Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I haven't given in yet!  My house was down to 63 degrees this morning.  I decided to make dinner in the oven instead of grilling so the house will heat up a bit. 😄 

I'm getting too old for this..lol!  I had the heat turned off for most of today, but it went back on around 4:00😁

• Like 6

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have a few bids in for our upcoming cruise too.  A few people on our rollcall have won in the last couple of days, so fingers crossed.  We only booked a balcony this time and bid on a GS and OS.  Didn't bother with a JS because starting bid was too much for a ship without Royal Suite Class.  If we would have gotten the extra point per night, we would have considered it but not worth it for a bigger cabin.  Someone paid $500 to go from an inside to an oceanview😲

My only issue with GS is large tub you need to step in for shower, other than that we really like them, OS has the separate tub and shower. Would like to do an upper suite with genie and all the other perks once . We have done them on celebrity and top perks are really nice. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

Just did a couple of very weak bids to move up from grand suite to higher suites for my harmony cruise at end of next month. Really nice sunny day in Dallas we will be in mid 80’s. 

I'm on Harmony B2B in December and considered Royalup but the first week we're with family in 3 different OV balcony cabins so moving up one cabin seemed a bit of a waste since we obviously want to spend time with family and wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the suite benefits.  Week 2 we're in a different cabin by ourselves in CP balcony and the best royalup we were offered is a JR Suite.  that didn't seem like it was worth it since all we'd get is embarkation and CK for a few dinners.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George C said:

My only issue with GS is large tub you need to step in for shower, other than that we really like them, OS has the separate tub and shower. Would like to do an upper suite with genie and all the other perks once . We have done them on celebrity and top perks are really nice. 

I have issues with that high sided tub but I would deal with it for a week. 🙂 We bid for suite lounge access and breakfast in Chops, plus the larger cabin.  We'll see what happens...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have issues with that high sided tub but I would deal with it for a week. 🙂 We bid for suite lounge access and breakfast in Chops, plus the larger cabin.  We'll see what happens...

What ship? We done grand suite 7 times, priority getting on and concierge walking you off is nice and love the pool sitting on voyager and freedom classes along with reserved seats for ice show on those ships.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George C said:

What ship? We done grand suite 7 times, priority getting on and concierge walking you off is nice and love the pool sitting on voyager and freedom classes along with reserved seats for ice show on those ships.

We will be on Serenade doing NE/Canada.  Not too much pool sitting going on and no ice rink.  Someone on the rollcall got the list of entertainers, not too great either, a magician and a vocalist that is okay.  We were just looking for a quick getaway, close to home.  Royal only puts a ship in Boston for a very short NE/Canada season and occasionally adds a couple of Bermuda runs like they did last time we were on Serenade in 2019.  We have done GS in the past but wasn't doing to spend over $5k pp for the limited perks.  We only booked right before final, so not many suites left at the time, so they were pricey.  Hopefully, getting off the ship in Boston will be easy as we are doing CBP in Bar Harbor since we are doing our Canada ports first, followed by the US ports.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

So..not happy to have the heat on, but it sure beats shivering!  45 degrees when I got up this morning.  My hands are already needing hand lotion.  The sun was shining today, though!

Same here Maryann, only a day before you.  Yesterday was nice and sunny, today cloudy and rainy so I really felt the chill!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, do you have enough food and water?

I ache for all of Israel.

It is so sad that we have so much hate in this world. Sadly, we can't do much to stop this violence by ourselves, however we can go out in everyday life and be kind to each other even if you encounter someone that has different religious, political beliefs or any other differences. We can agree to disagree on those differences and treat each other with love and respect. Imagine how much better the world would be if everyone just did this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Was chilly this morning but warmed up nicely.  We golfed this afternoon, or at least I attempted to.  A few sights from our afternoon.

One of the signature holes on the Love course, see the heart shaped bunkers, all bunkers on the course are similar.

20231010_145132.thumb.jpg.547e322e4b5d168ddc8461eb1eb8054f.jpg

Some neighbors watching us play 

20231002_144927.thumb.jpg.a7fcc6760a947e910ff2f06361859e38.jpg

Guess this guy got lost.  He moved and made noises.

20231010_153532.thumb.jpg.02d5ebe63ab742e0e7e8bfc1a0c251ea.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have a few bids in for our upcoming cruise too.  A few people on our rollcall have won in the last couple of days, so fingers crossed.  We only booked a balcony this time and bid on a GS and OS.  Didn't bother with a JS because starting bid was too much for a ship without Royal Suite Class.  If we would have gotten the extra point per night, we would have considered it but not worth it for a bigger cabin.  Someone paid $500 to go from an inside to an oceanview😲

I was just talking with Susan about doing  Royal up for a GS for our December cruise on Symphony.  According to Royal’s site, there are still seven available, as well as two bedroom ones, a few CLS and a Royal Suite.  Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.  

I thought it odd that the GS cabins are currently listed less than a JS for that sailing.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

So..not happy to have the heat on, but it sure beats shivering!  45 degrees when I got up this morning.  My hands are already needing hand lotion.  The sun was shining today, though!

Heat on? It's not Nov 1st yet.😱 Your calendar must be broke. 😉😉

It helps that my house has a nice, sunny southern exposure so it warms up nicely during the day & retains the heat thru most of the night. Those early, 45 degree morning are tough though.  And I've mellowed with age. I'll turn the heat on for a bit to take the chill out of the house anytime after Oct 15th or first frost.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I was just talking with Susan about doing  Royal up for a GS for our December cruise on Symphony.  According to Royal’s site, there are still seven available, as well as two bedroom ones, a few CLS and a Royal Suite.  Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.  

I thought it odd that the GS cabins are currently listed less than a JS for that sailing.  

I would definitely bid on Symphony, probably even the JS if the starting bid wasn't too much.  I just didn't see the value of bidding for the JS on Serenade.  We could have bid on the Royal Suite too but it wasn't worth it as it is the same benefits as a GS and OS.  I doubt we will win, most of the people who have won have gone from insides to OV.  One went from a balcony to a JS but no bigger suites.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Getting a bit chilly here too but no intentions of turning the heat on this month.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Our dear friend "Aurora" (or the office) just emailed that our January Wonder cruise will not go to St Thomas and will go to San Juan, 7 am to 4 pm which is a full day. I love PR and have no problem with the itinerary alteration. St Marten and Coco Cay stay. Will not mention that on main boards for fear of being torn up. 😁 I am sure there will be angry people since this is after final payment.

I see someone already created a thread.  The change was made to "assist in the refueling process"? Not sure what that means, other than they are trying to conserve fuel due to price increase.

It's only a matter of time before someone posts that the only reason they booked that cruise was to visit family & friends in St. Thomas that they haven't seen in 20 years and it's not fair, Royal is deceitful & they want their money back.   LOL.

• Haha 16

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Heat on? It's not Nov 1st yet.😱 Your calendar must be broke. 😉😉

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Getting a bit chilly here too but no intentions of turning the heat on this month.

I won’t even say how long our heat has been on.   Happy wife, and all that. 😂

I have even been getting prompted to get the propane heater set up by the hot tub already.   

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's only a matter of time before someone posts that the only reason they booked that cruise was to visit family & friends in St. Thomas that they haven't seen in 20 years and it's not fair, Royal is deceitful & they want their money back.   LOL.

You mean that wasn’t post #1 or 2?  Shocking 😆

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Our dear friend "Aurora" (or the office) just emailed that our January Wonder cruise will not go to St Thomas and will go to San Juan, 7 am to 4 pm which is a full day. I love PR and have no problem with the itinerary alteration. St Marten and Coco Cay stay. Will not mention that on main boards for fear of being torn up. 😁 I am sure there will be angry people since this is after final payment.

I like St. Thomas but I would be fine with a change to PR. I always look forward to returning there. I'd be less happy losing St. Maarten.

• Like 5