The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 7th, 2024

kazu

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily.

Not sure I can celebrate the mathematical constant e! I'll salute ballet and school plays. Good quote. Maybe on the soup, yes to the drink and the wine. I have been to St. Thomas, VI on Golden Princess, my first ever cruise, celebrating my 50th birthday.

Another sunny day, with a high of 51F. I don't mean to whine, but this pain is just wow. It starts when I'm brushing my teeth and have to sit down. Then I hobble downstairs and try to make coffee. If I sit for an hour or so, then I can get up for short periods of time. When I'm done here, I'll see what I can do in the DR, and see if I can do some from sitting on a chair. Hallelujah, BFF has just offered to come over this afternoon to help me. Two weeks from tomorrow I have my procedure, and I sure hope it helps.

@MISTER 67 I hope the move goes smoothly.

@Cruzin Terri Aww, I'm sorry the bruising has spread and you don't want to go out and about. 

@StLouisCruisers Nice photos of the island and of you. Also thanks for posting Lenda's photos. 

@Crazy For Cats Jake, condolences to Juan and his family on the loss of his uncle. 

@ottahand7 Nice photos. I'm glad your cough is slowly getting better. 

@GTVCRUISER Good photos.

@kazu Thanks for our start today. I'm glad your weather is better for now.

@Mr. Boston Thanks for the photos.

@Haljo1935 My, those meetings sound stressful. And I hope your job is safe.

@0106 That looks like fun.

@RMLincoln Prayers for DH that the eye pressure improves or the doctor has suggestions on Monday. 

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. How are you feeling these days?

@marshhawk If you can't talk to customers due to coughing, maybe time to get looked at?

@kochleffel Thanks for sharing the botanical gardens.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those with something to Celebrate.

St. Thomas, VI

201.thumb.JPG.73e308ce4c48812aa853dd13a6081870.JPG

View from Paradise Point

1672967420_175-ViewfromParadisePoint.thumb.JPG.a1cc7478bb3ee3054555a88569beb5e8.JPG

Blackbeard's Castle on Government Hill

480835676_181-BlackbeardsCastleonGovernmentHill.thumb.JPG.64c2535c99af24cb1db07ef25a139eb6.JPG

Megan's Bay from Mountain Top

249421458_184-ViewfromMountainTopSt.Thomas.thumb.JPG.8530501c747100a2a16964f3f6b615a5.JPG

777709567_185-MegansBayfromMountainTopSt.Thomas.thumb.JPG.6dfa5ccbcc6b0aedd5ae2d156f492648.JPG

"World Famous" Mountain Top Banana Daiquiri

529099970_196-WorldFamousMountainTopBananaDaiquiri.thumb.JPG.9552a449dccbdcd44f2d5f685528a25e.JPG

Shopping area near the dock

198.thumb.JPG.2d26315da19b04d14180e76402dfef12.JPG

Sunset

16852235_208-SunsetinSt.Thomas.thumb.JPG.4a207464106b8505baa2bc4176906c4b.JPG

•  
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 15

The Nieuw Statendam was diverted to Montego Bay today as the Carnival Dream had an incident with the pier at Ocho Rios yesterday, which made the pier unavailable. The rest of the itinerary is unchanged. Interestingly, with the town not expecting a ship today (we are the only ones here), people are coming back with reports of shops and beaches closed. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

32 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I don't mean to whine, but this pain is just wow. It starts when I'm brushing my teeth and have to sit down. Then I hobble downstairs and try to make coffee. If I sit for an hour or so, then I can get up for short periods of time. When I'm done here, I'll see what I can do in the DR, and see if I can do some from sitting on a chair. Hallelujah, BFF has just offered to come over this afternoon to help me. Two weeks from tomorrow I have my procedure, and I sure hope it helps.

Oh dear Vanessa 😢 Just wow on your pain 😢 That’s going to be a long to weeks waiting for your procedure 😔 I wish there was something your doctor could give you that would help with it more until then

I am so glad your BFF is coming over to help you.  You need it.

• Like 16

Happy Humpday everyone. 

To enforce my love of our former S class design ships, today's Times ran this ad for AAA for Alaska cruises. AAA has run a version of this promo as long as I can remember. Notice the now blurred but easily recognized S class ship.

20240207_091029.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

We are rocking and staggering but so far no nausea. 🙏 it’s too early for a report from Captain but the Pacific is challenging one’s balance.

Ate in the dining room last night then we enjoyed a guest entertainer who put on a great show of playing piano and singing.

Have not looked at todays events but I’m betting it all there will not be much Outdoor activities or dance lessons.

Coffee or go back to bed is the question? Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.0bcbc1235f4853c8f0f486fb07faeb8f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66a11d84cd4cb5cf3bdc518bac47ba47.jpegimage.jpeg.49ce08243e3f42c16220aea3fa901cb7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1bac53e8271c38020dadee23d9da0199.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.761560180b9e686587632c923018bf46.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It should be a nice day with temperatures in the the low 40’s.  One of DH’s uncles passed last week and he is heading to Lancaster tomorrow to attend the viewing and funeral.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion, instead we are roasting a chicken.  It will be another busy work day.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.a7a3fb86493797c0abcb9feaeb915061.png

I'm sorry to hear one of your DHs uncles died last week.

Condolences to all of his loving family and friends.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from sunny Honolulu.  This will be quick since wenhave to be on the pier shortly for our HIA tour.

Three interesting days today.

The quote is interesting, and probably true.

We'll pass on the meal and drink.   Dinner will be in Tamarind tonight.  The wine is probably good.

We've been to St. Thimas.  Sandi, @StLouisCruisers thanks for posting my pictures.

Three good days in history.

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It should be a nice day with temperatures in the the low 40’s.  One of DH’s uncles passed last week and he is heading to Lancaster tomorrow to attend the viewing and funeral.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion, instead we are roasting a chicken.  It will be another busy work day.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.a7a3fb86493797c0abcb9feaeb915061.png

Jake, please give our condolences to Juan on the passing of his uncle.

Now, I'll try to read more of the Daily before we leave.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

So good news everyone. I just checked the rest of the menus until feb 20 and no more squash recipes. You all get a reprieve. However, the slow cooker will continue to get a work out.

we have lovely sunshine today and warm temps. 41f headed to 45 and 55 by Friday. Hope everyone has a good day.

Edited by superoma
Spelling
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

After a busy morning calling on customers we had a picnic at the beach.

IMG_20240207_142755.jpg

Ah yes. 

Cost to take picture and post on CC thread;  $.10 cents

Cost to drive to beach; $10.00

Cost to view Grahams dashboard and trash can next to beach; Priceless

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Ah yes. 

Cost to take picture and post on CC thread;  $.10 cents

Cost to drive to beach; $10.00

Cost to view Grahams dashboard and trash can next to beach; Priceless

Screenshot_20240207_181401.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

49 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We are rocking and staggering but so far no nausea. 🙏 it’s too early for a report from Captain but the Pacific is challenging one’s balance.

Ate in the dining room last night then we enjoyed a guest entertainer who put on a great show of playing piano and singing.

Have not looked at todays events but I’m betting it all there will not be much Outdoor activities or dance lessons.

Coffee or go back to bed is the question? Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.0bcbc1235f4853c8f0f486fb07faeb8f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66a11d84cd4cb5cf3bdc518bac47ba47.jpegimage.jpeg.49ce08243e3f42c16220aea3fa901cb7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1bac53e8271c38020dadee23d9da0199.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.761560180b9e686587632c923018bf46.jpeg

Continue to hang in there. Looks like y’all be in the clear soon!

IMG_1683.thumb.png.bb31f7aae530cba9ec83c222804b1c06.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon to all.  Prayers for those in need.

I am finishing up packing for tomorrow but bad news received last night.  DH Bill’s sister in the hospital and needed a blood transfusion.  We don’t know a lot of details yet.  Hoping for some positive news later today.  Prayers for her please.  Katherine 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Continue to hang in there. Looks like y’all be in the clear soon!

IMG_1683.thumb.png.bb31f7aae530cba9ec83c222804b1c06.png

Thanks Bob. This staggering around like a drunk is getting me to think it’s Bloody Mary time!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20240207_133357.jpg

Thank you.  I had no idea what e-day was,

For those who would like to see an approximation of this irrational number:

e = 2.718281828904590

That's all I remember, but as you can see the first two digits can be construed to represent the date February 7--the second month and the seventh day.

And, yes, I'm showing off.

Heads up.  A little more than a month to prepare for pi day.

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good afternoon to all.  Prayers for those in need.

I am finishing up packing for tomorrow but bad news received last night.  DH Bill’s sister in the hospital and needed a blood transfusion.  We don’t know a lot of details yet.  Hoping for some positive news later today.  Prayers for her please.  Katherine 

I am so sorry to hear about Bill’s sister.  Prayers you get good news today and can leave without worrying 🙏 

• Like 10

Good sunny afternoon. I have been to St Thomas many times since 1978z I hope to see it  again someday.

Today is a sad memory day, 4 years ago I lost a special friend Mabel. She was like a second mother to me and a cruising companion. I’m grateful she didn’t have to deal with the Covid situation that would not have allowed me to say goodbye.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 16

Happy Hump Day!  It's 48F and cloudy here.  We have 2 ballerinas in our family, and one of them will be in her school play in April.  They're doing Wonka Jr.  Can't wait to see that!  

We're busy packing, and will see St. Thomas next week, getting excited!  

Hugs, prayers and good thoughts for all that need them, cheers for everyone cruising!  

have a good rest of your day, K

• Like 18

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

For those who would like to see an approximation of this irrational number:

e = 2.718281828904590

WRONG!!!!!!!!

This is so embarrassing.  Should be 2.718281828459045.

I had one of those, "I can't believe I did that" realizations.

Mea culpa.  Mea culpa.  Mea maxima culpa.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

51 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Today is a sad memory day, 4 years ago I lost a special friend Mabel. She was like a second mother to me and a cruising companion. I’m grateful she didn’t have to deal with the Covid situation that would not have allowed me to say goodbye.

Ahh sad day indeed 😔. Happy Heavenly birthday to your second mother, Mabel.  I hope all your wonderful memories help sustain and  get you through the day.  🤞 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Progress report - I took 1 - 300 mg gabapentin at bedtime last night -- only woke up twice because I needed to go to the bathroom, not because of pain!!!  YAY!!! was a little uncomfortable this morning but the last pain med I took was at 2 pm yesterday.  I'm supposed to increase the gabapentin in a couple of days but don't think I will - depending on how I feel.  A couple of tender spots on my leg still but not like before.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4