The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 12th, 2023

cat shepard

18 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Last night was one of the clearest nights in several months with the added bonus of no moonlight early and no wind.  DH got several good pictures of the green comet as it headed away from earth.  

This is the best of the best with a good view of the tail.

264f0ffd-171a-48a8-957f-555fb9e3150c-120.thumb.jpg.cab6613083f7148e22712a0fb511ba7c.jpg

Lenda

Spectacular, Lenda & Steve!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Last night was one of the clearest nights in several months with the added bonus of no moonlight early and no wind.  DH got several good pictures of the green comet as it headed away from earth.  

264f0ffd-171a-48a8-957f-555fb9e3150c-120.thumb.jpg.cab6613083f7148e22712a0fb511ba7c.jpg

Lenda

Absolutely splendid picture!! Thank you!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie, I’m actually “speed” cooking them this time because I decided to make them so late, we eat our main meal at 2ish, so I only have about 3 hours total.  I hope they come out as well. BTW, I’m trying your suggestion of adding some bourbon during the first step. I’ll let you know how they come out. 

3 hours should be good.  I do want to hear how it turns out with the bourbon.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you, Debbie.  I agree totally about the Daily and how this community has nurtured and supported all of us.  I wish we could spread this feeling to others.  Sadly, I see too much meanness and hatred not only on other threads, but on FB and even in the news.  It will take a world wide attitude change for many to realize as Naki wrote, that we are all humans.  No matter the cultural, skin or religious differences in the world, we all have the same needs, hopes and desires.  Now, I better get off my soapbox before I say something I shouldn't.

Most movements start small.  One step at a time.  Little by little, great change can be made.  Just a nice smile or a kind gesture to another can change the course of their day.  And, they are more likely to do that for others.  Another and more potent form of pay it forward.  The guy behind you in line doesn't need you to pay for his coffee.  Someone else might benefit greatly by kind words.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Lenda@Quartzsite Cruiser for posting my photos today and it was quite alright you didn’t have time for them yesterday.  I didn’t have any close shots from 2012 and others had probably posted their better photos already. I notice an error in my text though. We met our Myrtle Beach friends in 2008 not 2018.  After the balloon shoot down weekend before last she sent me video taken from their neighborhood. Exciting happenings right in front of their eyes!  

We made reservations for a late dinner at the Crown Grill tonight. Most of the specialty dining reservations are gone already but they will fit us in. We have OBC to use up and only one week to spend it!  

Thanks everyone for always being there. And enjoy awesome Hobart Rich @richwmn.  

• Like 15

34 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Wow! Great photo by DH.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  we visited Cork on a land trip.  Ireland is worth spending several weeks north and south.  
@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for sharing the details of the earthquake!  So terribly sad,  I had no idea of the background.   I love the idea of coming together to help.  Also thanks to your DH for his wonderful photos of the comet! 

some local snow,   The coffee is in bloom.

71E50CFA-F865-4457-8F1F-3417C8E93276.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Super Bowl is on, so it seems like a good time to at least say "Hello" for the day.  NFL football hasn't held much interest for me anymore after DH passed!  Still love college, though.

It has been a bright, clear, cool day in Western Colorado.  Hope the weather holds for our trip to Denver area.  Last time we went to this particular conference (2020), the first part of the trip was through a blinding snow storm!  Eisenhower Tunnel isn't fun in snow!!!

I had a great Uncle who was a tremendous baker and owned his own bakery.  Made wonderful plum pudding, and I cherish his recipe for it.  I have made it several times around the holidays, in my younger years.

I loved the pictures today of Cobh.  Brings back so many memories of our visit in 1999 on a land tour.  (pre-digital photo era).  That trip was a tribute to my DM, as I took the small inheritance from her to fund the tour!  Good time!

Prayers for all on the Cares List, and a shout-out to those celebrating!  Have a great evening.

Mary Kay

• Like 15

It's been a quiet day here (other than the sound of fireworks since the big game started). 🤣

I got outside for a bit and did some weeding -- so nice to see more and more crocus and hellebore blooming.  AND I finally finished the painting.  So that's put away until I find something else to paint.

The kittens now have names 🙂  The black one is Captain Soot (Soot for short) and the grey one is Smudge -- I'm sure the boys had a lot of input for the names. 😉  

Mary Kay @cruzn singlecould you share your Uncle's recipe for plum pudding?  DS and DDIL have a plum tree and it may be a way to use some of their plums.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We will be watching the game today, for the commercials.  🤣  However, having lived in Delaware and southeast Pennsylvania, plus the fact, the only NFL game we've been to was in the old Yankee Stadium in 1969 with the Eagles beating the Jets, I'll be pulling for the Eagles.  We'll also probably watch part of the Puppy Bowl.

Lenda

I’m recording the game for the commercials and the half time show as well as the puppy bowl - I think that is the best part 👍 

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Now, I'm going to take you back in time -- one day.  I found the pictures Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted of Cape Horn and Drake Passage on December 19, 2021.  Again, my apologies for forgetting them yesterday.

Please don’t apologize ever. It’s so kind of you to take the time to post these on Sandi’s behalf 👍 

5 hours ago, tupper10 said:

My son can be taken off the lists. He goes home (we hope) from the hospital tomorrow with a port so he can get IV antibiotics at home.  His liver abscess is drained but they are concerned that it moved to his lungs so he has a month to 2 month course of antibiotics.  We are all praying that this will work because the next step if it doesn't is very concerning.  He is getting married this June and he wants to be well to enjoy this very special day.  

I too pray that this works for him and he can be well to enjoy his special day.  🙏🏻. Congratulations to him on his upcoming nuptials 🥂 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Wow. thank you . We keep forgetting to go outside and look

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

It's been a quiet day here (other than the sound of fireworks since the big game started). 🤣

I got outside for a bit and did some weeding -- so nice to see more and more crocus and hellebore blooming.  AND I finally finished the painting.  So that's put away until I find something else to paint.

The kittens now have names 🙂  The black one is Captain Soot (Soot for short) and the grey one is Smudge -- I'm sure the boys had a lot of input for the names. 😉  

Mary Kay @cruzn singlecould you share your Uncle's recipe for plum pudding?  DS and DDIL have a plum tree and it may be a way to use some of their plums.  

Cute names!

3 hours ago, dfish said:

3 hours should be good.  I do want to hear how it turns out with the bourbon.

Most movements start small.  One step at a time.  Little by little, great change can be made.  Just a nice smile or a kind gesture to another can change the course of their day.  And, they are more likely to do that for others.  Another and more potent form of pay it forward.  The guy behind you in line doesn't need you to pay for his coffee.  Someone else might benefit greatly by kind words.  

Debbie, the wings were very good and came out just as good at 325 degrees for 3 hours. I really didn’t notice the bourbon but it probably added something, I’d have to try them without it just to see if there is any difference. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, that picture is amazing!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Spectacular, Lenda & Steve!

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Absolutely splendid picture!! Thank you!!

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Wow! Great photo by DH.

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Wow. thank you . We keep forgetting to go outside and look

26 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Cute names!

Debbie, the wings were very good and came out just as good at 325 degrees for 3 hours. I really didn’t notice the bourbon but it probably added something, I’d have to try them without it just to see if there is any difference. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, that picture is amazing!

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  we visited Cork on a land trip.  Ireland is worth spending several weeks north and south.  
@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for sharing the details of the earthquake!  So terribly sad,  I had no idea of the background.   I love the idea of coming together to help.  Also thanks to your DH for his wonderful photos of the comet! 

some local snow,   The coffee is in bloom.

71E50CFA-F865-4457-8F1F-3417C8E93276.jpeg

DH says thank you to everyone for your comments on the picture of the comet.  Most of the astronomy pictures now are due to computer guidance and the programs built into the telescopes.  Eva, @superoma in spite of the information about the comet, it is impossible to see with the naked eye.  I tried several times ovet the past week, and even with binoculars it was impossible to see it.

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I agree, and I try to be positive and friendly around people.  I also make it a point to thank people who help us, and especially all the nurses, therapists and others who were so nice and suppoetive to DH and me.  People need to know when they have make a difference, even if it’s their job.  A smile goes a long way.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Lenda@Quartzsite Cruiser for posting my photos today and it was quite alright you didn’t have time for them yesterday.  I didn’t have any close shots from 2012 and others had probably posted their better photos already. I notice an error in my text though. We met our Myrtle Beach friends in 2008 not 2018.  After the balloon shoot down weekend before last she sent me video taken from their neighborhood. Exciting happenings right in front of their eyes!  

We made reservations for a late dinner at the Crown Grill tonight. Most of the specialty dining reservations are gone already but they will fit us in. We have OBC to use up and only one week to spend it!  

Thanks everyone for always being there. And enjoy awesome Hobart Rich @richwmn.  

Sandi, it wasn't a problem to find yesterday's pictures. It was a nice break from making sure everything was ready for when we do our taxes.  Now, that's work.  😉

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn, those are cute names for the kitties, and very appropriate.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I’m recording the game for the commercials and the half time show as well as the puppy bowl - I think that is the best part 👍 

Jacqui, puppy bowl was cute as usual.  I'll be interested in your take on the commercials.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Please don't aIpologize ever. It’s so kind of you to take the time to post these on Sandi’s behalf 👍 

I was raised to admit my mistakes, and to apologize for them.  It is no problem to post Sandi’s pictures when I'm already going through Rich's @richwmn posts looking for mine.  She has done the same for me when I couldn't post pictures.  That's what makes the Daily, the Daily.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

@Cruising-along, in all honesty, there isn’t a plum anywhere next or near this particular recipe. It is a holiday dessert with similar ingredients to a fruitcake.  Why it is called that is a mystery to me. Unfortunately, I am the oldest of my generation and the origin of the name is lost forever with myDM’s relatives.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We walked into our room when there was less than 2 minutes left in the game and tied up. Congrats to a Missouri team, the KC Chiefs on an exciting finish!!

Dinner in the Crown Grill tonight was excellent and we made sure to thank them for squeezing us in  at 8:30. Now I have to sit up and read awhile to digest before bedtime. Hope everyone has had a “super” weekend!!😉

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@Cruising-along, in all honesty, there isn’t a plum anywhere next or near this particular recipe. It is a holiday dessert with similar ingredients to a fruitcake.  Why it is called that is a mystery to me. Unfortunately, I am the oldest of my generation and the origin of the name is lost forever with myDM’s relatives.

Well that shows how little I know about plum pudding!  🤣  Thank you for explaining. 🙂 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

DH says thank you to everyone for your comments on the picture of the comet.  Most of the astronomy pictures now are due to computer guidance and the programs built into the telescopes.  Eva, @superoma in spite of the information about the comet, it is impossible to see with the naked eye.  I tried several times ovet the past week, and even with binoculars it was impossible to see it.

Debbie, I agree, and I try to be positive and friendly around people.  I also make it a point to thank people who help us, and especially all the nurses, therapists and others who were so nice and suppoetive to DH and me.  People need to know when they have make a difference, even if it’s their job.  A smile goes a long way.

Sandi, it wasn't a problem to find yesterday's pictures. It was a nice break from making sure everything was ready for when we do our taxes.  Now, that's work.  😉

Carolyn, those are cute names for the kitties, and very appropriate.

Jacqui, puppy bowl was cute as usual.  I'll be interested in your take on the commercials.

I was raised to admit my mistakes, and to apologize for them.  It is no problem to post Sandi’s pictures when I'm already going through Rich's @richwmn posts looking for mine.  She has done the same for me when I couldn't post pictures.  That's what makes the Daily, the Daily.

Lenda

Thanks for this, hopefully we can go up to the observatory and see it! 

21 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Well that shows how little I know about plum pudding!  🤣  Thank you for explaining. 🙂 

Perhaps when little Jack Horner pulled out the plum😜🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well thw game is over, no spoilers though.  DW was going crazy and only had 2 vodka sodas, she's such a light weight.  DS unexpectedly invited a whole bunch of friends over.  Spent over half the game cooking.  Lamb Lolipops turned out so well will do them again.  Deep fried chicken wings spot on, and how can you go wrong with Costco tuxedo cake.  Was a fun evening, enjoyed what I saw of the game.  Up at the crack of dawn, good night  all, got excurions to book tomorrow 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm sorry your back is not doing well.  I'd hoped the epidural steroid shot would help.  That is good news that your DS is scheduled to go home tomorrow.  I hope the antibiotics clear up the remaining infection.

Thank you, Debbie.  I agree totally about the Daily and how this community has nurtured and supported all of us.  I wish we could spread this feeling to others.  Sadly, I see too much meanness and hatred not only on other threads, but on FB and even in the news.  It will take a world wide attitude change for many to realize as Naki wrote, that we are all humans.  No matter the cultural, skin or religious differences in the world, we all have the same needs, hopes and desires.  Now, I better get off my soapbox before I say something I shouldn't.

Vanessa, good for you mother. The teacher probably did take advantage of you.  Five dollars seems like a lot of money to young kids.

Lenda

Excellent post Lenda.

Everything you say is absolutely true.

Love and compassion on here for people most of us have never met is what stands out for me plus the different theme every day.

It is 38°F and still dark here at 06.30am in the UK.

Good wishes for everyone.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Awesome photo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1