Your next P&O cruise

Eddie99

44 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Hopefully and been positive, we will be on the Arcadia on November 6th 2020 Med Cruise. Then in January 2021 Azura for the Caribbean. 

Everyone  have a good and safe weekend

Cheers Bob.

I hope your cruises go ahead as planned.

Safe weekend to you too.

• Like 2

We've cancelled our May and June cruises, unlikely to have gone ahead anyway.

Next booked one is the Christmas and new year Aurora cruise. Who knows?

More importantly try to keep safe and well everyone.

We too have the Iona Maiden which we haven't cancelled yet and in March 2021  have a back-to-back two week Caribbean then two week re-positioning cruise booked on Britannia.    As one of Boris' "Key Workers" (funeral services) I suspect I'll be ready for either or both of them, and remain hopeful that they will both go ahead.

Edited by Cruiserjules
spelling

12 minutes ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

Our flights have just come through for our cruise in October so I'm trying to  be hopeful that it's going to happen.

P&O have to plan ahead in the hope that things will have eased by then - but I too have an October cruise booked and am not holding my breath for it to go ahead...

13 minutes ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

Our flights have just come through for our cruise in October so I'm trying to  be hopeful that it's going to happen.

I'd be pretty pessimistic about that. Countries are going to be very reluctant to open their borders until they are confident that the virus has gone,  and I can't see that happening this year. 

34 minutes ago, Britboys said:

P&O have to plan ahead in the hope that things will have eased by then - but I too have an October cruise booked and am not holding my breath for it to go ahead...

We also have October booked, but I can't see us paying our balance in July.  Not in this climate.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

We also have October booked, but I can't see us paying our balance in July.  Not in this climate.

We are in the same position, booked on Aurora in October, but I think it is unlikely that we shall be going.

Our next booked cruise is in September to USA and Canada, as it is likely things will not be back to normal on the full payment date we will just move our deposit forward to something like an over-nighter to Guernsey, then if all should turn out well by September just book and pay a few days before departure. At this point I wouldn't want to be parting with cash just to turn into a FCC voucher.

I asked for a refund from P&O last weekend, for the just cancelled one, before they moved the goal posts, not had it yet but would hope they will play by the rules of a 14 day refund. (Appreciate they are saying differently now). I also asked CPS for a refund by email and have had that already.

14 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Our next booked cruise is in September to USA and Canada, as it is likely things will not be back to normal on the full payment date we will just move our deposit forward to something like an over-nighter to Guernsey, then if all should turn out well by September just book and pay a few days before departure. At this point I wouldn't want to be parting with cash just to turn into a FCC voucher.

I asked for a refund from P&O last weekend, for the just cancelled one, before they moved the goal posts, not had it yet but would hope they will play by the rules of a 14 day refund. (Appreciate they are saying differently now). I also asked CPS for a refund by email and have had that already.

That’s an interesting idea re transferring to a short cruise! I’ve asked for my 2 night cruise at Easter to Belgium to be completely refunded as next year the equivalent cruise doesn’t go at Easter. I have a 12 night cruise booked in October booked for my husband’s 60th birthday , perhaps I’ll transfer our deposit so a short cruise!

Arcadia in July to the Baltic full balance not due for 2 weeks won’t be paying this just take fcc, looking for the same cruise next year but don’t think Arcadia is doing this next year so I suppose I will looking to do the med again.

keep safe 

Lyn

2 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

Arcadia in July to the Baltic full balance not due for 2 weeks won’t be paying this just take fcc, looking for the same cruise next year but don’t think Arcadia is doing this next year so I suppose I will looking to do the med again.

keep safe 

Lyn

We've transferred our deposit on this one to May next year - on Aurora.  Not the same itinerary sadly but a few different ports for us.  We'll just be glad to be going  - all being well.  🤞

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have nowhere to transfer the deposit to, as already have 2 booked for 2021.  Can you just take the FCC and leave it on the account?

Same as you jean , we have 3 booked this year and 2 in 2021. Kind of hoping that they cancel some of them so it gives us a bit more options, at present it looks like we will be losing some deposits as we have nowhere to move them too.

Think there is a lot of people who will be losing there deposits for future cruises booked and I do not think P&O/Cunard will change policies to help them and see it has money gained to help there cash flow problem.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well my next P&O cruise is April 9th, and optimistically hoping that goes ahead.

The one that I am not so sure about is with Cunard in December this year, fly to NY for 4 days and TA on QM2 back home.

At the moment we have until the end of August, just before balance due, to move the booking. Obviously pending further Cunard announcements.

Don't really want to roll it over to next year as we already have 35 nights booked with P&O.

Well  have taken the plunge and used my FCC from the cancelled cruise this year to March 2022 sailing on Britannia, from Barbados back to Southampton, first time on her, originally wanted to sail on Aurora.

As I've only had to pay 5% deposit it won't seem too much to lose if have to cancel.

Until a few hours ago, I would have said my next cruise was November 6th, but now probably not 😕. I've been looking for early next year as we've already one booked for October 2021. There's a 16 night Baltic cruise 20th May on Aurora that looks interesting. Might give that a try if/when November's is cancelled. 

Avril 

We have mentally or actually cancelled everything for 2020 and 2021.  The only booking we now have is a rearranged one for the Caribbean round trip in January 2022.  That is simply “booked” - I’ve not committed any emotional capital to it.  If it goes ahead that’ll be great and I’ll get excited nearer the time, if not, well c’est la vie 

If things improve enough so that we can move around normally next year we’ll be more than happy to enjoy “Argate” in the summer and maybe sneak a UK city break before or after Autumn half term

We have decided that we will not be going on Ventura 31st October this year, we will move it to November next year.  We have June 27th next year booked on Ventura so hopefully we will get to go then. 🤞🤞

I am booked to sail on Azura in the Caribbean in Jan 2021. Booked it onboard with a £50 deposit on a similar cruise last January; never thought that was likely to be my only cruise this year.

Azura is due to sail to the Caribbean on 16 October on a repositioning cruise; potentially the first cruise after - or if - P&O recommence operations. My final balance is due on 11 October, by which time I should know whether she is going or not. If not, then my next cruise is Oceana to the Canary Islands in May.