If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, BND said:

Where my mother in law lives has done a fabulous job.  She lives in an Erickson Community which is mostly independent living but they do have long term and memory care as well as assisted living.  The only part of the community that takes medicare is the rehab/long term care section and that's where they've had the vast majority of cases.  25 in the extended care, 45 staff (they're hands on so it's to be expected) and 2 in independent living.  12 deaths total and they were all patients in the long term care and not all were residents before Covid.  Some were transferred there after they got sick by their families.  Just like in our county where almost 70% of deaths were in the 80+ age group and in long term care facilities. 

Most everyone living there because it's on their own dime are very well educated. A lot of retired Dr's, military officers, etc.  They pretty much all want the vaccine and have been asking how soon they can get it.  Most of them lived through things like polio and have a different perspective than some 40 year old who never had to worry about it.

Your statement caused me to remember something my 91 year old father recently said.  We were out for a drs appoint, he wanted to go to the bank (lobby closed, long line at the drive up), and he needed some groceries (which I normally bring into him to limit his exposure).  He mentioned he needed paper products (TP, paper towels, etc,), and soup.  I explained to him that I needed to know the 'grocery things' in advance because there were limits and shortages.  He was quiet for a moment and then said "This is like when we were at war." 

I guess, in a way, we are.

• Like 1

Been listening to the Senate about covid going on now. 46 distribution centers told to have their plans by oct 16, not just distribution, but cold storage required. 50 states, so some states have to drive to another state?

Only 13% say they will get a vaccination right away. 23% say never. 

I put 91 octane in my A6 .  i dont know what it costs because i never look .

I think 87  is 99 cents a liter . They always put the cheapest gas price on their sign.

The way i figure , if i need gas i buy it , dont really have much of a choice if i want to drive.

Hope this clears things up a little .

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Been listening to the Senate about covid going on now. 46 distribution centers told to have their plans by oct 16, not just distribution, but cold storage required. 50 states, so some states have to drive to another state?

Only 13% say they will get a vaccination right away. 23% say never. 

Johnson and Johnson's vaccine doesn't required cold storage, just refrigeration and appears to only need one shot.  Never is the 23%'s problem.  You do not need 100% of people vaccinated for herd immunity but it does make a difference as has been proven by every other vaccine out there and the anti-vaxxers, which is why things like whooping cough still exists.  Problem is, babies who get whooping cough get very very sick.

Edited by BND

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, sandy toes said:

I am NOT an anti-vaccine person. 

I have a biochem background and have worked in the medical field, critical care.

I will NOT get any rushed vaccine, ever. I am not willing to be part of a test group for anything fast-tracked. 

That said, when a proven vaccine, a safe vaccine is available then YES I will get one. 

NOT being political but am standing with science on this one. 

And to all those earlier posters that said something about the numbers.

Every number is someone's family member. Every number is one too many. 

ALL of us need to do whatever we can to help get this "thing" under control.

Everyone stay safe and I hope to see you on ship soon.

Feel the same way. I can stay safe in the meantime wearing my mask and social distancing. 

I don’t see how it could be required. Would RCI assume the liability for adverse effects? 

55 minutes ago, Longstockingpippi1 said:

Feel the same way. I can stay safe in the meantime wearing my mask and social distancing. 

I don’t see how it could be required. Would RCI assume the liability for adverse effects? 

Why would they be liable for anything. It's a voluntary action on your part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longstockingpippi1 said:

No, just like they have rules about smoking and don't assume the liability for its adverse effects.

52 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Why would they be liable for anything. It's a voluntary action on your part.

If they require it to cruise it’s not voluntary. Unlike a mask a vaccine could wreck havoc with your body. If they require it after I’ve already booked my cruise I would expect a full refund. Since they have changed the passage rules.

Cruising is a privilege not a right.  If you chose to cruise you are assuming the risk that is inherent with any travel.  If Royal (or any cruise line) requires a COVID test the guest will have the option of having the test and cruising or taking a refund/FCC. 

It is the same as when a hurricane is in the area of a cruise.  The guest assumes the risk that they might have to sail through a hurricane and the danger that may involve.  If you chose not to go on a potential hurricane cruise, then most cruise lines will offer a refund.

It is the guest who will make the decision concerning what is right for them physically and mentally.

Edited by keyboardjunkie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Longstockingpippi1 said:

If they require it to cruise it’s not voluntary. Unlike a mask a vaccine could wreck havoc with your body. If they require it after I’ve already booked my cruise I would expect a full refund. Since they have changed the passage rules.

Sorry, but boarding the ship is voluntary

Case dismissed.

Your new point is a totally different matter

The vaccines may not have the 80% efficacy needed to extinguish the pandemic. It's been reported that these vaccines will only provide a 50-65% efficacy. FDA said the minimum for approval is 50%. If the vaccines only provide 50%-60% efficacy we will still have to maintain the same covid prevention protocols such as social distancing and wearing masks. Personally I would get a vaccine but I think it's been promoted as a magic cure and it will definitely not be that.

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

The vaccines may not have the 80% efficacy needed to extinguish the pandemic. It's been reported that these vaccines will only provide a 50-65% efficacy. FDA said the minimum for approval is 50%. If the vaccines only provide 50%-60% efficacy we will still have to maintain the same covid prevention protocols such as social distancing and wearing masks. Personally I would get a vaccine but I think it's been promoted as a magic cure and it will definitely not be that.

Unfortunately the social distancing and masks story will likely be here to stay for the next years to come.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, sandy toes said:

I am NOT an anti-vaccine person. 

I have a biochem background and have worked in the medical field, critical care.

I will NOT get any rushed vaccine, ever. I am not willing to be part of a test group for anything fast-tracked. 

That said, when a proven vaccine, a safe vaccine is available then YES I will get one. 

NOT being political but am standing with science on this one. 

And to all those earlier posters that said something about the numbers.

Every number is someone's family member. Every number is one too many. 

ALL of us need to do whatever we can to help get this "thing" under control.

Everyone stay safe and I hope to see you on ship soon.

Well said

On 10/4/2020 at 1:56 PM, flyguyjake said:

This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

• Like 4

Covid 19 testing is being mandated. Mandating a vaccination when they become available is definitely a possibility. I expect that by the time that happens, if it does, you will have time to cancel and get a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also, between the US and the UK about 150,000 people have participated in COVID vaccine trials.  Exactly zero people have died. Exactly zero people have had long term side effects.  A handful, less than 5 people, have required hospitalization, most when in phase 1 trials when the dosages were being calculated and high dosages were administered.

Zero out of 150,000 plus people have died or had significant side effects from the vaccine.  In that same period of time, over 100,000 people have died from COVID with another several hundred thousand being hospitalized.  Which is causing more harm, releasing the vaccine or holding it for further study.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

People will get the "tetanus arm" effect unfortunately as you are having a needle stuck into your arm and kept there for a few seconds and you may move a little bit as a result so it and prods around a bit. Sadly  that magical needleless injector off star trek that even works through clothing has not been invented yet! 😁

Edited by ace2542