IMG_1789.thumb.jpeg.07cf05a2d7b99e1285852d446b823832.jpeg

IMG_1796.thumb.jpeg.046b0048ac12c760e7987e61c04632e2.jpeg

IMG_1797.thumb.jpeg.e33f09db7206f1da5a1403860dab6493.jpeg

IMG_1814.thumb.jpeg.74c9b6fbe935d3fb647e70abef78fd19.jpeg

IMG_1817.thumb.jpeg.86bd71c3cad4cf02bba54f66d8ae5513.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily @richwmn.

I'll salute the Chinese Dragon Boat Festivals. I like walking on park trails, but sadly it's not something you do alone these days. I haven't ridden a bicycle in many years. Funny comedian quote. The meal sounds good for a side dish, with some protein, but is high in carbs. Pass on the drink and maybe on the wine ($$$).

I haven't been to Dover, but think I saw the white cliffs on some trip. I'll have to dig into the archives.

I'm just back from a quick stop at Aldi, before it got too hot out or the store too crowded. I'm not happy, as I saw yesterday that the crew working on the water line took out half of one sidewalk square of concrete and also destroyed that section of grass strip by the curb. I'd assume they have to fix my sidewalk, but I'll likely have to reseed that grass area. There's been no rain here for 2 weeks; I just turned on the outside spigots and put out the hoses.

No other plans for the day; I may go through one closet and find stuff I don't wear and put it in the donation pile.

@StLouisCruisers @richwmn  @Quartzsite Cruiser @Mtn2Sea @kazu Thanks for the Dover/Canterbury photos.

@aliaschief Have a great cruise!

@Nodakboiler Welcome to the Daily!

@Nickelpenny Good to hear you're having a great time in your travels!

@0106 Nice Assateague pictures. My prickley pear are going to have lots of blooms later this year, from the look of them.

@Heartgrove It's good to hear that Sam still has some good days. 

@marshhawk I hope you and DH are starting to feel better.

@ger_77 Prayers for comfort for all attending the memorial service.

@kazu Ouch on your accident!

@superoma Having your niece there to help was a blessing. And it sounds like the house may get sold soon, which is good.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

The Eurodam, a few moments ago this morning, at Pier 91 in Seattle.  Photo taken from the Edgewater Hotel. The structure on the right is the pier for the Victoria Clipper.

image.thumb.jpeg.e93ae2de686cb0a18055ed65aa0fc296.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

A late good morning today. I think given my age and fast fading athletic abilities I will pass on most of today's offerings except for Dover. I have been there many times in the past as my cousin and I used to visit family there. And my returns from France were always crossing the channel by ferry. We also used to hike along the cliffs.... that has been many years ago now.

Last was fun for me until the end of it. I went out to the Bar D Chuckwagon for first time in a number of years. The show was fun, the food was good although there was way too much of it for this elderly lady. As we were leaving one of the men in group I was with took a bad fall and cut his face which bled heavily like most head cuts do. He is going to have a real black eye. When I left he was in the hands of a passing doctor and when I talked to our ride this morning, they told me he is ok but he has been falling regularly and is going to have to be persuaded to wear a monitor and do some PT. Like many of us he lives alone with his dog. And he is stubborn and does not want to do any of that. They did take him to the ER last night.

Off this morning to the Humane Society adoption event where I promise not to adopt a dog but will make a financial contribution and eat lunch. Then I need to get back to my house. I want to leave it really stripped down and the accumulated "stuff" gone when I do the GA in January.... not to mention thinning out books..... lots of books.

Take care all.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
  • Like 20

Good morning,

Thanks for the daily. I would enjoy todays meal choice if someone made it for me. I celebrated world bicycle day with DGS when he rode his bike to the park this morning before it gets to hot. We are in for more hot weather today.  We had a pop up rain storm that had the sun shining through the whole time last night. DGS and I tried to find a rainbow but had no luck. 

So sad to hear about people losing their pets. They love us unconditionally. Prayers for those in need. Happy sailing and welcome home to our travelers. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks we’ll be working hard at having a great time.

Why is our Butler Oscar smiling? Because we never use their services!

image.thumb.jpeg.8903937600c5890959e2780d029ed683.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8c002ec4678a0da05d3722621c1a005d.jpeg

Very nice cabin!  Since you will not be using your butler could you please ask him to bring me a hamburger, fries and a Miller lite. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

I have not posted here for a long time while on the cruise for six weeks and touring The Netherlands , than afterwards had to catch up at home and planting a couple of large veggie gardens .

BTW Thank you all very much for the many BD Congratulations posted here while we were on the Rotterdam for Martha and myself we had no Wifi for most of our cruise , but heard all about it from our friends on board ship . It was a wonderful Anniversary Cruise .

Have to show a few pictures of our very nice full day tour from Dover with @Overhead Fred seeing the White Cliffs of Dover , Leeds Castle , the Chunnel Entrance , Canterbury Cathedral and the very pretty medieval town of Chilham .

image.thumb.jpeg.129b4fc5b9d1ed8e602c2c977921d412.jpeg

From the top .....

image.thumb.jpeg.2b95e0ec88d1068050eb4e7f6e86dcef.jpeg

...and from the bottom .

image.thumb.jpeg.60196469e421cd73fda462bdcd2382f5.jpeg

From where everybody and everything gets loaded to go through the Chunnel to France . Amazing and very busy organisation ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d9ab664b36d1e314dbe4010d6d85690.jpeg

Gardens of Leeds Castle 

image.thumb.jpeg.6c9707f7f52fa1f1ee064c8d14ae70fc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1746c1d4a593b8f320e3d0fb96522030.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a080383b43812fb5a18a81d8dc2efa30.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3fe01909c83e1c98829a1cc6f84e096b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a9ab99331012a2dfdd11a80290838b62.jpeg

Chilham 

image.thumb.jpeg.aa2163c7e77aea4148e7fce8e8b0f906.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e3abbbf9e4601358a9d4a929a6efac0f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3256af14f25a74e7545074258cd67b3a.jpeg

First beer tasting and lunch .........

image.thumb.jpeg.ee1e80b3025dc0163786950e42a3f503.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.534d5b1db0f208fab76c8096684196af.jpeg

....and than church .  In the Norman - Gothic style of the 1400's 

image.thumb.jpeg.338e0022f35a0a12028b3db836c0327b.jpeg

You have seen a lot of Canterbury Cathedral today , so mine are not needed ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.45a61819107bd033bb106c52e23798d8.jpeg

Still here and in business after 473 years , just a little bit askew .

image.thumb.jpeg.e5bd860af925e2d0af4c8ffc55ec75b3.jpeg

A Great Day was had by all with Ed and his Taxi in Dover !

Tony , sailingdutchy 😄😄

Have a nice weekend everybody .

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Yay on Chinese Dragon Boat Festival Day!  We actually had those races here on the beautiful Hammond River.  They were fundraisers for breast cancer and the survivors were the competing rowing teams.  The boats were fantastic.

LOL on the quote.  I don’t think sleeping late solves anything - but it’s sure worth a try.  I’ll pass on the red wine and meal but certainly loved Dover.  The first time we were there we went to a great pub with friends and watched the Royal wedding.  The second time (both on the Prinsendam) we disembarked there - I had a wonderful guide who took us to the Dover Cliffs and a secret path, Canterbury Cathedral and a wonderful old “pub” with fantastic food and then dropped us off at our hotels in London.  I’ll go looking for pics.  They should be on my Ipad 🤞 

Late to the party today - slow motion - little accident last night - left something on the edge of the counter (DH always lectured me on that) and while I was grinding coffee, knocked it off and it went down on my foot.  OUCH.  I need to coddle it today.  

But it’s cold and rainy outside so at least I don’t feel guilty about not working outside 😉. I just hope the rain is reaching those wildfires 🤞 And the cooler weather helps fight them too.

One extreme to the other weather wise.  It was so cold last night  (close to freezing) I moved all my seedlings inside and delayed their transplanting.

@ger_77 safe travels today.

@Heartgrove good news on Sam 👍 

@Nodakboiler welcome to the Daily 🙂 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3700.jpeg.0478ae5c58023212bf7c90ab2312ffff.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

IMG_3706.thumb.jpeg.c9a73a8efadce24e177729246ca24b14.jpeg

IMG_3708.thumb.jpeg.c9b1a611f90bc69b99dd8fb859cd5742.jpeg

Jacqui, I hope you foot is getting better today.  

4 hours ago, superoma said:

Good morning all from another hot day in Essex county. Not sure where I left off in my saga but we have engaged a real estate agent (yesterday). She already had a showing last night and another video showing today some time. The house has been cleaned except for the kitchen floor which I will do tomorrow morning. My niece who is visiting from Germany on he4 spring break did most of the work. I am so appreciative of her help, don’t think we would be done yet if she hadn’t helped.

today is a laundry day and then relax at my DD’s DMIL pool in the afternoon. Still not sleeping well, too many moving parts to this estate stuff even though my files are organized to within an inch of their lives. A nap after lunch will be in order!

best wishes to all celebrating or sailing and prayers for those on the care list.

Eva, that's good that the real estate agent is already showing the house.  🤞 that it sells quickly and without a lot of negotiating the price.

5 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good Morning to All!!  Love the days - watched Dragon Boat Festivals while I lived in China.  They were cool!  And I need to start riding a bike!!

I love risotto but baked?  Hmmmm.  Wish I could see the White Cliffs of Dover some day!!

Off to day 3 of my adventure.  I am having a great time.  Heading up towards Nashville.  Let's see where I lay my head tonight.

Boy, Texans drive big trucks!!  That seem to be all I saw.  Went on the toll road out of Dallas; didn't mean to but somehow I did.  I guess I will owe the State of Texas some money!!

Thoughts for the care list.  @1ANGELCAT I am so sorry about your loss.  I am a cat lover and I dread the day Martina decides it is time to leave me.

Have a great day everyone!!

Penny, in some places in Dallas and Fort Worth, it is easy to get on a toll road without meaning to.  Don't worry, the North Texas Toll Authority (NTTA) will eventually send you a bill.  😁  It may even be possible to pay it on line.  What is now I-30 between Dallas and Fort Worth is the only toll road that I know of that was actually decommissioned.  When it was built, they said once the bonds were paid off, the would quit collecting tolls, and they did.  The really tricky thing about some of the toll roads are they are actually toll lanes as part of the highway.

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

A late good morning today. I think given my age and fast fading athletic abilities I will pass on most of today's offerings except for Dover. I have been there many times in the past as my cousin and I used to visit family there. And my returns from France were always crossing the channel by ferry. We also used to hike along the cliffs.... that has been many years ago now.

Last was fun for me until the end of it. I went out to the Bar D Chuckwagon for first time in a number of years. The show was fun, the food was good although there was way too much of it for this elderly lady. As we were leaving one of the men in group I was with took a bad fall and cut his face which bled heavily like most head cuts do. He is going to have a real black eye. When I left he was in the hands of a passing doctor and when I talked to our ride this morning, they told me he is ok but he has been falling regularly and is going to have to be persuaded to wear a monitor and do some PT. Like many of us he lives alone with his dog. And he is stubborn and does not want to do any of that. They did take him to the ER last night.

Off this morning to the Humane Society adoption event where I promise not to adopt a dog but will make a financial contribution and eat lunch. Then I need to get back to my house. I want to leave it really stripped down and the accumulated "stuff" gone when I do the GA in January.... not to mention thinning out books..... lots of books.

Take care all.

Susan

Susan, I'm glad you had a good time last night until the end.  I'm glad he is all right, and I hope someone can convince him to get the monitor and do the PT.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I hope you foot is getting better today.  

Thanks.  It is a bit better I think ( I have it wrapped in a tension bandage so I don’t try to bend that spot).   

It’s getting wetter and colder outside so Ivan is having a lazy day with me. Maybe he senses what I need?  But bless him for that.  He is just laying on the couch with me - bless him.

@durangoscots are you SURE you’re not going to adopt a dog?  😂. Will power - you have great will power. 🙂 

• Like 18

Good morning and thanks all! I did sleep in, so a little late.  

Thanks Sandi, Lenda, Fred, Tony, Jacqui and all for the awesome photos of Dover,  and area.  We arrived there by hovercraft from France many years ago and were awestruck by the cliffs.  We almost visited Canterbury,  but did Winchester cathedral instead so nice to see the photos!  
The warhorse memorial is exquisite, and I want to check out those secret tunnels! 

A few more blooms, I love foxglove! 

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I start a new sales campaign on Monday!  Yay!  And I should be studying, and reading, and I'm just not there yet, so "there" has to be tomorrow as I get trained on Monday.

@kazuPlease do not leave things on the corner of the counter.  Every time DH does that, I move it to somewhere not near a corner.  (mainly because the cats love to jump on the counters, at the corners and I do not want to clean up glass).

Am I really the only person in the world who wants to change out all my clawed furniture to plastic Adirondack chairs? 

I dusted off the ceiling fan in the bedroom last night and slept well for 4 hours, and then my leg cramps started up, and I didnt have enough covers to get warm under.  When we flew out to Vancouver in the beginning of May, and we had a short lay over in Seattle, DH and I wanted to go out and have a smoke, so we drug our carryon  luggage with us.  For some reason my Theraworks for Leg cramps grabbed the TSA attention, and they had me open it, take off the cover, and they pumped some of it on a test strip because they thought I was transporting??? I have no idea, and had no idea so many people didn't know about this product..  They ended up telling me that my cologne (which is only made by a certain company once a year, and I was saving it for my trip) was .04 ounces too much, and I told them to toss it.  (why did Atlanta not have this issue?)  When we left Vancouver, again the Theraworks for Leg cramps was scrutinized, but the woman wrote down the name of the product (turns out both she and her mother have leg cramps) and by the time we got to Seattle?  I threw the darn stuff out, but then we got home, I was too sick to go get more.   

Our house is brick, and sits on the top of a hill in the full sun, the temps out side are 85-90 and yet, we are cool due to fans through out the house.  The windows are open, Furnando is stretched out in one.  And the air conditioning guys are supposed to be here this week to crawl under the house and change the filter...which was ordered, but we dont have yet.  The vet called this morning for Furnando and when she asked me how I was, and I told her, she moved the appointment to the end of the month.  It's going to be one of those days, so I think I will take a nap.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

What is now I-30 between Dallas and Fort Worth is the only toll road that I know of that was actually decommissioned.  When it was built, they said once the bonds were paid off, the would quit collecting tolls, and they did. 

The Connecticut Turnpike (I-95 and I-395) is another.

New York is an EZ-Pass state but my corner of it has no toll roads or toll bridges. On the rare occasions when I use a toll road, I rely on the toll-by-mail system: if you pass through a toll station without a transponder, a device takes a picture of your license plate and in due course you receive a bill.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I start a new sales campaign on Monday!  Yay!  And I should be studying, and reading, and I'm just not there yet, so "there" has to be tomorrow as I get trained on Monday.

@kazuPlease do not leave things on the corner of the counter.  Every time DH does that, I move it to somewhere not near a corner.  (mainly because the cats love to jump on the counters, at the corners and I do not want to clean up glass).

Am I really the only person in the world who wants to change out all my clawed furniture to plastic Adirondack chairs? 

I dusted off the ceiling fan in the bedroom last night and slept well for 4 hours, and then my leg cramps started up, and I didnt have enough covers to get warm under.  When we flew out to Vancouver in the beginning of May, and we had a short lay over in Seattle, DH and I wanted to go out and have a smoke, so we drug our carryon  luggage with us.  For some reason my Theraworks for Leg cramps grabbed the TSA attention, and they had me open it, take off the cover, and they pumped some of it on a test strip because they thought I was transporting??? I have no idea, and had no idea so many people didn't know about this product..  They ended up telling me that my cologne (which is only made by a certain company once a year, and I was saving it for my trip) was .04 ounces too much, and I told them to toss it.  (why did Atlanta not have this issue?)  When we left Vancouver, again the Theraworks for Leg cramps was scrutinized, but the woman wrote down the name of the product (turns out both she and her mother have leg cramps) and by the time we got to Seattle?  I threw the darn stuff out, but then we got home, I was too sick to go get more.   

Our house is brick, and sits on the top of a hill in the full sun, the temps out side are 85-90 and yet, we are cool due to fans through out the house.  The windows are open, Furnando is stretched out in one.  And the air conditioning guys are supposed to be here this week to crawl under the house and change the filter...which was ordered, but we dont have yet.  The vet called this morning for Furnando and when she asked me how I was, and I told her, she moved the appointment to the end of the month.  It's going to be one of those days, so I think I will take a nap.

Have you tried taking 400mg Magnesium capsules at night? That alleviates leg cramps for me due to damaged veins thanks to an Ortho repairing my broken ankle.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Have you tried taking 400mg Magnesium capsules at night? That alleviates leg cramps for me due to damaged veins thanks to an Ortho repairing my broken ankle.

Or you can get the magnesium spray which is what my chiropractor suggested. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  It is a bit better I think ( I have it wrapped in a tension bandage so I don’t try to bend that spot).   

It’s getting wetter and colder outside so Ivan is having a lazy day with me. Maybe he senses what I need?  But bless him for that.  He is just laying on the couch with me - bless him.

@durangoscots are you SURE you’re not going to adopt a dog?  😂. Will power - you have great will power. 🙂 

Jacqui, I'm happy your foot is better and that you have it wrapped.  I think besides being tired from all the yard work, Ivan knows you need him.  I firmly believe our fur babies sense when we need extra love and comfort.

I was also wondering when @durangoscots Susan said she was not going to adopt another dog.  😁

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Annie, that's good that you have a new campaign starting Monday.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

The Connecticut Turnpike (I-95 and I-395) is another.

New York is an EZ-Pass state but my corner of it has no toll roads or toll bridges. On the rare occasions when I use a toll road, I rely on the toll-by-mail system: if you pass through a toll station without a transponder, a device takes a picture of your license plate and in due course you receive a bill.

Paul, that has happened to us in Colorado and in Texas before we got the Toll Tag.  It is issued by the north Texas authority, but it is good on all Texas toll roads and those in Oklahoma and Kansas, IIRC.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I'm happy your foot is better and that you have it wrapped.  I think besides being tired from all the yard work, Ivan knows you need him.  I firmly believe our fur babies sense when we need extra love and comfort.

I’m not sure how good it is but is moving easier with the wrap.  I’ll check it out later 🤞 

Ivan is really a good dog.  I never not walk a dog but I knew if I called the dogs’ second mother she would want me to go to get it checked out.  On the weekend?  I’d be there for 10 hours.  As long as it improves it’s good.  

Ivan has been happy to be on the couch with me and play 2+ hours of fetch with his toys.  He’s a sweetie.  

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I was also wondering when @durangoscots Susan said she was not going to adopt another dog.  😁

She’s resisting temptation 😂. She is strong.

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Seasick SailorIs that an over the counter or will I need a prescription?  My cardio/vein doc says to walk, but right now I have no energy and I'm not walking.

The nap lost....

I order the pure magnesium oil (seven minerals store) from Amazon. I apply it to my legs after a bath or shower. Just be aware, it also helps me fall asleep!

Buy the small size, less than 10 bucks to see if it works for you.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Very nice cabin!  Since you will not be using your butler could you please ask him to bring me a hamburger, fries and a Miller lite. 😀

Bubba he will make it happen in a flash. That’s his job, but no need because everything is pretty much perfecto.

• Like 11

Hate to be negative, but today is not Chinese Dragon Boats Festival.  It is on the fifth day of the fifth month on the Chinese Lunar Calendar.  Thus it varies every year from sometime in May to sometime in June.  Last year it was on 3 June.  This year it will be on 22 June and next year (2024) on 10 June.  I looked it up because when I asked my DW if she knew today was Dragon Boats Festival day she said "No, it is not."

When I was stationed on Taiwan we enjoyed this time of the year because there were so many Chinese and American holidays and we got to celebrate all of them.

Ray

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

35 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Hate to be negative, but today is not Chinese Dragon Boats Festival.  It is on the fifth day of the fifth month on the Chinese Lunar Calendar.  Thus it varies every year from sometime in May to sometime in June.

Unfortunately, the source I use for these observances did not update their site. I have no idea if an observance falls on a certain date, or if it varies like Easter, and apparently this one does.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5