P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending your dear wife our best wishes Kalos.

Thanks mate think anesthetic has worn off.She's sat up resting and has just devoured a 

Sausage ,chips and curry kids meal ,which is bigger than it looks .

All ordered with my own fair hands from our local chippy.

Just read it to her she says thank you both 🙂 for your kind thoughts 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Couldn’t resist this.  Serious issue, but the name of the product is maybe a little unfortunate in the circumstances!

Update from the Food Standards Agency 27 September 2023

Food alert – 27 September 2023:
Hotel Chocolat recalls Hotel Chocolat Choose Your Poison because it may contain pieces of glass
Read more: https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/alert/fsa-prin-35-2023

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks mate think anesthetic has worn off.She's sat up resting and has just devoured a 

So pleased to hear your wife is now resting and recovering. I’m sure you are an excellent nurse Kalos. Hope you are also feeling better now.

Sending my best wishes to you both.

Gill

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

+1. Please add my best wishes to Mrs K too. Glad to hear she's able to eat and I hope she has a restful night. Best wishes to you both Kalos. Jane xx

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Glad to hear Mrs Kalos is bearing up, breakfast in bed tomorrow eh? Ask her not to wake you when she gets up to make it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

59 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

So pleased to hear your wife is now resting and recovering.I’m sure you are an excellent nurse Kalos. Hope you are also feeling better now.

26 minutes ago, Beckett said:

+1. Please add my best wishes to Mrs K too. Glad to hear she's able to eat and I hope she has a restful night. Best wishes to you both Kalos. Jane xx

13 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Glad to hear Mrs Kalos is bearing up, breakfast in bed tomorrow eh? Ask her not to wake you when she gets up to make it.

Cheers guys,shes doing well thanks as I am apart from the odd bothersome cough .

What made me laugh is the breakfast in bed . This morning we were both up at 

3:30 am having a morale boosting chat . If we got up any earlier it would be supper .

Regret to say it was nil by mouth and I was supporting her by  doing the same .

I think we will both have an early one .

• Like 18

Good morning all. I hope there were no problems with the severe winds last night.

I have hardly slept at all. The wind was banging anything not nailed down. I had to go out in the garden in the middle of the night to secure the back gate again as it was blown off the latch and making the most dreadful noise.

Anyway all calm now. The big issue is that with the better weather in early September the leaves were still on most of the trees and they are now down and all over the garden in just 2 days. So todays challenge is gathering them all up.

Have a good day.

• Like 16

13 hours ago, kalos said:

Glad to hear Mrs J is home and recovering and that you too are much better

Michelle

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone,

Hope no one suffered any damage during the storm. It is mild down here and the winds were nowhere near as strong as forecast.

I need to push myself on and get sorted for going away next week, but just don't have any energy.

Today is my son's and granddaughter's birthdays and also my friend's wedding anniversary.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care,

Pam 

• Like 11

Pretty quiet here if a bit dull, the trees were swaying yesterday evening but no issues here. Hope everyone is safe and missed the worst of the storm. Looks like being one of those soso days for us. 

If you do wordle better not to start with WINDY

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 11

I got Wordle in 2 on Monday.  Such a good start to the week.  Back to my usual 4 today

If you’re an Only Connect fan, have you found the NY Times “Connections” puzzle, which is the OC wall?  It’s good, tho’ sometimes the North American slant makes it tricky

Agnes didn’t call for us at all, I’m glad to say.  Sorry for those who did suffer and have an aftermath

Good to hear Lady Kalos is progressing well

Sorry about the there’s a lot of it about people.  I wonder if The Management might consider reviewing their omertà policy - these are very different times to three years ago and I don’t anticipate inter-member spats or conspiracy theorists abounding

• Like 10

Mainly dry and just breezy here yesterday, and mild and dry again this morning.  I am pleased to hear that most of you did not get too much stormy and windy stuff -  though having to go out in the middle of the night in your jimjams can't have been fun.

• Like 8

16c, dry and breezy here this morning, we only had strong gusty winds for an hour or so yesterday early evening. Trees were rocking quite a bit as they still have most of their leaves still on.

DW has taken her mum (nearly 90) to get her flu jab this morning, she had her C one last week. We are holding out getting our flu jabs (and covid for my wife, I don’t qualify this year🙁), we have a cruise in November/December and all of February so want to have maximum protection for then.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, kalos said:

Cheers guys,shes doing well thanks as I am apart from the odd bothersome cough .

What made me laugh is the breakfast in bed . This morning we were both up at 

3:30 am having a morale boosting chat . If we got up any earlier it would be supper .

Regret to say it was nil by mouth and I was supporting her by  doing the same .

I think we will both have an early one .

I hope both you and Mrs K are feeling better after your early morning pep talk together. Everything seems somehow worse during the early morning hours, but much better in the morning. Take it easy the both you, feet up, rest, relax and recuperate.

Take care. x

Avril

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Annual blood test done this morning in and out of the surgery in less than 5 mins, Pracitce was running a blood tests session this morning so 3 phlebotomists in this morning. Guess GPs will be having a lot of phone calls to make next week if tests show any abnormalities. Will check mine online on Tuesday when they are back. 

We were due to be away visiting friends in Nottinghamshire this weekend, but got a call last night postponing it, they have just returned from a cruise and yes they have “it that must not be named”.

Wind not as bad as predicted, although a gust blew over a couple of patio chairs around 8:30 last night which made me jump as I was engrossed in a book that I started reading earlier this week. This morning surveyed the damage, petals all gone on cactus dahlias, a sunflower snapped in half and a plastic back stuck in the pyracantha bush. To be fair we were on the extreme easterly edge of the yellow warning, so were not expecting to see excess wind speeds or heavy rain. 

This morning temperature around 16C off to Post Office to return a padlock to manufacturers under its 10 year guarantee, I have had it a year. Then to garden centre to get some pansies, wallflowers and cyclamen for some of the planters which are now looking bedraggled with the dead and dying summer planting. Might even get car washed if I have time, it needs it.

• Like 10

Popped up to the surgery this morning & had both jabs, pleased I was offered both after all, thought I wouldn’t be eligible for the c one, must be because of the high done steroids. Nurse looked a bit taken aback when she called me as everyone one else was over 65 going in, she must have been expecting younger patients though as she had both flu types ready. Had a hair cut at my friends salon & have been invited to a girls pre Xmas trip overnight in Devon, got tell hubby now 🤣

• Like 13

I tried to get a shingles vaccination, thinking I qualified but no - I am too old!  Being over 75.  Seems a bit strange though no doubt the nhs has its reasons.   I had thought it was caught from someone with chickenpox, and I rarely mix with young children, but now find out you can just get it anyway, especially if you are  not in the best of health already.  I know a few people who have had it, some more than once, and it can be very painful.  And often followed life changing things, like being widowed, in my mother's case.

• Like 9