The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 14th, 2024

A subdued sunrise this morning that looks like it could have been taken in South Florida weather but is actually from MS :Prinsendam Jime 14, 2015 at sea from Limerick to Le Havre:

dawn0614.jpg

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We are at sea heading towards Isafjordur, Iceland with an ETA of Saturday, June 15.  Early this morning it was foggy and the foghorn was sounding, but now we have a few broken clouds with a good amount of sunshine and only 46F.  Winds are 15 mph from the ESE.  We crossed over the Arctic Circle a short time ago and we’re traveling at 11 knots.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  Today is a nice day to celebrate Flag Day.  Family history can be fascinating and of course they must have a day for chop suey.  That’s a fun quote from Angie Dickinson.  The meal suggestion sounds okay though I eat very little avocado because of the texture.  Not sure about the Hawaiian Mai Tai but would probably appreciate the Rosé.  Oh my goodness on the 29 inning baseball game!  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope,and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports.

Prayers for all here on the Daily who are ailing, healing, grieving.  Hoping for better news for Jacqui @kazu, Tana, Terry @smitty34877 and family members, Jane @lazey1 , Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Chuck @catmando , Annie @marshhawk, Scottie, Jim and Terri @Cruzin Terri, Ann @Vict0riann, Nancy @ottahand7, Debbie @dfish and any others I may have failed to recognize.  Prayers too for DB, Alex’s twins, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops in the region.  🙏

Cheers sent up for anyone celebrating happy events and cruising.  Fair winds and following seas!  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for your outstanding work maintaining the C&C lists, even while caring for BFF and taking care of your own health needs.  🥂

The port of the day is Dravuni Island, Fiji.  This was our port on Sept. 23, 2021 and March 20, 2022.  In the past I’ve  said I hadn’t been there before but now I actually have that port on an upcoming booking, March 13, 2026 Island Princess 54 days round trip Los Angeles.  No long flights!  Here are the links to the previous two times Dravuni Island was shown here.

Yesterday I noticed I was coughing again after having a cold a month ago which luckily didn’t amount to a lot.  But before dinner in the Ocean Bar last night they were opening the doors to the Promenade deck a lot while putting up the tenders near us.  The cold air kept rushing through the port side where the dance floor and musicians play.  We moved to get out of the draft but it was still freezing cold in there.  Today my cough sounds terrible!  I don’t have other cold symptoms with it but I think I’ll spend most of the day in my cabin taking zinc lozenges and using cough drops and work on my cross stitch stocking project. 

Hoping everyone enjoys their Friday.  Please try to stay safe and keep well!  (Easier said than done, right?)

I'm sorry to hear your cough has resurfaced Sandi.

Fortunately you don't have any cold symptoms or signs of a chest infection so hopefully it will settle down.

Pauline gets a cough from a cold draft.

Her cough was awful when we both had a bad COVID infection a few weeks ago but fortunately it has cleared up now.

I hope you are both enjoying your cruise and your relatives are keeping a low profile.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Happy Flag Day!  This photo was taken by Greg Pease in 2014.  6600 school children formed a living flag at Ft McHenry.

IMG_0565.jpeg.ba163ba82fc7be4b3b34db98770bface.jpeg

I often make tuna with avocado instead of mayo, much healthier, try it!

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich and thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie. Great collection of days.  Love chop sue and we do have a family history of my mother’s side of the family which goes back very far 👍 

LOL on the quote and yum on the meal suggestion for today.  Not sure what the weather holds here today - it was supposed to be sunny and hot but it sure feels like rain is threatening.  I have a few “must do” errands this morning and will take it from there.

IMG_3055.thumb.jpeg.8bb17c98bc5a7b6963190e4e111cd379.jpeg

CT scan was done yesterday.  it’s a good thing I didn’t know what was involved first 😉 Miss claustrophobic is very glad it is over.  Hopefully it doesn’t have to be redone 🤞 Now I wait for the vascular surgeon in 2 weeks.  I get why the wait - it takes time to get the CT scan results, apparently.

IMG_3056.thumb.jpeg.6d418b88126e8c0b81b347dbc5986d57.jpeg

@rafinmd best wishes for today 🙏. Tough day with it also being your DB’s heavenly birthday.

@StLouisCruisers i hope your cough clears up soon 🤞 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

image.thumb.png.19e4146d221752f10fa2c21e2f0bfb24.png

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning to all.  We made it — on the road!! Thank you for the best wishes.  Have a great day.  Katherine 

Safe and smooth travels to you.  

And Bon voyage !!

IMG_3410.jpeg.7a2c3a38f45931b0658a0e2f9465321c.jpeg

• Like 22

Good morning, everyone!

It cooled down nicely last night and we are getting a short respite from the heat today and tomorrow.  It returns on Sunday and sticks around for a week.  We're expecting temps in the mid 90's next week.  Until then we'll enjoy the 77 forecast for today.  

We're going back to the gardens today for story hour at 10.  Our DN may join us with her two little ones.  After story hour the kids will likely play in the children's garden for a bit.  No plans for the afternoon.  

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you made it to Jacksonville last night.  Take your time getting home today and let there be no further mishaps.

@Quartzsite Cruiser safe travels to you and Steve and I hope all goes well during his shunt adjustment.

@rafinmd Thinking of you and your ordeal today.  I hope it all goes smoothly.

@Denise T Welcome home!

I like tuna salad and @0106 Tina's suggestion of making it with avocado in place of mayo sounds like a good one.  I'm going to have to try that.  My open face is using a lettuce leaf in place of the bread.  There are a lot of good suggestions for substitutions and things you can do in this recipe.  Open Face Tuna Sandwich

tunasandwichwithavocado1.thumb.png.035d3c5acd6cf5d35d60bdaede0d194f.png

This recipe uses spiced oranges for a garnish and they sound really good.  Tuna Salad with Spiced Oranges

tunasandwichwithavocado2.jpeg.7331b4c17881ccd377a9402e1b0bcd93.jpeg

This one has a little heat to it with the jalapeños and red pepper flakes.  It is interesting how they put mayo on the bread and then toast it in a frypan.  Tunacado Sandwich

tunasandwichwithavocado3.thumb.png.a2c87d1aff8a5f682cfaf792f9f53319.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from Jacksonville,

Just a quick note to say thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes.

Believe me, there is no one happier than I to be here and I will be even happier when I have my two feet planted back in my house later today.

I am up and ready to take a shower.  Then I will wake DH so that we can have breakfast and check out of the hotel.  We have to be out by 11 am.

I still have a cold and will stop in the Walmart nearby and get some cough drops for the drive home.  I like Riccola Honey Lemon Echinacea.  They really help me feel better.  

@Lady Hudson  BON VOYAGE!

@rafinmd good luck today and a special prayer of rememberence for your brother on his heavenly birthday.

@StLouisCruisers I hope you get rid of your cold faster than I am getting rid of mine.

Thank you to all who contribute to the FR&D.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It will get warm and muggy today with thunderstorms and winds coming later.i always get a little nervous when we get an alert from the Governor! I guess I better get myself out and about for groceries before the storms arrive.

My mother made a version of chop suey . I think it was a fifties thing. We always had a dog or two parked under the table to take what we didn’t want to eat but they didn’t seem to like it either.

@rafinmd, Roy, I hope all goes well today and that your ride works out. I am thinking of you and your DB today.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I hope the adjustment for Steve goes well and that there are no difficulties with the traffic either way,

@Cruzin Terri, I hope the drive home is uneventful. I am sure you are both very tired.

We seem to be recovering here and will have all the usual suspects for dinner.I just need to come up with something everyone will be receptive to.

@0106, Tina, I make tuna salad with avacado often  and really love the flavor.

Take care all.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good sunny morning. It’s going to be a hot one today with thunderstorms this afternoon 

I will pass on the meal, don’t eat tuna salad.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 25

Good morning evening everyone.  Thanks for today’s updates, much better than reading the news in the morning!

Three nice days to celebrate, my friend Tom’s birthday is today so I never forget flag day!

The quote made me chuckle.

Both the meal and drink sound tasty.  I like a well made Mai Tai from time to time.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and a special one for safe travels today for @Cruzin Terri.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today.  Bon voyage to @Lady Hudson🍾🚢

• Like 27

After reading all the post so far here is my fairly dull post of the day. I was glad to get some new shoes for the Lexus yesterday and looking at the new threads it was definitely time.

Our Mediterranean Diet continues and along with that no alcohol. Our livers need time to heal and that is always one of the main culprits on our weight gains. After morning walk we will tackle unloading one of the luggage forward bags which is harder as there is such a miscellany of different items.

On our days of remembering heavenly birthdays we don’t grieve but celebrate the many wonderful memories and joys they left behind. It’s the circle of life and they are missed until we meet again.

Terri sounds like you’re going to make it home today. Safe travels.

Well, nothing is getting done here so it’s time to get a move on. May all of you Dads have a great Father’s Day weekend.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

• Like 32

Good Friday Morning Dailyties!  TGIF! I worked until 10 last night, but I did that because people asked me to call so I tagged on another hour of one of the campaigns.  However of the 4 people who wanted a call back, only had one sale, one only wanted one show (and it turns out that he lied to me when he told me the reason I had to call at night) and the "would have been" big sales that had me jumping through hoops?  They didnt bother to answer.

My "report to" boss called yesterday, (he's the one I go to when I need a job, and he finds me a campaign to work on). Since my Ohio campaign ends today, he let me know what was coming up  Turns out he will be mentoring my Ohio boss in new campaigns on the East coast, which would work well for me, but after my review from the Ohio boss, I'm not so sure that he would want me again. And if Andrew (Cailfornia) will let me work 25-30 hours, I wont need another job.  And there is the rub. I angered Andrew yesterday  So not sure he will allow me more than the minimum of 20 hours.  I did do 2650.00 in sales yesterday. ( In 3 hours)  I'd keep me.  Guess today is the day I start recreating my life again.

Good news, Scottie called Chuck yesterday.  He didnt know what he was doing when he had the stroke, but DH said he sounded good, like his normal self. He is still in the hospital but they have him doing PT and I guess he will stay in there and then maybe move to a nursing facility.  DH never asks questions.

Aqueducts, this country needs them.  We are about to go into Orange zone for air quality. @StLouisCruisersstay cool while you can!  Its going to feel like 100+ with the humidity, but no rain here.

@Cruzin TerriGlad you made it back to Jacksonville, be safe on the drive home.

@NickelpennyI have a favor to ask-Is it possible for you to resubmit the cartoon about being introverted?  Or do you remember what day it was, I need to copy it and send it to one of my bosses.

DH and I are going out for an early lunch at our favorite taco place.  But first we need to pick up cat food.  Feeding 13 is getting out of hand, and the kittens are very happy when they see me in the morning.

6ujls9.jpg

b0ae92ec7a522a3b84de8919d1600e9b.jpg

927bd141af8fa03aabcef884b663dc8f.jpg

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, joyful day!

• Like 28
  • Haha 8

Good morning Dailyites 

73 moving up to 94 today in Georgetown. 

Roy, thinking of you today and praying all goes well. Thoughts for Sandi, Tana, Jacqui, Steve, Chuck, Maurice, and thankful Terri getting nearly home.

Last night was game night. My lasagna was a hit. Girlfriend brought Greek foods from our Farmer's market and chocolate cookies. I won our game by 1 point!

Not much on the agenda today. I'm going to wrap up my ankle and hit the pool with the girls today, come hell or high water! It's hot!

Blessing's lifted to each of you. Thank you to our devoted "staff"!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear your cough has resurfaced Sandi.

Fortunately you don't have any cold symptoms or signs of a chest infection so hopefully it will settle down.

Pauline gets a cough from a cold draft.

Her cough was awful when we both had a bad COVID infection a few weeks ago but fortunately it has cleared up now.

I hope you are both enjoying your cruise and your relatives are keeping a low profile.

Thanks for your concern Graham.  It's good you got over your virus before your trip so you didn't have to cancel.  Is Pauline's cough better now?  Yes, they are keeping a low profile I guess you could say.  We've spoken a few times since Sunday, or rather she has and he is keeping his mouth shut for the most part. 🙂

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich and thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie. Great collection of days.  Love chop sue and we do have a family history of my mother’s side of the family which goes back very far 👍 

LOL on the quote and yum on the meal suggestion for today.  Not sure what the weather holds here today - it was supposed to be sunny and hot but it sure feels like rain is threatening.  I have a few “must do” errands this morning and will take it from there.

IMG_3055.thumb.jpeg.8bb17c98bc5a7b6963190e4e111cd379.jpeg

CT scan was done yesterday.  it’s a good thing I didn’t know what was involved first 😉 Miss claustrophobic is very glad it is over.  Hopefully it doesn’t have to be redone 🤞 Now I wait for the vascular surgeon in 2 weeks.  I get why the wait - it takes time to get the CT scan results, apparently.

IMG_3056.thumb.jpeg.6d418b88126e8c0b81b347dbc5986d57.jpeg

@rafinmd best wishes for today 🙏. Tough day with it also being your DB’s heavenly birthday.

@StLouisCruisers i hope your cough clears up soon 🤞 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

image.thumb.png.19e4146d221752f10fa2c21e2f0bfb24.png

Thanks Jacqui, I hope I'm over it quickly too. 

25 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from Jacksonville,

Just a quick note to say thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes.

Believe me, there is no one happier than I to be here and I will be even happier when I have my two feet planted back in my house later today.

I am up and ready to take a shower.  Then I will wake DH so that we can have breakfast and check out of the hotel.  We have to be out by 11 am.

I still have a cold and will stop in the Walmart nearby and get some cough drops for the drive home.  I like Riccola Honey Lemon Echinacea.  They really help me feel better.  

@Lady Hudson  BON VOYAGE!

@rafinmd good luck today and a special prayer of rememberence for your brother on his heavenly birthday.

@StLouisCruisers I hope you get rid of your cold faster than I am getting rid of mine.

Thank you to all who contribute to the FR&D.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

God Bless,

Terri

Thanks and I hope yours is better every day going forward.  Safe driving today!

Katherine, @Lady Hudson have a wonderful cruise and try to stay away from those floating cold viruses!

Roy @rafinmd a happy heavenly birthday for your DD DB.  I know you remember him fondly.

Annie @marshhawk try your best to stay cool.  Not a problem where I am right now.  And good luck with the job situation.  I'm sure if you angered Andrew it was his fault and not yours.  😉

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

73 moving up to 94 today in Georgetown. 

Roy, thinking of you today and praying all goes well. Thoughts for Sandi, Tana, Jacqui, Steve, Chuck, Maurice, and thankful Terri getting nearly home.

Last night was game night. My lasagna was a hit. Girlfriend brought Greek foods from our Farmer's market and chocolate cookies. I won our game by 1 point!

Not much on the agenda today. I'm going to wrap up my ankle and hit the pool with the girls today, come hell or high water! It's hot!

Blessing's lifted to each of you. Thank you to our devoted "staff"!

Whoops!  Thank you Joy for thinking of me.  I hope you and Allen are doing okay right now and the wound is healing well.  Enjoy the pool!

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

@StLouisCruisers You are right, it was his fault.  He didnt want to actually "work".  I asked him a general question, and he said he wouldnt answer it unless I provided the customer #.  Well, I had already been asked the same question by 3 people, so I figured it would come up again, and wanted to know what i should say.

I'm glad that the relatives are basically doing their own cruise.  Get well!  

Off to walk the dog, and get the errands run.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1