Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Suddenly, I just want home….

I can understand.  When the group was deciding the next ride Sharon asked if I had a favorite.  I said, Southwest Airlines.  😂. She said the lines are too long for Southwest.  I have to wait until Saturday. 

I am enjoying your pictures.  Enjoy the rest of your stay.  2 days will go quickly. 

• Haha 3

We are not huge movie goers but try to see most of the movies nominated for Oscar best pictures , we watched a very interesting by bazaar movie last weekend “Everything everywhere all at once “ it’s on showtime, did like Jamie Lee Curtis who is nominated for best supporting actress  . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Operation is next Wednesday.  We have been getting lots of items she will need post-operation, and the last of them should be here this weekend.

We will have the grandkids for a couple days, while she is in the hospital.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for your daughter's operation and successful recovery.

Graham.

• Like 8

we leave on our rock and romance cruise in exactly 4 weeks ( we do this yearly)

lineup isn’t as good as previous years but not bad

John Lodge ( from moody blues )

the Orchestra ( members from ELO) great show

Robert Hart ( from Bad Company)

Jefferson Starship

The Hollies

Danny Seraphine ( founding member of Chicago)

Don Felder ( from Eagles) 

also Leo Sayer , Grass Roots , Steve Augeri ( lead singer Journey)

Pure Prarie League, others

and lots of cover bands 

this is on celebrity summit we splurge for royal suite for this , fun listening to there stories also and we have had nice conversations with a few.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Whether the x-ray had been obtained the day of the injury or two days later made no difference to the final outcome. 

Yes Dr said the same thing but the mother in me felt pretty bad as we just kept telling the then 16 year old to suck it up.  He felt, or at least acted, much better after the diagnosis and getting his splint.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is the way it works out for some of us.   

I remember thinking - Now that we have paid for our kids college education, that will be the end of the money drain.

Then, after paying for two weddings, I thought that would be the end.

Then we started that tradition of taking them, and the grandkids, along for winter holidays each year.  

But I wouldn’t change a thing.  

Agree, went thru the same, college ✔️, wedding ✔️ figured we were done but wouldn't have it any other way.  Have only done 1 family trip but live at the beach and have the 2nd home in PA on a lake.  Great places to gather everyone and make a vacation for the family.  Hope it continues as the grandkids get older.

@dani negreanu your pictures are beautiful,  hoping the weather cooperates for the rest of your stay.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, George C said:

Jefferson Starship

The Hollies

and lots of cover bands 

this is on celebrity summit we splurge for royal suite for this , fun listening to there stories also and we have had nice conversations with a few.

A lot of great bands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for your daughter's operation and successful recovery.

Graham.

From me too!!

1 hour ago, George C said:

Jefferson Starship

The Hollies

and lots of cover bands 

Looks like you'll have a great time.  Isn't Steve Perry lead singer of Journey?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Jefferson Starship

The Hollies

and lots of cover bands 

Nice line up.  Sounds like lots of fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

A lot of great bands.

The lineup really isn’t as good as past  we have seen America, Boz Scaggs, Michael McDonald etc, I think Covid scared some entertainment from cruises , originally B J Thomas was scheduled had seen him a few times on this , extremely friendly he passed last year . He had a funny story about going to Burt Bacharach house late at night in late 60’s and Angie Dickerson answered at told Burt there was a boy to see you.

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

From me too!!

he was but was replaced, many of these bands only have a few original members , last year we talked to the drummer from Guess Who and he was the only original member . Had nice conversations last year with Rita Coolidge and also Maria Muldaur. 
we also need a Covid test for this cruise. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

From me too!!

Augeri replaced Steve Perry, lasted a few years before he was out as well.

Saw Journey around 86/87, Steve Perry was amazing...one of my top 10 concerts 

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Augeri replaced Steve Perry, lasted a few years before he was out as well.

I had just googled him because I didn't realize he existed after Steve Perry, I thought it was just the Steve Perry imitator guy.  Augeri was actually with Journey for 8 years and 3 albums.  I was very surprised!  I never liked Journey after Steve Perry left.  We had seen them a few times before he left.  They were great live!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Why?  Ship requirement or port of call requirement

It’s a charter , the charter company is making it a requirement, last year we did Covid test 3 days before then had to do another before we boarded wasn’t happy about that . We have had our shots and three boosters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@sgmn & @A&L_Ont Happy Birthday Sue and to Lisa.

On 2/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta, glad we’re not talking about the Big C.

@NHProud Judy, thanks for your well wishes via email. Got it on our way to the airport and I have a bug in my phone — I can only send emails when I’m at home, not in the car or abroad…

Yesterday — flying from Tel Aviv to Venice via Athens — I’ve never felt so helpless in my entire life to the point of wanting to sit down near the boarding gate and cry myself senseless….

Originally I’ve booked a DIRECT flight for today, due to land in Venice early afternoon. 2 weeks after I got an email, that the flight will depart instead at 5pm, landing almost at 9pm. The apartment was already booked for February 14 to 18. 

The only available flight was a day earlier and via Athens, with the same company.  Whenever we had no choice but to book a connecting flight, we always booked with the same company, and all was OK.

Booked another night at a hotel, since the apt. wasn’t free. Not the best situation, but I took it in a stride.

So yesterday morning the flight departed late. Along with 2 other couples, we asked the crew what are our options, should the connection be too tight. She told us “there is no other flight today to Venice. The plane will wait for you, along with a “connection agent” who will take care of you. No worries…”

Turns out buses are used and we sat in the bus until the last passenger got in, along with a mom of twins, who needed 5 hands + help. All this time “the connection agent (CA)” is with us, telling us that boarding has begun, but…. you guessed “no worries”. 

Finally at the terminal CA started to rush us, practically running ahead. The 2 young couples keep up with him, I ran with the carry on and the hand bag somewhere in between and hubby barely makes it in the back. After turning one two many corners, I yell at CA that we can’t keep with him…. Somehow I “catch” him at…. border control, he’s “negotiating” that all 6 of us will skip the line… I ask “we’re in TRANSIT”, why should we pass border control when we don’t stay in Greece?” He just says “that’s it”, you’re on your own and leaves…

We pass b.c., then security, and, then, of course is gate 27 out of 30… We run and run, and find at the end the 2 couples deceived… the bus to the plane left. When asked about “no worries” the agent at the closed boarding said “we don’t wait for anybody”, go to the service desk and they’ll put you in another flight….

So, in the end, it took 3 flights to reach Venice (via Belgrade, with Air Serbia) and we got there… you guessed, at 9PM (left home at 5am).

Dani sorry for the horrible experience you went thru. What a nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1