Thursday November 16th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Nobody around us plays the clarinet, but it can certainly add to a piece of music.  I agree with others, every day should be tolerance day.  Does anyone actually use the additional buttons that come with some sweaters/shirts, etc?  I had a ton of them in their little plastic bags that finally went into recycling a couple of years ago.  Today's quote is interesting - Robert Fulghum was a warm and fuzzy kind of guy.

It's clear and cold out this morning; I can see Venus shining brilliantly in the sky, but we've got a temperature of -9C (15F), so anyone who has to walk a dog had better be sure to bundle up.  Grateful that we have a cat who doesn't need walking.

It was funny yesterday at the grocery store - about 1:55 in the afternoon there was the semi-annual emergency alert test and everyone's cell phones were going off with a terrible noise.  There were a few shrieks from some folks, while others just grumbled about it being a big annoyance.  It's good to know it works if needed!

I must tell you - I've seen the website for @kazu's DDDH's bursary and she did a beautiful job of it.  It's a wonderful way to keep Jose's memory alive while helping people in the nursing profession.  I am going to lobby for her to post the link here, as I'm sure you'll all agree with me once you've seen it.

Not much happening here today - time to get my nails done, and DH and his son are heading out to the acreage to check things out.  We are heading over to the friends we'll be cruising with, as this past weekend they were at a function and won a ham, so have invited us for dinner.  It's looking like we'll be having a lovely ham dinner with great conversation at their kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, and in sorrow.   Cheers to all with celebrations.  

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, I agree with @ger_77 and a previous poster that Jacqui please post Jose's bursary here on the Daily.  

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily reports @richwmn.  I used to play the clarinet, I wasn't proficient playing it. When I lived in Baltimore our Principal Clarinetist for the BSO was fabulous.  Every day should be tolerance day, the world would be such a better place for more tolerance.   Thank God the days of getting clothing with those extra buttons are over with once I retired and mainly live in casual wear.  That quote by Fulghrum needs a lot of contemplation, haven't had enough coffee yet.   Thanks to HA I have visited a lot of UNSECO heritage sites.

Thanks for the Cares and celebrations reports @JazzyV, I hope you are feeling better today and had some good sleep last night.   @Denise TI am glad they have your medications straightened out with your new doctor.  It sounds like this one is more on the ball.  @RMLincoln I hope you and DH made it north of Baltimore yesterday and will be on your way to your new home today.   Prayers for Baby Murphy to continue to make gains.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza.   

Another beautiful sunrise today.  I have become such a night owl that I am awake to see it but not awake enough to run outside to get a photo to share.   Today is probably our last warm day for a long time, with snow in the forecast for Tuesday.   Thankfully we have everything in the house we need for our Thanksgiving dinner when part of my family will come over for dinner.   I have a garden club meeting tonight and I am hostessing, meaning I bring food with several other ladies and clean up afterwards.   I may prevail upon them for the cleanup because the Ravens are on Thursday Night Football and kickoff is at 8:15.   I am also trying to get a badly needed hair trim this morning.   Have a lovely day!  Nancy

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a very windy and rainy day at the beach

Weather here is wicked. High winds and rain squalls. Very high surf. Water up to dune crossovers. So there will be beach erosion. Weather suppose to continue thru Saturday. YIKES!

Golf was cancelled yesterday and the course will probably end up being closed for flooding.

I was scheduled for a derm follow up today but DH did not want me to drive to Orlando so I cancelled. We dont often have weather where things are cancelled. It is usually very mild around here.

I am going to go thru my Christmas linens and wrapping supplies today. We werent here for the holidays last year so I forget what I have. Some things probably need to be replaced.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Stay safe, Charlene. It really rained for a short time here. But the wind is wild, and I am 3 miles from the coast!

And I am at the edge of the storm. You are much closer to the thick of things. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24

Good morning,

It is another beautiful day. It would be perfect if it was a bit less windy. Today’s quote is long and I like bits of it. I would enjoy today’s meal. 

I am off to meet with the estate lawyer for DS. I hope to be finishing with it today. I still have a state tax refund pending, but I will pay off his dad’s portion and wait for the refund for me. It still gets me upset when I think of him getting any money since he was the quintessential dead beat dad but I can’t fight the law. 

I have given up the search for missing travel items. I will need to decide if I really need them or not and order new ones as needed. 

Prayers and well wishes and have a great day. 

• Like 29

Good morning, everyone!

Welcome to the daily @Niagarawine.  We hope to hear more from you.

@RMLincoln I hope you had a restful night last night and that today's travels go well.

@kazu I agree that you should post the link to Jose's bursary.  It is extremely well done and a wonderful tribute to Jose.  

@marshhawk Annie, I agree with @smitty34877 Terry and think you need to check in with your own doctor.  

My appointment at the Spine and Pain Clinic went as well as can be expected.  Since it has been two years since I had the last nerve ablation I have to start from scratch and do PT in order to get insurance to pay for anything.  The problem is that someday we'll get the results back on the CT scan I had done last Friday and we will schedule surgery that will interfere with the PT.  In the meantime, they did order x-rays of the back and neck.  

It seems like I am going to sleep every other night.  Last night was another night of turning and tossing.  I finally fell asleep around 2:00 am and slept until 8:00 am.  When I have those nights I always think of @JazzyV and @Cruising-along.  The pain clinic suggested I wear a lidocaine patch to bed to help with the hip pain that usually wakes me up at 4:00 am.  This morning it didn't wake me up until 8:00 am.  

Today's meal is a good one to save so you can use up the leftover Thanksgiving turkey.  You can also make this with a rotisserie chicken if you want it other times of the year.  This first recipe has no soup added to it, so it is a from scratch recipe.  And, if you don't like spinach, leave it out.  You can also substitute kale.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/turkey-tetrazzini-with-spinach/

turkeytetrazziniwithspinach1.thumb.jpg.fb8263be3b9cec2158aafa595f89a81c.jpg

This next recipe uses wide egg noodles and white wine along with adding in mushrooms.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/turkey-tetrazzini-with-spinach-and-mushrooms-3568181

turkeytetrazziniwithspinach2.jpeg.d3aea81ed23bdf2a8e0a62431edc660d.jpeg

This one has a slightly different preparation for the sauce, but equally good, I'm sure.  I like the toasted breadcrumbs on the top.  https://fabulousfaresisters.com/2018/11/29/turkey-spinach-mushroom-tetrazzini/

turkeytetrazziniwithspinach3.thumb.jpg.1b4946c5fed81ac6a0d18ba8759e0189.jpg

I hope this finds you all well.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 13

Wilmington Delaware, had a good breakfast, good beds, wonderful hot shower, poor sleep with incredibly noisy neighbors or people above us until 2am. DH called front desk, something we never do but it was obnoxious, sounded like they were bouncing a basketball.  But onward!  In fresh clothes!  Yay!  It’s a beautiful day!  Should be at NJ place in plenty of time for 2 pm signing party, enough time to review the contacts and the many approvals. 📚 Then unpack the car!  Can’t believe how much we got into it!  

Good luck Lenda!  Sometimes I really miss our 5th wheel trailer!  The good old days!  But these are more good old days happening now!  

Thank you all. I try to click the Thank You icons as I read through, and send blessings!  I tell you it was a miracle in my book that granddaughter was able to get DH’s phone restarted as we were struggling through the traffic in the dark last night!  Being carried by a whole lotta Love! 

Sending out Peace to the world and each of you. Healing and relief to those suffering, near and far.  Strength to those facing trials. Safe passage to all traveling. 🙏

Maureen 

• Like 35

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is a lovely day today.

I missed you all these last few days.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Vanessa for today's lists.

3 interesting days and quote today.

Not sure about today meal and drink but prefer my 14oz steak I had for dinner last night.

Prayers for the safety and good health of all our Dailyites.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

IMG_20231115_195336.jpg

Were you in the same place I was; in a land far far away! Welcome back!!!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Another overcast day and forecast calls for more rain today. We’ll take all we can get. Fort Lauderdale has had enough with over 100 inches this year! Some frustrations yesterday. My one week old I-Phone 15 charging port will not take a charge. Back to T-Mobile who agreed it doesn’t work. Swap out for new one? Nope it’s under warranty need to take to repair shop to look at it. If they can’t fix it then it will be replaced. First appointment available was at 3:20 today at Best Buy. I took some deep breaths and bit my tongue a couple of times but I’m still counting my Blessings!

Seeing my appointment is at 3:20 I’m taking Sue with me and we will have an early dinner out.

Drove through the neighborhood last night and several homes have Christmas decorations up. Not sure why they can’t wait til after Thanksgiving but to each his own. For first time we are not doing any decorations this year due to all our preparations for the World Cruise. There will be no Clark Griswald competition here this year.

Got a late start this morning so I have some chores I need to get done. Thanks for the report and featured post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.526b1149c6beb4e92bdc845d5160b6c8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c77a5fdb3b5a7258bfe3c4ccd22eecfe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21255f815d8c290f9b5cb0e3a4fa3bd6.jpegimage.jpeg.db81b0b2467801af30bf0aaa8c5881e9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.95c38e2a405ca31cca1990fcaf4424ea.jpegimage.jpeg.ca005e7a8b06c54c71668975a9f060f3.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 20

Happy Thursday!  Thank you for the Daily: a place of tolerance.

“Tolerance is an act of humanity, which we must nurture and enact each in own lives every day, to rejoice in the diversity that makes us strong and the values that bring us together.” — UNESCO Director-General Audrey AzoulayIMG_8598.thumb.jpeg.0b0d6998d3c010d221b1bdd0b56686a4.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Another overcast day and forecast calls for more rain today. We’ll take all we can get. Fort Lauderdale has had enough with over 100 inches this year! Some frustrations yesterday. My one week old I-Phone 15 charging port will not take a charge. Back to T-Mobile who agreed it doesn’t work. Swap out for new one? Nope it’s under warranty need to take to repair shop to look at it. If they can’t fix it then it will be replaced. First appointment available was at 3:20 today at Best Buy. I took some deep breaths and bit my tongue a couple of times but I’m still counting my Blessings!

Seeing my appointment is at 3:20 I’m taking Sue with me and we will have an early dinner out.

Drove through the neighborhood last night and several homes have Christmas decorations up. Not sure why they can’t wait til after Thanksgiving but to each his own. For first time we are not doing any decorations this year due to all our preparations for the World Cruise. There will be no Clark Griswald competition here this year.

Got a late start this morning so I have some chores I need to get done. Thanks for the report and featured post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.526b1149c6beb4e92bdc845d5160b6c8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c77a5fdb3b5a7258bfe3c4ccd22eecfe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21255f815d8c290f9b5cb0e3a4fa3bd6.jpegimage.jpeg.db81b0b2467801af30bf0aaa8c5881e9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.95c38e2a405ca31cca1990fcaf4424ea.jpegimage.jpeg.ca005e7a8b06c54c71668975a9f060f3.jpeg

Last cartoon could be a black and white issue. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a beautiful day and temperatures should hit 60, maybe I can sneak outside for a bit and enjoy it. I’d like today’s meal suggestion but would have to substitute something for the spinach.  DH wants to take the grandkids to Target the day after Thanksgiving and they are looking forward to it.  I mentioned that means he’s driving and I got a look. My car is small and wouldn’t fit five.  Since we are driving to PA for the holiday weekend I’m considering pulling the Christmas stuff out of the attic this weekend, a bit early for me. 
I hope everyone has a good day. 

image.png.d107be7e05a54bc444842d35cd3a536a.png

• Like 27
  • Haha 2

Good morning from balmy Hamilton Ontario. The bas strike is settled so the Grey Cup classic football extravaganza can commence. Usually when the West comes to town they bring their horses and cowboy hats. Lots of fun for someone who’s never been out west. The leaves are still on the trees and I am making my slow cooker French onion soup. My recipe is simple,six onions peeled coarsely with a few dollops of butter and equal measure of olive oil( health deal) simmered for an hour . I then add a quart of readymade beef stock(lazy) and some nice red merlot to it with a bay leaf. After my nap I then check its contents and hope for the best. Pour into soup bowls and top with some cheese( whatever is hiding in my fridge) . Oh I forgot put some stale bread on top then the cheese and bake at 400 til bubbly. Add the wine and Bobs your uncle.

I read with trepidation that Fort Lauderdale is drenched with  rain today  and hope everyone there is okay.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Question for everyone.  What is the name of the car service you all recommend for Rome transfers to the ship?  Was it RomeInLimo or RomeCabs?  We used a different company in 2019 for our group of 12 because RomeInLimo was fully booked.  They recommended an excellent company called ItalyPrivatExcursion.com and we booked them instead.  They did a tremendous job and were very reliable.  However I wanted to give my DGD options to check out for their honeymoon trip next September-October.  She let me know today they have booked an RCI cruise roundtrip Rome stopping in Greece, Italy, and Crete.  We are busy texting and emailing information today.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

They are also checking into an Airbnb for a few days and flights from Cincinnati.  

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 18

Flew into Miami yesterday and it was quite the experience.  Sort of like being in a cocktail shaker or as DH quotes James Bond: “shaken and not stirred”.  It was fun to watch the cabin attendants pretending not to have white knuckles.  Oh, what we do for the reward of a cruise on the other end!

After a night disturbed several times by emergency phone alarms about flash flooding and warning of how dangerous it was to go outside we awoke to what is a clearing sky.  Almost partly sunny, rain no longer pelting the 34th floor windows of our hotel room and we discovered that we could see Biscayne Bay clearly from our room!  Did not expect that as yesterday all we could make out were a few buildings.  The morning news informed us that Miami received 7.53 inches of rain yesterday - a record of some sort.

Today we have a couple of errands for things we forgot.  It is actually amazing we got here at all considering that our upstairs neighbors in our condo who are doing major renovations in their apartment broke a fire sprinkler two weeks ago that rained in copious quantities upon our brand new kitchen.  We now have no ceilings in half of our home but the heat fans and dehumidifiers are finally gone - we are waiting for the new wood floors to warp so travel now might be a blessing.  Just not looking forward to returning home to the mess.

But, the good side is that tomorrow we embark Seabourn’s Sojourn.  Our celebration trip of finishing our home is now a recovery trip from the last two crazy weeks -but in the scheme of things we have suffered so much less than so many others these past few years - and we are well.  We are very thankful.  

Though I don’t post often I am an avid follower of the “daily”.  I hope ship internet allows me to continue to follow this thread while on board.  Our hopes and best thoughts to those who are ill and dealing with so many issues.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Clarinets are ok. There should be tolerance throughout the world. I still have my DM's tin of buttons that she kept. I like the quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Saint Pierre and Miquelon. UNESCO is an important organization. I love the Sound of Music, and went on a tour in Salzburg to the film locations.

The last warmer and sunny day today. Yesterday was tough. I did laundry, which already had me in pain. Then I went with BFF to the airport to pick up DD Ruth's DM and a friend of their family. I went into baggage claim, and every step was torture. We chatted with them a bit in their hotel lobby, but it was getting late. I had to come home and eat a little something as I hadn't had dinner. I got about 2.5 hours of sleep. I'm so sleepy and will try to nap shortly, if I can stand being in the recliner. I took some ibuprofen this morning, but don't think it will do much. I'm just taking it easy today. I think I'll try calling the NS office, as I am barely functional these days.

@grapau27 Nice to see you posting again. I hope your phone keeps working correctly.

@StLouisCruisers It's nice that DS is spending time with DDIL and Ren; sad that he was alone on his birthday. Thanks for the nice port photos, despite not feeling well that day.

@Nickelpenny I hope you get some help/answers at the pain clinic today.

@kazu Good job on finishing the bursary for NP's in Jose's memory. I think posting the link would be fine.

@Haljo1935 Interesting dream.

@Denise T That's great that you liked your new doctor. I hope the new meds get your diabetes under better control. Sorry to hear of an expensive sounding plumbing job.

@smitty34877 Hopefully your street won't be disrupted for too long.

@cunnorl I hope there's not serious flooding where you are.

@cruising sister I do hope all with the DS's estate is finished today.

@dfish I hope things start to move along with your treatment. I know PT is wanted before. I can't do much when I go, due to pain. I was reading about recovery from surgery, and all the restrictions on lifting and bending. Hard when one lives alone. I've worn a lidocaine patch that didn't seem to do too much, but I'll give it another shot. I fall asleep ok, but once I awaken with pain, that seems to be it for the night. I can't lay back down in any position without pain.

@RMLincoln An exciting day, as you arrive for good to your new home! Sorry about the obnoxious people above you that kept you from sleeping. Yay for DGD's help.

@aliaschief Ugh on the new phone not working; I hope they can fix it right then, or else give you a new one.

@0106 Great quote.

@Niagarawine Your French onion soup sounds good.

@arzz I'm glad you got to FL safely! Have a great cruise!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those with something to Celebrate.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

Back from physio and catching up.

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

D. H. Elliott 2020 California Sauvignon Blanc 

Another Naked wine entry. Great on any day, but a superb choice for a hot humid day. Naked wine members can pick it up for $11.99.

Distributor notes

Lively, easy-sipping white

This crisp, light Sauvignon Blanc is a food-friendly easy-sipper buzzing with bright tropical fruit flavors and a zesty touch of citrus.

With over 40 harvests under his belt, D.H. is one of the most well-connected winemakers in the business and a pro at scouting out the best deals. With your funding, he brings Angels thirst-quenching treats like this for an absolute steal!

D.H.'s go-to dinner pairing with this fresh, lively white wine is a little grilled chicken with fresh pesto pasta. Bring home a bottle or two and try it for yourself!
This crisp Sauvignon Blanc was made to be enjoyed now.
Chill this refreshing white first and simply take it out of the fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
This Sauvignon Blanc pairs perfectly with grilled chicken and fresh pesto pasta for dinner!

I missed that there was white wine today 😱. It sounds delicious.  Thanks 🙂 

4 hours ago, Denise T said:

Had a great visit with my new doctor. Very thorough and complete. Actually, went over my MRI from September which my old doctor had yet to do. She wants to keep an eye on the adrenal mass. The MRI should the beginnings of issues with my liver and pancreas, so we are going to monitor those. I will be on Jardiance, Rybelsus, and we are going to try extended-release metformin. Also got my flu shot. I will go back in a month. 

So glad to hear your new doctor is thorough and sounds very competent.  Hopefully, she can provide the help you need.

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@kazu

Jacqui, if I request the link to Jose’s bursary, you aren’t soliciting me. 
If you are uncomfortable posting it here, please email me. I believe you have my email address, but “yell”, if you don’t.

Ann

Aww. Thanks Ann. ♥️ 

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I must tell you - I've seen the website for @kazu's DDDH's bursary and she did a beautiful job of it.  It's a wonderful way to keep Jose's memory alive while helping people in the nursing profession.  I am going to lobby for her to post the link here, as I'm sure you'll all agree with me once you've seen it.

Aww thanks Gerry.  That’s very kind of you to say ♥️ 

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning, I agree with @ger_77 and a previous poster that Jacqui please post Jose's bursary here on the Daily.  

Thanks.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@kazu I agree that you should post the link to Jose's bursary.  It is extremely well done and a wonderful tribute to Jose.  

Thanks for the kind words, Debbie ♥️ 

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@marshhawk Annie, I agree with @smitty34877 Terry and think you need to check in with your own doctor.  

I join in that recommendation.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

My appointment at the Spine and Pain Clinic went as well as can be expected.  Since it has been two years since I had the last nerve ablation I have to start from scratch and do PT in order to get insurance to pay for anything.  The problem is that someday we'll get the results back on the CT scan I had done last Friday and we will schedule surgery that will interfere with the PT.  In the meantime, they did order x-rays of the back and neck.  

I sure hope that you see some progress, Debbie 🙏 

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Should be at NJ place in plenty of time for 2 pm signing party, enough time to review the contacts and the many approvals. 📚 Then unpack the car!  Can’t believe how much we got into it!  

Yay!  You are nearly there 🙂 

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Question for everyone.  What is the name of the car service you all recommend for Rome transfers to the ship?  Was it RomeInLimo or RomeCabs? 

Both are good companies.  Personally, I’ve used RomeinLimo for transfers and tours and been very happy with them.

21 minutes ago, arzz said:

But, the good side is that tomorrow we embark Seabourn’s Sojourn.  Our celebration trip of finishing our home is now a recovery trip from the last two crazy weeks -but in the scheme of things we have suffered so much less than so many others these past few years - and we are well.  We are very thankful.  

Bon Voyage!  Have a great cruise and a WONDERFUL time!

21 minutes ago, arzz said:

Though I don’t post often I am an avid follower of the “daily”.  I hope ship internet allows me to continue to follow this thread while on board.  Our hopes and best thoughts to those who are ill and dealing with so many issues.

Please don’t be shy about posting here.  It’s great to hear from you 👍 

• Like 26

Good morning. We did have a bit of rain this morning but it looks like it is clearing up now. Not surprising. Dogs will be pleased as I can take them for another walk shortly.

Little new from here. I need to work on car insurance today as mine is coming due and I think I can lower premiums by switching. So that is first on my agenda. And continue sorting and tossing and putting aside things for packing (that cruise moves closer) and adding to my to do list. Not an exciting day but right now I do not crave excitement.

Back later.

Susan

• Like 25

Happy Thursday.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Very late this morning (actually afternoon in Aruba).  I'll pass on the buttons, enjoy listening to the clarinet, and celebrate tolerance.  I like the quote. 

I will celebrate both of the days in history.  I have seen Saint Pierre and Miquelon from the deck of the Crystal Symphony but we were unable to tender that day.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Garden Salad, Short Ribs, and Ricotta Raspberry Tart as served last night in MS Rotterdam's Club Orange:

dishes15.jpg

After the experience of @arzz I am glad to be far out to sea and have my car high up on parking level 4.  I was in Fort Lauderdale a year ago waiting for Eurodam when Nicole came through and was mostly worried about possible flooding of my car.

Roy

• Like 29

We stopped at today’s destination of the day, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, last year while on the Nieuw Statendam.  We took a ship’s excursion that primarily was a bus ride around the island.  Although the bus seemed pretty new, it had a serious roof leak that caused “rain” to fall on numerous seats when the bus went uphill.  We were able to relocate, but several people took the option to cancel and got off the bus.  During the tour, we saw several numerous colorful houses, a lot of coastline and large warehouses that were built during prohibition, one of which was full with barrels of whiskey.

DSC_9616.thumb.jpeg.c13c63c6260584ff5c650329a67aa4d1.jpeg

DSC_9617.thumb.jpeg.a7879194db5d3abf5cadd856e525f96d.jpeg

DSC_9607.thumb.jpeg.1c8563c92fd2a7ddc87721191a24573b.jpeg

DSC_9603.thumb.jpeg.dcd22b0b5ca4e2af5a2799d733afe54c.jpegDSC_9612.thumb.jpeg.bc382f405ac0c574c83958992380821b.jpeg

DSC_9615.thumb.jpeg.ac4731b4903c94442361b3c8f46a2497.jpeg

DSC_9633.thumb.jpeg.be0b4212c48d0e4dac721c3d5a070703.jpeg

DSC_9631.thumb.jpeg.db66c81ef00b66a2b2c5e728d844b29e.jpeg

IMG_0566.thumb.jpeg.da39aea37d2946fc6041bd21ec7dc4dc.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  I slept all day yesterday, woke up to eat lunch, and then back to bed.  Got up later, ate some crackers and a ginger ale, and then back to bed, I have been waking up at 3:30 every morning since i was so doped up on the ship, and that has not changed.  And then back to sleep, slept until 7 this morning, made coffee ate a frozen sausage biscuit, sat, walked the dog at 10, came back opened the windows it's sunny and I really like the fresh air, but it is only 63.

DH has an appointment with his heart doc tomorrow, I am going to sneak in, and see if he can see me also.  Blood pressure is low in morning and rises quickly, and with all that sleeping and not much eating, I am now down another 4 pounds.  The lung doc called and cancelled my appointment on 12/8, he is only in that office every 5 weeks, not sure I want to wait that long.  Feels like i am low on oxygen. 

And while I didnt quit smoking, I have cut way way down.  I know I need to quit. It is happening.

@grapau27so nice to see your posts.  and food porn.🙂  It does make me hungry.  

I ignore all rants on threads these days, this is the nicest place I know, and this is the only place I go.

@StLouisCruisers The recommendation is for RomeCabs.  We thoroughly loved the service. We took them to the port.  While in Rome we did make it to almost everything except the Coliseum, and when the driver picked us up, I asked if we went past the Colosseum, and he said he would make it happen, found the perfect spot for DH to take his picture!  What a wonderful service!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Since some kind people have requested, here is the website for the bursaries in memory of Jose.  It is an enduring endowment.

https://thecommunityfoundationsj.com/funds/the-dr-jose-ledezma-memorial-bursary-fund/

Lovely!   Thanks for sharing this Jacqui, not only the words but the lovely photos of Jose.   

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  I slept all day yesterday, woke up to eat lunch, and then back to bed.  Got up later, ate some crackers and a ginger ale, and then back to bed, I have been waking up at 3:30 every morning since i was so doped up on the ship, and that has not changed.  And then back to sleep, slept until 7 this morning, made coffee ate a frozen sausage biscuit, sat, walked the dog at 10, came back opened the windows it's sunny and I really like the fresh air, but it is only 63.

DH has an appointment with his heart doc tomorrow, I am going to sneak in, and see if he can see me also.  Blood pressure is low in morning and rises quickly, and with all that sleeping and not much eating, I am now down another 4 pounds.  The lung doc called and cancelled my appointment on 12/8, he is only in that office every 5 weeks, not sure I want to wait that long.  Feels like i am low on oxygen. 

And while I didnt quit smoking, I have cut way way down.  I know I need to quit. It is happening.

@grapau27so nice to see your posts.  and food porn.🙂  It does make me hungry.  

I ignore all rants on threads these days, this is the nicest place I know, and this is the only place I go.

@StLouisCruisers The recommendation is for RomeCabs.  We thoroughly loved the service. We took them to the port.  While in Rome we did make it to almost everything except the Coliseum, and when the driver picked us up, I asked if we went past the Colosseum, and he said he would make it happen, found the perfect spot for DH to take his picture!  What a wonderful service!

Do you have a pulse ox?  They are pretty cheap on Amazon and unless you wear nail polish the low costs ones work great.  I have bad asthma so that gadget is part of my kit I bring on cruises, in addition to a thermometer and Covid tests.   I pray you can get some treatment.  

• Like 18