The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 16th, 2024

kazu

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Joy.

Pauline was 10 years old 52 years ago when her sister aged 16 brought her husband to be to to her parents house.

Pauline is upset that he died aged 69.

He changed 8 years ago and was not the nice person we thought he was.

Sarah is most upset that her parents never reached out to her in the last 8 years and especially his last 5 weeks when he knew he had terminal liver cancer and told neighbours but not us.

She only found out when we were concerned that 2 ambulances 2 paramedic cars and 2 police cars came into our close and we rang her and she rang her mam who finally answered her phone calls to tell Sarah her dad was dead.

Such a sad tale.  I am so thankful Sarah has you and Pauline.  Give Pauline lots of hugs from your Daily friends.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Joy.

Pauline was 10 years old 52 years ago when her sister aged 16 brought her husband to be to to her parents house.

Pauline is upset that he died aged 69.

He changed 8 years ago and was not the nice person we thought he was.

Sarah is most upset that her parents never reached out to her in the last 8 years and especially his last 5 weeks when he knew he had terminal liver cancer and told neighbours but not us.

She only found out when we were concerned that 2 ambulances 2 paramedic cars and 2 police cars came into our close and we rang her and she rang her mam who finally answered her phone calls to tell Sarah her dad was dead.

image.png.f814348a1514c1eb122905592114b6cd.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Every once in a while I see something that just makes me laugh out loud.  This one did it for me today; I hope it brings a chuckle to some of you as well.

Remote.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 19

Posted (edited)

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE DAILY AND ALL THE DAILYITES!

Good morning from a sunny Quartzsite.  It was 41F when I got up, and it's now 44F.  Our predicted high is 61F with clouds moving back in.  I think we'll be finishing the taxes today since the final form is now available.

Somehow, this got posted before I finished, and all the multi-quotes wound up in another quote box. I'll safe this one, and then go to the multi-quotes.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Well, here goes another attempt, and I hope it works without any glitches.  🤞

The Black Press was very important especially when the first Black publication was started.  I'm glad everything is right today.  Freedom of information is extremely important; otherwise, we cannot make informed decisions.

The quote is sad but too often true.

The air fryer rotisserie chicken sounds wonderful.  I've made rotisserie Cornish hens in the air fryer, but not a chicken.  It would be a tight squeeze.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds like a winner.  There is an open box of Black Box Cabernet Sauvignon in the house. 

We have been to Moorea many times beginning in 1996 on Wind Song where we had a wonderful dinner on the open deck including a whole roasted pig.  We were anchored in one of the two bays.

Today in 1792 was not a good day for King Gustav III of Sweden.  It was a good day in 1867 when Lister first published his finding on antiseptic surgery.

@grapau27  Graham, as always, thank you for the information on the black press.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope the Chicago weather cooperates, and the FC Dallas wins.  I hope Ren has a good game.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry your help did not show up today.  It's sad that Tana finds walking so difficult, but it seems she is a fighter. 

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I'm glad you had an easy time checking in for the cruise.  It's nice they have cookies and drinks for you while you wait.  Scary about the shooting so near your hotel.

@MISTER 67  Glad you had a good day on the course yesterday.  

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope Tigger learns quickly, and is accepted by the other cats.

@aliaschief  Bruce, it sounds like your cruise is becoming a mystery cruise.

@grapau27  Graham, the change in Sarah's dad eight years ago is so sad, and I know both Sarah and Pauline are hurt by the way they have been treated.  Hugs to both of them.

@ger_77  Gerry, I love the remote meme.

431004187_781990790619055_93510404497310327_n.jpg.3457247fb07afde542a8f6c951b93141.jpg

431692232_390037700324678_2635839418466976555_n.jpg.7ed80c83f87ace2914719b566dcbd585.jpg

432281503_1578443203010555_6729098411728562025_n.jpg.d8406cde131ac8818dfebfcebfce8159.jpg

432377556_401244629162539_9129638648888770436_n.jpg.da1528040914370261ecdb429f5b42ca.jpg

432380724_402257462394589_7672141721845964964_n.jpg.21187989f2ced767b31823871e74cb15.jpg

432458943_393369056790426_5168382651102402940_n.jpg.b0a69bc5a820f03134fed1d1dd74f69a.jpg

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 16

Good sunny morning . It’s not as warm as yesterday but it’s still better than what is predicted for next week. 
Happy anniversary to the daily and it’s also my CC anniversary.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

We have been to Moorea five times on Wind Star, Princess and HAL.  Most of our pictures are from prehistoric times before digital cameras, but I did find a few.

In 2002 on the APEC cruise on Volendam, Moorea was not a port.  We took the ferry from Papeete to Moorea, and rented a car.  In fact, we've rented cars there every time except 2007.  That time we took a taxi to the Intercontinental Hotel to snorkel.  The reef comes very close to the shore there, and the colors of the fish and coral are outstanding.  

These first pictures were taken in 2007 at the hotel.

IMG_1467.thumb.JPG.e803361b1af7059aac346117586191f4.JPG

IMG_1475.thumb.JPG.7e847884542d15033f5dd6f5b35540a2.JPG

IMG_1476.thumb.JPG.656b2f289edaf1fe96e034500a68f61a.JPG

These were from our drive around the island in 2002.

IMG_2226.thumb.JPG.a3bdde623a3d14a60d8d407ae10041ca.JPG

IMG_2228.thumb.JPG.79387467f5607a95e13054bba4ab6320.JPG

IMG_2230.thumb.JPG.9e481841e0cfa5aecd5b88c63e7c70de.JPG

We stopped at a park where a tour was watching a feast being prepared.

IMG_2233.thumb.JPG.614afda3477045daa2c5b90dcf32c01b.JPG

IMG_2234.thumb.JPG.1ee9a9109136d9022170f03de5816036.JPG

A young man carrying on an ancient craft.

IMG_2236.thumb.JPG.bd2a0fb2351aa76ee456dbeaec4caa9c.JPG

Moorea is our second favorite port after Bora Bora.  The night in Moorea on Wind Song, dinner was a barbecue on deck complete with a roasted suckling pig.

In 1996, on the Wind Song, anytime the pilot was not on one the bridge, passengers could walk into the bridge.  One evening, probably in Bora Bora, we did and started talking to the young deck officer.  He even took us out on the bridge wing and pointed out the Southern Cross and other constellations.

Fast forward to 2016 on the Prinsendam and a talk with Captain Tim Roberts.  In 1996 he was a young officer on Wind Song.  We all decided it was probably Captain Tim who was the young office we talked with 21 years earlier.

It really is a small world.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

DH found his videos and stills taken in 2007 when we were snorkeling off the beach at the Intercontinental Hotel.  Some of these pictures are stills and some are screenshots of the videos.  It is easy to see how shallow the water was.

SANY0015.thumb.JPG.394cb3a476b29a98acf9b6b4ff361bd3.JPGSANY0020.thumb.JPG.1e5b4e5306394f1574ed6929944695eb.JPGSANY0031.thumb.JPG.26997e47aadbfb1f95f3c48be03dbd2d.JPG

175405218_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.d6be36f51bec649e74f658a14b2d15a9.png1296273071_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.ad1e2225e0bd20aef4a378bbd87d2546.png

This is the hotel looking from the reef.

SANY0006.thumb.JPG.9de718e318a16876facd4d88b8db6f5d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning from a warm and cloudy day at the beach

Happy Anniversary to the Daily! It is a wonderful caring thread and one of the very few that I read on CC. Special thanks to all who keep this going.

I have been to Moorea twice, 2019 on the Eurodam and 2022 on the Noordam. Beautiful island with very welcoming people. First time did an island tour,.In 2022 it was a very rainy day so stayed pretty close to the port. 

@grapau27 Graham, Sorry to hear what you, Pauline and Sarah are going thru. Sometimes there are no explanations for human behavior. Stay strong and know that you are all cared about by all of us.

@Crazy For Cats @RedneckBob @Suslor   Bon Voyage to all of you. Havea wonderful time!

I am cooking Corn beef and cabbage today. Tomorrow we are going to the Community theatre to see Sweet Charity.

Stay safe and enjoy Today

Charlene

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily. Happy 4th Anniversary to the Daily! And thanks to @richwmn for creating it.

I'll salute Black Press and Freedom of Information. I hope everything I do today is right. Good quote. I like the meal (I've never done a whole chicken in the air fryer), pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Bahia d Opunoha. 1 sad and 1 good day in history.

It's cloudy and in the 40's. But at least dry for the St. Patrick's Day parade this morning; one of the largest in the country. I got about 4.5 hours of sleep, but had a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon. Some pain and numbness in the leg, which is a bit concerning. I still have a bit of a cough, but otherwise feel good from the respiratory illness. I will still be sorting through stuff in the dining room. I plan to make some bran muffins with raisins later.

Bon Voyage to @Suslor @RedneckBob @Crazy For Cats !

@Nickelpenny Welcome home, and congrats on a profitable cruise!

@Mtn2Sea Welcome home!

@Denise T Good to hear both Chase and Fiona are doing well.

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear that you all are on your own today. Also I'm sad that Tana is so limited by her oxygen needs; I'm sure it's frustrating for her, but good for her for trying every day. Prayers for you all.

@Crazy For Cats Yikes on a shooting that close! 

@StLouisCruisers Great Moorea photos. 

@kazu I do so hope you get an answer to your pain; I know all too well how living with pain is not very good. 

@MISTER 67 Congrats on the golf wins.

@aliaschief Sorry to hear about more changes. How does closing 2 specialty restaurants help with fuel conservation?

@grapau27 It is so sad to hear about the family dynamics and how it is now affecting you, Pauline and Sarah.

@1ANGELCAT Happy CC Anniversary!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Wonderful Moorea photos!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

28 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings to all!

Here is a link to that first Daily four years ago.  I am chuckling at the comments.  We were so hopeful Covid would be a quick thing.  

The First Daily

Ha ha!  There it is...Act Happy Day!  We managed to through all of Covid!  💪

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings to all!

Here is a link to that first Daily four years ago.  I am chuckling at the comments.  We were so hopeful Covid would be a quick thing.  

The First Daily

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

WOW!! This brings back so many memories especially reading from every one in the Daily! This was such a lifesaver for all of us!! I remember my Joy and I becoming so close back then!!

This was a stressful time for many trying to get back home! 
March 11th will always be a day for me to remember trying to get off Rotterdam in PV to get home!

HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY TO THE DAILY!🎉

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Denise

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We left the hotel at 9:20. Everyone was there early and we left.  No additional stops and we were at the ship by 9:45.  Security and check in was fast, no lines. For the first time in a long time the crew is setting up drinks and cookies in the waiting area. 

Yay on your smooth check in, Jake & on the cookies and drinks 🙂 

Enjoy your pie 🙂 

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Some days one wonders if we are snakebite. So many changes on our World Voyage. The latest is we are in fuel conservation mode. Between some strong seas, currents, use of stabilizers and a port that was unable to refuel us we are having itinerary changes and fuel saving measures onboard.

We are now forced to take on fuel in Cebu, Philippine which will make our visit to Manila and Hong Kong one day versus two day’s in each port. Sorry for our Filipino crew who had made plans to see family in Manila. We have asked management if a fund could be established to help crew with some of the travel and accommodation expenses they may lose in trying to see their families in Manila.

It is what it is but between the war in Israel and Ukraine, Red Sea and now this have many wondering what’s next in itinerary changes and schedule.

In order to conserve fuel they have closed the two specialty restaurants for next two days.

Guess we will not get to see or do much in Manila or Hong Kong.

We will cope with this and still maintain smiles. 
Thanks for the report and post. Bruce

Such a shame, Bruce.  You sure have had a lot of twists and turns.  Love your attitude 👍 

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings to all!

The First Daily

thanks for the nostalgia, Debbie  👍   The Daily sure has grown since then 🙂 

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings to all!

The First Daily

Memories! I began reading the Daily a few months after it started. I finally came out of lurking mode and made my first post on Dec 31, 2020, to wish everyone Happy New Year.

• Like 22

Posted (edited)

I’m sitting in aline of cars at Caernarvon fc waiting for the gates to open for the drive thru pick up for Turkey dinner. 
It’s always delicious.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning . It’s not as warm as yesterday but it’s still better than what is predicted for next week. 
Happy anniversary to the daily and it’s also my CC anniversary.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

HAPPY CC ANNIVERSARY!

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

Greetings to all!

The First Daily

Debbie, thank you so much for finding and posting the First Daily.  At that time, I was not a follower of Rich's @richwmn Fleet Report.  DH started reading the Daily in late May or June after we returned to Texas.  He suggested I start reading it, and I was a lurker for a while  until DH said there was a question I could answer.  And as they say, the rest is history.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Bon voyage RedneckBob. Wait, that’s me! 

Also Bon voyage to crazy for cats & susior!

Also welcome home nickelpenny who I call Moneypenny which is more appropriate after your Big wins on your cruise!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 14