3rd vaccine dose likely needed

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are an hour east of Toronto and a single family home built 50 years ago on our court listed for $899k and sold for $999k in under a week.....crazy.  You are right, if interest rates go up a lot of people will suddenly find themselves in a bad spot. Meanwhile, having been here for 20 years we have five biweekly payments left and  goodbye mortgage. 

The maid of honour at our wedding bought a new “starter” house in London in 2004 for $149K and she sold it for $189k in 2008.  A house with the same layout, on the same street, just listed for $550k and is expected to have a bidding war. Crazy times. 

• Like 2

My brother just had 40 offers on his house in Rockland County NY within 2 days and took one that was $40,000 over his asking price of $539.000

My niece house was under contract the first weekend.  Then she lost her first 2 house choices to people that had cash 

Edited by molly361

On 4/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, loman said:

I had my first Pfizer shot this week and am scheduled to get the second in August .

I have never taken a flu shot so i was a tad reluctant to get this one. As more information became available i decided this one was probably a necessity .

If the science says we need a booster in 12 months i will get it also .

Same here.  Got my 1st Pfizer shot here in London this past week and am booked in for the 2nd shot the first week of August.  Now if so, and cruises are running again (and the border is open), we may make our mid-August cruise out of Florida.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, mafig said:

August ???

Yep, we do not have the supplies here in Canada like in the US, so they have decided to push back the 2nd dose later so more can get their 1st dose.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:12 AM, Heymarco said:

Some countries have chosen to ignore recommend timing to get first dose into all citizens faster.

Exactly.  I know a bunch of countries pushed back the 2nd dose to 3 months.  I think we Canadians are the only ones who got it pushed back to 4 months after the 1st dose.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Meanwhile, having been here for 20 years we have five biweekly payments left and  goodbye mortgage. 

Good for you Ken.  It is an awesome feeling.  We paid off our mortgage a few years ago and celebrated by taking the family on a New Year cruise and mini-vacation in San Juan with the extra money we were no longer using to pay the mortgage.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, James4me said:

I’m in no rush for the vaccine. 

Absolutely your decision....mine was easy. I got it to protect myself, loved ones and those that happen to be around me.

• Like 6

On 4/16/2021 at 6:26 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. I’ll be getting my shingles shot in about a month or so. 

FWIW, I got my first Shingrix shot on January 19, my first Pfizer on Feb 3, second Pfizer on Feb 24, and my second Shingrix shot on March 19.  My doctor and the vaccination folks recommended at least 14 days between the two types of shots.  My arm was a lot sorer from the Shingrix than it was from the Pfizer, both times.  I launched right into yard work and other arm-intensive activities right after each shot, and it seemed to help alleviate the soreness to a degree.  I also donated blood on April 6, and the COVID test they ran on it indicated "Reactive" (versus "Positive" or "Negative,") indicating the presence of antibodies.

And yup, I'll get the booster when it's available / recommended.

Edited by IRMO12HD
added info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Same here.  Got my 1st Pfizer shot here in London this past week and am booked in for the 2nd shot the first week of August.  Now if so, and cruises are running again (and the border is open), we may make our mid-August cruise out of Florida.

Yep, we do not have the supplies here in Canada like in the US, so they have decided to push back the 2nd dose later so more can get their 1st dose.

Exactly.  I know a bunch of countries pushed back the 2nd dose to 3 months.  I think we Canadians are the only ones who got it pushed back to 4 months after the 1st dose.

Good for you Ken.  It is an awesome feeling.  We paid off our mortgage a few years ago and celebrated by taking the family on a New Year cruise and mini-vacation in San Juan with the extra money we were no longer using to pay the mortgage.

there's also a difference between provinces.  I just got my 1st Pfiezer yesterday and they booked my second one 5 weeks out....

unfortunately Ontario is scary right now.

Edited by csnarpy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are an hour east of Toronto and a single family home built 50 years ago on our court listed for $899k and sold for $999k in under a week.....crazy.  You are right, if interest rates go up a lot of people will suddenly find themselves in a bad spot. Meanwhile, having been here for 20 years we have five biweekly payments left and  goodbye mortgage. 

Is that biweekly or bimonthly? I didn’t know people would pay biweekly.

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is that biweekly or bimonthly? I didn’t know people would pay biweekly.

Bi weekly, as in every two weeks as opposed to twice a month. Payments are still calculated based on 12 monthly payments but you end up making the equivalent of 13 payments so the mortgage gets paid off quicker. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, TheMastodon said:

You need some fresh air - it’s safe to be outside or on a beach.  (Kinda like what is conspiracy theorists have been saying all along) 

We have those who are afraid of the virus:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/worlds-deadliest-pandemics-by-population-impact-1030222446

And those who are afraid of Pfizer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pfizer-bextra-idUSTRE49G43220081017

7 hours ago, csnarpy said:

there's also a difference between provinces.  I just got my 1st Pfiezer yesterday and they booked my second one 5 weeks out....

unfortunately Ontario is scary right now.

Regretfully it seems as though BC isn’t far behind. If only we had vaccines. 

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Regretfully it seems as though BC isn’t far behind. If only we had vaccines. 

Canada got off to a slow start on vaccinations.  The graphic shows that we are now administering shots at a pace slightly greater than the US and decidedly so compared to the EU.  Despite our premier’s claim that he needs 300,000 doses per day, I think Ontario has probably reached a limit of being able to administer much more than 100,000 per day.  It’s not like there are hordes of people waiting in the wings to do it properly.

My wife and I get our first shot of Moderna this Thursday at Ottawa City Hall.

9CAA5224-408F-4A75-A34F-A329AE274811.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Canada got off to a slow start on vaccinations.  The graphic shows that we are now administering shots at a pace slightly greater than the US and decidedly so compared to the EU.  Despite our premier’s claim that he needs 300,000 doses per day, I think Ontario has probably reached a limit of being able to administer much more than 100,000 per day.  It’s not like there are hordes of people waiting in the wings to do it properly.

My wife and I get our first shot of Moderna this Thursday at Ottawa City Hall.

We are now on a roll in April, but much later than we all would have liked.  Per capita we might be comparable like you note but we are months behind with the variant imbedded in the country. This is not a good position at all. 

As for dose amounts I know here in London, from our PHU, vaccine clinics are operating at a third of capacity with one clinic not even open.  I doubt London is the only PHU in the province not at operating capacity.

Personally I wish we had more doses than the amount we can actually  administer.  Then the logistics of giving them would be the issue, over waiting for doses to arrive. 

• Like 2

I think this is the posting where I put my info about breakthrough cases in MN?  I read a new updated article, and felt like I should post an update.  Here, approx 1.6 million are fully vaccinated.  There are approx 561 reported breakthrough cases, mostly older people.  Of that, approx 66 were hospitalized, and 6 died.  All of the deaths were age 66-92

On 4/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, firefly333 said:

Fox local (not the natl one) said pfeizer thinks a booster shot may be needed but pfeizer has a lot of money to gain by recommending the booster. A lot more study is needed. Ha.

Agree, dont think 3rd will be likely needed unless Variants cause outbreaks with the fully Vaccinated. What a lot heard and read on topic. Looks like Vaccines are holding up so far with Variants and Fully Vaccinated 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, dont think 3rd will be likely needed unless Variants cause outbreaks with the fully Vaccinated. What a lot heard and read on topic. Looks like Vaccines are holding up so far with Variants and Fully Vaccinated 

Not sure what the big deal is about a 3rd dose.   If it's medically necessary or recommended, the vast majority of those already vaccinated will get it.

Those who won't are probably the same anti-vaxxers who refuse the get the original shots.

• Like 5