Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I worked for Bank of America Field Services from 2008-2012, located on Corporate Drive in Plano across from JC Penny headquarters off Legacy Dr.  They were bought over by Safeguard Properties.  80% of us over 50 yrs olds were laid off but that's another story.  Age discrimination DOES exist in our great country.

Pure perfection!  Thank you for sharing this special day(s) with us.  

Congratulations on your MIL's special birthday.

Wishing you the best and most wonderful lifecycle events to celebrate with your family.

Looking forward to seeing you on Oasis soon!!

Several companies try to get rid of people over 50, I was in a small class action against one of them but nothing happened there, loads of the people I worked with were let go, our office did all the IT work , I was part of a large group that tested all the software before it we live.

I personally dislike Disney but one of my nieces love it had has been there scores of times , she and her husband just wrote a new book on a Disney resort that didn’t happen , they were researching it for last few years and it will be published in September.

• Like 3

Severe weather is imminent.  T-storms, hail, tornadoes, typical TX weather.  Uh oh, siren just went on.    No worries, this is not an isolated incident.  Happens lots.  Severe weather advisory until 7:15 Central Time. 

Stay safe for those in the path of this storm.

I'm out of here.  See you in one hour!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Severe weather is imminent.  T-storms, hail, tornadoes, typical TX weather.  Uh oh, siren just went on.    No worries, this is not an isolated incident.  Happens lots.  Severe weather advisory until 7:15 Central Time. 

Stay safe for those in the path of this storm.

I'm out of here.  See you in one hour!  

Got our flashlight out just in case we lose power should hit my neighborhood in about 15 mins , tornado sirens just went off.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, Bailey & Sophie said:

I love court tv. Got hooked during OJ and then Jodi Arias. Sadly cable dumped the channel years ago.

We can now get it on regular TV so I have to watch it in the sewing room where we don't have cable.

Murdaugh sure knows how to play the game. I'm undecided how the jury will go.

Now , we have an answer after less than 3 hours of deliberation by the jury . No waterworks or drama by the accused. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wish I was too!    We have the cruise booked for end of this month with Chris and Donna as a wedding present.    I wish I could take more time off from work but I already have put in for 6 weeks of vacation time this year for various cruises and our time at our shore house (and I only started last August).    Although I am eyeing up a 5 night Bermuda cruise for either July or August.  😇

I hope to meet everyone on this thread someday!!!     

We’re on the same page!  I’m eyeing the 5 night Bermudas in late August.

• Like 2

I agree about the tribal councils on survivor.  They have definitely evolved over the years.  I was finding myself annoyed by the huddling up & whispering.  About 3 seasons ago I finally quit watching after never missing an episode.  not a fan of the direction it went.  when it got into accusations of racism etc i was out.

• Like 6

This is one major storm.  When I looked outside about 30 minutes ago, I saw debris flying in the air. 

So windy, heavy rain was swirling in circles.  

Seems to have gotten a tiny bit better outside.  Haven't seen strong T-storms in approx. 30 minutes which lit up the sky.  Oh, those booms were loud!

TX weather where I am can be very fierce and severe.

I didn't detect any hail so I hope our car is ok.

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

This is one major storm.  When I looked outside about 30 minutes ago, I saw debris flying in the air. 

Seems to have gotten a tiny bit better outside.  Haven't seen strong T-storms in approx. 30 minutes which lit up the sky.  Oh, those booms were loud!

This was one of the loudest storms I have ever heard. Winds up to 80 miles a hour. I find it annoying that every local station played nothing but weather news from 4 pm to at least 8 . 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hope you brought everything inside that wasn't bolted down, because who knows where it is now? 80 Mph wind gusts is pretty strong.

Is your electric on poles or in the ground in your neighborhood?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 4:45 AM, dani negreanu said:

@aussielozzie18, @MJSailors and @sgmn

I've read all the 3 books of the Thursday Murder Club....

So far, the 2nd one (The man who died twice) was, IMHO, the best 😎

Enjoying now the newest Deborah Crombie's "A killing of innocents". I've read all her books in the series.

I did read the 1st one in Thursday Murder Club. I enjoyed it. Will move on to the others.

I just finished Hemingway's Widow, about Ernest Hemingway's 4th wife Mary. In my opinion, it was a dud and I don't recommend it. Others may disagree and that's OK with me.

What I gleaned from the 400+ pages: she was a - frequented many beds - (a word I can't use here), he was a jerk, they deserved each other, and she enjoyed being his widow more than his wife.

Apparently she wrote her own book about their life together but only used the "good stuff."

Now I'm reading Before She Disappeared by Lisa Gardner. Just started but I think it will be a good one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Hope you brought everything inside that wasn't bolted down, because who knows where it is now? 80 Mph wind gusts is pretty strong.

Is your electric on poles or in the ground in your neighborhood?

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sparky my bed hog.  20230226_134725.thumb.jpg.999effb58616990506ed0cc385585c95.jpg😸

Such a comfy look and I love the nautical blankie.

Jimbo, I hit the wrong key and can't respond to your post in the usual manner.

Nothing was damaged due to the storm and our electric is on poles.  I read the cost to bury lines underground would be prohibitive.  We never lost power for which I'm happy.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

DNA update:

I contacted my suspected half-brother on Wednesday afternoon.  He was floored.  I found out that one of his uncles was in this area at the time of my conception, so there's a possibility we're cousins instead of half-siblings.  (His other uncle isn't a possibility for my birthfather, because I got a DNA match of "cousin" with that uncle's daughter -- if it was him, we'd have matched as half-siblings instead.)  I ordered him a DNA kit, it should arrive on Monday, so hopefully within 3-4 weeks we'll know for sure.  

I actually kinda hope he's my cousin instead of brother, because his uncle is still alive and would happily accept me as his daughter, whereas my suspected brother's father passed away in 2016. The way my suspected brother put it, however long it takes to drive from Alabama to my house is how long it would take for me to get a knock on my front door if we find out it's his uncle who is my father.  

Either way, I have an aunt who lives about ten miles away from me, and a bunch of cousins and second cousins.  My paternal grandfather was one of at least 8 kids, and he had at least 10 kids with three wives.  My paternal grandmother was one of 12 kids, and she had at least 5 kids with two husbands.  So I have roughly eleventy bazillion cousins, second cousins, third cousins, etc. 

With such huge families on both my grandfather's and my grandmother's sides, it makes a lot more sense why out of the 70K matches off my DNA, 48K are from my paternal DNA and only 19K are from my maternal DNA!

And no matter which of the brothers is my father, it appears that I'm going to be welcomed into the family by pretty much everyone.  I've already been told that I'm coming to the family reunion in June!  LOL  My suspected brother has told me that he wants to get to know me, whether I'm his sister or his cousin.  ❤️

All in all, this is about the best outcome I could have hoped for. So many adoptees (or even just people who find out from DNA that they have a different blood family.... lots of people are discovering through DNA tests that their father wasn't really their father) get the cold shoulder when they try to make contact with their relatives.  Even in my own case, my aunts (my birthmother's sisters) have been more welcoming and accepting of me than the woman who carried me.  

So it will be about a month until we know for sure which is my father, but everyone says that they can tell by my pictures that I'm definitely one of the family.  After five decades of not belonging and not being wanted (my adoptive family put the "fun" in "dysfunctional"), it sure does put a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart to "belong" somewhere.  

<<< We now return you to your previously scheduled programming, already in progress. Further updates as events warrant. >>> 

• Like 39
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, brillohead said:

it sure does put a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart to "belong" somewhere.  

Debbi, so glad you've got a warm welcome. 🤞 you'll finally find your roots.

Kind of a "wake up call" for those of us who take having known parents for granted....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

DNA update:

I contacted my suspected half-brother on Wednesday afternoon.  He was floored.  I found out that one of his uncles was in this area at the time of my conception, so there's a possibility we're cousins instead of half-siblings.  (His other uncle isn't a possibility for my birthfather, because I got a DNA match of "cousin" with that uncle's daughter -- if it was him, we'd have matched as half-siblings instead.)  I ordered him a DNA kit, it should arrive on Monday, so hopefully within 3-4 weeks we'll know for sure.  

I actually kinda hope he's my cousin instead of brother, because his uncle is still alive and would happily accept me as his daughter, whereas my suspected brother's father passed away in 2016. The way my suspected brother put it, however long it takes to drive from Alabama to my house is how long it would take for me to get a knock on my front door if we find out it's his uncle who is my father.  

Either way, I have an aunt who lives about ten miles away from me, and a bunch of cousins and second cousins.  My paternal grandfather was one of at least 8 kids, and he had at least 10 kids with three wives.  My paternal grandmother was one of 12 kids, and she had at least 5 kids with two husbands.  So I have roughly eleventy bazillion cousins, second cousins, third cousins, etc. 

With such huge families on both my grandfather's and my grandmother's sides, it makes a lot more sense why out of the 70K matches off my DNA, 48K are from my paternal DNA and only 19K are from my maternal DNA!

And no matter which of the brothers is my father, it appears that I'm going to be welcomed into the family by pretty much everyone.  I've already been told that I'm coming to the family reunion in June!  LOL  My suspected brother has told me that he wants to get to know me, whether I'm his sister or his cousin.  ❤️

All in all, this is about the best outcome I could have hoped for. So many adoptees (or even just people who find out from DNA that they have a different blood family.... lots of people are discovering through DNA tests that their father wasn't really their father) get the cold shoulder when they try to make contact with their relatives.  Even in my own case, my aunts (my birthmother's sisters) have been more welcoming and accepting of me than the woman who carried me.  

So it will be about a month until we know for sure which is my father, but everyone says that they can tell by my pictures that I'm definitely one of the family.  After five decades of not belonging and not being wanted (my adoptive family put the "fun" in "dysfunctional"), it sure does put a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart to "belong" somewhere.  

<<< We now return you to your previously scheduled programming, already in progress. Further updates as events warrant. >>> 

I'm really happy for you. As someone you grew up in a very close family I understand both what you have been missing and what you are discovering. Keep us updated.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

DNA update:

Debbie how exciting for you

I know you cannot  wait to meet and  to discover your family members, these situations are new to all involved.

Just think, as they find out about you, and all your accomplishments how proud of you they will be.

I pray for great outcomes

Be safe

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So our “kitten” soon to be “cat” ( Lizzy)  is going thru the toddlers stage and testing authority. This morning as I awoke I found someone on the dresser just staring at me. 
She loves mirrors. I put pillows up there in an attempt to stop the behavior. ( lol). 
Spay bottle works better. 

343D4669-1BFA-4CF9-9DD8-3F496558DEDF.thumb.jpeg.9963c01d6df43893e913bb6d74b26771.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

DNA update:

Wow such great news, definitely keep us updated.  I worked with a woman who searched for her biological parents.  It took years but she was successful and welcomed into the family, her parents actually stayed together and had additional children so she full siblings.  Hoping you have successful results as she has, sounds very promising.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

DNA update:

I am so happy that your DNA journey has brought you to your family who are welcoming you no matter what the final outcome will be.  Well done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1