The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 8th, 2023

Good morning all,

Decided to get up after awaking at 3:00a. It’s still dark here. Guess it’s just part of the “packing crazies” I go through.

Our group has its first ride for several months. It’s been postponed several times due to rain and wet trails. Am expecting lots of wild flowers. 

58 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Today in history (sorry it is late):

1974 Hammerin' Hank Aaron hits 715th HR, off of L.A. Dodger Al Downing, breaking Babe Ruth's record in Atlanta

It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. I was a teenaged dyed in the wool Dodgers fan at the time and not real pleased it was against the Dodgers, but not so sorry it was against Downing. The Dodgers used to have about 8 players on different parts of the stadium in booths to give autographs on Sundays. He had just refused to sign a baseball, saying he would only autograph paper. 

30 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

It’s Draw a Picture of a Bird Day. Can anyone draw the birds below that I took a picture of yesterday?

E5BD6285-3670-4FD8-9F79-017981A7427F.thumb.jpeg.02f4fb469b24ce6c8165eeebd7a3b3b7.jpeg

What are those birds?

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

Thanks everyone for making the Daily what it is.   The vino looks wonderful but will pass on the high carb noodles and fruity cocktail.    That being said I am having lasagna for dinner in my project of spring cleaning.  Today it will be getting my December birthday lasagna out of the freezer.   A little piece with a lot of salad.   Prayers for all on  our care list and for the people of Ukraine.  

We have been to Amber Cove several times but don't do shore excursions, at least not yet.   It has some of the best non stress shopping in the Caribbean.   I left with rum the last time.  Somehow my files from our 2021 N Statendam must have been dragged into another folder so that is about the limit of what we can find.   I think this was December 2019 on the Zuiderdam.   Have a lovely day! 

Amber cove rainbow.jpg

• Like 19

Good morning all. It looked like great weather for a while so DGS and I will clean off the outdoor furniture and bring out the cushions. 

Happy Birthday Sandi and thanks for getting us started each morning. Happy Anniversary Fred. May today be great for both of you. 

I splurged and bought attachable luggage. With two bad hands (one waiting for surgery and one recovering) I need help handling two pieces of luggage. I hope they are what they are advertised as I am sure I’ll need more than a carry-on for my next cruise.

Prayers for those on the Carol list and for those suffering in the world. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report @StLouisCruisers and happy birthday!  Great collection of days although my drawing skills aren’t that great.  My sister lives near the Detroit Zoo and we try and go whenever we visit.  I like the quote.  The meal and drink suggestions sound delicious.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to all of us as we celebrate Passover, Easter and Ramadan.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good Saturday morning all.

Sorry I have been AWOL. We have had a series of power outages here since Wednesday,  I have had all sorts of computer problems because of that.

Today all the emails I have sent over the last few days have been returned as “undeliverable”. Reason “potential spam”.  Thank you very much.

Trying to catch up.  All is well and I am working hard to get this house in decent shape.  As you probably realize, it is all falling on my shoulders.  I can only do so much and no more in one day.  Part of the each day is looking for things that should be in one place but are not where they belong.  Every day is a new discovery around here.

Still waiting for the glass to be installed in the shower.  Yesterday we put up a tension rod and shower curtain so that we can use the shower and not get water all over the floor.

We have decided that we will sell DH’s car.  He hardly drives it and I am very relieved.  Every time he goes out I do nothing but pray that he does not have an accident. However this puts an added burden on me to do all the driving everywhere.  However, safety is important.

I went on the Carvana website and was very surprised at the amount of money they offered for it.  An offer we can’t refuse.  We will probably go ahead with it on Monday.

Prayers for all during this very special and Holy Season—no matter what you celebrate.  I will keep all of you in my prayers, especially those on the cares list.  

Cheers to those celebrating and those cruising.

Have a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 20

Thank you Rich, Sandi (and Happy Birthday), Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Having seen the explanation of All is Ours Day I like it but am concerned that we need to do a better job of taking care of it.  I'll pass on drawing pictures and enjoy zoos but the closest thing I've been to in years is the aviary at Cartagena.  We do not really do anything todat, and the service @Lady Hudson was very similar to the service I attended for Maundy Thursday.  I love the Lincoln quote.

. Lots of distractions, Nieuw Statendam arriving in Port Everglades and then Amera arriving in New York.  I didn't catch Amera actually going under the bridge but was stunned at how much clearance there was.  Kind of fits in with how she is one of the few cruise ships going through the Kiel Canal.

eenyc.thumb.JPG.49393fa991dc4f4157191f8f24f17fb3.JPG

And later arriving at the terminal without fanfare:

eepny.thumb.JPG.e80fde0917f5aa652e380e7c6b559bb1.JPG

The meal looks interesting.  My alternative is Caramelized Orange and Grapefruit Cocktail, Chilled Strawberry Bisque and Chicken Breast with Israeli Couscous as served on MS Zaandam April 8, 2017.

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Happy Saturday Morning Dailyites!  Heavy rain this morning.  Cold temperatures compared to earlier this week.  Last night after work DH and I went into Tucker (a town 4 miles from us) and went to a meeting.  It was 71 when we went in the building.  An hour later the temperature had dropped 20 degrees, and the wind was incredibly strong.  We walked a couple blocks to get a burger, and DH borrowed my orange sweatshirt.  After dinner we drove back home, and there was no wind, and it was 10 degrees warmer.  4 miles. But this morning the news people are all talking about the rain in stone mountain, and the temps are 45 degrees.

I love Amber Cove, the cruise in and out along the mountains, is beautiful.  The port is a Carnival built port, with pool, and shops, and I cant find pictures of the last time we were there and just stayed in port, but I did find our previous stop there.  It is a port that we would not say no to, no matter what we would do, because the coffee there is the best I have ever had.  So just getting off the ship and getting coffee is enough for me.

I cant seem to post pictures, and DH is still asleep, so maybe later today....

@dfishthe recipe with the peanut sauce looks really good.  And Im hungry, so off to make breakfast!

• Like 17

Good morning again? Here in gloomy weather Atlanta. Flight had some turbulence but nothing severe. In Delta Sky Club and it appears we’re going to be upgraded again to First Class. Maybe should find a slot machine! Lucky day.

Enjoy your weekend.

image.jpeg.243f34e66e4d584332d14a7f0b4eda9f.jpegimage.jpeg.8510bcf87f787237f0a9705b57c178d6.jpegimage.jpeg.ec4ae9ea3ce48303818ce594eb989029.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e9157e59512a930c26143737a2b19ec4.jpegimage.jpeg.37753da728d5706b56f7139128f71dff.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 10
  • Haha 17

Good morning all. Lovely sunshine this morning and the same for tomorrow.  @dfish is just far enough north of us to get a little wintry mix this morning. And one dd and DSIL are in ipperwash Ontario on Lake Huron and they too will get some wintry mix. Yesterday we had a nice lunch with my father. Picked up fish and chips to enjoy with him. He wasn’t having a great day. The cable on his garage door snapped so he can’t close it right now. Repair to come on Monday. He lost some bookmarks on the internet, not sure how he does that. He actually thought his cable was Down (tv and internet) but it was just a loose battery on his remote that wouldn’t change channels. Got him up and running. In the last months and especially since this last car accident, I see he is struggling and really showing his age (93 in July). He has decided he will not buy another car, his was so damaged that insurance wrote it off. This was a tough decision for him since he has been driving since about age 20 and has owned a car since 1953 or so. He still lives in his house but not having a car may help in his decision to move to a retirement home. 

Birthday and anniversary wishes to those celebrating. Hope everyone has a great day. We will spend Easter with the other DD and DSIL, probably outside on the patio. Word has it we may reach 80f by Thursday!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info plus Happy Birthday Sandi!

It’s Draw a Picture of a Bird Day. Can anyone draw the birds below that I took a picture of yesterday?

E5BD6285-3670-4FD8-9F79-017981A7427F.thumb.jpeg.02f4fb469b24ce6c8165eeebd7a3b3b7.jpeg

Holy Buckets RedneckBob, have your chickens been drinking from your still again?  They look pretty high to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

Another note on Amber Cove after reviewing my Koningsdam blog.  While Puerto Plata is a regular and active cruise port (and just 5 miles away) I think one of the incentives for Carnival setting up Amber Cove is as a base for the short lived Fathom division designed for cruises to Cuba.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Hi again y'all.  I finally located the baby photo I was thinking of earlier this morning.  Not where I thought it was.  I must have "organized" my photos and placed it with other photos in a box.  This must be how Terri @Cruzin Terri feels when things aren't where they used to be.  😂  Here we are.  I am on the left and Twin (Linda) is on the right.  We are fraternal twins.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL66-e7XWiOXPuX-Tz9UzNIVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1680957701

Thanks for all of you who sent me good wishes today.  Graham @grapau27, Ann @cat shepard, Bruce @aliaschief, Terry @smitty34877, Katherine @Lady Hudson, Dixie, @summer slope, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, @RedneckBob, Debbie @dfish, Charlene @cunnorl, Nancy @ottahand7, Lorraine @cruising sister, Annie @marshhawk, Terri @Cruzin Terri, @Mr. Boston, Roy @rafinmd, Eva @superoma, and Joy @Seasick Sailor .  It's nice having so many CC friends and spend time with you here.  

I have a bunch of cards collected on the mantel I need to open next.  Saved them all for the Big Day.

Bruce @aliaschief nice being upgraded to First Class today!  Sorry about the bad weather here today.  I heard the weatherman say we're in a Wedge.  Colder temps along the Mid Atlantic down to central Georgia.  Hope your travels are safe today and you get settled in at your hotel before long.  Thanks for the great memes!

Terry @smitty34877 I'm really hoping this new aide works out well for you and Tana.  🤞

Katherine @Lady Hudson wonderful news about the cruise with your TWIN! 

Joy @Seasick Sailor are you feeling any better today?  🤗 Hugs to you!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

40 to mid 50s, howling winds today but some sun and no rain.   Not a lot different for tomorrow here in Maryland just north of Washington. 

I’ll make a spiral cut ham in the crock pot today, inspired by Debbie from last week’s recipes. I’ll be the meal tonight and tomorrow. Tonight we’ll have a single girlfriend join us, a good friend of 40 years from NM but lives here too now!  

Lincoln’s wisdom is timeless and inspiring. We may have some connection to the great man, a great- great- great- uncle maybe but hard to prove yet. Needs better research!  

We did our first ZipLine in Amber Cove. Very pretty spot, relaxing, fun and safe. 

Happy Birthday Sandi! 🎂 Thank you for all you do for us. I’m so impressed with the beautiful celebration attachments that clever people can add!  

Happy Anniversary Fred and Mitzi!  Anniversaries are such an accomplishment!  

Prayers for all the needs shared here, and all those in need of healing, comfort or hope. 

Safe travels to all away from home. And smooth flights @aliaschief.  Good visits to Gerry @ger_77 and family. I’d love to try those grandma cookies!  

Congrats to all those celebrating 🎉. Life is Good!  Cheers to Ren and his teammates for their excellent run in the Dallas ️ tournament. 

Glad to hear a new aide has come to help @smitty34877  .  

Blessings of Peace and Hope to all those celebrating sacred days. 

Thanks Roy @rafinmd for capturing the cruise port cam shots to share. I’ll look forward to checking back later after I get some cooking organized. 
Maureen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi again y'all.  I finally located the baby photo I was thinking of earlier this morning.  Not where I thought it was.  I must have "organized" my photos and placed it with other photos in a box.  This must be how Terri @Cruzin Terri feels when things aren't where they used to be.  😂  Here we are.  I am on the left and Twin (Linda) is on the right.  We are fraternal twins.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL66-e7XWiOXPuX-Tz9UzNIVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1680957701

Thanks for all of you who sent me good wishes today.  Graham @grapau27, Ann @cat shepard, Bruce @aliaschief, Terry @smitty34877, Katherine @Lady Hudson, Dixie, @summer slope, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, @RedneckBob, Debbie @dfish, Charlene @cunnorl, Nancy @ottahand7, Lorraine @cruising sister, Annie @marshhawk, Terri @Cruzin Terri, @Mr. Boston, Roy @rafinmd, Eva @superoma, and Joy @Seasick Sailor .  It's nice having so many CC friends and spend time with you here.  

I have a bunch of cards collected on the mantel I need to open next.  Saved them all for the Big Day.

Bruce @aliaschief nice being upgraded to First Class today!  Sorry about the bad weather here today.  I heard the weatherman say we're in a Wedge.  Colder temps along the Mid Atlantic down to central Georgia.  Hope your travels are safe today and you get settled in at your hotel before long.  Thanks for the great memes!

Terry @smitty34877 I'm really hoping this new aide works out well for you and Tana.  🤞

Katherine @Lady Hudson wonderful news about the cruise with your TWIN! 

Joy @Seasick Sailor are you feeling any better today?  🤗 Hugs to you!

Lovely baby photo of you and your twin Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Graham.

• Like 13

Happy Saturday everyone!  

To go with National Zoo day, the Houston Zoo has had their grand opening of their new Galapagos Island animal exhibit his week.  I can’t wait to visit it! 

https://www.houstonzoo.org/explore/exhibits/galapagos/

Happy birthday Sandi and twin Linda

Happy Anniversary Fred and Mitzi,

Thanks to all who keep our Daily thread going !

Prayers for those in need, and smiles and cheers for those with good news.

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travelnap said:

Holy Buckets RedneckBob, have your chickens been drinking from your still again?  They look pretty high to me.

Very funny! 😀😀😀😀

Those are Sandhill Cranes and stand three feet tall with a long wing span. I call them 747’s !

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1