Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well when it rains it pours. Seems like there is always something going on with Linda and I’s physical ailments.

So Linda just got her MRI back on her shoulder that’s been hurting ever since after her hand surgery. She has a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum tear. Most likely from using her non dominant arm after the surgery and doing some heavy lifting. If she has surgery right after Christmas it might take a good 6 months to rehab and would mean we might  have to cancel our April 1st Celebrity Beyond sailing.

Then my surgical knee is doing well but I now gave numbness and a burning sensation in my non surgical leg in the thigh area. At first I thought it might be due to the spinal block they did but now it’s been 3 weeks and I’m still having issues with it.

To make matters worse my groin pain is not any better and I see my doctor on Monday but now I suspect that I have a inguinal hernia. Which would be another surgery to correct that. Hopefully we can schedule everything without minimal interruption to our cruising but I’m now worried we might have to cancel Beyond.

I’m so sorry to read this.  It’s been 2 years since my rotator cuff surgery.  It is definitely not a surgery for the faint of heart.   Please tell her to make sure she does her physical therapy.   Sending prayers to you both. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann what a beautiful picture! Your granddaughter on your far left in dark jeans looks just like you!  Lucky gal. 

Thank you,Bonnie!  Thank you for your kind words also, Marietta @DaniDanielle, Dani, @dani negreanu, Debbie @Sunshine3601, Deb @Momof3gurlz,aussie @aussielozzie18 hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.   The girls are our two oldest granddaughters, the oldest in the dark jeans.  I don't know where our oldest grandson was for pictures🤔  We had a lovely dinner at our oldest daughter's home, with 5 of our 7 grandchildren.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I do have some good news we booked with our outstanding TA the Bella 3 cruise on January 24th, 2026 on Oasis. Come join us. 

Glad to hear you and Linda have joined the Bella 3 cruise.  I'll have to get on that tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about you and Linda, between your leg and groin, and Linda with her rotator cuff, etc.  it stinks big time!

• Like 5

@sgmn  DS bought me an air fryer.  I intended to use it for all sorts of cooking but it ended up being easier just using my existing oven because I don’t have space to have in permanently in the kitchen (DH feels it’s too bulky to be left on the countertop or kitchen table).  So, it just use it occasionally for crisping chips.

I think it would be great for cooking salmon, fish & chicken tenders - once you get the temp/time combo correct.  My first attempts dried them out..

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 5:31 AM, h20skibum said:

Yesterday would have been my mother’s 95th birthday.  She never did like the fact that she had to celebrate on the day that JFK was assassinated.   Our newspapers had quite a few stories to mark 60 years since that event.  I was in 6th grade, and am old enough to remember where I was when it happened.

You may not have been old enough to be in a state of shock from the moment you heard the President had been shot until the funeral was over. 

We were glued to the tv; I don’t think I cooked anything, just ate whatever. 
I don’t think I slept more than a couple of hours the whole time. 
And was shocked out of my shoes when my sister-in-law said “I don’t care one way it the other. He was never my president “.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You may not have been old enough to be in a state of shock from the moment you heard the President had been shot until the funeral was over. 

We were glued to the tv; I don’t think I cooked anything, just ate whatever. 
I don’t think I slept more than a couple of hours the whole time. 
And was shocked out of my shoes when my sister-in-law said “I don’t care one way it the other. He was never my president “.

He was the candidate in the first election i was old enough to vote in. While I did not vote for him, I was PO'ed that some clown with a gun denied me the choice to decide whether to vote for him again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m ticked at myself!

I accidentally x’ed the humor page off my screen and now I can’t find it again. 
I went through about 8 pages of RCI posts.

Does anyone know how to find it again? 

I think it got moved to the Floataway Lounge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m ticked at myself!

I accidentally x’ed the humor page off my screen and now I can’t find it again. 
I went through about 8 pages of RCI posts.

Does anyone know how to find it again? 

Never mind! It popped into my head after I posted!

I feel so dumb; blame it on all the turkey. 
I found it in Floataway  Lounge. I had forgotten about that!

Thanks for responding to my plea!

Edited by jagsfan

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well when it rains it pours. Seems like there is always something going on with Linda and I’s physical ailments.

So Linda just got her MRI back on her shoulder that’s been hurting ever since after her hand surgery. She has a torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum tear. Most likely from using her non dominant arm after the surgery and doing some heavy lifting. If she has surgery right after Christmas it might take a good 6 months to rehab and would mean we might  have to cancel our April 1st Celebrity Beyond sailing.

Then my surgical knee is doing well but I now gave numbness and a burning sensation in my non surgical leg in the thigh area. At first I thought it might be due to the spinal block they did but now it’s been 3 weeks and I’m still having issues with it.

To make matters worse my groin pain is not any better and I see my doctor on Monday but now I suspect that I have a inguinal hernia. Which would be another surgery to correct that. Hopefully we can schedule everything without minimal interruption to our cruising but I’m now worried we might have to cancel Beyond.

So sorry Greg. I really hope you both can get things resolved in order to keep your Beyond cruise.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Have a hold on a deck 11 4D cabin for both legs of the Bella 3.

4 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

We also have Deck 11 4D on hold for both legs. 

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I do have some good news we booked with our outstanding TA the Bella 3 cruise on January 24th, 2026 on Oasis. Come join us. 

Deck 10, 4D cabin booked for us.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg, I hope you get everything resolved with positive outcomes.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, George C said:

But I preferred last years tree with Joebob under it

@George C  I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Joebob.

But that photo brought to mind many of our pups (the basset hounds, for some reason) that loved to lay under the tree.  They seemed to think the tree skirt was placed specifically for them to lay on.   Our golden retrievers were much more well behaved 😀 Our current golden just likes to lay behind the tree (and often twirls it as he is walking past). Sigh.....

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

This is a picture of Minnie the new sitter sent me.  Oh dear, I’m in big trouble…

Oh, dear....I don't know anything about cats, but that look says everything.  But Minnie is a beautiful cat.

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1