The Daily for Sunday May 09, 2021

richwmn

Just booked Koningsdam for her New Years cruise out of San Diego this year! 🙂 Looking forward to a return to cruising. It'll be different, no doubt, but we will have a great time!

Holland America Line - Koningsdam #4.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 29

Good day and thanks all!  Another great day but we won’t see lilacs for a few more weeks,  but lots of migratory birds!   Happy Mother’s Day all!   This mother is so happy DS has an appointment this week for his shot!  

F2F90616-8F47-45F4-BB61-8070BBF08FB2.jpeg

• Like 17

Roy -- please add my hubby to the care list for tomorrow -- having a total knee replacement done & he's a nervous Nelly when it comes to surgery.  D/T Covid, I can only drop him off & pick him up sometime Tuesday.  Thank you!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My alternative is Sweedish Pork Medallions with Apple Mushroom Compote and Lemon Tart with Blueberry Ice Cream as served on my Nieuw Statendam Mariner Brunch. 

https://getawaysfrom21044.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/brunch.jpg

I haven't been to a Mariner brunch in YEARS because I have always been underwhelmed with the food that is offered.  I just pick up my tile at the Guest Services desk. But -- after seeing your photo -- I'm going to give it another try!  That looks awesome!

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Roy -- please add my hubby to the care list for tomorrow -- having a total knee replacement done & he's a nervous Nelly when it comes to surgery.  D/T Covid, I can only drop him off & pick him up sometime Tuesday.  Thank you!

Sending good thoughts for your DH and for you.  Hope all goes well, and he has a speedy recovery.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Sending good thoughts his way. My dh had a total knee replacement years ago and did very well. He followed all the advice from the therapists afterwards and worked hard at the exercise. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Himself said:

Thanks for the recipe  How long should on go for medium?

About 7-8 minutes, depending on thickness of the flank steak and the heat of the fire.   Try the squeeze test.  If it is really soft, it is on the rare side.  If it is hard, it is on the well done side.   If it is in the middle, it is medium.  This might help:   https://butcherboymarket.com/know-how-articles/how-to-check-your-steaks-temperature-without-a-thermometer/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

I hope he does well.  This is one of the most frequent surgeries.   The key is to keep it iced, elevate and do the exercises.  The exercises are critical to recovery.   With my first knee I was hiking in Acadia three months later.  With the second one I was out hiking in two months.   

• Like 12

👍Thank You, Rich, for the Daily and Roy for the Care List. 📝

🌹Wishing all mothers a Happy Mother's Day!🌷

I loved all the photos posted of Porto and can tell you that is a fantastic and interesting city to explore.💗 We stayed a week and every day was a new adventure with an all day river boat cruise visiting three wineries.🍷🍷🍷 There are many day trips offered and I would encourage CC to spend more time in Portugal as a whole. There are these buses like grey hounds with WiFi on board🚌 plus an excellent train system. I feel Portugal is a 'DIY' country. 🇵🇹

🙏Prayers to all in need!🙏

Katie

FB_IMG_1620578352908.jpg

FB_IMG_1620578389061.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Good thoughts going out to your DH for his knee replacement surgery tomorrow.  All my siblings have had that surgery so I am just biding my time waiting for the day when mine will come.  The advice I've read here sounds perfect, so if he follows doctor's recommendations he will be fine.  🙏

• Like 9

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I had a total knee replacement done in January 2018. I did ALL the exercises that were given, and recovered very quickly.  I think I went back to work in about 6 weeks, with no walker or cane!

Praying for his surgery to go well, and his recovery to be quick and easy.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, 57redbird said:

May his surgeon have a blest day tomorrow and may your5 husband have a timely and complete recovery

Jane

• Like 7

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Best wishes for your DH tomorrow with his surgery.  I totally empathize with being nervous about surgery.  I had my first operation a few years ago in over 50 years and I can tell you I was one scared cat.

If it makes your DH feel better or smile - when I was going in I told the surgeon I was scared I wouldn’t wake up.  He gave me the nicest smile and said not to worry - they don’t like to do the paper work when that happens and I would wake up 😉 

Prayers for him tomorrow, seriously 🙏🏻 

• Like 12

Good evening all, I hope everyone had a great day, especially all the moms. 
I would love to be in Bermuda having a Dark n Stormy at the Hog Penny pub, maybe some day.

Looking forward to seeing our BHB tomorrow.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Very best wishes to your husband for successful surgery tomorrow and speedy recoverry.

• Like 6

Happy Mother's day to all.  As usual when we travel back to Vancouver, WA from the Oregon Coast on Sunday, I am late to checking in on the Daily.  Today we took our time coming up. Did some shopping at Costco, lunch outside at Panera bread...great corn chowder and salad for me.  Sun was shining.  Ready to start our week of being the "bus" for the grandkids.  

Loved our stop at Porto.  Would enjoy seeing more of Portugal.  Actually looking at a Viking river cruise there.  

Prayers for all who are facing surgeries and other procedures.  Thank you to all who posted great pictures, and comments.  A bright spot in my day is to check in here.  

Here's to a wonderful week ahead for you all.

• Like 11

Happy Mother’s Day!!  Thank you for the Daily Rich!!  Great collection of days.  

We’ve not been to Porto but I would love to after seeing all the pictures. When we were in Las Vegas we had a fixed meal with wine pairings that was spectacular.  For dessert we had this, which I thought was a Port wine:

6A57D96C-36A9-4A94-854D-1F9AA9CC4868.thumb.jpeg.0aba57c848e3f809f0725c2b9b7db95d.jpeg

But I just looked it up and it really is a Madeira. Are they similar?

I love lilacs!!  One of my favorite memories was the huge lilac bush behind our house in Colorado when I was young. The smell was intoxicating!

Well, it’s been a long day. Our range decided to go out. After spending a lot of time and multiple phone calls, DH still has has to call someone tomorrow. You never really realize how much you use your range!

Thank you for keeping your lists Roy!!  Praying for everyone on the list plus the new ones added today. 

See you all tomorrow!

• Like 9

Oldest has gone home. Many jobs done in preparation for workers to come early tomorrow to install a bigger heater and a larger propane tank. 
Thanks Rich and all. Love the pictures today. Just Wow. That port needs to go on my bucket list.
I’ve had a great Mother’s Day and I hope everyone else did too. 

• Like 9

The Gaia waterfront is just across the bridge from Porto. 🍷That's were you can do the wine and port tastings...you just walk around taste on your own...no need for a tour. 👍There's a cable car for great views. 

Katie

0_20190710_072345.jpg

• Like 11