In Hospital--Prayers Needed

atexsix

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

I was diagnosed with a rare condition called sialadenitis in which salivary glands in the neck swell and become infected for reasons unknown.  I'm now on some super powerful antibiotics that would put horse pills to shame.  They'll have to go in and biopsy if the meds don't work but at least we know what we're dealing with and I should gradually begin to feel better.

Glad you’re home. Hope the meds work. 🙂🙏

• Like 2

9 hours ago, atexsix said:

Greetings.

First of all, thanks for your prayers and well wishes, I'm truly grateful for that. I'm home now, recuperating, and ever so slowly getting my strength back, amazing how it doesn't take much.

I was diagnosed with a rare condition called sialadenitis in which salivary glands in the neck swell and become infected for reasons unknown.  I'm now on some super powerful antibiotics that would put horse pills to shame.  They'll have to go in and biopsy if the meds don't work but at least we know what we're dealing with and I should gradually begin to feel better.

Kudos to my doctors and care team on something that could easily be overlooked or mistaken for something else.  At least it wasn't viral in nature and at no time was I spreading illness or acquiring it from someone else.  I just know I was miserable for much of the cruise and it'll be a bit before I can review it.

I hope all my cruise critic friends are doing well and I will see you in the daily.

Bruno

Bruno,

I am glad they found out what it is.

I first had sialindis when I was 9 yrs old and felt pretty crappy.  I was in the hospital for 6 days.  Dr told my parents it was rare and it should not happen again.

when I was in my 30’s had the same thing 3 times. In my 40’s I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Sjögren’s syndrome.  All my lab work was consistent with Sjogrens so the doctor did not make me go through the biopsy.

I am glad you had good doctors to figure everything out.

Glad you are home and feeling better.

• Thanks 1

Bruno, so glad they diagnosed you and you're being treated.  Now I know why you made that comment, after only 5 days, that you were ready to get off the ship.  The Lido buffet pie awaits you on your next cruise--something to look forward to.  You'll be well soon, I just know it.  More prayers coming your way.

Bruno, I've enjoyed reading your comments on CC and am sorry it hampered your experience on the cruise. I'm glad you have a diagnosis and hope it resolves quickly. I'm a retired dental hygienist and know all too well how any oral problems can make one miserable. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.