Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The best way to enjoy that hot apple cider, is to add some fireball to it.  

Never thought of that.  I usually add a couple ice cubes so I don’t burn the living daylights out of my tongue. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ATG said:

My favorite use for turkey leftovers is turkey and noodles served over mashed potatoes.  I think it must be a midwestern thing.  Both Dave and I are from Indiana and grew up eating this.  When we moved south people were appalled that we would eat it.  It’s my definition of comfort food.  Unlike my mom, I don’t make my own noodles, I buy Reames frozen ones.

I never heard of noodles over mashed potatoes until this thread.   Never seen Reames frozen egg noodles either but will definitely look for them. 

We love egg noodles in our house, just not all the carbs.

We do make homemade Spaetzle a lot.  Especially in fall and winter months.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I never heard of noodles over mashed potatoes until this thread.   Never seen Reames frozen egg noodles either but will definitely look for them. 

We love egg noodles in our house, just not all the carbs.

We do make homemade Spaetzle a lot.  Especially in fall and winter months.

I think it started in the upper Midwest. It usually done with chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes but you can do the noodles over mashed potatoes and turkey gravy. We do it every year at thanksgiving. My aunt used to make the egg noodles from scratch which was delicious but it’s easier to use Reames egg noodles boiled in chicken broth. Here is a recipe.

https://fork-lore.com/2012/02/06/chicken-and-noodles-over-mashed-potatoes-thats-right/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think I rather go this way, less carbs(no noodles)

Potatoes/noodles, both carb full

I just stopped by for the first time in weeks, to say, I hope everything and everyone in Dani’s life is well.  

JC<———— worried

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@dani negreanu

I haven't been on the boards in a long time, but I wanted to let you know that I am always thinking of you and hope that you and your family are safe, especially at this time.    

It is so devastating to think of the impact these fanatical groups have caused to so many innocent  people.  I just can't wrap my head around how these groups have become so intolerant to any other beliefs that are not there own?  

What I do know is that it makes me sad to think that you are going through this awful situation there and I just wish there was some way to help. You created this fantastic board that gave me so many hours of entertainment along with some "enrichment lessons" along the way. If only I could repay the gift. 

Sheal

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

You created this fantastic board that gave me so many hours of entertainment along with some "enrichment lessons" along the way. If only I could repay the gift. 

@Sheal

Thank you, much appreciated. I was wondering why you stopped posting, glad you're OK, just taking "time out".

• Like 9

Random photos from the long 2hr walk I took Max on after work.

New bush track that Max was excited to explore.  778D4239-9223-4A2F-8EE6-07572A8D5495.thumb.jpeg.241c9e01aa17c62634f1c236cb863443.jpeg

Pretty sure these are proteas, very pretty. AE15F532-035D-411F-A3B0-54B8FBAABE31.thumb.jpeg.3a40947352711bb54a19e2082ddde669.jpeg

Halloween decorations.  I love how the witches hats move in the breeze.  Be interested to see how the new owners of this new build decorate for Christmas 8D2319BD-233F-418C-9A47-C2AD53C3E5EC.thumb.jpeg.7c6141e140805d36013ca76fd22e646a.jpeg

• Like 13

@dani negreanu I don't post on this thread really at all, just read when I can.  So very thankful that you are doing alright and still posting.  Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers while my heart breaks for what your country is going through.  Hugs and love - 💕

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Our dear friend "Aurora" (or the office) just emailed that our January Wonder cruise will not go to St Thomas and will go to San Juan, 7 am to 4 pm which is a full day. I love PR and have no problem with the itinerary alteration. St Marten and Coco Cay stay. Will not mention that on main boards for fear of being torn up. 😁 I am sure there will be angry people since this is after final payment.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, George C said:

Just did a couple of very weak bids to move up from grand suite to higher suites for my harmony cruise at end of next month. Really nice sunny day in Dallas we will be in mid 80’s. 

We have a few bids in for our upcoming cruise too.  A few people on our rollcall have won in the last couple of days, so fingers crossed.  We only booked a balcony this time and bid on a GS and OS.  Didn't bother with a JS because starting bid was too much for a ship without Royal Suite Class.  If we would have gotten the extra point per night, we would have considered it but not worth it for a bigger cabin.  Someone paid $500 to go from an inside to an oceanview😲

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

Just did a couple of very weak bids to move up from grand suite to higher suites for my harmony cruise at end of next month. Really nice sunny day in Dallas we will be in mid 80’s. 

We keep our windows open and it's so delightful.  Perfect weather.  Makes me not want to go back indoors.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So..not happy to have the heat on, but it sure beats shivering!  45 degrees when I got up this morning.  My hands are already needing hand lotion.  The sun was shining today, though!

I haven't given in yet!  My house was down to 63 degrees this morning.  I decided to make dinner in the oven instead of grilling so the house will heat up a bit. 😄 

• Like 10