Another which cruise would you pick thread...

PrincessArlena'sDad

Interesting question.  My Ideal Carnival itinerary would have to start with the most important factor for me: homeport - Baltimore.  And be on a Spirit Class ship (no problem, there, since that's what sails out of Baltimore).  And would be 10 days long (I like to go longer than that, but feel like I'm asking too much of my housesitter/petsitter/babysitter for those longer sailings, so don't do them often).  I definitely would want one of the ports of call to be in the Bahamas (I LOVE the Bahamas and would want to get my Bahamian "fix"), most likely Freeport, but for a much longer time in port than Carnival generally stops.  The Baltimore sailings only stop there from 7:00AM to 1:30PM, not nearly long enough to get out and see and experience as much as we would like to on Grand Bahama.  I'd say 9 hours in Freeport would be nice.  For that matter, I want at least 8 hours in every port of call.  As for other ports, I'd like to go back to Tortola,  Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and I always love Grand Turk.  There are other ports I love and many to which I have not been, but those are a few that float to the top of my list.  like your imaginary itinerary, havanadaydreaming, mine isn't really possible to get to those particular ports in that amount of time from that homeport, but hey, we're daydreaming, here, right?😁

So, to sum up:

Carnival Legend, Baltimore-to-Baltimore, 10-Day Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean with port stops:

• Freeport (for at least 9 hours)
  • Puerto Rico
  • Tortola, BVI
  • Grand Turk
  • St Maarten

With at least 8 hours in each port of call.  Thanks, this was fun.😁

ETA:  If I'm really playing make-believe and the housesitter weren't an issue, my ideal length of the cruise would be about 15 days.

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 3

Mardi Gras- 9 days. southern Caribbean to include St Kitts and ABC islands. 

Need 9 days on Mardi Gras to eat all food offerings. 

Or perhaps turn this into B2B with second sailing to eastern with St Maarten, P.R., and add Antigua. 

I know these don't exist but, why not?

One day a journeys.

Also, Alaska and Panama Canal on the bucket list 

• Like 4

If we're talking Caribbean, I'd love to do the ABC islands, along with Barbados! I wonder why Carnival isn't stopping there anymore? It was one of our favorite ports of call. If we aren't limited to the Caribbean, I'd go back to the Mediterranean in a heartbeat, with Italian and Greek ports of call.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

If we're talking Caribbean, I'd love to do the ABC islands, along with Barbados! I wonder why Carnival isn't stopping there anymore? It was one of our favorite ports of call. If we aren't limited to the Caribbean, I'd go back to the Mediterranean in a heartbeat, with Italian and Greek ports of call.

I don't take it that we're limited to the Caribbean.  Although this is havanadaydreaming's game, unless he says otherwise, I'm guessing we could choose from any existing ports of call.

This is a fun question.  Based on the places I've visited so far, mine would be to the ABC islands and Grand Turk.  I'll throw in Half Moon Cay too, even though I haven't been there (yet).  I love a good beach day.  It would be on an Excel class ship so I can enjoy all the new food and drink options and ideally it would depart from Savannah since that's only a 4 hour drive for me.  But if we're going to limit it to departure ports that actually exist, then it would leave from Charleston.  And it would be at least a 10 day cruise.  Totally unfeasible, but it's fun to dream. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

People play Fantasy Football so why not Fantasy Cruising?

Leaving Charleston

Day 1: Day at Sea

Day 2: HMC

Day 3: Day at Sea

Day 4: St Thomas

Day 5: St Lucia

Day 6: St Martin

Day 7: Day at Sea

Day 8: HMC (I know, it's a fantasy)

Day 9: Day at Sea

Day 10: Back in Charleston

Fun topic OP!  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

This is a fun question.  Based on the places I've visited so far, mine would be to the ABC islands and Grand Turk.  I'll throw in Half Moon Cay too, even though I haven't been there (yet).  I love a good beach day.  It would be on an Excel class ship so I can enjoy all the new food and drink options and ideally it would depart from Savannah since that's only a 4 hour drive for me.  But if we're going to limit it to departure ports that actually exist, then it would leave from Charleston.  And it would be at least a 10 day cruise.  Totally unfeasible, but it's fun to dream. 🙂 

Gotta go to HMC!  If you love a good beach day, this is it!

• Like 5

I don’t have an ideal itinerary necessarily. I do prefer at least 7 days. We have been at least trying to book with a trip that goes one new place we’ve never been.  What I would really like to see is carnival change things up with their itineraries and have a little more variety besides the same ports over and over. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

NEW  California coastal cruise

DAY 1- LONG BEACH

DAY 2 SEA DAY

DAY 3 SAN FRANCISCO

DAY 4 SEA DAY

DAY 5 CATALINA ISLAND or SANTA BARBARA

DAY 6 ENSENADA, MEXICO

DAY 7 LONG BEACH

Interesting.  I did a Princess Cali Coastal with those ports (plus San Diego) from San Pedro/Los Angeles in April.  I agree it would be nice to have Carnival's spin on it, but I understand why they don't want to encroach too much on Captain Stubing's territory.  

I've done several of the Carnival itineraries of my dreams.  I've done San Juan round trip to the Eastern Caribbean multiple times, I've done Hawaii from Vancouver, I've done the Eastern Caribbean from Miami round trip, and I've visited the ABC Islands (though not all three in the same trip)

Let's design a B2B A/B Eastern Caribbean run:

Cruise 1 -> San Juan, St. Thomas, at sea, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Sint Maarten, San Juan

Cruise 2 -> San Juan, St. Croix, at sea, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, Sint Maarten, San Juan

Or if I'm really dreaming, how about a Caribbean sampler? Start it from Miami and go to every port with a dock (and a few that don't, like HMC), starting with Nassau, heading east, then south, then west, then north, then back to Miami.  I'm too lazy to spell out all the ports (sorry), but it could weigh in at somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

if you could set an "imaginary" CCL itinerary what would you select?  

I know I am in the serious minority, but for me it is 

Sea Day

Sea Day

Sea day

Cozumel

Sea Day 

Sea Day 

Sea Day

I love the transatlantic cruises for this reason. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1