Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Today  (Wednesday) is day four from symptoms and each day I'm feeling better, though after going for a short walk to the end of the road yesterday I felt pretty tired. 

More importantly little Isaac is in hospital again. Last night was the third night. They are concerned about his  oxygen levels and want to monitor them particularly when he's sleeping. 

Hopefully he'll be released today  I feel bad we can't help my son and DIL with care as they are there the whole time and struggling to work as much as possible too, but because of my covid we can't even visit 

I hope everyone in your office, and especially you, are OK. Covid is such an insidious illness, you don't realise you've got it until a few days into being infectious.

So hard to see the little ones in the hospital.  My grandson only spent 1 night and it hurt.  Prayers that he will be better soon.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We never considered a cabana when it was just the 2 of us, but our cruise next year is a family cruise that we're paying for with 3 cabins.  I thought that would be the perfect time to splurge on an over water cabana.  Not at $4100!

The only time we have gotten a cabana is when we had both kids and their significant others with us.  We paid $250 for one of the waterfront ones in Labadee, and that hurt to pay that price.  Something has to give soon with the prices Royal is asking.  Crazy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My heart is heavy today.  I found out this morning that one of my closest TX friends passed away suddenly a few days ago. Recently, she laughed when I told her she was a new friend of mine, of only 20 years.

She was found on the floor by a friend who had her key.  She was rushed to the hospital and passed away 3 days later. The friend who found her did not have my contact info but she was able to call someone who alerted me today. 

The only chronic ailment she had was asthma (that I knew of).  I have no idea what the cause of death was but it really doesn't much matter.  She's gone forever. Tomorrow is a memorial service for her.  In life, she chose to be cremated when the time came, as was her husband a few years ago.  They had no children and doted on their nieces, nephews and their grandnieces and grandnephews. They were world travelers after retirement from gov't careers.  They also visited every single U.S. presidential library.   Asia, Scandanavia, Australia, France were their playgrounds.  True cultural history buffs. I love you Cheri. I'm devastated. I'll miss our many phone calls, our laughter, our yummy lunches.  YOU were the ultimate mah jongg queen. I'll miss you forever.

If you have a good friend you haven't spoken to in awhile, give her/him a call and smile together.

I knew this was a safe place to come in and "talk".

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My heart is heavy today.  I found out this morning that one of my closest TX friends passed away suddenly a few days ago. Recently, she laughed when I told her she was a new friend of mine, of only 20 years.

She was found on the floor by a friend who had her key.  She was rushed to the hospital and passed away 3 days later. The friend who found her did not have my contact info but she was able to call someone who alerted me today. 

The only chronic ailment she had was asthma (that I knew of).  I have no idea what the cause of death was but it really doesn't much matter.  She's gone forever. Tomorrow is a memorial service for her.  In life, she chose to be cremated when the time came, as was her husband a few years ago.  They had no children and doted on their nieces, nephews and their grandnieces and grandnephews. They were world travelers after retirement from gov't careers.  They also visited every single U.S. presidential library.   Asia, Scandanavia, Australia, France were their playgrounds.  True cultural history buffs. I love you Cheri. I'm devastated. I'll miss our many phone calls, our laughter, our yummy lunches.  YOU were the ultimate mah jongg queen. I'll miss you forever.

If you have a good friend you haven't spoken to in awhile, give her/him a call and smile together.

So sorry to hear this Bonnie.  She sounds like she was a great woman who will be dearly missed.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mo&fran said:

That is the car you  buy and store till the auction prices go through the roof.

We have seen it before with some of the Ford GT cars they build, and they are not Mustang GT's.

Back in 2017 a car dealer I know had two buyers waiting for the latest version of the Ford GT (2017 model) if he could get them. The price, $1.2 million when the base price was $400,000.  He fulfilled the orders. 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont

This would make a nice addition to your stable. 😁

Agreed. We might have to find something more practical for Owen in the next 6 months or so. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry to read of the passing of your friend.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry to see this.  Hugs (())

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm so sorry to hear your devastating news about your dear friend Bonnie.

My prayers 🙏 and condolences to you and all who loved her.

Graham x.

Deepest-Sympathy-Gif_01b_wordsjustforyou_090321.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonnie, I'm so sorry for your loss of a dear friend. May she rest in peace and you cherish all the great memories you had together in your heart.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Im so sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like she had a wonderful life. May you always enjoy your memories of your time spent with her. {{hugs}}

• Like 1

I'm so very sorry for your loss. 😪 What a tragedy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 70°F here.

We had a nice lunch today.

I had a steak sandwich and Pauline had a prawn sandwich.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20230823_120814.jpg

You always have the best looking lunches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1