It’s official - More cancellations

mertziek

2 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

So are Encore and Escape the only ships not cancelled for March right now? Those are the only ones that I could think of off the top of my head that weren't  listed.

NCL website says Encore, Escape, and Joy.

TRAVEL ALERT
Updated: December 2, 2020 - Suspended Cruises

On October 30, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order, a roadmap for the steps the CDC will require for resumption of cruise voyages in the U.S. We will closely review the order and continue to partner with global and domestic authorities, including the CDC, to chart a path forward.

We have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of ALL voyages through February 2021. We previously had suspended cruises on Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn through March 2021; and today we will be adding Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Sun, and Pride of America to the list of cruises suspended through March 2021.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

For the latest information on suspended sailings click here.

We were booked on b2b out of San Juan with the 1st one leaving 03/28 and the2 one leaving 04/04.  The March one is on 'hold' and no balance due but the April one is still showing as a good cruise but I am assuming that one will be cancelled or changed anyway since it is the last cruise on the Epic scheduled out of San Juan for the spring.  I can't imagine that they will send the Epic there for only 1 week.  I guess it is wait and see what comes next.

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Getting the vaccine out is the game changer.

I think finding a reliable treatment will be the real game-changer.  A vaccine will help, but it's no guarantee of anything in terms of effectively preventing the spread of the virus (which is what is holding up cruising.)

It's less about not getting the virus and more about when you do get it, you don't die.  That will lessen people's fears about traveling, gatherings and lead to getting back to some kind of a normal life.

Just now, cabincop said:

Ugghhhh Connie I’m not canceling mine. Just gonna wait & see 

@cabincop I'm happy for you! 😉 The news here, is that many of us won't receive a vaccine until mid > late summer leaving little hope that I'll be able to cruise until at least Sept.  

The good news is I'm healthy, the bad news is I'm too healthy to be considered high-risk.  So, I'll wait. 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  

Cheers

29 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

So are they going to do the test sailings on those 3 ships?

Not stated as such but it looks like those are the 3 they intend to test and get going first.

I just want to say this communication was well handled for once.  Detailed, clear, and goes out far enough we are not left hanging 4 weeks at a time.

• Like 6

I think with three promising vaccines on the near horizon, some cruise lines have changed their strategy. Instead of spending a fortune and ton of resources trying to meet current CDC requirements, which will be short lived, take a step back and wait for the vaccines.  Perhaps when they do start they will require every passenger to have a vaccine certification and will be able to forgo some of the harsh restrictions.  

This of course means a full year without a revenue cruise.  Who would have thought that last March?  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

@cabincop I'm happy for you! 😉 The news here, is that many of us won't receive a vaccine until mid > late summer leaving little hope that I'll be able to cruise until at least Sept.  

The good news is I'm healthy, the bad news is I'm too healthy to be considered high-risk.  So, I'll wait. 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  

Cheers

Actually, the Dr. who heads up Operation Warp Speed said most of the US population will get the vaccine March, April & May.  Actually, I see you are from Canada so perhaps the timeframe is different for you.

Edited by Crazy planning mom

@Crazy planning mom yup, great news for US citizens.  The rest of world will do their own thing as well.  As I said, here, it's unlikely I'll receive my vaccine until later in the year. 

Enjoy your cruises. I can wait, there are certainly more people that really need the vaccine than me. 

Stay safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eroller said:

I think with three promising vaccines on the near horizon, some cruise lines have changed their strategy. Instead of spending a fortune and ton of resources trying to meet current CDC requirements, which will be short lived, take a step back and wait for the vaccines.  Perhaps when they do start they will require every passenger to have a vaccine certification and will be able to forgo some of the harsh restrictions.  

This of course means a full year without a revenue cruise.  Who would have thought that last March?  

Most sensible post today, safety first.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Our 5 day cruise was cancelled on the Encore just now. Disappointed and I knew it was coming yesterday.  I am relieved I wont be a guinea pig for the Encore.

well, damn

just when I was starting to see light and the end of the tunnel. We will be booking another once again.

Will not stop cruising, camping, visiting friends, but the ones who are worried about daily life you are free to stay home

Im willing to get tested ONCE, haven't and dont plan on getting the SHOT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmasters said:

well, damn

just when I was starting to see light and the end of the tunnel. We will be booking another once again.

Will not stop cruising, camping, visiting friends, but the ones who are worried about daily life you are free to stay home

Im willing to get tested ONCE, haven't and dont plan on getting the SHOT

Without the vaccine, I'd be extremely surprised if you were able to embark a cruise ship. 😉 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Expect more cancellations:  April 2021 Getaway to Bahamas is no longer available.  The only sailing available from NYC in April 2021 is a transatlantic.

Oh well......

😞....I hope they just met the capacity restrictions and are still setting sail....I know, not likely. I wonder if they are offering anything extra for the cancelled cruises ?