If You Could Change Just One Thing?

Lady Arwen

28 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

You asked for one, I'm giving you three. I've never been good at following directions.

Replace those flimsy lemon wheels served with iced tea with real lemon wedges.

Trying to squeeze one of those wheels is nearly impossible, and results in very little lemon juice.

I know they are trying to save money, but the lemon isn't for decoration, it's for flavor.

You can get lemon wedges, but you have to request them.

Stop announcing art auctions over the PA....no other events are advertised in this manner.

Make all wines available in all venues, it's not that hard to do.

Yup, on all three 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I agree that the "professional" trivia teams are detrimental to the spirit of the thing. However, I do want to have a team of 2 so my wife and I can participate together.

My DW does not play trivia, but I have no problem with you teaming up with your wife. I was referring to the large teams.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

My DW does not play trivia, but I have no problem with you teaming up with your wife. I was referring to the large teams.

Some folks on these teams take it very seriously, VERY!  We don’t even watch anymore because all the fun has gone.  I just don’t understand.

• Like 3

Make the ships completely no smoking.   Kettles in all rooms, all trips...not just UK trips.

...depending on the ship we would still book Princess in a flash as we have in the past.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Potstech said:

Stop requiring room linked Drink package and specials being required of all people in a cabin. It can be done on an individual basis.

Enforce no seat saving in the theaters.

Put the so called formal night to rest and call it something else that is not connected to a " dress request".  

Enforce standards in the dining rooms for the evening meals.

Can we clarify the no seat saving please.   This would be  group  seat saving.    I don't want to get into a conflict by saving my partners seat when he uses the restroom.   That is only fair.   I most definitely hate the group saving.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Overall very happy with Princess....

Things which would be nice

Yes detachable shower head.

Some wine is only available at some bars... why ?

Lunch in MDR on port days, would be nice... but we have it on our balcony..

Yes a rotating Menu in the Crown grill would be nice..

Please go back to the old Sabatini's Menu not the new Trattoria one

( have not dine there since the new menu..... one cruise dined at Sabatiti's 10 times )

Let us bring wine on board without surcharge for drinking in cabin..

Oh  one last thing on our last cruise nov/dec 2019  45 minute live artists then change to a different one..???

Absolutely looking forward to our next princess cruise ( nov 2021  big maybe )

Finally don't put the price up too much...(2-3% ok)

Don

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

Would be nice, but people abused it in the past. That's why the policy exists. So, we would need to change people and their nature. Unfortunately, that's a pretty big ask.

If they are caught "abusing" it then charge all people involved the price of an entire package. It is just penalizing those who do not drink or use the internet in these packages.  Again ack of intestinal fotitude to enforce their own rules.

5 hours ago, majortom10 said:

why should traditional times or anytime dining define what you wear if it is classed as a Formal night it should be the same dress code in all MDRs. What is laughable on all Princess ships outside all MDRs whether traditional or anytime there is a brass plaque with dress code regulations but nobody adheres to it. If you dont want to adhere to the dress code then use the buffet or International cafe.

Remove the plaque along with the Formal night designation.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, richsea said:

Love the idea of removable shower heads on every ship. Those non removable heads & the lack of a sofa or even the chair in balcony rooms  brin g Princess down a notch or so in comparison to every other main stream line.

I know I'm in the minority, but I hate removable shower heads.  Guess I'm a klutz, but all they ever do is fall on my head or the floor.  It would help tons if the showers were larger and had doors.

I would do away with the truly awful shampoo/conditioner combo in the wall container in the shower--after using it my hair actually felt 'crunchy', which I have never experienced before.

I'd also like a comfortable chair or sofa in the cabins and a top sheet and blanket--hate trying to sleep with a duvet.  And of course, do something about chair hogs!

We been on numerous cruise lines.  They have all been good.  Princess is great, right up there with Celebrity.   Especially the coffee bar.

Great value for money.  Wonderful staff, wonderful service.   If nothing changes Princess will still be a wonderful cruise line in our view.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Make a better effort to stop people from saving seats in the Princess Theater. 
One night a lady was saving 5 seats. She had a shoe, sweater, pocketbook, and a Jacket on the seats.

If she had to save 3 more seats she would have been naked.   Then her husband came and told her she was in the wrong place. 😳

I couldn’t stop laughing. 
Tony

That sounds like a better show than anything that I have seen on a Princess ship. I nearly spit my drink out reading it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Either make dining casual or a formal requirement like Cunard.  But don't put ambiguity on vacationing passengers.

There is no ambiguity IMO.  We know what we can wear and those who wish to tux and gown are more than welcome to do so.  But, it is not necessary to impose on all.  The rest of us can make an effort to dress up to whatever degree we are comfortable with and then all they need do is enforce the actual rules they do have (no shorts, t-shirts, ball caps, flip flops, etc).  Anything else is a guideline. 

That said, I am all for a change to smart casual and still if folks want to wear formal gear, go for it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We are forced to book mini suites only, or Deluxe balconies on Royal class ships, because I refuse to sit on the bed to drink my coffee or to eat my room service breakfast.  If HAL and Celebrity can put sofas in all cabins, except for Pinnacle class interiors, then Princess can as well.

They would have to remove the dressing area which diehard Princess fans seem to like. Personally I hate the sight of the open closet the minute you walk into the room. It's very unappealing and looks like a cheap hotel upon entry.  If you can't fit one upholstered chair in hospitality room setting there is something wrong with the design.  I can't eat breakfast sitting on the bed either, also I don't always want to watch TV sitting in bed, especially dressed up for formal night while I wait for DW to get made up and dressed.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, susancruzs said:

I take longer cruises and would do jigsaw puzzles on sea days, finding space where one stays set up, is not happening on newer ships.

On my transatlantic cruises, I run into people from previous cruises and usually doing puzzles! 🙂 

Cunard often have a massive public one on the go for anyone toput in an hour or whatever.

Regards John

Save countless trees by giving up the endless flyers for Ary Auctions-and Effy jewellery !

Provide included shuttle buses when docked way out of town.

( Brisbane before new terminal)

Agree with provision of kettles in cabins, enforcing dress code and barrel chairs.

For those who dislike seeing walk in wardrobes on entry to cabin, maybe provide a curtain ??  Doesn’t bother me personally!

• Like 8

I'd like to bring my own favorite scotch and/or gin on board with me. I have no problem being charged for that, like most cruise lines do for wine. I know I could smuggle my own on board, and did many years ago, but I stopped because it was a hassle and I started to feel a little guilty. I am cheap, yes, but the main reason I'd like to bring my own liquor is personal preference: most cruise lines that offer in cabin delivery (like Princess) have a very basic list of liquor for delivery. (My opinion of Johnny Walker Red for one thing is low.....very low. 😝) My wife and I very much prefer having our drinks in our cabin, preferably on on balcony. We are not "bar people" usually. We prefer the company of each other and a quiet setting.

We opt for the "drinks package" on many cruises. Price isn't too bad although we do feel we have to have at least 3-4 drinks a day, including specialty coffees. That's about what we usually consume in 4-5 days at home. The problem for us with the drinks package is as I said we don't like our drinks in bars; I end up getting something from a nearby bar and taking it to our cabin instead.

Finally what I'd like to see Princess do: Either include cabin delivery with the drinks package or allow me to bring on my own preferred liquor (no problem paying a fee for the latter).

But hey, I just want to go on a cruise! 😎

Doug

PS - I second the Peroni beer! Great stuff!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, iancal said:

We been on numerous cruise lines.  They have all been good.  Princess is great, right up there with Celebrity.   Especially the coffee bar.

Great value for money.  Wonderful staff, wonderful service.   If nothing changes Princess will still be a wonderful cruise line in our view.

I love how International Cafe is open 24 hours, but much prefer the location and setup of Cafe Al Bacio on Celebrity. I find the seating area on princess to be dark and un-inviting compared to the venue on Celebrity which is on a higher deck and has tables by the large windows which look out onto the promenade deck and sea. Perhaps that's why most people seem to prefer to wait at the counter to get drinks to go (served in paper cups) at International Cafe compared to the full waiter service on Celebrity where everything is served in crockery and tea pots etc. 

• Like 2