Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did anyone watch The Challenge tonight? To me it was better this week.  OK with trying another week.

I have watched The Challenge on MTV since they started the series years ago. I miss the regulars that have been on for years from the old MTV shows like the Real World and Road Rules  I did think last nights show was better though. It will be interesting to see how many of the previous challenges they use. I don’t think they will do the more violent challenges like Hall Brawl but we shall see. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember back in the day Ohio was very strict on speed limits.  Back then it was not a surprise to hear someone get pulled over for just a few miles over the limit.  Have they eased up now?

I hear you about how strict Ohio used to be in giving out tickets.

In my younger days I  was stopped 3x close together.

One was just plain going way to fast and got caught  (ticket).

Two was on an exit ramp in Akron Ohio........that was un called for, the cop, not me (ticket).

Three was on the Ohio turnpike.  Un-be-known to me there used to be this thing called "Urban Zone"near cities.  I passed a Ohio State Patrol car doing 65.  His lights went on pulled me over and goes do you know why I stopped you.... I went no.  He goes the speed limit is 55.

I go Officer had I known that, I would have never passed you.

He goes license and registration.  I gave it to him.

He came back, gave me a warning (no ticket)

After that no tickets, I was a good girl, or as my DH said, you just never got caught.

Now with WAZE, it is easier to drive a tad faster.

But it seems I 76 and I 80 as well as I 680 has many patrols on it.

Take care

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Mimi. My recovery is somewhat "crab-like"... two steps in the "right" direction, one "sideways".... I'm "hanging in there", with the help of gnocchi prepared for lunch 😉

That looks so good. Keep getting better.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our grandkids have been on a hunt for shark’s teeth every morning as we walk the beach

The biggest one they found so far

59C1ED04-6873-46DC-93D4-66FCBFE60970.thumb.jpeg.cae200ad1da9f4b1c23efaf5b53300c0.jpeg

and a bunch of little ones. 

1D83457F-E197-4014-8C62-CFA75CDB6EE8.thumb.jpeg.703063c33e7eb5139e418f392e85665d.jpeg

We bought them some little jars to keep them in. 

We walked down to take a ride on the sky wheel. 

19B43A63-3895-4F32-A252-8912AEF05D13.thumb.jpeg.53f7d64cbdbd5130c869a92cf3f26075.jpeg

Some nice views from up there. 

CE866D10-66C2-4EC4-A9E1-B1513823AB49.thumb.jpeg.eb40d22221c355c4ea1f9da512ab6feb.jpeg

We went there right after lunch. We tried Soho, which was probably the best meal since we have been here.  It is a Japanese place. I just had a hibachi chicken box. 

5B3A053E-4AAE-43C2-BA46-448D0D42DB47.thumb.jpeg.880de418b15af056bc7262062b16163f.jpeg

It also came with a larger than usual salad. 

B5281FA9-7E4B-41C5-8894-738360BFCB94.thumb.jpeg.a5ab98d30c9ab840d51f4865529433cd.jpeg

I think I spotted Yum Yum Sauce. 🙂

• Like 3

For our evening, we took an Uber to North Myrtle Beach to Barefoot Landing, and went to Lulu’s for supper. 

E4236CF9-9A40-48A9-A46D-470B096E8A67.thumb.jpeg.96c9737752bc9b7f6c4c0f7e4a0b7175.jpeg

Setting a good example, I ordered a Hurricane 

5FEBB706-D1FD-4625-B623-8980BDD4E388.thumb.jpeg.5d592d82f711643ffad5134053113941.jpeg

and a hot brownie with ice cream for my supper. 

C51ABCBD-DCEF-4FBF-8B2C-48FE333387CE.thumb.jpeg.cffd25be19ddf490e43d7d60e2115c3c.jpeg

A couple of the grandkids wanted to do this, so why not?

IMG_5084.MOV 174.08 MB · 2 downloads  

It didn’t take our granddaughter long to start doing the flips.  I think if we took her on a ship with a sky pad, we would have trouble getting her away from it.  

Have you been to Crabby Mike's yet? It's all you can eat Seafood or you can ordered off the menu.

We went there when we were there last Fall. Really good!

Always a little bit of wait to get in, but well worth the wait. It's amazing !!

https://www.crabbymikes.com/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My recovery is somewhat "crab-like"... two steps in the "right" direction, one "sideways".... I'm "hanging in there",

I'm happy to hear you are are hanging in there. I know it must be tough. I'm rooting for you and thinking about you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Mimi. My recovery is somewhat "crab-like"... two steps in the "right" direction, one "sideways".... I'm "hanging in there", with the help of gnocchi prepared for lunch 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.3e1ba888f7edcb7d3b09a980f97188c8.jpeg

@jagsfan + 1 😘

@George C I think you meant this, and I'm 100% with you.

+ 1, @aussielozzie18

Gnocchi looks yummy.   🙏 hoping you are back 100% soon😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For our evening, we took an Uber to North Myrtle Beach to Barefoot Landing, and went to Lulu’s for supper. 

E4236CF9-9A40-48A9-A46D-470B096E8A67.thumb.jpeg.96c9737752bc9b7f6c4c0f7e4a0b7175.jpeg

5FEBB706-D1FD-4625-B623-8980BDD4E388.thumb.jpeg.5d592d82f711643ffad5134053113941.jpeg

C51ABCBD-DCEF-4FBF-8B2C-48FE333387CE.thumb.jpeg.cffd25be19ddf490e43d7d60e2115c3c.jpeg

IMG_5084.MOV 174.08 MB · 2 downloads  

It didn’t take our granddaughter long to start doing the flips.  I think if we took her on a ship with a sky pad, we would have trouble getting her away from it.  

Looks like a cool place. Glad you are having fun. Don't think I would attempt to do the bungie trampoline after I just ate.😜

• Haha 4

I am sorry you still aren't feeling well.  This current variant is not the simple cold that a lot of the people around this forum like to say it is.  Don't do too much too quickly and just take it easy.  This virus is a beast and some of us are having a much harder time knocking it down.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie,  checkin is open.  I just did it for the four of us!!!

Hi Marietta,  I just finished our check in.  Ready to report to muster E2 at 11 am😄

Now I'm craving a kummelweck from Parks.

Excited to meet you, Charlie and family🍹

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Let's see if I can get this to work.  Here is my granddaughter from a few years ago after our dinner at Lulu's.  Food is ok, but great place to take kids.

• Like 10

Jack had a Seinfeld moment renting a car yesterday.  Remember the episode where Jerry reserved a car rental but the agent told him no cars were available?  Same thing happened to Jack.  He reserved and received a confirmation that a full size car would be ready for pick up yesterday at 10am.  I repeat:  reserved and confirmed.  Yesterday at 8am he received a phone call letting him know his car would be available for pick up at 3pm.  No cars were available at 10.  Jack let them know he had a confirmed reservation for 10am pick up.  Car rental agent told him no cars are available at that time.  Jack again wanted to know why he received a confirmation if there would be no cars available.  That is the whole purpose of reserving a car.  This went on and on and of course Jack had to pick up the car at 3.   

I You tubed the Seinfeld car rental episode and it was exactly what Jack went through.

"You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation"

Our car is in the shop being worked on.

Not going to list car rental prices but they are insanely high.

Debbie and Marietta, enjoy your cruise!!

Graham, hope your Sarah is feeling better.

Love seeing grandkids having fun.

OB, your Jade looks regal and a loving part of your family now.  Oh, that soft fur and those eyes!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was really concerned that Jade's trip to the vet today was going to set her back with her skiddishness but here she is sound asleep on my lap. I think today was the ultimate test. I guess she had joined the family.20220713_203534.thumb.jpg.752d06c7b6a877019cc5eb409e85135d.jpg

She trusts you. That’s a big step!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Pleased you got the all clear.  DH is currently on the pre-colonoscopy restricted diet atm and he is so grumpy.

I had never been told before to eat all white foods for the three days before prep day. 
It actually gave the prep a head start 

Besides getting an “all clear” from the doctor, when I went into the online portal to read the report, it said “excellent preparation “!!!

I didn’t know they graded it!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now that’s something I wish was available when I was a kid. I’d have stayed all day!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our grandkids have been on a hunt for shark’s teeth every morning as we walk the beach

Cool.  Finding shark teeth is fun.  It reminds of a time visiting my dad in Venice FL. He told us of a near by beach where shark teeth were often found.   We went and sure enough we started finding them.  After finding several we started thinking 🤔.   There is a good reason why there are a lot of shark teeth here.  About that time someone on the beach started yelling and point at a long dark shadow swimming near us.  After quickly jumping up we discovered it was..... dolphins 🐬.    😆 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Two was on an exit ramp in Akron Ohio........that was un called for, the cop, not me (ticket).

This reminds me of a youth experience.   They may still do it but remember when state troopers would sit on the side of the road and do random car inspections?   One day north of Medina I was by myself and I came racing down an exit ramp and slammed on the breaks.  I was sliding several feet with that load  screeching noise from the brakes.  As I started on to the next road I saw a trooper standing 🧍‍♂️ outside of his car wiggling his finger for me to come to him.  When I pulled over he immediately started inspecting the car.  When he was done he asked..... OK, tell me what just happened.   I said, I always wondered what would happen if I had to slam on my breaks in an emergency.   I noticed noone was around me so I tried it.  He ask, do you now know?  I answered yes.  He  sternly said,  Then don't do it again.  Then he let me go ticket free.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like a cool place. Glad you are having fun. Don't think I would attempt to do the bungie trampoline after I just ate.😜

Now you see I would probably make the mistake of doing it.  I will try Sky Pad if given the opportunity but maybe not a wise move even if I haven't been eating.   I think it was Anthem that used to have some circus setup that I didn't make it on and regretted missing the opportunity.   I don't thing they have them anymore. 

• Like 3

My husband had to prep for a MRI that he had done last Monday. Clear liquids for 24 hour and then an enema the morning of. Last night the patient portal showed his results. We tried reading, our daughter that is an oncology nurse tried helping and my husband then googled it. I told him it was a big mistake and to close the laptop. He called the office this morning and was told he has an appointment already scheduled in 2 weeks to discuss the results. Why would they give you the results knowing that it's only going to cause stress? But we did learn something new. They ask if you have ever gotten a tattoo in prison because most of them contain metal.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My husband had to prep for a MRI that he had done last Monday. Clear liquids for 24 hour and then an enema the morning of. Last night the patient portal showed his results. We tried reading, our daughter that is an oncology nurse tried helping and my husband then googled it. I told him it was a big mistake and to close the laptop. He called the office this morning and was told he has an appointment already scheduled in 2 weeks to discuss the results. Why would they give you the results knowing that it's only going to cause stress? But we did learn something new. They ask if you have ever gotten a tattoo in prison because most of them contain metal.

Wishing him the best. 

Certain Dr's offices will never upload results till after your follow up on the mri. But some will.......patient's rights and all that legality. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2