The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday November 27th, 2022

richwmn

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was thinking the same thing but I think Volendam still has the old TV's which may not have those interactive features.  I hope Naki Ataman's appearance at the coffee chat was due to his availability and not an issue with the Doctor.

Roy

On P&O there are pictures of the Captain and his main officers hanging on the wall and another picture hanging up of crew who have been nominated by passengers for their excellence in customer service.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Cat Shepard, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

Hard to believe we are home for one week since our five week trip to Europe! At the start it seemed daunting - but is now pleasant memories. Cudos to @kazu for the work on the Oosterdam M&G activities, and happy to meet all the Dailyites onboard. I had a high school classmate comment on one of my FB posts adnmiring our stamina. Sixteen trains, three airplanes, two buses, two cruise ships, and six hotels over 35 days. But we have agreed that this was slightly pushing our limit. I had thought that 3-4 days in one location with minimal single nights in hotels would work and it did. Next extended trip we will probably limit ourselves to one-two locales with day trips. And of course a cruise or two!

Take-aways include: a transatlantic WB is very enjoyable and will be included again; HAL is still delivering a very good product; the crew on Oosterdam was one of the best; the MSC Yacht Club was fantastic; the Italian train system is very reliable and comfortable; and plan, plan,  plan! We only had one slight snag which was a service interruption with a bus substitute for a train. I learned that there is a difference with "Veloce per favore" compared to "Rapido! Rapido!" 

It was our second time cruising wuth Captain Kevin Beirnaert. The first was when he was the Staff Captain on the Nieuw Statendam in 2019. Very happy to see him in command of his own ship and he is quite the showman as well! The "Cook Off" between "Captain Kevin" and the Hotel Director was very entertaining. His dish was actually quite tasty as it was offered in the MDR the following evening and I had it for my Main.

Sue received her Bronze Medallion as well as making Four Star on the cruise. I had to wait to get home but also made Four Star this week. Looking forward to free laundry as we have booked the HAL 25-day Sydney to Vancouver cruise in April 2024! 

Sam seemed to had given up on us returning, until we came home. A little bit of upset with not eating on Monday but now back to normal. But he now has a routine of sharing us with DSIL.

So 56 days until a short cruise from Baltimore on CCL to the Bahamas. Treating DSIL for her watching Sam. Thankfully it only requires a 3-1/2 hour drive with no flying involved. We took advantage of the MSC Black Friday sale yesterday to refare our September British Isles cruise and actually saved $1K. I was sceptical but Sue did the legwork. MSC does not have a system with a PCC so it is luck of the draw for talking to a rep. We had a really great rep to work with as it required cancelling our existing booking, leaving our two connecting staterooms in limbo, and then recapturing them to rebook. It also was only allowing for a 5% Voyager discount when it should have given us 10%. The rep persevered and we got it! DSIL is joining us for that cruise as well.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Could you post a picture of Ryan, your cruise director?  We had an on location/port lecturer on the Zaandam, Ryan, from Buenos Aires back to San Diego in 2016 who was excellent.  

Was that by chance Ryan Baird.  Funny thing at least for me about him.  In the course of less than a month he was both the worst and the best location guide I experienced.  This was one of my crazy strings of cruises starting with a 2017 Caribbean cruise on the Koningsdam.  While people try to be professional the human factor does come into the equation.  On the Caribbean his presentations seemed uninspired a I felt like he was just going through the motions.  He had told us he was leaving in Aruba to join another ship.  About 3 weeks later I was on the Zaandam Buenos Aires to San Diego.  When I stepped off the ship at our first port there was Ryan and in that region he was fantastic with both fabulous information on the ports plus the geology of the ring of fire and everything else in the region.  Awesome!

Sandi, if this is the guy (I think it is) I strongly recommend his talks.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Some have probably begun decorating for Christmas, so I'll share the tree at the Corning Museum of Glass. It's made of 1000 glass ornaments, blown in the Museum's studio. The photo is by John Kucko and since he posted it on social media I think that reposting it here is allowed.

214267110_CMOGtree.thumb.jpg.0275d11bb07563fa5b7d573c713b9d60.jpg

I decorate, only a bit, for Hanukkah, but it will be another week before I do, because I'm lending some of the decorations for a street fair on Saturday night.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

I'm a little late today (even for West Coast time).  It took me awhile to read through 3 pages and to gather my photos of Limassol.  

The meal sounds very good today, I'll have to see what I have on hand.  Will pass on the wine and drink though.  I'd much rather have pie in my mouth/stomach than my face, love all cream pies, and DD had a pet turtle when she was in high school.  One day after having him for years she had him (Bill) in the back yard and lost him....(!)  We never did find out what happened to him, our yard is small, fenced,  and no dogs or cats to get him...

Yesterday DH and I got our flu shots, and for the first time I had no after-effects not even a sore arm.  

We had a freakish storm come through that woke me up at 2am -- pounding rain that sounded like hail but wasn't, and thunder and lightening.  Of course I started worrying about those trees in the greenbelt behind us (like the one that came down on my next door neighbor's house) and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple hours.

And here's a question for any of our techie posters here.  My iphone 12 mini just within the last couple days is giving me trouble.  Often it won't load when I'm on CC, FB, etc.  If I turn the phone off and back on it seems to work ok until it goes to sleep, and then it starts all over again.  I think DH is going to take it over to TMobile today, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had the problem.  It was working fine a couple days ago.

Debbie @dfishI'm sorry about the fireplace trouble!  Seems like buying a different house usually comes with a few unwelcome surprises. 😞  

Vanessa @JazzyVI'm so sorry to hear that your BFF's Dad isn't doing any better.  Prayers that he can be made comfortable and hugs to you and your BFF.

We were in Limassol on an overnight a year ago on the Eurodam.  We took two different half-day tours and loved it.  As usual what we chose was different from what Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserhas already posted (great photos, thank you).  

The first thing I noticed about Cyprus is how dry it is.  We learned that they have 340 days of sun.  The second thing I noticed (of course) was the number of friendly cats 🙂  We learned that years ago they brought in lots and lots of cats to take care of their snake problem.  

The first day we took a tour to the Kourion Theater, the Temple of Apollo, Omodos Village,  Eustolios House and we visited a winery.  

Kourion Theater with its beautiful views

1145382852_KourionTheater.jpg.050646797499944c77ecd4c330fb08ac.jpg

Approaching the Temple of Apollo

344403721_nearTempleofApollo.jpg.0ddeb9ab6487c1697c414c71bf813222.jpg

The Temple of Apollo

1734137351_TempleofApollo.thumb.jpg.58ac2af1cb6a506438a99cee896f37d9.jpg

An ancient water pipe near the temple

1957902784_ancientwaterpipeTempleofApollo.thumb.jpg.66740f8b5c02a2088ee4e22d8ea7fb90.jpg

This cat was extremely friendly and sooo cute.

790892343_Cypruskitty.thumb.jpg.04043b9996cc723a9e1e79b7b0a6f04e.jpg

Waiting for a belly rub.

1003882856_waitingforbellyrub.jpg.f878979152ffa26e683e632b56d8cba7.jpg

A few scenes in the village of Omodos.

Omodos.thumb.jpg.e3ffc014e956630ea69202756d3d2508.jpg

114662495_shopinOmodos.jpg.59cb06597bdc3725248b8ca4d79aa7fc.jpg

1383037243_windingstreets.jpg.9dcaf90ae3b6fb8814771f541b42adf5.jpg

And views from the winery 

1577494192_viewfromwinery.jpg.43e75aeec1b7e334ebe89dbf412cacd6.jpg

This is supposed to be the birthplace of Aphrodite.  She was born out of the foam and carried by the sea to Pafos.

1838140813_ThebirthplaceofAphrodite.ShewasbornoutofthefoamandcarriedbytheseatoPafos..jpg.f4e78011785c6bdaeb3f1e7d994744a2.jpg

We visited the Eustolios House from the early Roman period.

1420576482_EustoliosHouse.jpg.a70e0fadde7d720d0ba8683e71ad3658.jpg

1564105204_mosaicsinEustoliosHouse.jpg.2eb05afbf13531f6fddc8c0e8e08e7ea.jpg

The 2nd day we went to Pafos, the Tombs of the Kings, and the Mosaics of Dionysos.

Overhead view of the Tombs of the Kings.

311469489_overheadviewofsomeoftheTombsoftheKings.thumb.jpg.c2e8a9d799f23b70bd75f357f38091f3.jpg

And we went down into the tombs

1258923678_downinthetombs.jpg.960f2d7f8950ae2de8c728fc8e3c450c.jpg

And the mosaics of Dionysos

1763169148_mosaicsinHouseofDionysos2.jpg.b94a6ad130940d08ee9fb0e3fef4a479.jpg

3 panels of hunting scenes

694272099_3panelsofhuntingscenes.thumb.jpg.55fa8424ba17db6eb53f2a11645a9684.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

28 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

iphone 12 mini just within the last couple days is giving me trouble.  Often it won't load when I'm on CC, FB, etc.  If I turn the phone off and back on it seems to work ok until it goes to sleep, and then it starts all over again.  

Some things you should check if you are having problems.  You can Google how to do any of these suggestions.

1. Have you closed all the apps running in the background?

2. When you say “turn the phone off” are you doing a forced restart to reboot the device?

3. Have you installed the most recent update?

4. Have you tried  clearing history and website data?

4. Do you have enough storage on your device?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.  DH was sitting up after an hour group PT when I got here.  He won a cute little ornament that is the right size for our little tree.  When he was ready to get back in bed, he managed by himself with me there to spot him.  That is such a big improvement from a week ago. 

They keep the rooms in rehab on the cool side, but do provide a lot of blankets.  Right now, I'm enjoying sitting by the window relaxing in the sunlight coming through the windows.  The best part is I do not see a single cloud.  🙂 👏 🌞

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Seeing all the nasty discussion in the other thread about water being turned off on Koningsdam in the wee hours of the night and certain people up in arms about it, I've decided I'll post my update here instead!

We have a notice at our door that states they will conduct a potable water shutdown in our section for three hours between 1 pm and 4 pm today.  That's not the middle of the night when most of us are asleep, so I can just see the uproar this would cause for some people, but we are adjusting just fine to the news.  Shower beforehand.  Use your HIA and order water or wine or cocktails!   We will live through it - somehow...😁

We've always recieved notices regarding water cutoffs and maintenance on BHBs.  Generally, the water is back on in less time than planned.  I think they predict extra time in case of unexpected problems.  

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm glad to see you are taking this better than the other thread..

That thread just went from bad to worse and seems like it's the same complainers.

I was about to make me a bowl of popcorn to watch the show.. jeez

Joy, I like the popcorn idea.  I try to avoid those threads, and lately that's been easy since I have not had as much time ton ead more than the Fleet/Daily.

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. It’s going to be 58 degrees , but raining today. This is day 3 since I was exposed to my grandson and covid and too early for me to test. This is not a good week for me to have to isolate . I had plans tonight, and two doctor appointments and my book club, but I don’t want to expose anyone. I’ve been told if ingest negative band wear an N95 mask I’m ok and so is everyone else, but I don’t think it’s fair till I know my status. Unfortunately, I’ve been advised by my infectious disease MD not to take the boosters because they are no longer giving J and J and I am allergic to the ingredients in the other vaccines so I’m hoping for the best. I’ve ordered any supplies and food I think I’ll need and now will buckle down to read and watch TV. My grandson is doing OK, but can’t fly back to LA today as he had hoped.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I'm sending postive thoughts and good wishes that you remain covid free.  I'm sorry you're missing several activities and appointments, but I think you are wise to avoid exposing people unnecessarily.  Glad your grandson is better, and it's good he's waiting to fly back to LA.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We are recovering  from a very full house but a marvelous  few days.My family makes fun of me but I  always cry when they arrive and when they leave.I remember my mom being the same way.The time together has always been special but the last almost three years have made it even more so.

Thanks Debbie for the recipes @dfish.I may make that tonight as we are all tired of leftovers.

On Friday we went to the City and the Natural History  Museum. My grandchildren are reaching that age where we embarass them and reluctantly  posed in front of the elephant.

Terry, I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.  I always cry when our kids leave after a visit.  Cute picture of the DGCs, even if I managed to delete it here.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lucky for you I surreptitiously took a photo from the front row in the World Stage this morning of Ryan and Naki Ataman. I don’t know Ryan’s last name and HAL doesn’t advertise the staff’s full names much like Princess does.  Taken from my IPhone and no editing done to the photo so excuse my photography. 

0514AF1C-E7EE-4238-BC0F-C05FA0AB8957.thumb.jpeg.ad0771648614f05848b2b341bfab5041.jpeg

Sandi, I appreciate the photo of Naki.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report.

I won't waste pie hitting anyone in the face. I think I had Bavarian cream pie while in Germany. Turtle adoption is good. I like the quote.

I like the meal, the drink is a favorite, and I like the wine.

I haven't been to Limassol.

It's rainy here right now, but on the warm side. It was a rough night. I got a call that we needed to go into the hospital to see BFF's Dad around 11:30. I got home around 2AM, and am heading back there shortly. He's not doing well and some tough decisions need to be made. We thought tomorrow, but BFF just called and I think we're going to comfort measures this afternoon. He actually included me in his living will as one of the decision makers. I don't know if he'll last the day. Of course, BFF is distraught, but doesn't want him to suffer.

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon today.

@richwmn Thanks for the info on the drink.

@kazu Great memes.

@seagarsmoker I'm glad you're feeling better, and hopefully no rebound.

@Lady Hudson Good to hear DH was able to eat some turkey and stuffing. I hope the upcoming dental work goes well.

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear about the water leak at DD's house.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos. 

@Cruzin Terri I really like the furniture you picked out. Can you tell me the brand? I need new furniture for my music room.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, I couldn't like your post, but thank you for the update on BFF's DF.  I wish the news was better, but I admire BFF for putting DF's comfort first.  He is lucky to have you for support and comfort.  Wishing both of you the best during this difficult time.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

On P&O there are pictures of the Captain and his main officers hanging on the wall and another picture hanging up of crew who have been nominated by passengers for their excellence in customer service.

Graham.

Pictures of the Captain and the top officers, plus the employee of the month were always displayed on HAL's R and S class shps and on the Prinsendam.  They are on the interactive tvs on the other ships.

3 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Some have probably begun decorating for Christmas, so I'll share the tree at the Corning Museum of Glass. It's made of 1000 glass ornaments, blown in the Museum's studio. The photo is by John Kucko and since he posted it on social media I think that reposting it here is allowed.

214267110_CMOGtree.thumb.jpg.0275d11bb07563fa5b7d573c713b9d60.jpg

I decorate, only a bit, for Hanukkah, but it will be another week before I do, because I'm lending some of the decorations for a street fair on Saturday night.

That is a stunning tree with all the glass ornaments.  I've always liked the decorative pieces Corning made.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

It's rainy here right now, but on the warm side. It was a rough night. I got a call that we needed to go into the hospital to see BFF's Dad around 11:30. I got home around 2AM, and am heading back there shortly. He's not doing well and some tough decisions need to be made. We thought tomorrow, but BFF just called and I think we're going to comfort measures this afternoon. He actually included me in his living will as one of the decision makers. I don't know if he'll last the day. Of course, BFF is distraught, but doesn't want him to suffer.

Oh, Vanessa, that is such a difficult decision to have to make.  We had to do that for our dad.  The nurses said they'd call us if he got worse that day and we said we were staying with him.   I think that helps the patient and the family.  One of the greatest gifts I have had is being with both my mom and dad when they passed.  I hope you get the same great support from the staff that we got when we were there with dad.   Hugs.

On the good news front:   We fixed the fireplace.  The pilot had gone out and we figured out how to relight it.  It didn't work anything like the ones in the YouTube videos.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never had a pie in the face, but DH has; I'm pretty sure I've never had a Bavarian cream pie, and those who adopt turtles as endangered species are wonderful people.  

I'm seriously late to the party today - the family left a couple of hours ago for their long trip back to Calgary in the new vehicle.  Prayers accompany them that all goes well.  Before they left however, we had to have breakfast, so out came the bacon, eggs, toast, condiments, juices, fresh fruit, etc.  Everyone ate well, so at least the travelers won't have to stop too soon for nourishment; they may stop to let the boys run off some excess energy, but won't need food.  Like @smitty34877, I'm a teary person when it comes to goodbyes, so as I was blubbering my farewells, the little guy (almost 3) said "Grandma, you come wif us."  I think if he'd have asked twice, I might have!  LOL

The house is pretty much back in order - sheets are in the laundry, the dishwasher is humming right along, and although the house still smells of frying bacon, it's a good smell with memories attached to the giggles and laughter that occurred around the table.   Now I'm going to focus on getting ready for Christmas and our next cruise in January.  We aren't going to put up a tree again this year, as we'll be heading to Calgary, and right after Christmas will be coming home only to turn around to head to Florida for our cruise, so it doesn't make sense.  I'll bring out a few small Christmas ornaments (like a ceramic Christmas tree and some plush stockings) to help make the house look a little festive, but that's about all.  

@JazzyVI'm saddened to hear about your BFF's DF, and do hope what little time he has left will be comfortable, and that he has a peaceful transition.  You are a gem to help out at a time like this; it isn't easy.

I'd like today's menu suggestion, but even after sending a big batch of porcupine balls with the family to Calgary, we still have enough leftovers that we'll be enjoying them again tonight.  I'm going to make potato patties out of the mashed potatoes and will serve them with green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who have sadness or hurt in their lives, cheers to everyone with something to celebrate.  Stay safe, be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 26

Well, I really feel like part of the Daily family now!! My dishwasher gave up the ghost yesterday. I put a load of dishes in around lunchtime, and noticed a rotten, almost burning, smell a while later. When I opened it to take out the clean dishes it really smelled bad!  Since we're a family of 4 adults, and I haven't lived without a dishwasher in my life, my DS went online and ordered one from Best Buy before dinner! It is scheduled to be delivered and installed on Friday.  Hoping that they keep to their schedule!

Thanks for the wonderful updates...I come here first thing in the morning, then around lunchtime, and again in the afternoon, and then one more time before bed!  I would love to cruise with all of you on a BHB in the future!!

Take care,

Laura

• Like 23

31 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Some things you should check if you are having problems.  You can Google how to do any of these suggestions.

2. When you say “turn the phone off” are you doing a forced restart to reboot the device?

Thanks!  

1.  Will check on that

2.  Yes, forced restart to reboot.

3.  DH thought of that too and it's now installing most recent update.  It aggravates me because it supposedly is on "automatic" for updates but he said there's one that has been there for a few weeks.  I don't even get notifications anymore like I did in the past, so I forget....anyway hoping that will take care of it.

4. Will do that too.

5.  Definitely have enough storage.

Again, thank you!

• Like 17

Good morning and thanks all!  A big thanks for the photos of Cyprus @Quartzsite Cruiserand @Cruising-along   Hope to get there next year, fingers crossed.   I really liked those mosaics! 

Well sad to say Croatia beat Canada,  but my Croatian dentist will be happy😉. He has given me great advice about Croatia, so I’ll forgive him, lol! 

Prefer my turtles wild and free

CED293B4-11BF-4444-BFF0-F7DBEFADDCEC.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

The update seems to have taken care of it. 🙂  Much better now.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I was late to the Fleet Report and Daily today.  Up early to see Nieuw Amsterdam arrive but one of the things I have tried to do for environmental stewardship is leave my car parked one day each week.  That's usually Sunday because I need the car most other days but can either worship online or get to the church by bus.  Today was supposed to be rain all day and I doubted if I could get my walking in.  The early reports were that the rain would hold off until at least 8, so I did my walking as soon as it was light enough and it worked well but I didn't finish walking until about 8:30.  The walk also took me to the local grocery store so now I'm hunkered down for the day although the rain doesn't seem quite as bad as predicted.

@JazzyV so sorry about BFF's dad but he is lucky to have such a supportive family.

Roy

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I've always liked the decorative pieces Corning made.

Corning, known as the “Crystal City,” has made Country Living’s list of 55 bucket list-worthy Christmas towns — communities the magazine lauded for being filled with Hallmark Christmas movie magic. The Southern Tier city made the list alongside North Pole, Alaska and bustling New York City.

Country Living recognized Corning, home of Corning Glass, for glittering — quite literally — during the holiday season.

The city starts off a month’s worth of festivities with its Parade of Lights, which lights up the chilly night with floats and vehicles dressed up in twinkling lights. It continues with Sparkle, a festival that features horse-drawn carriage rides, community sing-alongs and visits to Santa in a life-sized snow globe.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/things-to-do/2021/11/hallmark-movie-worthy-city-in-upstate-new-york-named-among-best-christmas-towns-in-nation.html

My organization will have a stand at Sparkle, with Hanukkah decorations (although Hanukkah doesn't begin until the 18th), free donut holes and dreidels, etc.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from my last Crystal Symphony cruise, a November 2019 Caribbean cruise at the end of a long group of river and ocean cruises.  November 27 was a sea day from Grand Turk to Grand Cayman:

dawn1127.jpg

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Was that by chance Ryan Baird.  Funny thing at least for me about him.  In the course of less than a month he was both the worst and the best location guide I experienced.  This was one of my crazy strings of cruises starting with a 2017 Caribbean cruise on the Koningsdam.  While people try to be professional the human factor does come into the equation.  On the Caribbean his presentations seemed uninspired a I felt like he was just going through the motions.  He had told us he was leaving in Aruba to join another ship.  About 3 weeks later I was on the Zaandam Buenos Aires to San Diego.  When I stepped off the ship at our first port there was Ryan and in that region he was fantastic with both fabulous information on the ports plus the geology of the ring of fire and everything else in the region.  Awesome!

Sandi, if this is the guy (I think it is) I strongly recommend his talks.

Roy

Yes!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thoughts and best wishes to all, and hope all our American friends down South had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

So all my research into HAL and discovering this thread has made me feel very cruisy  (if that's not a word it is now).  Took the family out for Sunday Brunch because I miss a fancy breakfast. Went to a nice little restaurant in a boutique hotel, and had probably the second best bennies ever.  Surf and turf bennies, with a layer of Lobster and Wagu.  The only better one was on our 3rd date over 35 years ago, mountain top in July with snow all around, but think the young love thing had a lot to do with that.

• Like 17

@dfish I know you probably don't want the extra cost, but in the last two houses I bought, the fireplaces failed inspection.   I ended up having wood burning stoves installed instead, and I am ever so glad I did.  You don't suffer from the draft problem, and in the smaller house the stove heated the whole house.  In the current house (a ranch) it heats the den, the kitchen the dining room /living room combo.

If we lose power in the winter, I can cook on it, I can heat with it, it helps light the room up, it more than paid for itself the first year I had it.  I do however now need to find a chimney sweep who can come and clean out the pipes because no one has done it since 2005.

@JazzyVMay God and his angels hold you and your BFF close in his arms right now.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  DH was sitting up after an hour group PT when I got here.  He won a cute little ornament that is the right size for our little tree.  When he was ready to get back in bed, he managed by himself with me there to spot him.  That is such a big improvement from a week ago. 

Oh that is such good news 🥹 Prayers that he continues to improve 🙏🏻 

4 hours ago, kplady said:

Well, I really feel like part of the Daily family now!! My dishwasher gave up the ghost yesterday. I put a load of dishes in around lunchtime, and noticed a rotten, almost burning, smell a while later. When I opened it to take out the clean dishes it really smelled bad!  Since we're a family of 4 adults, and I haven't lived without a dishwasher in my life, my DS went online and ordered one from Best Buy before dinner! It is scheduled to be delivered and installed on Friday.  Hoping that they keep to their schedule!

Oh ugh on you being hit by the appliance gremlin 😡. Hoping your new dishwasher is in place early if not on time 🤞 

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am doing much better.  It seems that my polymyalgia is again under control.  Yesterday when I got my flu shot, the pharmacist and I were talking about the flare up after the Covid vaccine and he said that is a known side effect for people with my condition.  

That is really good news 👍. So glad things are under control again.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

It was a rough night. I got a call that we needed to go into the hospital to see BFF's Dad around 11:30. I got home around 2AM, and am heading back there shortly. He's not doing well and some tough decisions need to be made. We thought tomorrow, but BFF just called and I think we're going to comfort measures this afternoon. He actually included me in his living will as one of the decision makers. I don't know if he'll last the day. Of course, BFF is distraught, but doesn't want him to suffer.

Oh Vanessa, I am so sorry to hear this.  How sad for both of you.  I know the 2 of you will do the best for him and so sorry that the two of you have to bear this and so sorry for your BBF’s dad 😢 

6 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

There's a section on the interactive TV that lists officers by full name and gives a short biography. Cruise Director is one of them.

If your interactive TV works 😉 Couldn’t get it on mine on the Oosterdam and yes, they have the new TV’s.  I think they came twice to try to fix it for me.

@dfish somehow I lost your post but glad your fireplace is working.  Is it a wood or propane one?  A pilot sounds like propane.  I had one in my old house and boy did it help heat up the house.  Loved it.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1