P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26c at 10am in south Dorset. Took Freddie over to the park/field opposite at 5am and it was 20c - and surprisingly pleasant.

Hope everyone keeps as cool as they can - we will no doubt all soon be moaning about the wind and rain!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Radio Scotland had an article on creating a “swamp cooler”. Freeze water in an old plastic milk or drinks bottle. Place said frozen item in a drips dish right in front of a fan - hey presto air conditioning.

I have put a couple of bottles into the chest freezer for later today, worth a try.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve  been out to the hairdressers this morning. She had a small air conditioning unit, so it was reasonably comfortable, and it was lovely in my car with the AC on.

Back at home now. 32C outside, so we’ll be in our darkened room again today. Looks like it’s going to be hotter than yesterday this afternoon 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Radio Scotland had an article on creating a “swamp cooler”. Freeze water in an old plastic milk or drinks bottle. Place said frozen item in a drips dish right in front of a fan - hey presto air conditioning.

I have put a couple of bottles into the chest freezer for later today, worth a try.

We have always done that, except we use the freezer blocks that we use in the cool bag, it definitely works.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Indoor temp overnight a steady 29c. It was like sleeping in an oven, needed cold water at 2am and again at 4.30am. Garden thermometer in the shade reading 33c. Not ideal, especially as we both have Covid. Stay safe.

Sorry to hear that you both have Covid Bob.

Prayers 🙏 for mild symptoms and a quick recovery.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Indoor temp overnight a steady 29c. It was like sleeping in an oven, needed cold water at 2am and again at 4.30am. Garden thermometer in the shade reading 33c. Not ideal, especially as we both have Covid. Stay safe.

Hope you only have mild symptoms and feel better soon

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks, will try that

Temperature in the living room peaked yesterday at 28.3C late afternoon. It has just reached that temperature a few minutes ago.

• Like 3

Well the weather here is being typically Scottish. I have just had to rush down the garden to retrieve my washing as in spite of it being hotter than hell - it’s raining!

Big wet blobs heaving down for about 5 minutes, just enough to soak washing if left out. And of course now I have it all in, sunny again.

he ho it will save me watering the plants later in the day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Morning hear from sweltering Kent. Tuesday is my day off and todays it’s co-incided with John’s day off and a couple of weeks ago I was planning a nice day out! All we’ve done is a short walk at our Riverside park fairly early - car was in the shade but still said 31!
Staying inside now, very hot last night but somehow I slept ok! I take the duvet out the cover in weather like this and just have it like a sheet!

B5EFB13A-78E2-4A3A-8D68-A4435121BAA5.jpeg

AFA1D878-782D-437E-8A82-E81F23ABE01D.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

26c at 10am in south Dorset. Took Freddie over to the park/field opposite at 5am and it was 20c - and surprisingly pleasant.

Hope everyone keeps as cool as they can - we will no doubt all soon be moaning about the wind and rain!

It was 26⁰ here in Hertfordshire at 8.30. Now up to 36⁰...

• Like 2

Morning ,hope everyone's chilling out :classic_smile:

We had a couple of days at the coast again ,trying to avoid the heat .

A nice cool room on the sea front ,even the car in undercover parking ,keeping it cool .

When we went out, it was up to the air-conned pub with unlimited iced sodas that went

down well. Then off to our favourite chippy restaurant that also has air-conn seating.

which was just as good as the sea front was clipping the 30's.

The worst part was having the room windows open and watching the "bean can "exhaust 

boys who seem to take delight in speeding for 30 yards in their backfiring ,spluttering machines .

They became tiresome around midnight when your trying to sleep.

We left this morning with 23.c and are now in the 34.c back home with more to come.

The plants have been watered and plenty of cool water for the birds and we are now staying in

with curtains drawn and the fan ticking over ,keeping us at a pleasant 21.c.

Have a good day and keep safe :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 7

Well our thunder storm rolled around for some early this morning, it’s cloudy sun now & warming up, I’ve managed to whip  round with vacuum & clean the bathroom but that’ll do for today as I’m feeling a tad hot now! Made an iced cappuccino using the Tassimo machine ds bought me for Xmas ( secretly he’s hoping I let him take back to Bournemouth with him 😂) with a splash of hazelnut syrup naughty but yummy. Stay hydrated & out the sun everyone!  

• Like 4

Our local town Nantwich broke it's North West England temp record yesterday at 36.2 up from 34.7 in 1990. After such a hot night we're starting to lose the battle of keeping the house cool, 24 this time yesterday 27 today but quite a dry heat so not too sweaty. Relaxing afternoon watching Tour de France, how the riders race in that heat for 5 hours I don't know I feel tired just watching them!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sorry folks. In Alesun. 15 degrees at the moment. It may reach 20. HoHo bus WiFi is better than the ships.   

image.thumb.jpeg.7e53c24fda6ab6e120593a1afc034d4f.jpeg

Glad your having a good time , looks a bit chilly to us lot back here :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greenhouse temperature hit new heights today a 45.9C, had my large sprayer at hand an mist sprayed the greenhouse, as well as flooding floor with water, managed to reduce temperature to 42C. Tomatoes are fine in their self watering trays, although levels have dropped a lot since I topped them up at 10pm last night.

This was a thunderstorm on the forecast a couple of hours ago but that’s now gone, temperature now at 33C down from is earlier maximum of 37.8C.

Indoors it’s warmer that yesterday by a couple of degrees 25.5C instead of 23C which is was yesterday. Looking a totally different day tomorrow, overcast with temp around 20C, can live with that. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

I know you are a bit further north in the City but up Anley Duck we have quite a bit of cloud cover and 26° at the moment.

I don’t suppose you have a cloudy 26 degrees any more.

Went to the gym today it's out in the sticks a bit, in the same area as the big fires in Wennington.Bus and 1.5 mile walk.Just got home,no buses, extra 2 mile walk to next bus route.Just watching it on Sky news,I didn't know, it's like Armageddon.

• Like 2