Majesty: Will Cuba cruises save her?

I dont think so, its hard to point it out but these days noone is really safe. I tried to find any information on it on the internet but unfortunatly noones even writes about it. Its a pure controversey right now. We will have to wait and see 

I was on the Majesty in March when cruising stopped and had to miss the second of my B2B cruise out of New Orleans.  With her two sister ships beached in Turkey, I feel that Majesty’s days may be numbered.  I would like to sail again on the Majesty before she joins her sisters.

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

I do not see "Cuba" as a cruise port visit in the future at all.

It may be a destination in the future, but after some research and thought, not one that I will be taking any time soon. It is a place I would like to see but not until there is new leadership and political change.

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

I do not see "Cuba" as a cruise port visit in the future at all.

Too early to tell.

Cuba is slowly opening back up to tourism as of this month (July).  Much depends, from a US perspective, what happens in the November election.

Have been trying to get back to Cuba for a couple years but sailings there were cancelled out (Oceania and Azamara, part of much longer cruises).  Spent 10 days there and would love to return.  Unique and beautiful place.

• Like 3

My wife and I sailed Majesty to Cuba and loved it. We got rained out for part of the day, but it was still a very memorable trip. I would absolutely go back if/when cruising to Cuba is allowed again. Definitely not a touristy Cozumel/Nassau kind of place and that's what made me really appreciate seeing it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, atanac said:

The only novelty of going to Cuba is just being there. Other than that it's a third world country with

all the inconvieniences you could want.

But they do have some cool old cars.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mek said:

But they do have some cool old cars.

That's about all they have.  We took the 5 hour RCCL tour and it was a combination of one stop to see the old cars and 4 1/2 hours of political propaganda while driving through poverty laden streets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Cuba has the best beaches in the world and I hope that it remains closed to cruises. Been there a few times but not with the kids.....yet. 

Yeah yeah, the food is meh but the beer is nice and cold. 

I spent a week in Havana last year and it was wonderful.

Beautiful architecture, friendly people, wonderful arts and music. We also took a fantastic trip out to the Vinales Valley which is a UNESCO World Heritage area.

It is an amazing place to visit as a land trip.

Edited by Missusdubbya
  • Like 1

I would hope that they save Empress for returning to Cuba. They spent so much money bringing up to a great level.  We were fortunate to have cruised to Cuba three times on her before US stopped cruises to there again.  It was so refreshing to see something other than the same old caribbean islands.  The cities and towns outside of Havana are very interesting.  Love the Spanish architecture.

Let's see what happens after November

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

I would hope that they save Empress for returning to Cuba. They spent so much money bringing up to a great level. 

Do you know the real reason so much extra was spent on Empress when they received her from Pullmantur?

50 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Do you know the real reason so much extra was spent on Empress when they received her from Pullmantur?

On the ship they said that she turned out to be in much worse condition than expected when they got her back.

16 hours ago, hloakes said:

It may be a destination in the future, but after some research and thought, not one that I will be taking any time soon. It is a place I would like to see but not until there is new leadership and political change.

Many people from all over the world think similar w/r to the USA.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, atanac said:

The only novelty of going to Cuba is just being there. Other than that it's a third world country with

all the inconvieniences you could want.

Much like many other ports of call minus the novelty.  The only difference is the mega shopping areas built by the cruise lines to accommodate DI, TI, etc. in the other ports. 

We did Cuba a couple of years ago and found it to be quite interesting.  Never experienced any of the political propaganda and in fact, our tour guide was very honest about the country.  We found the people to be friendly and  welcoming and would return in a heartbeat.

Edited by badvector
  • Like 3