in person?  Asking for a friend.😂

jc

Well it may be a ship without a Flowrider...........so I assume that counts you out. 😉🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

my favorite FM radio station.

Now that you mention this, I don't believe that car had a cassette player?  One thing I miss about the newer cars is no cassette or CD, so will have to learn how to play from iTunes on our phones. 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2023 at 3:09 PM, George C said:

I have been without that tooth for a few years, I should have just left it . Considering this cost me about 5k .

I’m just now trying to catch up after my cruise. I missed where you first mentioned your implant problems. 
was it the post? Did you need a bone graft?

I’m getting one where I lost an old crown. First step is the bone graft, then the post. The bone graft worries me, but I’m told it’s necessary. 
Or do you have pain, which would be worse than not having the tooth!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m just now trying to catch up after my cruise. I missed where you first mentioned your implant problems. 
was it the post? Did you need a bone graft?

I’m getting one where I lost an old crown. First step is the bone graft, then the post. The bone graft worries me, but I’m told it’s necessary. 
Or do you have pain, which would be worse than not having the tooth!

A few years ago we hey pulled tooth because of gum problems, I needed to wait for a long time before they could add the bone , today I going back for the third time for my dentist to see how it’s coming, we sail in 9 days and I have been antibiotics for about a month. At least I got dentist to give me a antibiotic that allows you to drink 😁, however it says stay out of the sun which is not what I want for the cruise.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, George C said:

A few years ago we hey pulled tooth because of gum problems, I needed to wait for a long time before they could add the bone , today I going back for the third time for my dentist to see how it’s coming, we sail in 9 days and I have been antibiotics for about a month. At least I got dentist to give me an antibiotic that allows you to drink 😁, however it says stay out of the sun which is not what I want for the cruise.

I have never be able to stay out of the sun while taking any meds…I live in Florida and stay tanned just walking from the car to the grocery store. 
I think that the antibiotics just increase the effect of the sun. 
you might be ok to take them with no problem if you slather on the sun block. 
I never had gum problems, so I don’t know if the bone graft was the default position, or maybe because I’m ancient!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never used the AC .I opened all the windows and played my favorite FM radio station.

I had a favorite FM radio station. 100.7 WMMS Home of the Buzzard out of Cleveland Ohio.  The best rock station.  They sponsored the famous World Series of Rock that were held at the Cleveland Municipal Stadium and is said they had a big influence in bringing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to Cleveland.  They were known to help break new rock artists nationally.  After introducing David Bowie he had considerably high record sales in Cleveland.  WMMS sponsored back to  back Bowie concerts that sold out. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

My first car was a 1956 Chevy Bel Air, copper and white.  Paid $300 for it.  Sure wish I still had that car!  😱

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That was a neat classic car. 

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I know now!!  But not at the time.  That's why I wish I still had it😁 I actually gave it to my boyfriend when I bought my 1964 VW bug.  Shoot me now......😂

That's the thing. Nobody knows at the time that their car might be a future collectible.  Some are obvious such as sports cars,  exotic cars or high performance versions of every day cars.

But a regular old family sedan like a 56 Chevy or a cheap imported economy car like a VW Beetle?  At the time when there were millions of them roaming the streets, nobody would have thought of it.  Makes me wonder what regular old everyday driver from the 1980's & 90's is going to be the next classic, collectible car?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, George C said:

One of the main reasons I picked the fusion is we wanted a 4 door car that could fit 4 adults so when we have guests we can be comfortable in the car . 

I've always tended to favor 2 door coupes with tiny back seats. One side benefit is I'm never asked to be the driver when a group of us go out. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Almost all sedans from US have been discontinued, except Mustang and similar cars.

Which is a shame because I'd rather have a car. Right now my everyday driver is a SUV and it's pleasant enough. Drives just like a car. But I prefer to be lower to the ground and a have sportier ride.

Not that I'm in the market for a new car but if I was, it'd be an Audi A5. And maybe a V8 Mustang before gas-powered cars become obsolete.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not that I'm in the market for a new car but if I was, it'd be an Audi A5. And maybe a V8 Mustang before gas-powered cars become obsolete.

My ex is planning on selling his Roush Mustang (or what I call his "midlife-crisis-mobile") this year, if you're interested?  

• Like 1

I have an older car, that is not a classic, but I enjoy it for the looks, 2 door. (2006 GTO) Red with black interior.

Of course when I take it to cruise ins a lot of times I get, "Why don't you bring a real classic car next time."

I enjoy going with my husband, because he has a "real classic car":  (1966 GTO)

I have met some fun people and look forward to seeing them at the next weekend event.

My husband has won 7 trophies so far, ( engine, paint, participants vote and once best of show when their were over 150 cars at that car cruise.

I have actual won 4 trophies.  Best in Pontiac, original, paint, and once for Foreign car (Yup the engine was built out of the country and they actually accepted the entry.....I was the only foreign car).

Take care

• Like 6

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Now that you mention this, I don't believe that car had a cassette player?  One thing I miss about the newer cars is no cassette or CD, so will have to learn how to play from iTunes on our phones. 

No cassette player and no CD but my favorite Classic Rock station was available on FM radio.