Do you print you Set Sail Pass??

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I use my phone with the Royal App that displays the set sail pass but  I also print it out and take it as a backup. 

But he thinks his sept 4th alaska cruise will be cancelled, so no back up needed?

OP in the event it doesnt get cancelled, then  print it, but I wouldnt bother now.

Edited by firefly333

I understand your post is regarding your Alaska cruise but to answer your topic question, I’ve always printed my pass. It makes the embarkation (pre pandemic) so much easier, smoother and faster. 

No need to print a set sail pass.  Check in via the app, set sail pass is in the app.  You can put the set sail pass into the wallet on your phone, just like an airline boarding pass.  The wallet can be accessed without any cellular service, so no need for paper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

No need to print a set sail pass.  Check in via the app, set sail pass is in the app.  You can put the set sail pass into the wallet on your phone, just like an airline boarding pass.  The wallet can be accessed without any cellular service, so no need for paper.

This is what we do.  Haven't printed the paper pass for quite a while.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replys.  I have always printed the Set Sail, and any other documents because for me that was part of the fun and lead up to the cruise.  I have always printed airline tickets also, just seemed easier to hand a piece of paper over than to get 4 tickets on my phone.  Will probably sign for our Sept. cruise, just in case a miracle happens.

4 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We have an Alaska cruise scheduled for Sept. 4 and although I know it will be cancelled I can still hope.  Just wondering if other people have done the 90 day documents or just ignore them.

Thanks

I just ignored the check ins for my June and July cruises. 

We always print our passes. But wait until just prior to cruise in case there are any changes. In the olden days, the bar code use to be updated when there were changes to the reservation. I think that have resolved that "feature" now. But we are still in the mode of waiting until all of the last minute updates have been made to the res before printing.  

10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Thanks for all the replys.  I have always printed the Set Sail, and any other documents because for me that was part of the fun and lead up to the cruise.  I have always printed airline tickets also, just seemed easier to hand a piece of paper over than to get 4 tickets on my phone.  Will probably sign for our Sept. cruise, just in case a miracle happens.

When boarding passes first became available on my phone, I still printed them because I was unsure that the technology would always work the way it was intended to work. As it turned out, I never needed the printed copy. After many flights having both digital and printed copies with me, I decided to "go green" and not print boarding passes anymore. The problem is, when I check my luggage at the counter, they print boarding passes for me! So, while I'm trying to be "green", the airlines aren't doing their part. In answer to the original question, I have stopped printing my Set Sail Pass, I use my phone. If something goes wrong and I can't access it on my phone, I know they have it "in the system" so I'll be able to board.

• Like 1

boarding passes - airline tickets - anything that is important gets printed - just in case - I don't want to have to be fumbling with phones, lost internet connection or anything else.  Technology is great, but paper never gets the "I'm loading circle of mystery"

• Like 2

It's completely counter-productive printing your Setsail pass, boarding card etc. if you use the mobile app

The whole point of the mobile app is to save the planet and make things more convenient. If you're printing your set-sail pass you may as well not use the app to check-in.

I always use mobile apps for boarding passes etc. now with no paper backup

There IS an advantage to completing check in even if you think it will eventually be canceled.  I completed our check in and we received information via email about our cancellation about 3 weeks before the couple who was traveling with us - they did not complete the check in.  So , we got the bad news earlier - so put us more in front of line for refund.

33 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

boarding passes - airline tickets - anything that is important gets printed - just in case - I don't want to have to be fumbling with phones, lost internet connection or anything else.  Technology is great, but paper never gets the "I'm loading circle of mystery"

If you put your boarding pass and set sail pass in the wallet on your phone, you do not need an internet connection to access them.  There is no "loading circle of mystery" as they are just a copy that can be easily accessed.

• Like 1

Always.  

But OP...you don't have to print the documents.  I only print the first single page of my set sail pass.  With no sea pass cards given at check in, you will need that bar code that is printed on that page to board the ship.  

Yes, many just use their phone, but the paper pass does not run out of battery time.  😉  Good to have a paper trail.  

One single page printed out makes life much easier.  You will hear the team at check in terminal calling out for set sail pass and passports out and ready...makes the line move faster.  

• Like 2

I like to do both since sometimes my phone doesn't like to cooperate at the most important times (like when trying to pay something in person with paypal -_-).  My husband doesn't use apps so he still likes to print.  I swear for a guy that loves techy things he's so old fashioned.

• Like 1

I take a pic on my phone, in case no service can pull up pic. Just read the wallet

thing. have never used that.  And I always print........just feel more at ease  LOL

Just like plane ticket, just a picture, barcode always works.

17 minutes ago, kelbell said:

I take a pic on my phone, in case no service can pull up pic. Just read the wallet

thing. have never used that.  And I always print........just feel more at ease  LOL

Just like plane ticket, just a picture, barcode always works.

The wallet works great.  You can even put your loyalty cards from any of your shopping apps in there too so when you check out at the supermarket, you can just scan the barcode from your wallet and don't need all those little tag things on your keys.  Most apps will have a button that allows you to add anything to your wallet.  We put concert tickets there too.  Just like your regular wallet, you do need to clean it out and delete old boarding passes and stuff.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, swoopy2110 said:

It's completely counter-productive printing your Setsail pass, boarding card etc. if you use the mobile app

The whole point of the mobile app is to save the planet and make things more convenient. If you're printing your set-sail pass you may as well not use the app to check-in.

I always use mobile apps for boarding passes etc. now with no paper backup

Completely counter-productive? only in your opinion.  The first time your battery dies, phone malfunctions, cell service not available, etc, and you're left without that boarding pass you may well change your tune.

• Like 2