Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Nice afternoon here as well.  Went granddaughter’s first dance recital.  She’s 4 years old.  The kids were all adorable and did a great job.

image.thumb.jpeg.ba96a9e23029be755411249d48dd2a3c.jpeg

She is Very pretty little dancer.  I always loved going to the children's shows when our kids were growing up.   Adorable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Coralc  the echo dot, I believe was you that suggested this gift, was a hit.   It was stolen by one of our younger techs.    

I'm glad it went well. It wasn't in play at ours. The person who opened it, really wanted it and hid it. 😃 New people who didn't quite understand the rules. And with the seating arrangement at Cheesecake Factory, it was difficult to see all the gifts. ☺️ It was fun, we had a good time.

When it was my turn, I stole a bottle of Maker's Mark. (Which I knew would be stolen from me) Which allowed me to steal the box of Belgian chocolates, which is what I really wanted. 😃

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm glad it went well. It wasn't in play at ours. The person who opened it, really wanted it and hid it. 😃 New people who didn't quite understand the rules. And with the seating arrangement at Cheesecake Factory, it was difficult to see all the gifts. ☺️ It was fun, we had a good time.

When it was my turn, I stole a bottle of Maker's Mark. (Which I knew would be stolen from me) Which allowed me to steal the box of Belgian chocolates, which is what I really wanted. 😃

image.gif.ad351f80ef4dd971389884a599bc4d46.gif

• Haha 7

Christmas lunch near Narrabeen Beach today.  Family that swam at the beach afterwards said the sea temps were gorgeous.

In the late afternoon, dropped some gifts off at my friends’ place.  Decided to check out the new lookout that was installed by the council  in the area.E3D5100E-26A3-4B02-8A05-A7277C4B7DA4.thumb.jpeg.344494fbb0e9e1cfa4003d107dffde2a.jpeg

29494335-763A-4F86-A984-0FA7D2F2A148.thumb.jpeg.c997e6d793e99a3b6d94d515820f80d2.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We are currently on the front end of that weather event that is coming up from the south.  
Wind advisory to start soon. 
Rain is to be ongoing most of day. 

Off to cemeteries to place wreathes and candles in their glass votives. 

Umbrella and babuska in tow. 

😃

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Nice afternoon here as well.  Went granddaughter’s first dance recital.  She’s 4 years old.  The kids were all adorable and did a great job.

image.thumb.jpeg.ba96a9e23029be755411249d48dd2a3c.jpeg

What a beautiful ballerina!

@dani negreanu Dani, how was your train ride to see your friend?  I hope you had a wonderful uneventful visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, Sea Dog said:

So now that we canceled our Beyond sailing we are thinking of taking that money and putting it into some permanent outdoor house lighting not only for Christmas but all year round. It’s from a company called Jellyfish Lighting. It’s all LED programmable and just about every color imaginable. Hers a video. What do you think? It’s not cheap around $3800 but it’s cheaper than what we would spend on our cruise. Either do something like this or just save the money for another cruise. Thoughts?

Greg, with your love of holiday decorating (and your love of KC sports teams), I think the Jellyfish Lighting is something that will bring you a lot of enjoyment for years to come.  You put the investment into the artificial turf for the back yard, so it makes sense to make an investment in the front of the house, too.  

If you weren't planning on being in the house long-term, I'd say go on a cruise instead, but since you plan on being there for a long time still, the lighting is something that will make your life a LOT easier for the foreseeable future.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2023 at 1:03 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure of the proper name, does anyone have a bed that you can raise the head on one side of a king size bed?  I am thinking raising the bed might be more comfortable than using 2 or 3 pillows to raise my head.

Pretty much anywhere that sells beds will sell you a Split King Adjustable Bed. 

I got my (full size, non-split) adjustable frame and a memory foam mattress from Sam's Club probably 4-5 years ago, and I love it!  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 52°F and sunny here.

Pauline was helping her friend yesterday who had just got out of hospital a couple of days ago.

Sadly her friends mam died last night.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Ahh..I am so sorry to hear about Pauline's friends Mam passing away.   Never easy, especially during the holidays and when this couple has their health issues going on right now. 

I hope her and her Husband's recovery are going well.    🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Greg, with your love of holiday decorating (and your love of KC sports teams), I think the Jellyfish Lighting is something that will bring you a lot of enjoyment for years to come.  You put the investment into the artificial turf for the back yard, so it makes sense to make an investment in the front of the house, too.  

If you weren't planning on being in the house long-term, I'd say go on a cruise instead, but since you plan on being there for a long time still, the lighting is something that will make your life a LOT easier for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree. Still a little undecided. The problem with these lights is that they are mounted on the underside of the soffit so the are kinda hidden and blend into your house unlike Christmas lights. When you are facing the house you see all the lights but if you are off to the side some of the lights are obscured but you see the effect on the house. Not sure I like that or not..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My SIL had knee replacement surgery on Tuesday.    She said the first night was the worst once the nerve blocker wore off.   She has PT person everyday and is doing great as of this morning.    She is going to try to get out of the house tomorrow and visit her Mother.    She hopes to use just a cane tomorrow.    Seems pretty soon to me but she's the type of person that cannot sit still for long.   

Hopefully your SIL will have a speedy recovery,Debbie

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, how was your train ride to see your friend?  I hope you had a wonderful uneventful visit.

Thanks, Bonnie. I kind of dreaded the train ride, thinking Hanukah holiday, crowded/lots of kids, but, I guess the "situation" made for far less travelers...

Avi (my friend's hubby) was kind enough to wait for me at the station, and in a matter of minutes I've joined my other friends.

With all the effort, it was hard to play "ostrich" when all the time more and more bad news are pilling up....

• Like 15