The Daily for Friday Oct 2, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Here is why I was late posting yesterday.

We bought a new house! Spent most of yesterday with the closing (there were some difficulties on the seller's side) and moving boxes from our condo. 

image.thumb.png.57850fdb4eb118c3d7e25bc743fe7525.png

image.thumb.png.e514c836068deb72c291071d3ff49897.png

How wonderful - Congratulations! I love that bump out window & what a view! You are right, you could easily launch a kayak/canoe there.

May you spend many wonderful years there!

• Like 1

Good morning, and thanks for the Daily! I must admit to my eternal shame that I've only been inclined to name my cars when they were broken down....sorry, Mom 🤬

Congrats to Fred on the new home! It looks so nice. Many happy years ahead there, we hope.

Today is Lori's birthday, so a trip to the salon is in order. Then a picnic lunch lakeside in a local park to celebrate. That's about as wild and crazy as it gets, these days.

Hope everyone stays safe and have a wonderful day!

Lori & George

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, VintageGeo said:

Good morning, and thanks for the Daily! I must admit to my eternal shame that I've only been inclined to name my cars when they were broken down....sorry, Mom 🤬

Congrats to Fred on the new home! It looks so nice. Many happy years ahead there, we hope.

Today is Lori's birthday, so a trip to the salon is in order. Then a picnic lunch lakeside in a local park to celebrate. That's about as wild and crazy as it gets, these days.

Hope everyone stays safe and have a wonderful day!

Lori & George

Happy Birthday, Lori! And many more.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the feedback on the new house! I am going to haul more stuff over there right now.

But first, here is HAL's version of the drink of the day. It is quite good. I think I have the actual proportions written down somewhere...

image.thumb.png.b7049300caee912f97d903c45419671f.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, and a big thank you to Rich and Roy for our Daily get togethers!  Congratulations to @Overhead Fred on the new home, and Happy Birthday to Lori!

It is quite smoky here this morning, but evidently  the smoke is higher in the atmosphere, so the air pollution is lower.  A photo of the early morning sun -

IMG_5234.thumb.jpeg.e4bb67694ba0c7a794cb3c62bfea211c.jpeg

Evidently I missed out on a gorgeous moon last night.  I will try to remember to look out tonight and see if it's still a "harvest moon".

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!  

@Overhead Fred your house and gardens are beautiful.  How exciting!

As others, I'm not a fan of pumpkin in anything other than pie (love that though!!).  Wonderful that custodians have their special day.  They always work hard, but especially now in these trying times.  

Today I'm driving north to meet my best friend for lunch. We meet every month, usually at the mid-point (we live an hour apart) or sometimes at our homes.  I won't dine inside a restaurant since Covid, so it can be tricky finding places that have appropriate outdoor dining -- and will get harder once bad weather starts 😞  Where there's a will there's a way, we'll work it out.

Stay well everyone and wear your masks 🙂  

• Like 9

Thanks for the daily. Congratulations Fred, the house is gorgeous. If some one brought me pumpkin ravioli I would try it but Roy’s dinner sounds great. Beautiful fall day here, even if there is a slight hint of lingering smoke. I so look forward to reading this thread with my morning coffee. 

• Like 5

Since it's "Name Your Car Day" and pumpkin ravioli is what's cooking, I'll share this...

my first car, when 16 years old, was a Toyota Corolla that was an absolutely hideous color of orange.  That car, which was about $2,000 new at the time, ran like a top with no repairs for 150,000 miles.  We affectionately called her "The Great Pumpkin."

Enjoy your day, everyone!  It's so nice to be in October!   😊

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Good morning and thanks everyone.  A day of congratulations,  to Fred on a lovely new home,   And to Lori, Happy Birthday! 

I confess to driving Pearl🤷‍♀️

The moon was incredible the last last two nights,  hard to catch the colours!  

E0A54C91-6672-4EAB-BF57-993C5BCD0682.jpeg

EE0CA1A0-76FE-4815-97B8-7B8372DABC55.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Fridays in Maryland during the football season are known as "Purple Fridays" and while not a fan and I don't have any Ravens gear I have a couple of other purple tee-shirts, and Dunkin Donuts have some special Purple donuts which I have buying weekly.  That tradition is in jeopardy.  When I went into the shop this morning there were 2 other customers with their masks around their necks and the staff said nothing.  I did send an email to the health department and they say they will follow up.

We're having a mixed bag of numbers.  According to Johns Hopkins our positivity rate has gone from under 5% a week ago to 5.6 today and we're getting quite a few cases, but our hospitalization is still very low.  I wonder if it's because more of the people not getting the message are young.

Roy

• Like 6

Good Morning Everyone!  Today I can relate to all three days. 

My son in law is a great school custodian at the school my daughter teaches at!  They are both really working hard to keep the building clean and with the hybrid classes.

Our vehicles have real "imaginative" names "Brown truck and Red truck" and "cruiser" LOL.

Appreciate our farm animals though we are scaled down to just rabbits, chickens and ducks now. Area has grown and we have been absorbed into the city with an agricultural clause, so we can keep a few small animals but no large livestock.  We live on the last 3 acres of my grandparents farm.

Take care everyone have a great weekend.......................I may just try the pumpkin ravioli!

• Like 9

Good Morning Everyone!  Today I can relate to all three days. 

My son in law is a great school custodian at the school my daughter teaches at!  They are both really working hard to keep the building clean and with the hybrid classes.

Our vehicles have real "imaginative" names "Brown truck and Red truck" and "cruiser" LOL.

Appreciate our farm animals though we are scaled down to just rabbits, chickens and ducks now. Area has grown and we have been absorbed into the city with an agricultural clause, so we can keep a few small animals but no large livestock.  We live on the last 3 acres of my grandparents farm.

Take care everyone have a great weekend.......................I may just try the pumpkin ravioli!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, and a big thank you to Rich and Roy for our Daily get togethers!  Congratulations to @Overhead Fred on the new home, and Happy Birthday to Lori!

It is quite smoky here this morning, but evidently  the smoke is higher in the atmosphere, so the air pollution is lower.  A photo of the early morning sun -

IMG_5234.thumb.jpeg.e4bb67694ba0c7a794cb3c62bfea211c.jpeg

Evidently I missed out on a gorgeous moon last night.  I will try to remember to look out tonight and see if it's still a "harvest moon".

We're in Western Washington & it was too smoky to see the moon last night.

• Like 3

A little late posting today.  Fred, congratulations on the house.  It is pretty and the yard looks nice.  Our daughter got her masters at the St. Paul campus of the U, and had an apartment on Larpenteur just east of Snelling.  It's a nice area.

I remember pumpkin ravioli was on the menu at a few Mariner's lunches a few years ago.  I think I skipped the ravioli until they changed it to mushroom ravioli.  Not a big fan of pumpkin, not even pumpkin pie.

I've only had one car with a name.  When I was in high school and college in the mid 60s, I drove my mother's 56 Plymouth.  It had several quirks, including the windshield wipers coming on whenever I drove over railroad tracks too fast or hit an unexpected bump.  It could take up to 10 minutes to get the wipers to stop, which raised eyebrows since it was mostly sunny and dry in west Texas.  I don't remember if it I or one of my friends name it The Bomb.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Greetings to all!

Happy Birthday to Lori and Fred, the house looks beautiful.   Wishing you many wonderful years there.   As for naming cars, we had the Old White Ghost, a Plymouth Belvedere station wagon that was 10 years old and holding on for dear life.  She was replaced by Bonny, a Pontiac Bonneville.  This was when I was a kid.  I never named mine.  

We are back from the woods and had a wonderful time.  Below are some pictures from yesterday afternoon's hike:

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. We took Lori's Bday 'do for an alfresco lunch, and then visited a new park that just opened here. It sits along the Arkansas river (which, as I quickly learned after moving here is most definitely pronounced 'R-Kansas'). It is a lovely spot, especially on such a beautiful October day. 

20201002_133155.thumb.jpg.9842d39738ad4b422b312b5d31c6d632.jpg

20201002_133232(0).thumb.jpg.5fdc5dd93ef4c53b63a1d9395dbed739.jpg

20201002_142306.thumb.jpg.92323963d235eb39849efbbda458d4f5.jpg

We hope all are having one as nice.

Lori & George

• Like 14