For those cruising later this year, what are you doing?

Thanks for the responses. Hope people don’t lose jobs.  I work in an emergency room, I’m bracing for the next few weeks.  The president did just announce on live TV he spoke to the Carnival CEO about helping with the virus response, and spoke of helping cruise industry.  I think the long term outlook is good for the industry.  Next year or two will be rough.  Having experienced the last recession in Michigan, which was long, hopeless, and painful I can say one thing.  That and 9/11 showed us how resilient people can be.

24 minutes ago, drsel said:

Which one did you choose, refund or fcc

Decided to take the cash back for the 28 March and 4 April cruises. I will do that for the other cruises if Celebrity and RC cancels. The 125% FCC is based on just the cruise fare. Port charges and taxes are credited back to your CC.  

Edited by davekathy

Have Harmony in August, Allure TA in November and just booked Oasis in September. Most concerned with August as it’s a lot of $$ for entire family of 8. Final not due until 5/18, so no need to act now. 

Allure TA is interesting. Air is booked with A2S, and not due until final payment. 

Oasis was a replacement for our Anthem cruise originally leaving 3/22. Couldn’t turn down a CLS for under $1800pp. 

Other than a bunch of deposits, not much at risk so we will be playing the waiting game. 

mac_tlc

March 15 on Anthem was cancelled.  Booked — May 1 Grandeur, September Vision (21 days) and final cruise on Grandeur March, 2021.  I am assuming May 1 will be a no go.  The others a wait and see.  Because of our ages and DH’s comprised immune system, we will not be sailing at all until this thing is totally done.  I will be going into cruise deprivation mode after a bit.  Did 11 trips last year so staying home and not thinking about packing and unpacking will be a change.  Praying for all cruisers and non cruisers to be well.

We still have 4/26 booked and hoping but not optimistic.  Hopeful that some of the drugs mentioned yesterday and today by the medical professionals for off label use will be very effective and squelch the whole thing.👏

• Like 1

We have Mariner booked end of August. Don't have great feeling about it, but will see. Flight already booked. Final payment mid June.

We rescheduled our cancelled Anthem cruise for Xmas holidays in December. Really hope things are back up. But also seeing how things are by then. What is tricky is if we purchase airline now or wait (which is not good to do for prime holiday time).

Edited by LuCruise

29 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Don't get your hopes up for May 11

We're driving from Nashville to see friends and tour St Augustine, plus we have family 25 minutes from Port Everglades. We'll go on vacation to Florida regardless. But I AM hoping that the Diamond Lounge happy hour in May is just me, the wife, and the bartender 🙂

• Like 2

Harmony May, Independence May, Caribbean Princess June, Harmony July, Harmony September, NCL Escape December, Odyssey January 2021. I've had one set to leave Sunday canceled so far. Doubt very much the May ones will go and not too sure about June or July. I think the rest are a good bet to go. Except for the May and July Harmony cruises I don't have a lot of $$ tied up in these.  I will go on all unless the cruise lines cancel them.

We have 3 in October - December that I feel pretty confident about.  I booked a short one for June 15 last night; the worst that could happen is we have to use the Cruise with Confidence policy for FCC and will have some money tied up for a while.   We really needed something to look forward to, having a specific date to aim for helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

I have a celebrity cruise booked 1/2/2021. $20 deposit. If the ship sails and planes fly we'll be sailing away from Puerto Rico that evening.

Gotta Love their low Deposits, available long before this Crisis... Have 2 of them on Celeb myself, along with 6 others Booked on Royal. Ships are sailing I plan of going!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

We have a cruise booked for August, for which final payment is due in May. I’m a little nervous about paying out money I may not get back, especially since we already had to cancel one cruise this year and insurance is taking it’s sweet time to refund us. If RC ends up in some kind of bankruptcy situation, that’s money I won’t see again either. 

Allure Western route T'giving week. I'll  wait as long as possible to canx deposit is refundable. My airfare has a $200 change fee as of now, but we'll c if Delta does that in August. I've got trip canx insurance for $1,500 on my ccard. I think I'm covered. 

I'm also really disappointed the Allure refurb was delayed. Suxs for us....Does anyone know why? Seems like it would be the perfect time to complete....

42 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Allure Western route T'giving week. I'll  wait as long as possible to canx deposit is refundable. My airfare has a $200 change fee as of now, but we'll c if Delta does that in August. I've got trip canx insurance for $1,500 on my ccard. I think I'm covered. 

I'm also really disappointed the Allure refurb was delayed. Suxs for us....Does anyone know why? Seems like it would be the perfect time to complete....

Shipyards probably closed as part of the quarantine, some subcontractors probably couldn't make it due to travel restrictions if they weren't locals   

We have a cruise October 17th, on Symphony.  I’d like to think it might be a go.

We also have a cruise out of San Juan, January 17th on Freedom. I too think that should be a go.

The concern that goes through my mind is the following.  If the ships are sailing, will the islands be safe, open and ready for tourists. I only ask that question as they are lagging behind North America today in reported cases, as NA lagged behind Europe a few weeks ago.

My thought/assumption is COVID will effect them worse than us, with a longer recovery time.  It seems to be an obvious answer, but who knows until it happens. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Kind of glad I didn't book anything for this year .

Got put off by the oppressive heat last September , so I thought we would take a break from cruising for a while .

We typically book eastern caribbean  on an Oasis class , mostly for the ship .

Going to wait for the ships to air out . 

We're booked on AD in May for a b2b which includes Canada on the first leg and Bermuda and Caribbean on the second so prob not happening.  In Nov we're booked on a b2b on Harmony and July 2021 on Celebrity Summit.

8 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

We have Harmony booked December 6, leaving from FL.  How confident is everyone booked for cruises late 2020/early 2021?  I have until September 5th to cancel with full refund.  So plenty of time to decide.  I’d prefer to stay booked and proceed with the cruise.  I’m just uncertain, if things get worse or RCL goes bankrupt and I don’t get my deposit back.  

Our next cruise is early January with Celebrity but we just canceled our April family cruise so we are waiting and if things get back to normal before January hopefully we will be able to use our cruise credit.

Have an Anthem NYE cruise booked, we’ve (not surprisingly) not made any changes to those plans. 

My bestie and I were kicking around the idea of going on a Canada/NE cruise on Grandeur in Sept. Hadn’t booked yet because she’s trying to conceive so we had to wait and see if/when she got knocked up before the cutoff to cruise. Not sure if we’ll explore this option in 2020 anymore. 

We have 2 cruises booked for October, one Canada/New England and one Bahamas, hoping that things will be better by then. We have until July before our final payment has to be made, so we will just see how things play out over the next couple of months.  I usually watch for price drops, but with all of the cruises that have been cancelled so far, I see the price do nothing but rise with everyone rescheduling.  I feel so bad for the cruise industry right now, they are taking such a big hit.  All we can do now, is pray that a cure is found soon for this virus.