StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Aliaschief celebrating good health news

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Mamaofami doing well with balance

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

2 days for Lady Hudson’s sister cruise (Anthem of the Seas 3/12 to 3/19)

7 days for RedneckBob (Celebrity Constellation 3/17 to 3/27)

SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thank you Vanessa for a comprehensive care list.

Graham.

• Like 9

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I agree with others, everyone here is pretty awesome; it is interesting though, how often it is used, especially in a restaurant.  "Oh, you're ordering bacon and eggs?  Awesome."  LOL  I know there aren't any pay phone booths left in our city.  My middle name - Katherine - was to honour my baptismal godmother, my dear Aunt Katie, who was a real firecracker.

When I saw the wine of the day, I was taken back to the early years of our marriage when special occasions (like a difficult work week) called for a bottle of Chianti; once the bottle was emptied, it became a candle holder to be used again and again.  I recall when we moved out of our first apartment, we had several boxes of "candle holders".  LOL   I'd like the drink of the day without the bourbon - I'd substitute vodka, or just more orange juice.

May be an image of text

As I look out the living room window, I see we had another dusting of snow last night - it came with a wind, so there are what we call "finger drifts" across the driveway.  That might mean I'll have to shovel, as they'll be too hard for the leaf blower to dislodge.  Our temperature is hovering around -15C, which is comfortable, and we're not having to prepare for the blizzard which is predicted to hit the southern part of the province today and possibly tomorrow.  Yay!  

I have to do a run to the bank today and that's about all, so will continue with my blanket making.  A friend of ours uses Za'atar as a topping for his home made flatbread; once it comes out of the oven, he brushes it with melted butter and sprinkles the spice on top.  Yum!  It's Friday night, pizza night at our house and when we were at the big box store the other day, we picked up some frozen individual pizzas.  DH has already chosen his 4 cheese and I'll probably grab a pepperoni pizza to enjoy at the dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those in the path of the storms.  Cheers to all with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 23

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Friday morning. We are at Devil's Island today and they are expecting many to tender off. We didn't get our Yellow Fever vaccination so are staying aboard.   It is beautiful here. I am enjoying my port side balcony with a lot of morning sun on it and a nice breeze.   I have a very good phone signal so the place must be more civilized than we had imagined.  Cellar Master Dinner tonight.  They pulled a fast one on us and changed dressy day to tomorrow.  We will have to slink into the MDR tomorrow, I kept a nice dress unpacked but I am afraid anything John has might not fit or went out to storage with our winter clothes. It was supposed to be tonight.  

Sandi thank you for the Daily Reports and Vanessa for the cares report.  Prayers for everyone needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

We spoke with our regular waiter last night and he sometimes does room service.  He said the isolation cabins get served first.  We asked how many and he said 14 which he said is much better than the Volendam last November which was 73.  Sandi I think that was your ill fated voyage on the Volendam. 😥

We had a beautiful sunset last night.  Nancy 

IMG_20230309_182937640_HDR.jpg

Hi Nancy, hope you have a great day on the balcony enjoying the nice warm weather.  Michigan's not so nice today.  😉

I'm glad to hear they don't have a lot of people in quarantine on your cruise.  You mentioned our ill fated cruise last year.  If you are referring to Covid that was in June on Island Princess.  Somehow we came off the Volendam without catching the virus, along with the latest way overcrowded, to us anyway, Sky Princess.  

I wish you could have wandered around on Devil's Island.  It was quite an enjoyable experience.  We had the yellow fever shot, but honestly I don't remember any mosquitoes there at all.

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise and the same goes for Linda @lindaler.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Hummm.  Getting ready to wheel my garbage bin to the street I slipped a foot into a shoe and there was something in it.   My dear fur ball had deposited his dinner into it.   Yuck.   Trying to figure what he is getting even for.  Have a good one and adjust your clock this weekend. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 14

17 minutes ago, highscar said:

Hummm.  Getting ready to wheel my garbage bin to the street I slipped a foot into a shoe and there was something in it.   My dear fur ball had deposited his dinner into it.   Yuck.   Trying to figure what he is getting even for.  Have a good one and adjust your clock this weekend. 

Dinner may have been served a minute late.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

Good morning! Another great sleep. You may remove me from celebration list. I had my celebration. My middle name is my father’s first. Actually saw quite a few phone booths in France last Fall.

Received my pneumonia vaccine yesterday and no side affects or soreness.

It’s currently 72 degrees and overcast and Alexa told me that there is a 54% chance of rain this morning. That Alexa is so much smarter then Siri!

I have been to Tonga but not today’s port.

I have nothing planned this morning but a haircut is well over due. Next week I have an appointment every day. 
My Sue will be leaving next Friday to join a couple of her sisters and go on a cruise on the MS Rotterdam. They took advantage of the free inside cabin offer. Upon her return it will be a short break before we both head back to Port Everglades and board the Eurodam for 19 days.

Thanks to all who make the Daily special and have a great day and weekend.

Bruce Carl

image.thumb.jpeg.53a9db361d261dbec0d9fd54612cf875.jpegimage.jpeg.fcce509457cb51b033aae84e4b21a103.jpegimage.jpeg.389d07ccdd1bd4d6e92bb320c5c8759f.jpegimage.jpeg.cd79cda6d86dfd10d932860b88a27fb9.jpegimage.jpeg.15951a7cd135960f5fc8e56dab6c9708.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.91b7ca601f2fc42d8c475f76302dd593.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 10

Good morning all. Snow started overnight and it is expected to snow all day. So glad we don’t have to go anywhere today. Drove out to see my father and take care of some credit card business for him yesterday to beat the storm.

my middle name is my paternal grandmother’s name, Margareta, and my first name, Eva, is her twin sister’s name. My poor sister didn’t gat a middle name.

8F4EBF73-0AE0-4F56-A9E4-EFC9173ED924.jpeg

• Like 25

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  50 degrees with Rain showers.  Computer is correct.  DH has a doc appointment mid morning, we have Atlanta Chorale Group tickets for the Magnificat tonight, and right before we leave, we have a  zoom training on the choose your own sale that starts next Tuesday.

So this is my day off.

I think everyone here on the daily is awesome.  People here have the ability to be able to discuss what really is happening with them and their loved ones, and no matter how weird or bad, you all seem to brush yourself off and keep on going. Living life on life's terms   I think that is awesome and inspiring.

My middle name is Elizabeth.  Hence the name Annie.  I write my name as Ann E.  
And it was always very dramatic, when I heard my parents yell Ann Elizabeth!  I knew I was in trouble for something.  I think that the Elizabeth is after the queen.  

@dfishI like the third choice for the dish too.

Now @StLouisCruisers don't be upset, but I really wouldn't mind some of that snow from up north. After I get my grocery shopping done. 😸  All other weather we get I blame on Texas.  I used to blame Alabama, but that's just a filter state for us to get more moderate weather .

May-your-coffee-be-strong-and-your-friday-short-cat-meme-7568.png

• Like 23

Good morning from central Texas where the sun is trying to break through the remaining clouds from last night's storm.  Most of the storm missed us, and we only got about 0.2 inch of rain along with a lot of thunder.  It is currently 51F with a predicted high of 64F.

Day of Awesomeness is an interesting day to celebrate.  I have a vague memory of seeing a phone booth with a phone in it not too long ago, but I can't remember where I saw it or when.  Middle name pride day is good since I go by my middle name.  My first name is my mother's middle name, and her first name was my grandmother's name. 

An interesting quote today.

We'll pass on the meal, but like fish and chips without extra spices.  Like Gerry @ger_77 if I have the drink, I'll substitute vodka.  Occasionally we'll have Chianti, so I'd like to try the wine.

We have not been to Tonga, but maybe someday,

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, that must have been scary for your DB.  I'm glad he did not need to be transported to the hospital.

@rafinmd  Roy, cheers on another good night's sleep.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm sorry you will have to find new health insurance.

@ottahand7  Nancy, as long as John has a nice pair of slacks and a collared shirt, he will be fine in the MDR on dressy night.  I agree that Devil's Island is an "awesome" place to visit and wander around, and since we were there during the day, we also did not see any mosquitos.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope you can convince your doctor that it is time for the surgery.   I'm glad I was able to help with the hiking in St. John's, and I hope your weather there is good.  Yikes! 😱 on the handyman yesterday. 

@marshhawk  Annie, it's strange that I sign my name E. Lenda, since Elizabeth is my first name.  Sorry you are getting some of our bad weather, but we don't like to keep it around for very long.  😉

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!  Thanks to all who make the Daily a great way to start my day.

I appreciate @dfish posting the recipe for homemade Za’atar, another wonderful Middle Eastern spice blend.  Spices blends really wake up your taste buds!

I recently saw a phone booth in the ER of our local hospital.  I actually stopped and did a double take. 

ADABF32E-47CE-4E44-88CD-B934B2A8F8C4.jpeg.aa8f2e822a5b5b78cbe113c663eb2890.jpeg

178175BA-1BFB-4144-9E76-78B1953A8E8A.jpeg.cf00558cb6ad768ed4cd80f5d4fab3d8.jpeg

I agree with @kochleffel that awesome is an over used word.  I only use it when something inspires awe.  I think this full rainbow over St Lucia is awesome.8903DA08-7DA2-45C3-A80D-16C9923FC0C8.jpeg.437f9ddfca14e91de82d9d1868e68acf.jpeg

Positive energy to those who need it.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 26

Happy Friday all,

Fridays do not have the same emotional impact it did when I was working.  

I am looking at one of the new Legendary voyages in HA. It is a 27 day Amazon cruise in 2025. I am looking for any input if cruising the Amazon is worth it and if HA is the right cruise line. 

Have a great weekend. 

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I appreciate @dfish posting the recipe for homemade Za’atar, another wonderful Middle Eastern spice blend.  Spices blends really wake up your taste buds!

I recently saw a phone booth in the ER of our local hospital.  I actually stopped and did a double take. 

I agree with @kochleffel that awesome is an over used word.  I only use it when something inspires awe.  I think this full rainbow over St Lucia is awesome.8903DA08-7DA2-45C3-A80D-16C9923FC0C8.jpeg.437f9ddfca14e91de82d9d1868e68acf.jpeg

Positive energy to those who need it.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Beautiful picture, and I think it could be called awesome.

2 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Happy Friday all,

I am looking at one of the new Legendary voyages in HA. It is a 27 day Amazon cruise in 2025. I am looking for any input if cruising the Amazon is worth it and if HA is the right cruise line. 

Have a great weekend. 

We did an Amazon cruise in April 2006 on the old Regal Princess.  It was at the end of the rainy season.  The river was still very wide, but we did not get a lot of rain.  The rainy season is roughly mid-December to mid-May.  I think HAL would be good for that cruise especially since they have the Crow's Nest for viewing.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Vict0riann’s DH Pat recovering from surgery

Dailyites not sleeping well

StLouisCruiser’s family member with a stressful week

Cruzin Terri with pain from myofascial strain

Difficult days for Jacqui (kazu)

Citizens of Ukraine/CA deluged by snow and rain

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Aliaschief celebrating good health news

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Mamaofami doing well with balance

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

2 days for Lady Hudson’s sister cruise (Anthem of the Seas 3/12 to 3/19)

7 days for RedneckBob (Celebrity Constellation 3/17 to 3/27)

SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thanks for mentioning me JazzyV. But how did you know. Have you bugged my barn ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, 0106 said:

If you flush you will be disconnected ! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, GTVCRUISER said:

🙂 

phonebooth.JPG

Wow, a stand alone phone booth. I guess Super RedneckBob can get back to work!

Faster than a tortoise and a hare.

More powerful than Aunt Bernice’s grits

Able to leap tall out houses in one single bound

And fighting for truth, justice and the Redneck Way.

It’s Super RedneckBob!

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Good morning, everyone.  Especially those enjoying the lovely weather today in the Gatun Locks:

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

But I think they will be wishing for a shower later, to wash off the sweat...

My middle name is plain Jane.  I believe there may be a Jane or two somewhere on my father's family tree.  My sister came along a year before me, and she got parts of both grandmothers:  Mary from Mary Edith, And Catharine from Fannie Catherine.  Yes, she got an extra a in Catharine from my father's side of the family.  I'm just glad I didn't get what was left...Fannie Edith.  

I have been to Vavau. and Neiafu... In 1989 I spent two weeks there volunteering on an Earthwatch (Institute) Expedition studying Giant Clams.  Snorkeling off a 40 ft. motor sailer over the clam beds.  When I mention Tonga, most people think it's in Africa.  I have many, many pictures but apparently they have never got scanned into my computer.  EM

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for prepping the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

All Dailyites are Awesome! I still see the occasional phone booth, but not often. I do not have a middle name; makes getting a monogram difficult. Excellent quote. I will have a fish sandwich today, no bun or chips, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Vavau Island.

It's 40 and cloudy. Fortunately we have gotten mainly rain, while north of us there is snow. BFF wants to go to a church Lenten fish fry. Although I don't routinely eat fish, I can tolerate a fish sandwich; I turned him down last week, so I said yes for today and will get one sans bun. 

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for our start today. I've said for years that it always seems to rain when I get my hair done. Sorry to hear about DB's episode yesterday and I hope it doesn't recur. 

@rafinmd Good news on getting better sleep last night.

@mamaofami Good luck with finding new healthcare. We had a war between the two biggies here regarding their Medicare clients, but fortunately it got settled when the Governor stepped in.

@ottahand7 Enjoy the Cellar Master Dinner and thanks for the sunset.

@St Pete Cruiser Enjoy the ferry ride and Tampa.

@summer slope I understand about being nervous. I still wear a mask most places, even though my BFF scoffs at me. Too bad.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Good luck with the appointment; I would think since it's a functional tumor they'd want to take it out to stop the long term effects of excess cortisol.

@highscar Ewww, lol. 

@aliaschief Sadly we were a little short on celebrations, so I left you on today, but will take you off tomorrow. Thanks for the memes.

@marshhawk You have a busy day off.

@0106 That rainbow is awesome.

@RedneckBob I followed the clues! I always wanted to be a detective, lol.

@Essiesmom That volunteering trip to Tonga sounds very interesting.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Happy Friday all,

Have a great weekend. 

I never thought I'd be interested in an Amazon cruise, but seeing the pictures posted here and reading about some of the other Dailyites experiences, it has now gone on my bucket list.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My middle name is my father's first name.

That's the naming tradition in my DH's family for the first born son:

Charles Stephen 

begat

James Charles

begat

Floyd James

begat

Scott Floyd

begat

Randall Scott

begat

Ethan Randall... 

-Melisa

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for prepping the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

All Dailyites are Awesome! I still see the occasional phone booth, but not often. I do not have a middle name; makes getting a monogram difficult. Excellent quote. I will have a fish sandwich today, no bun or chips, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Vavau Island.

It's 40 and cloudy. Fortunately we have gotten mainly rain, while north of us there is snow. BFF wants to go to a church Lenten fish fry. Although I don't routinely eat fish, I can tolerate a fish sandwich; I turned him down last week, so I said yes for today and will get one sans bun. 

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for our start today. I've said for years that it always seems to rain when I get my hair done. Sorry to hear about DB's episode yesterday and I hope it doesn't recur. 

@rafinmd Good news on getting better sleep last night.

@mamaofami Good luck with finding new healthcare. We had a war between the two biggies here regarding their Medicare clients, but fortunately it got settled when the Governor stepped in.

@ottahand7 Enjoy the Cellar Master Dinner and thanks for the sunset.

@St Pete Cruiser Enjoy the ferry ride and Tampa.

@summer slope I understand about being nervous. I still wear a mask most places, even though my BFF scoffs at me. Too bad.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Good luck with the appointment; I would think since it's a functional tumor they'd want to take it out to stop the long term effects of excess cortisol.

@highscar Ewww, lol. 

@aliaschief Sadly we were a little short on celebrations, so I left you on today, but will take you off tomorrow. Thanks for the memes.

@marshhawk You have a busy day off.

@0106 That rainbow is awesome.

@RedneckBob I followed the clues! I always wanted to be a detective, lol.

@Essiesmom That volunteering trip to Tonga sounds very interesting.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Very good Detective JazzyV. Hard for me to follow the clues because I am clueless ! 😳

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I hope your brother is feeling better today.It is alarming when the numbers go down so quickly.

@mamaofami, we had a situation  when my inlaws were alive when  their smaller garment workers union suddenly  went kaput. It was a scramble to get them enrolled  in another plan.I hope you can find something. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I just got a call that a dear friend from medical school died this morning. She had the same cancer that my DH died from. Ocular melanoma is a rare form of eye cancer and the only thing it has in common with skin melanoma is the name. There is no cure. It seeds to other areas almost immediately. The speed at which it kills you is based on the genetics and how aggressive it is. My husbands showed up in his liver 6 years after diagnosis and he died 20 months later. Hers showed up in her liver 20 years after diagnosis and she died 4 years later. We were both 36 when we started medical school so we bonded as the atypical student. She was an amazing person. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 20