The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 9th,

Good morning everyone.  It started out sunny and 53F here but it’s supposed to cloud over for most of the day.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.   Three nice days to celebrate.  I agree with today’s quote.  I’ll pass on today’s meal and drink suggestions.  I have not been to today’s port.  Praying for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today!🎉

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It got really warm yesterday but today will only be in the seventies.The City workers arrived early this morning to begin sidewalk and road repairs related to the gas pipe line work. Once again I bargained with the flag man and police officer on the corner to let the hospice nurse come down the street and park in our driveway.She arrived a while ago and was glad she didn’t have to walk for blocks and blocks to get here.

The crustless quiche recipe looks good to me and could be an option for tonight. Thanks to Debbie @dfish. I have been to Norway but not Flam. I will celebrate Europe day. I will celebrate heroes every day.

@cat shepard, Ann, you are such a kind person but please don’t worry about me. I have help for the lifting and we are now pooling financial resources to get more help. I think my aching body was telling me very strongly that I am not as able as I used to be. We just have to be more creative in our use of younger bodies more able to do what I used to do. And I have to recognize that this is beyond what I can do right now…..Thank you so much for your supportive and accurate words!

@Nickelpenny, Pennie, I am sorry that you are discouraged but hope the scheduled procedure is able to help . It is a tough place to be in. Sending hugs.

Enjoy the day all.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Wow, 3 HAL ships in Ketchikan today!  I’d try to check a port cam around 3ET but I may not be in. I have a dermatologist appt early afternoon then a COVID shot. I’m so glad it’s all on campus, and that I am able to walk there… I could take our bus if needed but the walk is better for me. I’ll take the outdoor route today but there is an indoor route if needed. All the buildings on campus are connected by indoor links (I call them sky bridges). 

Cheers for Europe, Home Front Heroes and Moscato - my last wine that I don’t react to!  I’d really enjoy the quiche, and a Cosmo sounds good to me, never had one!  Thank you Debbie and Dixie 

I couldn’t get into CC last night, nada. I was glad to see it again today but had to remember how to sign in 🙄

Slept pretty well after my stomach calmed down, impressive rumbling after supper!  Back to normal today, and keeping up the near-hourly regime for DH’s eye. We have a financial webinar on estate plans right up to the time I need to scoot over to medical. Full day. 

Sandi, never a good time to lose a fridge but better now than while you’re gone!  I lost a freezer once, horrible ness to come home to. Smooth pickup of your rental today. Love the Flam pix!  We didn’t get there but we enjoyed our train ride from Oslo to Bergen for our Hurtigruten cruise. Beautiful mountains and high country vista. 

Pennie, you are such a great planner!  Here’s to the 50% chance this surgery will help!  Prayers for Amazing!  

Annie, glad you have a ride to the doctor’s. Hoping you get some helpful guidance. 

Terry, hoping today is better for you and Tana and the team. 

Jacqui, we’re sending you love. 

Debbie, Nancy, Lenda, Vanessa…. Safety and protection for all in storm watches!  The alert systems have improved so much and are reducing casualties but not the heartbreaking damage. And every life lost is tragic; many of the injuries are heartbreaking themselves, often life changing.  Take precautions and stay safe. 

Blessings all, to you and yours, our country, your country and all those in distress. For all the doctor visits today and those in hospitals. 

Cheers for all celebrating, you remind us Life is Good🌈

Looking forward to Bruce’s safari! 🦓🦁🐆

Enjoy something noteworthy today! Thanks for being here !
Maureen 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a very humid central Texas.  We keep the house cool at night for better sleeping, and when I opened the blinds this morning, there was heavy condensation on the outside of the windows.  Now, that it is brighter, I can see across the street, but it is still through a curtain of wet.  According to the Weather Channel app it is foggy and 76F.  Naturally, the humidity is 100% with a dew point of 76F, so my quick trip to the store will be delayed a bit.  The good news is our high is supposed to on[y reach 81F, but we are in for some thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.  We are also getting a severe weather risk statement, but since that comes from Fort Worth, it covers most of the DFW metroplex, and we're on the southern edge of that area.  I will move the outside furniture in the port to an area where it won't blow into the cars.  After three busy days, today will be easy with catching up on computer work.

There are three good days to celebrate.  The beginning of the foundation for the European Union, Home Front Heroes, and Moscato are all worthy days.

I like the Euripides quote, and I take it to mean that while there are other important people in our lives, we can only live our life and cannot live other peoples' lives.

The quiche sounds good, but I might change the cheese and add bacon.  Someone else can have my Cosmopolitan, but the wine, all three, sound very good.

We visited Flam in 2005 on Marco Polo and had an interesting tour.

The breaking of the Enigma codes at  Bletchley Park in 1941 was the breakthrough Britain and the allies needed to win WWII.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope the weather clears before you have to leave to pick up your rental car.  I'm glad you have a backup refrigerator.  

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the information about Europe Day.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope all goes well tomorrow.  I guess everyone reacts differently to laughing gas, but when I had it for a root canal, I was able to drive home afterwards.  But I was much younger then.

@Nickelpenny  Penni, I'm sorry your had such a stressful week and a half, but glad you now have a plan for the surgery.  Remember if there is a 50% chance the surgery won't help with the numbness and pain, there is a 50% chance it will help.

@cunnorl  Charlene, that is nice you met someone who can give you information about the world cruise.  

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you have younger ones to help with the lifting, and are pooling your resources to get more outside help.  I think we are all learning we can't do everything we used to be able to do easily.  It's not an easy lesson for any of us.  HUGS!

439941756_1528770857675099_51353202196953265_n.jpg.a4fc7c28c40f63aaecd96df73e759c87.jpg

439999441_400747166170469_1008483586360049888_n.jpg.e9c39ee56314047dca0e3fbdaad1fea0.jpg

440607353_879374994235063_2611403458532649529_n.jpg.1a08fed5f01d223d42c3fc19f72aea19.jpg

440783050_294643960355602_9045032546219209479_n.jpg.11be9ce7a34f5ef9037b0c6bd3ff40b7.jpg

441030325_293355540484444_6240900780669079743_n.jpg.801f5481f4d27f35d2f0b81ca1420e67.jpg

442424195_7591358410921507_1753529394834628253_n.jpg.4bb88eeaeaef76ca90b9e053e7ea5f20.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 11

We were in Flam in 2005 on the Marco Polo.  We took the train up to Myrdal where we had time to walk around and have lunch before boarding a bus to Gudvangen where the ship met us.

All my pictures of Flam were taken from the ship.  I'd like to go back some day and explore the town.

IMG_5432.thumb.JPG.2839ff82e15b57733487d9ce56c4a949.JPG

IMG_5434.thumb.JPG.49e19a4971ff8538379ced4283f6a308.JPG

IMG_5437.thumb.JPG.96aaa54c2806448eff7d830c4c47022b.JPG

IMG_5440.thumb.JPG.9c661cc0ef585e1a2983464298b2c1c6.JPG

The train

IMG_5444.thumb.JPG.cfcf1a5bb66279afef32695465096871.JPG

IMG_5446.thumb.JPG.d8e297a02eaf83236b567941a66a8c94.JPG

IMG_5452.thumb.JPG.c2bc0f15d0245c81495df529520c2008.JPG

Here are some pictures of our walk around Myrdal, a pretty mountain town.

IMG_5456.thumb.JPG.84381d6a40786ce34d10a1a10cd485b0.JPG

IMG_5457.thumb.JPG.ee17d5cb6b561d1a922eacb32896b1c6.JPG

IMG_5458.thumb.JPG.6d7a5364079adc97ec17915a88e7eb1d.JPG

IMG_5463.thumb.JPG.623d8f91b7c0af70bb4c7a3417cb0413.JPG

IMG_5464.thumb.JPG.d56eaeb4e6c4630b337aa69cad8eea0e.JPG

IMG_5475.thumb.JPG.5b013745d3b3c02d18d0697c637bdb56.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  I’ll celebrate Europe and Home Front Heroes but pass on the Moscato.

I like the quote.

A great day in WW2 history.  I have not been to Flam.

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Sweedish Pork Medallions with Apple Mushroom Compote and Lemon Tart with Blueberry Ice Cream, my Mariner Brunch on Nieuw Statendam April 22, 2019:.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.64c6fb81215b787890ff3

Back to cool today, with possible storms tonight..

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Will figure out how to celebrate Europe Day, definitely appreciate Home Town Heroes, and DH enjoys Moscato, so we're all good.  I've read a couple of books on the code-breakers and found them fascinating.  I think @marshhawk and I are on the same page; when I saw Euripides, the first thing I thought of was his mother who MUST have been named Ifixades.  Sad, isn't it?  LOL

Another bright sunny day here on the "frozen tundra" and as I look out the computer room window, I see hints of green starting to form on the tall poplar trees behind our house.  Today might be the day we uncover the fountain and get it ready for another season.  I called our lawn fellow yesterday and he's not able to come until Saturday, but after that will come weekly on Thursday or Friday so it looks good for the weekend when we normally have visitors.  

Sending good wishes to @marshhawk and @Nickelpenny for your upcoming dental and medical procedures; I hope both are successful.

@smitty34877I'm happy to hear you've got help from the younger ones - we can only do so much by ourselves, and finally have to let others assist as well.

Not a lot happening here today - I'm having lunch with a friend who will be retiring at the end of June.  It'll be fun getting together with her and hearing about her plans for travel, as she's been putting it off until she retires.  I think Australia is one of the locations she's hoping to visit, but she may have to convince her husband that's a good place (he hates spiders and poisonous snakes, and of course, has read all about them).

I'd definitely enjoy the drink of the day, would like the wine, but it's a little pricey, and think today's menu suggestion is one that would make a great brunch entree.  I've got salmon thawing in the fridge that I'm planning on doing the same way as the Everything Bagel chicken with potatoes, etc., for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in the paths of devastating storms.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

The quiche would be OK, with Lactaid. Tuesday was Cosmopolitan Day, so the drink may be somewhat familiar. For the wine, I'll go with a 2022 Cabernet Franc-Zweigelt blend from Three Brothers.

Today in History:

1941 British intelligence at Bletchley Park breaks German spy codes after capturing Enigma machines aboard the weather ship Muenchen

I visited Bletchley Park, a short trip from Euston, during a visit to London a few years ago, and I recommend it.

The last assignment grades from my Hartford course are in, which is fortunate for the students who need the credit to graduate since that takes place today. I seem to have giving the course-management system conniptions by ending up with 108% out of a possible 100. That happened because I completed an extra-credit assignment that I turned out not to need.

Fwdbark.jpg.c47e909f572b4138033de1cff31dd017.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 5

Good morning Daily-ites 

We will have upper 80's today and strong to severe thunderstorms this evening.

Claudio and his guys came yesterday. Our magnolia tree will be OK. Apparently when we had rocks put around the trees the drip line was cut. They also fertilized all the plants and trees and I'm set to begin summer.

Tonight is girl's game night. I'm making chicken enchilada dip. I was supposed to make it last week but my car battery died and was in the shop.

It was an eventful night for Oliver. He chewed my new reading glasses and shredded the papers I was reading before bed.. He gave me his cute innocent looking 👀 like "I wonder how that happened?"

Sending prayers to all on our cares lists. Vanessa, great job, and happy you are feeling better. Hope BFF has good news today.

Sandi drive safely. I'm excited for your upcoming cruise. Hoping you have good reception and can share some pictures along the way!

Terry, thankful you are getting some help from the other family members. How is your shoulder?

Wishing our Daily friends a blessed day.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Sunny and cool and it looks like that weather will stick around for awhile although possibly some showers. I am pretty stiff today from helping get the neighboring condo cleared but Margaret and I made a major dent in the work... especially Margaret who really did most of the lifting. I will take a huge load of stuff out to the thrift store this morning. Fortunately today is a trash day so the dumpster will be emptied for more tossing. She hopes to head back to California on Friday afternoon...driving as far as Flagstaff for an overnight.

Hope all medical appointments go well today. I need to schedule a couple for myself. No rush though.

Back later after the thrift store run.

Susan

• Like 24

Thanks for asking Joy. The shoulder is easily irritated but not as painful as the last week. Enjoy your Ladies night and the dip! 
Our ten year old Fred gleefully shreds any paper he finds ! I always wonder why but he is very happy with dropped tissues and such.Sorry about your glasses.

• Like 20

Good morning Dailyites!  Must be quick as the cleaning lady will be here soon, and I must today up before she arrives.  Interesting day - my aunt was at Bletchley Park - we found her name on the list of codebreakers.   She never spoke a word about it and died before the secrecy code expired.   

We have been to Flam on Ryndam, it was a great cruise, we had DD with us, and were in  Neptune suite.  I took pictures of sod roofs and trolls at each port, here is my Flam troll -

P1020665.thumb.JPG.6f56250f94bd8d3f60461ac27de64e39.JPG

DD has headed over to the Mainland to see friends, she will be back tomorrow. She took our car, so we are pedestrians today.  So things will be easy here, we will eat leftovers.  The reservoir is down to 97%, I don't know what is going to happen through the summer, we will probably have even more water restrictions,  It's supposed to go up to 23 (75?) today.  I planted my beans the other day and another row of radishes.  And yesterday I moved the block wall in front of my vegetable bed so I have another 3 inches!  Space for parsley and some marigolds.  I might do some weeding in the flower bed today.

Such a lot going on with the Dailyites, health wise  - I'm thinking of you all, and hoping things go well.  

• Like 23

Good morning, 

We're having a lovely day today with a projected high of 71. I can handle that. The long range forecast doesn't have any rain in it so this could be a sign that Spring is really here. 

Thank you, again, for all the kind thoughts yesterday. I did well and though I of course miss DD DH tons I was able to get through the day and carry on. Now the last "First" will be June 27th which was the day he passed. 

Today is staying home. I'm looking after the dog next door and have already walked over, fed her breakfast and let her out for the day. That added 1000 steps to my pedometer since I went the long way. I am going to make a lemon pound cake to take to the widows support group potluck tomorrow and probably a batch of chocolate chip cookies. It's time to move the Spring clothes over to the closet so hope to make a dent in that task. 

Moscato was DD DH's favorite but I'm more of a Riesling fan. I found the Moscato a tad too sweet. 

Happy Thursday!

Karen

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

The sun is shining brightly, we'll have another beautiful day in the PNW.  Up to 80 tomorrow and Saturday.

Yesterday 3 neighbor ladies and I had a 5-hour gab-fest in my yard -- fun!  To celebrate our first get-together since getting home from the GANZ, I even served some of the NZ Sauvignon Blanc we had shipped home from the cruise.  When that got near the bottom I brought out the Oyster Bay SB I had lol.  The consensus was they preferred the one we can't get here (the wine we had shipped here).  

I would like to try the drink, but will pass on the red wine.  Quiche sounds really good to me, so that's what we'll be having tonight along with a salad.  I'll substitute parmesan and mozzarella and add a little bacon.  Also I prefer to make my own crust, so will do that too.  Sounds yummy!

We've been to Norway but not to Flam.  Thanks for all the photos!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear about the fridge problems, but it's good that it happened now when you can do something about it.  Sounds like you did everything right!

@Nickelpenny I hope the procedure helps -- sending hugs!

I'll be out in the garden today enjoying this gorgeous day.  

Cheers to all on the celebrations list and prayers for all on the care list.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good cloudy and chilly afternoon. Showers are expected later and rain tomorrow. 
Houdini is about the same. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the pictures of Flam.  Made me very excited for our Best of Norway cruise on the Rotterdam in August.  We will be using part of our HIA credit to take a 6 hour tour that begins with scenic bus ride up to Voss where we will board the Bergen railway and finally transfer to the Flam railway.

Positive thought to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

SpaceHook wants to show me a video that begins "My dog accidentally ate a whole bag of scrabble tiles."

Accidentally? I think that the dog ate them on purpose.

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

We've made real progress here today.  Most is packed up, I stopped the mail for the next 30 days, and posted a review of our stay at the house we rented last weekend.  The host will be able to add a rebuttal.  Not sure how he can blame anything on us.  We didn't plant the roaches there!  Leaving in 90 minutes to drive to Atlanta to pick up the car and return home.  Finish up some chili for supper, unload the dishwasher and will probably think of something we didn't do last minute.  LOL!  Water to the house will be turned off near the street and lines drained so hopefully no problems with water during our absence. Thanks for all your words of encouragement and good wishes for our drive tomorrow.  I will hopefully be able to check the Daily late afternoon or evening on Friday.  

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser to give you a head start tomorrow, the links to the port are currently on pages 503 (March 24, 2021) and 313 (Aug. 11, 2022).  My photos are not available since they go back to March 2021, so I can post something later in the day probably.  You will probably run across that while I'm gone several times.  I hope to be able to post from the ship, but there will be a few times I won't be available due to tours, etc.  If I don't post photos you can do it for me while I'm gone if you like.  You'll be sick of that by the time I return! 🙂

• Like 17

Posted (edited)

Good days today and very important day in history. Pass on the meal but sub broccoli for the spinach & add 🥓 and other cheeses and I'd be in, yes to the drink & wine, not been to the port and am enjoying the pictures. 

Tuesday neurologist appt was frustrating - he understands why I have not started the med he prescribed but is confused why insurance denied it. He says the dosage he wants me to take is 1/4 the accepted max and it's neither new, experimental nor expensive. So rather than switching to a different one, he cut the dosage in half (so now 1/8 the accepted max) to see if ins will approve; if so, he'll increase it from there. He referred me to OT to see if they can help me learn to handle computer work & get me through a full day.  Lastly, he would not sign the FMLA or Accom papers saying I need to get & work an OT plan first and see how I respond to meds. That still leaves me off work w/o pay and my employment unprotected. Ugh.

Pharmacist cautioned me that even at a very low dose I should take 1st of the pills at night due to extreme 💤 and to be aware they could make me "loopy." How a person is supposed to work 12ish hours on a computer being "loopy" and fall-alseep-in-your-mashed-potatoes tired is something I cannot comprehend. 

Hugs @smitty34877 @RMLincoln @Nickelpenny @luvteaching

Safe travels @StLouisCruisers. Prayers 🙏 @StLouisCruisers and others in path of tornadoes stay safe.

I planned to make a meatloaf yesterday but decided I didn't want to heat the kitchen up and today is no better, so I have to find something else to do w/the pound of ground beef that is thawed.

Currently muggy 81° headed to 84°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240509_113446.thumb.jpg.57b6ceadee884c0a14cafd5d6d593872.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8

Good afternoon.  The last time I checked, the predicted rain is not supposed to start until 6pm with a strong thunderstorm.  I know I've said this before, but our rain predictions are a moving target, and many times no rain.  After living here for 25 years, all but two outdoor lights need replacing or need new bulbs.  The other two lights were replaced about ten years ago.  I have been looking on line at light fixtures, to get an idea of what's available.  Since most of the fixtures are in the rv/carport which has very high ceilings, we are looking at replacing the fixtures with ones that use LED bulbs.

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

We will have upper 80's today and strong to severe thunderstorms this evening.

Claudio and his guys came yesterday. Our magnolia tree will be OK. Apparently when we had rocks put around the trees the drip line was cut. They also fertilized all the plants and trees and I'm set to begin summer.

Tonight is girl's game night. I'm making chicken enchilada dip. I was supposed to make it last week but my car battery died and was in the shop.

It was an eventful night for Oliver. He chewed my new reading glasses and shredded the papers I was reading before bed.. He gave me his cute innocent looking 👀 like "I wonder how that happened?"

Sending prayers to all on our cares lists. Vanessa, great job, and happy you are feeling better. Hope BFF has good news today.

Sandi drive safely. I'm excited for your upcoming cruise. Hoping you have good reception and can share some pictures along the way!

Terry, thankful you are getting some help from the other family members. How is your shoulder?

Wishing our Daily friends a blessed day.

Joy, I'm happy the magnolia will be all right.  

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Sorry to be so sporadic but when travelling…..  th aka for all the kind comments about DS.     Now we’re off to see my aunt who’ll be 100 next month

@luvteaching glad the day was ok!  
@smitty34877 sending  hugs your way!  And to @Nickelpenny

some photos of Bletchley and the enigma machine

IMG_2626.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the pictures of Bletchley Park and the Enigma machine.  I would like to see them sometime.

32 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We've made real progress here today.  Most is packed up, I stopped the mail for the next 30 days, and posted a review of our stay at the house we rented last weekend.  The host will be able to add a rebuttal.  Not sure how he can blame anything on us.  We didn't plant the roaches there!  Leaving in 90 minutes to drive to Atlanta to pick up the car and return home.  Finish up some chili for supper, unload the dishwasher and will probably think of something we didn't do last minute.  LOL!  Water to the house will be turned off near the street and lines drained so hopefully no problems with water during our absence. Thanks for all your words of encouragement and good wishes for our drive tomorrow.  I will hopefully be able to check the Daily late afternoon or evening on Friday.  

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser to give you a head start tomorrow, the links to the port are currently on pages 503 (March 24, 2021) and 313 (Aug. 11, 2022).  My photos are not available since they go back to March 2021, so I can post something later in the day probably.  You will probably run across that while I'm gone several times.  I hope to be able to post from the ship, but there will be a few times I won't be available due to tours, etc.  If I don't post photos you can do it for me while I'm gone if you like.  You'll be sick of that by the time I return! 🙂

Sandi, safe travels to Atlanta today and safe travels tomorrow.  Thanks for the help with the links tomorrow.  I messed around last week finding links for the days you were in Florida, so I think I have figured out what will work best for me.  I'll be happy to post any pictures of yours I find if you haven't beaten me to it.  Don't worry about the links, just have fun and enjoy your cruise.

4 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Good days today and very important day in history. Pass on the meal but sub broccoli for the spinach & add 🥓 and other cheeses and I'd be in, yes to the drink & wine, not been to the port and am enjoying the pictures. 

Tuesday neurologist appt was frustrating - he understands why I have not started the med he prescribed but is confused why insurance denied it. He says the dosage he wants me to take is 1/4 the accepted max and it's neither new, experimental nor expensive. So rather than switching to a different one, he cut the dosage in half (so now 1/8 the accepted max) to see if ins will approve; if so, he'll increase it from there. He referred me to OT to see if they can help me learn to handle computer work & get me through a full day.  Lastly, he would not sign the FMLA or Accom papers saying I need to get & work an OT plan first and see how I respond to meds. That still leaves me off work w/o pay and my employment unprotected. Ugh.

Pharmacist cautioned me that even at a very low dose I should take 1st of the pills at night due to extreme 💤 and to be aware they could make me "loopy." How a person is supposed to work 12ish hours on a computer being "loopy" and fall-alseep-in-your-mashed-potatoes tired is something I cannot comprehend. 

Hugs @smitty34877 @RMLincoln @Nickelpenny

Prayers 🙏 @StLouisCruisers and others in path of tornadoes stay safe.

I planned to make a meatloaf yesterday but decided I didn't want to heat the kitchen up and today is no better, so I have to find something else to do w/the pound of ground beef that is thawed.

Currently muggy 81° headed to 84°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240509_113446.thumb.jpg.57b6ceadee884c0a14cafd5d6d593872.jpg

Elizabeth, I'm sorry you are still having to jump through hoops to get your leave approved.  I hope the plan to prescribe a lower dosage of the medicine works.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We were in Flam in 2005 on the Marco Polo.  We took the train up to Myrdal where we had time to walk around and have lunch before boarding a bus to Gudvangen where the ship met us.

All my pictures of Flam were taken from the ship.  I'd like to go back some day and explore the town.

IMG_5432.thumb.JPG.2839ff82e15b57733487d9ce56c4a949.JPG

IMG_5434.thumb.JPG.49e19a4971ff8538379ced4283f6a308.JPG

IMG_5437.thumb.JPG.96aaa54c2806448eff7d830c4c47022b.JPG

IMG_5440.thumb.JPG.9c661cc0ef585e1a2983464298b2c1c6.JPG

The train

IMG_5444.thumb.JPG.cfcf1a5bb66279afef32695465096871.JPG

IMG_5446.thumb.JPG.d8e297a02eaf83236b567941a66a8c94.JPG

IMG_5452.thumb.JPG.c2bc0f15d0245c81495df529520c2008.JPG

Here are some pictures of our walk around Myrdal, a pretty mountain town.

IMG_5456.thumb.JPG.84381d6a40786ce34d10a1a10cd485b0.JPG

IMG_5457.thumb.JPG.ee17d5cb6b561d1a922eacb32896b1c6.JPG

IMG_5458.thumb.JPG.6d7a5364079adc97ec17915a88e7eb1d.JPG

IMG_5463.thumb.JPG.623d8f91b7c0af70bb4c7a3417cb0413.JPG

IMG_5464.thumb.JPG.d56eaeb4e6c4630b337aa69cad8eea0e.JPG

IMG_5475.thumb.JPG.5b013745d3b3c02d18d0697c637bdb56.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm pleased you are getting everything sorted and packed ready for your amazing cruise Sandi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1