Does anyone prefer interior cabins?

7 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Speak for yourself. I actually do, and I don’t need to explain to you or anyone else why I don’t like balconies. 

While some of us may disagree on the "joys" of an inside cabin...some of us also respect anyone that chooses them, regardless of the reason. No explanation or justification necessary.

Of course the same holds true as well for other cabin choices. That's probably why they call them choices.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

While some of us may disagree on the "joys" of an inside cabin...some of us also respect anyone that chooses them, regardless of the reason. No explanation or justification necessary.

Of course the same holds true as well for other cabin choices. That's probably why they call them choices.

You are absolutely right. I just didn’t appreciate the comment that nobody prefers or chooses an inside, they settle. But, then again, I should consider the source that made that statement. 😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, spunks said:

Inside cabins have the bed going perpendicular to the ship axis. Balconies run with the bed parallel to the ship axis. If it gets a little rough, we roll out of bed in balcony where we are "rocked to sleep" in inside cabins.....With a balcony you can never shut the light out completely from the slider.

yes nice to see someone else liking to rock to sleep sideways vs head to toe.  and the beds are far away from the hall way door as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Nobody prefers or wants an inside cabin.

They just settle for one....

I choose to sail in a inside cabin 8 times a year as opposed to 4 times a year in a balcony.  But thanks for enlightening me.  All this time I thought it was my choice.😏

Edited by Pineapple Princess
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We prefer Inside Cabins.  Mostly on the price. 
We have sailed:

6 interior

1 balcony   (Alaska cruise)

1 Ocean View (our first)

We currently have 2 booked:

1 Interior

1 Ocean View (Panama Canal Transit, 16 days)

35 minutes ago, Pineapple Princess said:

I choose to sail in a inside cabin 8 times a year as opposed to 4 times a year in a balcony.  But thanks for enlightening me.  All this time I thought it was my choice.😏

I sounds like if you had a real choice you would not cruise in an interior.  If money were no object, would you still chose to cruise in an interior?

• Like 1

We also had a Virtual Balcony on one cruise (on Explorer of the Seas).  I wouldn't say I preferred it, but it was a very good deal and we loved how we could see outside.  You can even set the screen to come on slowly in the morning to give you the impression of the sun coming out and the world lighting up.

Interior cabins are easier on the budget, but if we can afford it, we would opt for a balcony every time since it's so nice to be able to have the semi-private outside space.  I know people say we're not supposed to spend that much time in our cabin, but with a balcony we can be outside, but still be inside.  This is especially true in the time of COVID where we may not want to be around a lot of other people by a pool or in the hallways, but still want to be out looking at the sea.

21 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I sounds like if you had a real choice you would not cruise in an interior.  If money were no object, would you still chose to cruise in an interior?

Choosing to sail 8 times in an inside cabin over 4 times in a balcony isnt a "real choice"?      What exactly is it then?  

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ryano said:

Choosing to sail 8 times in an inside cabin over 4 times in a balcony isnt a "real choice"?      What exactly is it then?  

Just say yes, you know what he was asking.  

Or would you actually pay the same or more for an inside cabin than for a balcony?

40 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

If money was no object I sure as heck wouldn't be sailing on any cruise ship with the plebeians who sail on Cruise ships, yuck!🤢

I'd be on my own yacht  in my inside cabin, my baloney cabin and my grand suite. One for a nap, one for a snooze, and one for entertaining my non plebeian guests, Tina, and her sister Bambi, and her other sister Bambi.  😁

Edited by DirtyDawg

21 minutes ago, ryano said:

It's a condition.  They want to cruise 8 times.  They can afford to do so in a interior only.  If anything it's a false choice imposed upon them.  A real choice would be choosing to cruise in an interior when the financial restriction is removed.

22 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

The last cruise we took was port intensive (only one sea day) and we barely used our balcony so we could have easily done without and saved quite a bit of money.  Our next cruise (after the one in November) will have a balcony, and an upgraded one at that, because we'll have five sea days and will definitely get to use the balcony.

@2Long2NxtCrz - I never remember when choosing a room to remember to think about the port days, where you probably wont use the balcony. 

Im booking a cruise to Denmark/Norway/Sweden next year and was trying to decide between outside and balcony.  There is only 1 sea day.  

You just helped me decide - Thank you!

45 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I sounds like if you had a real choice you would not cruise in an interior.  If money were no object, would you still chose to cruise 

Now that you have ask, of course not.  As a lot of my other choices would also change.  I don't think you and I are talking inside cabins any longer.  And wishing not to debate someone via a keyboard, I wish you a pleasant day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

A wise man once told us....If you can't afford taking an enjoyable trip - it's likely not worth it at any price.

A balcony is not a splurge for most folks, which is why there are so many on the mid to larger cruise ships - it's an expectation.

You must have a very narrow group you surround yourself with if you don't think balconies are a splurge for most folks. Cruise lines adding more balconies is no indication whether a balcony is a splurge for someone or not. 

4 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

I would rather do the 4 than settle.....

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

@2Long2NxtCrz - I never remember when choosing a room to remember to think about the port days, where you probably wont use the balcony. 

Im booking a cruise to Denmark/Norway/Sweden next year and was trying to decide between outside and balcony.  There is only 1 sea day.  

You just helped me decide - Thank you!

Good points.  Some people seem to assume that every cruise is Caribbean/tropical.  Cruises in Europe and Asia are much more port focused.  Sometimes so much so that the ship becomes just a glorified ferry.  This is actually the type of cruising we prefer.  We are focused on the ports but enjoy coming back "home" at night for a relaxing dinner and entertainment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it is good to understand that everyone has different priories and spends money differently.  This can even apply to the same person on two different cruises.  Just because you can afford something does not mean it is good value for money.  It's a bit like the cars you buy.  To us a car is just useful transportation.  We are not "into" cars because we don't particularly enjoy them.  If you do, that's great, knock yourself out:)  On the other hand we are very much "into" having a beautiful home.  Spending money on things you genuinely enjoy is sensible.  Spending money on things that have little or no value to you or just serve to impress others is silly.   Live your own life and spend on the things that give you genuine pleasure.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cigar King said:

It's a condition.  They want to cruise 8 times.  They can afford to do so in a interior only.  If anything it's a false choice imposed upon them.  A real choice would be choosing to cruise in an interior when the financial restriction is removed.

we have twice been offered a free cruise in a balcony and both times we chose to be in an inside cabin. I stated my reasons on the last page. I could care less whether you believe me. We will always choose our own inside with no upgrade.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smplybcause said:

You must have a very narrow group you surround yourself with if you don't think balconies are a splurge for most folks. Cruise lines adding more balconies is no indication whether a balcony is a splurge for someone or not. 

Apparently supply and demand is a new concept for some folks.

A suite may be a "splurge" on one of today's cruise ships, but a balcony....one of the most common cabin types....uh...no.

12 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I would rather do the 4 than settle.....

Got to agree with you here . I wouldnt settle for a cruise in an inside either . 

I dont sleep in a vault at home so when i pull the curtains closed in a balcony cabin it gets dark enough for me. And when i close my eyes it get even darker.🙂

• Like 1