Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, George C said:

Dolly Parton had a fun halftime show .

Ever since Betty White died, Dolly Parton is our new national treasure.  What an amazing woman.  And to wear a Cowboys Cheerleader outfit at 77??  😲  I thought she might have multiple layers of Spanx on, but Micheline said that she's always been skinny, at least in most areas.  

• Like 11

11 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

We are booking Bella 3 B2B and hopefully same cabin as well!

21 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Just sent my inquiry to the TA!  Probably just the 8 night Southern for us. 

We are looking at the 8 night Southern as well.  Gonna take some time this weekend, look at cabins and the calendar and hopefully shoot off an email to our TA too!

• Like 6

We fly to Houston tomorrow then stay at moody gardens in Galveston, Sunday we board Harmony, have grand suite and booked the two specialty restaurants we have never tried the first two nights wonderland then Jamie’s bought UDP. We are diamond plus so 5 free drinks daily and free drinks in suite happy hour from 4:30 to 7:30. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Ive just bought an air  fryer

I have no idea how to use it  I'm so out of my comfort zone with it.

Anyone use it for stew/casserole/pies with mash? Or is it just for pices of meat like Chops, steak, chicken etc 

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Thanksgiving.  Gobble gobble!

IMG_20231123_154207958.jpg

Maryann what a beautiful picture! Your granddaughter on your far left in dark jeans looks just like you!  Lucky gal. 

Sue, I hit the wrong key and the space for me to respond to your post went in cyber space.  What I wanted to post was that I do use my air fryer on occasion for burgers, chicken, fries. I use my slow cooker for stews, casseroles.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

39 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

We are looking at the 8 night Southern as well.  Gonna take some time this weekend, look at cabins and the calendar and hopefully shoot off an email to our TA too!

8 Night Southern is what interests us too.

• Like 7

Well when it rains it pours. Seems like there is always something going on with Linda and I’s physical ailments.

So Linda just got her MRI back on her shoulder that’s been hurting ever since after her hand surgery. She has a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum tear. Most likely from using her non dominant arm after the surgery and doing some heavy lifting. If she has surgery right after Christmas it might take a good 6 months to rehab and would mean we might  have to cancel our April 1st Celebrity Beyond sailing.

Then my surgical knee is doing well but I now gave numbness and a burning sensation in my non surgical leg in the thigh area. At first I thought it might be due to the spinal block they did but now it’s been 3 weeks and I’m still having issues with it.

To make matters worse my groin pain is not any better and I see my doctor on Monday but now I suspect that I have a inguinal hernia. Which would be another surgery to correct that. Hopefully we can schedule everything without minimal interruption to our cruising but I’m now worried we might have to cancel Beyond.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well when it rains it pours. Seems like there is always something going on with Linda and I’s physical ailments.

So Linda just got her MRI back on her shoulder that’s been hurting ever since after her hand surgery. She has a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum tear. Most likely from using her non dominant arm after the surgery and doing some heavy lifting. If she has surgery right after Christmas it might take a good 6 months to rehab and would mean we might  have to cancel our April 1st Celebrity Beyond sailing.

Then my surgical knee is doing well but I now gave numbness and a burning sensation in my non surgical leg in the thigh area. At first I thought it might be due to the spinal block they did but now it’s been 3 weeks and I’m still having issues with it.

To make matters worse my groin pain is not any better and I see my doctor on Monday but now I suspect that I have a inguinal hernia. Which would be another surgery to correct that. Hopefully we can schedule everything without minimal interruption to our cruising but I’m now worried we might have to cancel Beyond.

Wow , that is a lot to deal with . Wishing you and Linda a quick resolution to your problems. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It sucks when health gets in the way of cruising. 😞

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ugh, so sorry to hear that.  Andi seems to have the same health luck between her knee, hip, etc....it's always something she's battling.  Sending good vibes to both of you that things work out.  Beyond will always be there, health is more important!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear, getting old definitely sucks.  New aches and pains every day, hopefully yours and Linda's will be resolved easily without too much disruption to your cruise schedule. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Which one, the 8 day Southern?

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Have a hold on a deck 11 4D cabin for both legs of the Bella 3.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh no!  So sorry to hear about Linda's shoulder plus your situation as well.  I hope the Monday doctor's appointment can give you some answers to the burning thigh situation and if you have a hernia.  I pray you don't have to cancel Beyond!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

9 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Have a hold on a deck 11 4D cabin for both legs of the Bella 3.

Kudos to @Ourusualbeach for choosing a Saturday departure 😎

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish you and Linda the best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I had a hernia repair when I was about 50.  PCP recommended surgery due to my age.  Older, he said he would recommend a truss.  Recovery was fairly quick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry to hear you and Linda are facing so many issues. Hoping they are not as bad as it may seem and you can still go on your Beyond cruise. 

• Like 3