The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 28th, 2023

richwmn

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope Steve's pain is controlled soon. 

@1ANGELCAT It's good to hear you like the doctor, and I hope these injections help.

@quilty964 I didn't recognize you, Karen, lol. Good thing you told us your former user name.

I hope @mamaofami is just busy taking care of Sam. We haven't heard from her in a while.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Last update for today.  We're on a large regular room and it's the warmest place I've been in today.  DH is doing better with just a little pa in in his head, and I'd pretty alert.

There is a very long couch and a recliner.  It's been a long day and hopefully we'll sleep better tonight.

BTW, they don't bring food around it set times.  There is a room service menu and you can order from 5:30 am to 7pm.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you get to NYC and got in your room early.

@quilty964  Thanks for letting us know an out the CC name change.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Happy Thursday.  I'll pass on the beer but celebrate Public Lands and Good Neighbors. 

I like the Green quote.  I've been to Bergen just once, Prinsendam in 2011.

Hey Jude is certainly worthy of celebration.

The meatballs sound interesting.   My alternative is Spaghetti Pomodoro, Lamb Cutlets, and Pistachio Gelato as I enjoyed in MS Oosterdam Canaletto September 28, 2017 as a guest of @Copper10-8.

dishes28.jpg

Virtually finished with my packing and plan to leave soon.

Roy

Have a great trip on the Queen, Roy! Fair Winds and Following Seas! 😀

Queen Mary 2.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

We're about to wind things down.  Once the nurse leaves. I'm heading to the shower.  There is a sign in the door about no vitals or non urgent interruptions between 11 pm and 5 am.  A first. 

Visitors have to pay for room service with a voucher you get in the dining room.  It's cheaper to get food to go from the dining room.  They have me a voucher for free after over charging me and they over charge back, so I'll order breakfast with DH.

Lenda

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're about to wind things down.  Once the nurse leaves. I'm heading to the shower.  There is a sign in the door about no vitals or non urgent interruptions between 11 pm and 5 am.  A first. 

Visitors have to pay for room service with a voucher you get in the dining room.  It's cheaper to get food to go from the dining room.  They have me a voucher for free after over charging me and they over charge back, so I'll order breakfast with DH.

Lenda

Hope you & Steve sleep well, Lenda. May every day get better!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good evening to all.

I thought i would get here earlier than now, however it has been a busy day.

i have not yet read through the thread and will do that next.

Today the Contractor was here to see what is going on with he house and he brought the salesman who sold us the flooring.  It was determined that the flooring is too tight in the bedroom and has to be taken up and relaid.  

So you guessed it.  The Floor Guy has to come back.  You can only imagine how happy I am!

i don’t even want to go into what I went through today.  I ended up getting two more boxes of flooring for free.  That was supposed to make me happy.  I am not sure.  it only means that I was right and they were wrong but did not want to admit it.  

However, I do want to share with you that I love the way my Living Room looks.  The only thing I do not have is the rug.  I won’t have that until after Thanksgiving.  i did promise to post pictures.  So here they are.

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3274.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 26

I'm late to the party tonight.  

Bergen, Norway, is a jewel IMHO!  The second largest city after Oslo, Bergen is hidden along Norway's west coast.  The route into Bergen via cruise ship is beautiful in itself.

I have been there first on the Prinsendam in 2010, next on the Ryndam in 2013, followed by the Zuiderdam in 2019 and finally the Nieuw Statendam this year.  My favorite visit was in 2013 when we visited both the Edvard Greig home and concert hall and the Fantoft Stave Church.  The preferred pier is a close walk to the historic Hanseatic League waterfront shops and the Floibanen incline railway station with beautiful views of Bergen.  Cooler than Oslo in the summer and warmer in the winter, Bergen benefits from the Gulf Stream at its far northern 60 degree latitude.  

• Like 17

52 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all.

Today the Contractor was here to see what is going on with he house and he brought the salesman who sold us the flooring.  It was determined that the flooring is too tight in the bedroom and has to be taken up and relaid.  

So you guessed it.  The Floor Guy has to come back.  You can only imagine how happy I am!

i don’t even want to go into what I went through today.  I ended up getting two more boxes of flooring for free.  That was supposed to make me happy.  I am not sure.  it only means that I was right and they were wrong but did not want to admit it.  

However, I do want to share with you that I love the way my Living Room looks.  The only thing I do not have is the rug.  I won’t have that until after Thanksgiving.  i did promise to post pictures.  So here they are.

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3274.jpeg

Beautiful.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all.

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3274.jpeg

Wow, Terri!   I love your living room.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

That is awesome about the 11 pm  to 5 am rest period.  I wonder if other hospitals are starting to do that.  Usually they keep you awake all night!

I hope you both do get some rest.  Sounds like you’re settled in nicely.   Thanks for keeping us posted.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

That is awesome about the 11 pm  to 5 am rest period.  I wonder if other hospitals are starting to do that.  Usually they keep you awake all night!

When a nursing assistant showed up to draw blood at 4:00 a.m. for the second night in a row, I asked if that was normal. She told me that patients receiving pain medication often wake up around that time, and the nurses check to see whether the patient is ready for the next dose. If the patient is already awake, she would pop in to do the blood draw while the nurse was getting the medication, in order not to have to wake the patient at 6:00 a.m. for it. Blood draws ordered for the night shift had to be done before 7:00 a.m. so that the results would be ready when the doctors made rounds.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Beautiful! 🙂 

• Like 9

Finally finished reading today's posts.  Thanks for all the food and  drink recipes and photos of the port.

Good neighbours are very important, we have very good neighbours,........ we try to be good neighbours. 

Sad that @grapau27  stated "Pass on good neighbours" , have you considered moving house to live in a neighbourhood that is more pleasant?

@Quartzsite Cruiser  pleased that your DH has had the operation,  hope his pain soon settles.  Like the idea of no disturbing the patient at night.

@Cruzin Terri  thanks for sharing the photos of your living room, very smart.  Hope the floors will soon be fitted correctly.

@cruzn single  Bon Voyage.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2