Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

This board should be a book.  It follows a world epidemic until present day by people who enjoy the same activity of cruising.  It shows all the changes that our world went through since March of 2020.  I kept telling my students that you are living through a time in history that we will never forget like the world wars or 911. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

He's pretty bummed about starting the school year this way. I'm pretty sad for him, too. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as it seems. And 4 weeks in the cast is shorter than I expected (it was 6 weeks last time he broke this same finger).

I don't know if he's old enough to be into girls yet, but wearing a cast is a good way to get attention from girls.  😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Explorer in March is one of the possibilities for our free Prime cruise in March.  We haven’t sailed her since 2014 so I’m sure she’s been refurbished since then.  
Waiting until we get home to research further, but if you end up on Explorer perhaps we’ll see you!

We just booked the Odyssey for 3/4. I came back to update.

Explorer was coming up very expensive for 3/8 although I loved the ports.

• Like 1

Time to vent and rant.

I AM SO MAD AND UPSET. When I got this email from Royal.

JVDCancelled.thumb.jpg.9d49ab08b9deaba454b088528d199d36.jpg

This excursion was the sole reason I booked this cruise I have tried to go to JVD on two different Royal cruises. The first one the whole cruise got cancelled due to the pandemic. Now this excursion is cancelled due to the vendor cancelling it. I am on this cruise with @jmh2006, @Husky1987, @Momof3gurlz and @mo&fran and we all booked this excursion. Now we are trying to see if we can book a charter boat to take us. The problems we have are the fact the ship is only in Tortola from 7am-3am. So time is of an essence. No time for Ferries, No time to taxi to the West End Tortola to pick up a boat we must find one out of Road Town and we must have the boat stay with us for 3-4 hours and take us back. Researching now. I hope we can find something. I've got two emails out to companies and waiting to hear back. As Captain Lee would say, "I'm madder than a pissed on chicken."

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Time to vent and rant.

This excursion was the sole reason I booked this cruise I have tried to go to JVD on two different Royal cruises. The first one the whole cruise got cancelled due to the pandemic. Now this excursion is cancelled due to the vendor cancelling it. I am on this cruise with @jmh2006, @Husky1987, @Momof3gurlz and @mo&fran and we all booked this excursion. Now we are trying to see if we can book a charter boat to take us. The problems we have are the fact the ship is only in Tortola from 7am-3am. So time is of an essence. No time for Ferries, No time to taxi to the West End Tortola to pick up a boat we must find one out of Road Town and we must have the boat stay with us for 3-4 hours and take us back. Researching now. I hope we can find something. I've got two emails out to companies and waiting to hear back. As Captain Lee would say, "I'm madder than a pissed on chicken."

That totally stinks!  I'm holding good thoughts for you to come up with something so you can enjoy JVD.  I remember you posted how much you were looking forward to it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

That totally stinks!  I'm holding good thoughts for you to come up with something so you can enjoy JVD.  I remember you posted how much you were looking forward to it.

Yes I am really upset about this. We obviously will still go but it stinks that I've been trying to get to JVD for over 5 years now.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Time to vent and rant.

That is a bummer for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Science52 said:

This board should be a book.  It follows a world epidemic until present day by people who enjoy the same activity of cruising.  It shows all the changes that our world went through since March of 2020.  I kept telling my students that you are living through a time in history that we will never forget like the world wars or 911. 

My father lived from 1895 to 1981.That included WWI ,the first Pandemic,WWII,the Korean War ,all the assassinations of the 1960’s ,the Bay Of Pigs.Vietnam War.I am probably forgetting some things.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Time to vent and rant.

That stinks.  I know that is something you really wanted.  Sorry it happened.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2023 at 1:04 PM, Sea Dog said:

I looked through my pictures. The museum in Amsterdam that I went to was the  Rijksmuseum that houses art  by Van Gough and Rembrandt. It is right  by the downtown.

https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/visit#:~:text=This iconic museum in the,Rembrandt%2C Vermeer and Van Gogh.

I love that museum. And the Van Gogh is close by. Worth a full day of absorption between the two museum. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Exactly what my guys look like out there.🙂

That would be great, will just have to see what the coach does. He previously had Andrew practicing at receiver, so obviously that will have to change. He's a little small for defense. Hopefully, he'll get to be involved somehow.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I am really upset about this. We obviously will still go but it stinks that I've been trying to get to JVD for over 5 years now.

Very disappointing but hopefully you'll find an independent excursion to take you in the time allotted.

I wonder if the tight time frame is why the tour operated booked by Royal backed out?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father lived from 1895 to 1981.That included WWI ,the first Pandemic,WWII,the Korean War ,all the assassinations of the 1960’s ,the Bay Of Pigs.Vietnam War.I am probably forgetting some things.

Elvis the Pelvis.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Time to vent and rant.

Greg. I HEAR YOU!

Look up the Rebel Yell. They are another vendor and used to do private excursions. Very reliable .and cruise ship ones.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Very disappointing but hopefully you'll find an independent excursion to take you in the time allotted.

I wonder if the tight time frame is why the tour operated booked by Royal backed out?

@jmh2006 Contacted Royal and was told the vendor had cancelled a months worth of excursions so it must be something else.

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Greg. I HEAR YOU!

Look up the Rebel Yell. They are another vendor and used to do private excursions. Very reliable .and cruise ship ones.

I looked at Rebel Yell but there seems to be nothing available for that date.

Just now, Sea Dog said:

@jmh2006 Contacted Royal and was told the vendor had cancelled a months worth of excursions so it must be something else.

I looked at Rebel Yell but there seems to be nothing available for that date.

😒Keep looking. Also keep looking at Royal excursions.......they may be changing vendors and something can pop up again.

I will post if I come across something.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

😒Keep looking. Also keep looking at Royal excursions.......they may be changing vendors and something can pop up again.

I will post if I come across something.

Thank you so much. I did hear back from one company here is there reply. This may work out for us.

"We specialize in private charters with personalized service catering to guests that are looking for an amazing adventure out on the water and we would be happy to offer you a private charter to explore the BVI. The Captain will be with you the entire time and will give you a guided and personalized tour of your chosen destinations and the duration of our charters are 6 hours. We have a few options depending on the size of your group and budget ranging from a 23’ powerboat for up to 6 guests plus captain for $950, 28’ Cobia for up to 9 guests plus capt for $1,250, to our flagship 37’ Axopar for up to 11 guests for $1,750 , included in the price is the boat, capt, cruising permit fees, light refreshments, snorkel gear and cost of fuel. 

On board we provide VIP service and serve complementary water, soda and beer. We also have boarding ladders and freshwater shower for your convenience and all of the snorkel gear necessary. 

If you would like to reserve your charter please complete the attached booking form with credit card authorization and return to me.

If you choose to pay by credit card we would process your card 72 hours prior to your charter.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards,"

0?ui=2&ik=d38976de08&attid=0.0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1774324250755215074&th=189faa815aa02ee2&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ83CKXRRCqFTdyC3khuZQ2wX89D067jOpJkOgRzYD6j-v6CM7QkWbQpwD_aAI_SAAknYa2Td1wbghy1JuownqaMm5Gyuqa3PFlJTEiYPaJ7mNzgwAoVO0J85m0&disp=emb
Michelle 

Island Time Power Boat Rentals and Charters
Power Boat Rentals | Car Rental | Water Taxi | Adventure Tours
Nanny Cay Marina, Tortola, BVI

Mobile: 1 284-346-0356

Web: www.islandtimeltd.com

Email: reservations@islandtimeltd.com

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much. I did hear back from one company here is there reply. This may work out for us.

"We specialize in private charters with personalized service catering to guests that are looking for an amazing adventure out on the water and we would be happy to offer you a private charter to explore the BVI. The Captain will be with you the entire time and will give you a guided and personalized tour of your chosen destinations and the duration of our charters are 6 hours. We have a few options depending on the size of your group and budget ranging from a 23’ powerboat for up to 6 guests plus captain for $950, 28’ Cobia for up to 9 guests plus capt for $1,250, to our flagship 37’ Axopar for up to 11 guests for $1,750 , included in the price is the boat, capt, cruising permit fees, light refreshments, snorkel gear and cost of fuel. 

On board we provide VIP service and serve complementary water, soda and beer. We also have boarding ladders and freshwater shower for your convenience and all of the snorkel gear necessary. 

If you would like to reserve your charter please complete the attached booking form with credit card authorization and return to me.

If you choose to pay by credit card we would process your card 72 hours prior to your charter.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards,"

0?ui=2&ik=d38976de08&attid=0.0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1774324250755215074&th=189faa815aa02ee2&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ83CKXRRCqFTdyC3khuZQ2wX89D067jOpJkOgRzYD6j-v6CM7QkWbQpwD_aAI_SAAknYa2Td1wbghy1JuownqaMm5Gyuqa3PFlJTEiYPaJ7mNzgwAoVO0J85m0&disp=emb
Michelle 

Island Time Power Boat Rentals and Charters
Power Boat Rentals | Car Rental | Water Taxi | Adventure Tours
Nanny Cay Marina, Tortola, BVI

Mobile: 1 284-346-0356

Web: www.islandtimeltd.com

Email: reservations@islandtimeltd.com

That sounds like a good alternative.  Spread across several couples, it's not much more than the Royal excursion and ideally, will give you more time at JVD since you won't need to wait on others in the excursion.  I hope it works out for you!  

If my memory is correct, I think Andrew @A&L_Ont did a private excursion not too long ago.  Hopefully he'll jump in with the name of the company that he used.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Time to vent and rant.

That stinks.  The soggy dollar is fun.  We were there on an excursion from St. John.  We went to the Baths first and then the soggy dollar.  I hope you can find a charter to get you there.

• Like 2