Elite Perk Eliminated- Port Day Persian Garden

Oren

As rumored, and now enforced, the Elite benefit of a one-day complimentary Port Day access to the Persian Garden has been eliminated (as verified on the Captains Club Perk list menu on the Celebrity site).  Several members on the Edge report they were refused admission on the Port Day without paying the $59 one day fee.  Sadly, there appears no notice of this change and we counted on it for a day on the upcoming Edge for use as we earned it and was showing as a perk at time of booking.  We just got off the Millenium and it was on the perk list just a couple of weeks ago (which I printed out and had with me) so they allowed us access, but no more.  To earn a benefit, have it appear at time of the reservation, and not at least have a phase out to those who counted on it, just leaves a bad feeling.  

We're on the Reflection soon and will ask for our freebie spa visit.  few can say no to me.... 😉 

Love AQ but was a tad too pricey the five weeks we booked, and figured three spa days will do it... will report back on how it goes in mid Feb

• Like 1

I always liked having this perk, as we usually spend at least one port day on the ship.  My hubby doesn't care for it at all so never made a point of spending too much time in there but it was a nice girl's afternoon, especially in the cooler weather ports.  

I will be sad to see this, if is gone for my next Celebrity sailing.  And $59 is ridiculous for one day!  

31 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

We're on the Reflection soon and will ask for our freebie spa visit.  few can say no to me.... 😉 

Love AQ but was a tad too pricey the five weeks we booked, and figured three spa days will do it... will report back on how it goes in mid Feb

We are also going to be on the Reflection for Christmas and New Years.   I just had this conversation with the shoreside concierge.  We are in the Royal Suite and are Elite and we have to purchase the pass for access to the Persian Garden.  Being concerned that since we are on a holiday sailing  more people might be splurging for extras. we pre-booked the passes.

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

thats pretty crap we always like to use this perk....more confirmations required

It was on the web site a couple of weeks ago as we had a thread referencing it. Not on the website now, another perk removed. I would suggest everyone take a screen shot of the perks for anything whether it be Elite, Aqua, etc. happening too often

I am currently on Edge, also for the prior sailing. They offered a ten percent discount off the $59 port day pass. No prior notice, on Celebrity’s website. Perhaps they are trying to not overcrowd the spa facility. It would have been nice if they had given advance notice on their website.  

There have been a few changes or differences

passengers booked AQ when it listed daily bottled water.   Get on board and only have it the first day.

What about the footstools for CC and AQ.   They aren’t on the M class and apparently not on the Edge.

pre purchase a bev Pack because they have the beverages you want.   Get on board and they no longer offer  them or made them  premium.  

What upset almost everyone was when they eliminated the nightly piece of chocolate.   It was eventually returned.  

Whenever something is changed or tweeked  you may not know until you board and it is disappointing.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Any perk that appears when making a booking should be honored in any kind of reservation!

At the very least they should give notice that "Effective on this date, it is no longer available".

Imagine the surprise (and argument) many Elite will get when they don't read this thread and are refused entry on upcoming cruise without any warning.

1 hour ago, kk99 said:

I am currently on Edge, also for the prior sailing. They offered a ten percent discount off the $59 port day pass. No prior notice, on Celebrity’s website. Perhaps they are trying to not overcrowd the spa facility. It would have been nice if they had given advance notice on their website.  

I guess 10 %  off is not terrible..but we counted on this one day perk when we booked  a Sunset Veranda instead of AQ Class for a Nov 2019 cruise on EDGE.

Maybe there are just too many Elites for this former perk to  work anymore.  Overcrowding  the area defeats the Relaxation  benefit.,,.but I agree notice should have been given!

2 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

We are also going to be on the Reflection for Christmas and New Years.   I just had this conversation with the shoreside concierge.  We are in the Royal Suite and are Elite and we have to purchase the pass for access to the Persian Garden.  Being concerned that since we are on a holiday sailing  more people might be splurging for extras. we pre-booked the passes.

We start on th 4th, after the "holidays" and are in AQ about 3/4 of our bookings, but not this bunch. I'm sure somehow everything will work out fine, as it always does.

(Except that Joni's latest dog Rover.com job ran outta quarters.... (geese Louise)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d235.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d228.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d215.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, hcat said:

Maybe there are just too many Elites for this former perk to  work anymore.  Overcrowding  the area defeats the Relaxation  benefit.,,.but I agree notice should have been given!

This.  I don't believe that Celebrity imagined there would ever be so many Elites when they started this program, and it is now drowning in its own success.  They can't hold the former Elite cocktail hour anymore, because there isn't a venue that can accommodate it.  This seems to be another example where Elite demand now exceeds supply.  Longtime Elites got their bennies during the Great Recession, when Celebrity was grateful for any business.  Those of us who just qualified as Elite: sorry, but as Yogi said "The future isn't what it used to be."  No point crying over it, because as quoted above you didn't 'earn this,' it was always a gift that could be taken away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This.  I don't believe that Celebrity imagined there would ever be so many Elites when they started this program, and it is now drowning in its own success.  They can't hold the former Elite cocktail hour anymore, because there isn't a venue that can accommodate it.  This seems to be another example where Elite demand now exceeds supply.  Longtime Elites got their bennies during the Great Recession, when Celebrity was grateful for any business.  Those of us who just qualified as Elite: sorry, but as Yogi said "The future isn't what it used to be."  No point crying over it, because as quoted above you didn't 'earn this,' it was always a gift that could be taken away.

Exactly.

12 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Does anyone know if the Persian Garden benefit is still available for Elite Plus? Thanks in advance for replies.

It is not. I am Elite Plus and was on Edge this past week and told I would need to purchase the pass.

12 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Haha this is ironic. We will enjoy Elite benefits for the first time on our Edge TA next April. I’d hoped to use the spa benefit😕 

Just add this to the same dilution now seen in most Airline Frequent Flyer programs.  Too many people with too many miles chasing too few seats.  However some "notice" would prevent misunderstandings when you approach the Spa counter ready for your free day Port access you were expecting and they say "No", you have to pay.

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Longtime Elites got their bennies during the Great Recession, when Celebrity was grateful for any business.  Those of us who just qualified as Elite: sorry, but as Yogi said "The future isn't what it used to be."  

We just qualified for Elite after our westbound TA on the Silhouette; we haven't gotten to experience that "status" yet, so your comment made me laugh.   Maybe we'll still get a free bag of laundry next time we sail.  🤣