The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 3rd,

kazu

Back from breakfast. The restaurant was really crowded, had to wait about 25 minutes and was still full when we left.

Next upcoming event is Friday February 9tf is National Pizza Day. @POA1, I had an email from Anthony’s CFP for a dine in only special of a large cheese pizza for $ 10.00.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

It’s sunny in north NJ!  Been weeks of gray but sun will grace us for several days. 

I was up till 4am. I’ve been very tired since the eye surgery trip, even napping some days, very unusual for me. So maybe I was finally caught up? Or maybe worried…. eye pressures are up. Probably part of the healing process but up in both eyes so not sure what’s happening. They are well above target range. DH will have to text his doctors for their advice. 

DH has lots of family in and around Seattle. We visited some on Orcas Island where we had our first kayak adventure borrowing their boats. Got ours not long after. Good memories. 

We like Southern Comfort but haven’t had any in the house since I drank up the whole liquor shelf as we emptied the New Mexico mountain house, made the packing go easier! Movers wouldn’t move liquor so I took on the job!  Took 5 months but I enjoyed every drop.  Love root beer too so I think the combo would work for me!  

Lots of prayers and blessings sent out during the long night and this morning. Especially thinking of Melissa @HAL Sailer, @ger_77Gerri, @Cruzin Terri Terri, @smitty34877 Terry and their loved ones!  And all our cruisers!  Hope the seas smooth out, and thanks to @0106 Tina for the itinerary!  Wonderful pictures too, thanks all!  
Maureen 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good day everyone. Not much time this morning as we are going to the market and shopping with our Executive Chef. Should be interesting and fun. Some of the items he purchases will be enjoyed at a special chef’s dinner tomorrow night.

We arrived in Tahiti yesterday after a very short sailing from Moorea. Only a few miles separates the two islands.

Still hearing discussions from locals and several guest aboard that we may encounter a cyclone next week. If that’s true we may miss a couple of ports of call.

Segment two ends today. Seeing luggage in hallways is exciting knowing we can continue on this outstanding adventure.

Last night’s guest entertainers tribute to Billy Joe was good but I was struggling and in need of sleep.

Headed for coffee and will post a few pics from phone in a bit. Have a great day. Bruce

• Like 28

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My favorite American Artist is.....

Our very own @DeeniEncinitas 

image.png.615d065615da3ac5cca0440fd84b204c.png

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha sis!!

Such a compliment!!! Thank you❤️

Out for brunch with Shawn this am! Saw your response and wanted to send you a pic!! 
All is well here! I read the daily when I can, doing a lot of painting and traveling. Paisley is doing well and here is a current painting from my journal where I take my pictures of my paintings.

Again thank you!

🌺Denise☺️

image.thumb.jpeg.3c3dd2e5e2153ee56e3bd50244ecfb5c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ec78e946ae0709c5ab95794b31eec3f2.jpeg

• Like 27

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Paisley is doing well and here is a current painting from my journal where I take my pictures of my paintings.

Again thank you!

🌺Denise☺️

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture with us. If this is representative of your portfolio,  you are so talented and do beautiful work!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha sis!!

Such a compliment!!! Thank you❤️

Out for brunch with Shawn this am! Saw your response and wanted to send you a pic!! 
All is well here! I read the daily when I can, doing a lot of painting and traveling. Paisley is doing well and here is a current painting from my journal where I take my pictures of my paintings.

Again thank you!

🌺Denise☺️

image.thumb.jpeg.ec78e946ae0709c5ab95794b31eec3f2.jpeg

Lovely painting and photo.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that Puget Sound is the Port of The Day.  A lot of history here.  If you look at @Marshawk's picture of downtown Seattle, the small white pointy tower on the right is Smith Tower.  It as built in 1914 and until the Space Needle was built in 1962, it was the tallest building on the West Coast.  Our family has been here a long time.  My grandmother was born in Seattle in 1867 when the population was about 300, my father in 1897 and I in 1939.  When I got out of the Navy in 1979, we moved back to this area again, so this is home for us.

Ray

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good day from the Koningsdam.  It is a little rocky, but not as bad as the other night.  So far I am handling it okay.  Sue is in bed with a bad migraine.  She did ask for coffee, so that is a good sign.  The Imitrex hasn’t helped yet.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

18 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Interesting that Puget Sound is the Port of The Day.  A lot of history here.  If you look at @Marshawk's picture of downtown Seattle, the small white pointy tower on the right is Smith Tower.  It as built in 1914 and until the Space Needle was built in 1962, it was the tallest building on the West Coast.  Our family has been here a long time.  My grandmother was born in Seattle in 1867 when the population was about 300, my father in 1897 and I in 1939.  When I got out of the Navy in 1979, we moved back to this area again, so this is home for us.

Ray

Thanks for the lesson. You live in a beautiful place.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Segment two ends today. Seeing luggage in hallways is exciting knowing we can continue on this outstanding adventure.

I think that is one of the nicest  feelings on a cruise - seeing luggage in the hallway and knowing yours doesn’t need to be there 🙂 

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good day from the Koningsdam.  It is a little rocky, but not as bad as the other night.  So far I am handling it okay.  Sue is in bed with a bad migraine.  She did ask for coffee, so that is a good sign.  The Imitrex hasn’t helped yet.

I’m glad you are feeling better 👍 But, poor Sue 😔. I hope her migraine meds work for her quickly 🤞 

• Like 19

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

Good Morning Daily Friends from a rocking and rolling sea day on the Oosterdam.  Puerto Madryn was yesterday. About a month ago, I commented that our itinerary had changed and I need to reschedule all of our private tours.  Basically, Punta del Estes was dropped and Isla de Chiloe was added. Here is the correct itinerary.  IMG_8686.thumb.jpeg.fbf7238cba26b70fe2928058f8ab0135.jpegAll outside decks are closed and the captain recommends we have a relaxing Saturday watching movies in our cabins.  I believe the Antarctica lectures at 11 and 1 will be streamed into our cabins.  Check out my live thread if you are interested in my impressions of the cruise.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Tina, is there any way for you to email this itinerary to Rich @richwmn?  I bet he'd like to be able to update the Halfacts.com/daily so that we don't see the wrong itinerary all month.  His email is his screen name at gmail dot com.  Some of the dates of your ports look to be different than cruisetimetables.com has and you know more about it than any of us do.

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

It was delicious 

IMG_1648.jpeg

I love banana splits and wouldn't mind one for breakfast any day of the month!  Good choice!

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from mu 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America and Antarctica cruise.  On February 3 I watched the sun come above Brabant Island near Paradise Harbor:

dawn0203.jpg

Roy

That's a very unique sunrise photo.  Extremely beautiful!  Thanks for posting it Roy!

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

New here. Love this!!! Thank you for all of your time and effort. 

Welcome to the Daily!

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Quick update on my recovery from my lumbar laminectomy & fusion done on Dec. 11 - back is a little tender where the hardware is, left hip & thigh have manageable pain - maybe 1 or 2 pain meds a day.  Back to walking our dog .7 mile a day.  I think for 7 weeks post-op I'm doing ok.

I think you're doing pretty good for 7 weeks after surgery, too.  Keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like some American Painters. No dog here to date. HBD Elmo. Deep quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Puget Sound. 2 good days, and 1 sad day with the plane crash and loss of life. I was too young to know about Buddy Holly, but have certainly heard about him and the others. @kazu and @rafinmd thanks for our start and maps.

It's going to be nice out. It's cloudy now and 34F, but is supposed to be sunny and 45F this afternoon. It's been cloudy for so long! I got about 4 hours of sleep, in segments. BFF is supposed to come over around noon to help me pack up and move some stuff. There is so much, I'm overwhelmed! And I'm sad that after feeling much less pain on Tuesday, it's come back with a vengeance, just when I need to do stuff. Sigh. 

@StLouisCruisers Oh my about the coyote sighting in DD's neighborhood. There seem to be more sightings as development encroaches on the woods.

@kazu Good to hear you're not getting the worst of the weather. Nonetheless, be safe!

@superoma Thanks for the recipes. I use the daring gourmet website for a lot of German recipes, like maultaschen, goulash, etc.

@0106 I hope you're able to get out of your cabins soon and enjoy the ship.

@ger_77 I'm sorry DH had gotten to the point of pulmonary edema; that's serious! The stronger diuretic should help, but they need to come up with a more permanent solution. Again his course is mirroring BFF's Dad's about 15 years ago. 

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear it was a long night, and I do hope you can get some adequate rest and sleep. 

@Seasick Sailor Oliver is enjoying himself!

@1ANGELCAT Breakfast of champions!

@grapau27 Nice photos from your recent cruise.

@Bgwest Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily!

@57redbird Thanks for the update. I hope your recovery continues smoothly.

@Haljo1935 Thanks for the Puget Sound photos.  

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

I hate hearing your pain is so much worse now than it was just days ago.  Please let your BFF do the work for you.  You can sit and offer support and advice and I'm sure your BFF will be happy to do it for you. 😇

Vanessa, unfortunately I have had a text from Susan who tells me her DH and our good friend, Scott, has had more TIAs where he collapses to the floor.  She called 911 and he is at their local hospital undergoing tests.  They say no stroke but she is hoping for some answers soon.  He is not really eating and is frail and weak so she is understandably upset and worried.  Could we have Scott put on the Care list for a while?  I hope something can be done to help him quickly.  We're all very worried!

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  My favorite american artist is Eric Sloane, I love his clouds and New England scenes.

image.png.32be0d99b4b90bb01f33b4e0a3afc5be.png

Now about Elmos' birthday, was this the day he appeared on Sesame Street, or when he was thought of.  How do we really know when his birthday is?

We threw out all the cushions from the porch.  Washed all the blankets, and beds, I need to sweep out the porch, and probably replace the porch rug.  We left the door open last night to air out the porch.  And then we sat down to watch TV.  I noticed movement on the porch-turned on the light, and there was Coal (a long haired black stray) who freaked out when the light came on.  A half hour later, there was a small tiger stray, (we named Tiger) on the porch. 

I think DH really wants to adopt Tiger, but he is afraid that getting another cat will put Tazi over the edge.  And Tiger only shows up around 5 to be fed, and comes back to be fed, and hangs around until about 11, and then goes on his way.  Coal on the other hand lives in our yard.  Is injured but way too wary of humans. 

It's 50 and sunny, and I left a window open last night, so it is pretty cool in the house.

Heading north from Puget sound

IMG_3404.thumb.JPG.6f96490767865e3f976e1d49464bde1e.JPG

Seattle-IMG_3396.thumb.JPG.991b6c0824f2d53a99dcd8f2ea4c6791.JPG

Have a great day all!  I'm going to call out sick today, there is no helping it, if I called you and coughed at you, it would remind you of why you dont want tickets to sit next to other people.

image.png.bc00a76e3abf542d3c95b09cf1fe45b7.png

Annie, hugs to you and Chuck!  You've both been through the wringer this week.  I'm sorry you're so sick on top of everything else.  Good luck with your new little friends Tiger 🐈 and Coal. 🐈‍⬛ They're lucky to have found two cat lovers like you and Chuck!

32 minutes ago, dfish said:

So sorry to hear Sue has a migraine!  I'm glad the seas are calming down some and I hope you both have a good rest of your day and evening.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1