Latitudes Free Sparkling Wine

DwayneG

4 minutes ago, DwayneG said:

We're not big fans of wine.  Has anyone been able to substitute something non-alcoholic, such as sparkling grape juice  or cider?

I think you can call NCL and ask for substitution.  

You used to be able to exchange it when they were only given to higher latitudes levels.

Now that every cabin which has a previous customer gets a bottle they are much stricter about exchanging. I have heard of some people managing it, but those seem to be the exception these days.

• Like 1

I am a non-drinker and asked a few times if they would substitute anything, and the answer was a resounding no.  Not even a can of Diet Coke or a small bottle of water.  So many people get these bottles of sparkling wine and just give them away or use them as prizes for slot pulls and meet & mingles.  For a non-drinker they’re not even good for mimosas.

25 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I am a non-drinker and asked a few times if they would substitute anything, and the answer was a resounding no.  Not even a can of Diet Coke or a small bottle of water.  So many people get these bottles of sparkling wine and just give them away or use them as prizes for slot pulls and meet & mingles.  For a non-drinker they’re not even good for mimosas.

You might have been more successful if you would have requested a can of Diet Pepsi.

• Haha 1

Funny that!!   I had three bottles that I took with me to a lunch I had arranged for CC people after a M&G, they were all finished.  Some people must like it!!   Normally I would drink it 50:50 with apple juice.

Ten things to do with this (useless) beverage of sorts:

As you are disembarking use it to bless the ship for its next voyage

See a crew member varnishing a deck rail - ask if this stuff is as good or any help

Set up the bottles on a shuffle board deck for a primitive game of bowling

Always shake well before using (serving you must be joking)

Pop the top aiming for the target of darts

Alternatively see how far that pop-top will fly down a passageway

Is this glass half full-empty - see how much you can gush out after popping the top

Maybe useful in removing grape-wine stains from fabrics YMMV

Acid indigestion use with a Alka-Seltzer tablet sure to be a cure all that ails

Take a shower with it or dump it into a hot tub - couldn't hurt

Make sure that you leave no sparking wine behind to be reused by NCL - horrors !

Don't like my humor - you are a prime candidate to drink this stuff !   LOL !!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DwayneG said:

We're not big fans of wine.  Has anyone been able to substitute something non-alcoholic, such as sparkling grape juice  or cider?

Yes, I have been able to at times, depending on the ship. Just ask at any bar.

21 hours ago, timf2001 said:

It's one of the most useless perks.  Ours stayed in the room unopened the whole week.

Since we have the alcohol package, ours has stayed unopened twice and ending up coming home with us.  It doesn’t taste any better from our balcony at home!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

We always take ours to the meet & greet so everyone who wants can have mimosas.  Always gone by the end of the meeting. 

I always thought taking that stuff to the M & G for a gift was the UIP ( Ultimate Insult Package).

Wondered why the other guests never wanted to have a drink with me - something I said (or offered to drink) !

Side note if the Cabin Steward didn't bring along his handy door stop device to service the cabin

there was always that bottle that could be used as a door stop - holding the door open.

• Like 1

It's a gift. If it isn't to your taste give to someone who will appreciate it, or leave in the cabin. Good manners mean you accept it in the spirit given. No one is ever impressed with rude behavior, no matter how discerning the palate. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, edspec said:

It's a gift. If it isn't to your taste give to someone who will appreciate it, or leave in the cabin. Good manners mean you accept it in the spirit given. No one is ever impressed with rude behavior, no matter how discerning the palate. 

I disagree   It is in no real sense of the word a gift.  It is a marketing gimmick that, perhaps with good intentions, was extremely poorly executed.  Stating that it is virtually undrinkable is not rude, it's the truth.  It is so bad that it reflects very poorly upon NCL, my cruise line of choice. 

Edited by FLAHAM
  • Like 1