Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Hope everyone is well. Thanks for joining us over at the "Live" thread. I probably will not be around here much for next week. I mainly will be creating and posting content on our review. Thanks to everyone who joined in. Wish us luck!

• Like 12

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

As difficult as it will be, keep your spirits up as well as your daughter. A positive attitude is important. Even when there may be a disappointing setback, as long as testing & treatment continues, then a positive outcome is always possible.

+ 1 for @h20skibum  Please make sure to take care of yourself while caring for everyone else.    I know we all will do anything we can to make sure our children our healthy, safe and happy but remember to take care of yourself as they need you.    Better days for All are on their way🥰

• Like 8

The Player’s Championship already got hit with March weather. A storm moved in so today’s round will finish tomorrow morning. 
I was happy when it moved to May, even with the heat, because we volunteers suffered for years with freezing wind, freezing rain, or both, in March. 
The course is a great one for spectators. 
But not when there’s lightning!

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Happy birthday from me also, Dani.  Good people were born in March.

Enjoy your day Dani. Definitely good people were born in March, my daughter the 8th, my mom the 13th. My mom would have been 100, I know she would have made it if not for the accident😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that I was tagged in a couple of posts by @LionesssSue and @dani negreanu Dani.  Once again, I am far behind, and Susan and I have been running on about 3 hours sleep. 

I will keep this short.  Monday was my worst birthday ever.  That’s when we found out that our daughter’s cancer has spread to one of her lymph nodes.  So more treatments to come, but this time it will be daily radiation. 

To add more excitement to the mix, I had an appointment with a cardiologist, had an EKG, at the hospital for an echocardiogram, and now I am wearing this fancy heart monitor for the next month. 

9FC80C3F-43C7-4C24-A41D-4A6D642112A1.thumb.jpeg.2b2f38256cf3d281a4f3e2596f9c61f1.jpeg

More tests and appointments to come for our daughter, me, and Susan, so we have to make sure only one of us has something on any one day.  

Finally settling in to our newest crazy routine.  

Meanwhile, Ricky gives me one of those looks every day. 

A9A57E10-B463-4AE4-99EA-468D739730FF.thumb.jpeg.7531fa0bed61aac24906a7a356b8bad0.jpeg

Heartbreaking news. I am so sorry you and your family are going through this.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The Player’s Championship already got hit with March weather. A storm moved in so today’s round will finish tomorrow morning. 
I was happy when it moved to May, even with the heat, because we volunteers suffered for years with freezing wind, freezing rain, or both, in March. 

We’ll be there tomorrow and Sunday. Weather looks good for the weekend!

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that I was tagged in a couple of posts by @LionesssSue and @dani negreanu Dani.  Once again, I am far behind, and Susan and I have been running on about 3 hours sleep. 

I will keep this short.  Monday was my worst birthday ever.  That’s when we found out that our daughter’s cancer has spread to one of her lymph nodes.  So more treatments to come, but this time it will be daily radiation. 

To add more excitement to the mix, I had an appointment with a cardiologist, had an EKG, at the hospital for an echocardiogram, and now I am wearing this fancy heart monitor for the next month. 

9FC80C3F-43C7-4C24-A41D-4A6D642112A1.thumb.jpeg.2b2f38256cf3d281a4f3e2596f9c61f1.jpeg

More tests and appointments to come for our daughter, me, and Susan, so we have to make sure only one of us has something on any one day.  

A9A57E10-B463-4AE4-99EA-468D739730FF.thumb.jpeg.7531fa0bed61aac24906a7a356b8bad0.jpeg

Sending prayers and hugs to you, your daughter and your family

Ricky is adorable 

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’ve done the Hawaii to Vancouver twice and loved it, but this time there’s less ports in Hawaii, so we passed on it.
Our last time was in 2019 was 12 nights on Radiance -  2 days in Honolulu, 2 days in Maui, 2 days in Hawaii and 1 in Kauai. If we see that again I’m jumping on it. 

The one we booked last year and got cancelled had more ports.  It was disappointing this one had less ports but I think we will enjoy it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Well my son finally put ring on it.  I am very happy.  His girlfriend is so nice.  My to be grandson is pretty great too.

Resized_20230310_120656.thumb.jpeg.ccb632eab72e81e07e630f606cf5bb50.jpeg

Congratulations 🥂💖

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We hit a bit of rain driving south today but snuck through 2 fronts just above you.  Looked pretty nasty on the radar.  Enjoy the weekend.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So sorry to read about this setback. Continued prayers for your daughter to get through this successfully. Strength to you and Susan for being the type of parents everyone should have.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Well my son finally put ring on it.  I am very happy.  His girlfriend is so nice.  My to be grandson is pretty great too.

Congratulations on your son's engagement.  Beautiful ring!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

I love that you're excited about your "grandson-to-be".  He's getting a pretty awesome bonus grandparent, IMO!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

I just noticed on the Bella cruise thread that people had completed their health check in.  What happens if you have not had a booster?  

Absolutely nothing.  

You say "yes" you're vaxxed and "no" you're not boosted and (hopefully) "no" you're not pregnant, and you get checked in just like normal.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So so sorry Mark, it sounds though that you and your daughter are getting excellent treatment.

Hoping for a positive outcome for you both 🙏 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Heartfelt congratulations 🌷

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Belated Birthday Mark🎂🎂🎂

Jim had a Birthday onboard this week, on the 6th.  I agree about good people being born in March☺️

@h20skibum

Happy Belated Birthday to Jim and Mark, who, turns out, share a b'day (March 6th).

For us, March is also a very good month. My beloved late dad was born March 1st (sharing it with our assassinated PM, Yitzhak Rabin), DS1 -- March 14th (sharing it with Prince Albert of Monaco 😉), with me following 3 days after.

Three very good friends of mine were born 15, 30 and 31. 

• Like 8

Speaking of March 6th, I got an email from one of the ancestry sites last week, reminding me it was my great grandparents anniversary.  They were married in 1865.  When I looked at their ages (he was ready to turn 40, and she was 17), I wondered what could they possibly have in common?  Maybe the war reduced the available men.

Of course, my grandfather would not be born for another 20 years, and his wife was 14 years younger.  It appears I come from a family of cradle robbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10