What's your 2021 Looking like?

RickinStl

Our next one is Allure in August in an Aquatheater Suite, then Oasis in September in a CL, then the Harmony TA in late October. All these were booked pre-COVID. Prices are a lot higher now on all of them. I could deal with “ship-only” excursions on all of these and not leave the ship much. 

I was planning on applying FCCs to all of them but I am getting concerned with the ability to use the FCCs if these cruises are affected or if RCCL doesn’t extend that April 2022 date. I have three that I can covert to a refund and I may do that to two of them. One would need to be done by 12/31/2020. 

2022 is looking busy.

January Oasis in an A2,

January on Celebrity Apex in SS

January on Celebrity Reflection in SS

June Arctic Circle on Jewel

August on Harmony in 4-bdr suite

Brilliance in October Italy/Adriatic

Brilliance TA, maybe 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

We have a Royal June (50% chance in my opinion), Oceania (60% Chance IMO), two MSC in August (75% IMO), one NCL in November (I am almost 100% on this one) and A-Rosa over Christmas (Same almost 100%)..

One L&S from March 2021 --> March 2022 (Same almost 100% here)

8 hours ago, twangster said:

My 2020 was supposed to be my push to accomplish bucket list cruises and more cruises in regions around the world with nothing booked in the Caribbean.  The Med, Greece, Norway, South Pacific, Alaska, etc.  

When my summer 2020 abroad was wiped out I initially rebuilt similar plans for 2021 but then it became clear that 2021 was not going to be a normal cruise experience.  I didn't want to visit bucket list destinations and be forced into ship bubbles or bubble excursions with no opportunity for self-exploration.  

When my 2021 Galapagos cruise was cancelled I started to question the notion of cruising in 2021.  I had bookings early in 2021 back in the Caribbean as a means to stay closer to home and minimize international air travel uncertainties.  Then those were wiped out.  

I've had over 40 cruises booked or cancelled as this evolved.  Some of those overlap as I shifted cruise away from Europe to sail closer to home so it's not like I could have actually sailed all 40 cruises.   At one point I thought blitzing Alaska in 2021 would allow me to stay closer to home and fly domestically but then the protocols were announced and I realized I didn't want to sail to Alaska under the protocols. 

I can stay on a ship the whole cruise in the Caribbean but in Alaska I want to self explore so I've shifted all but one cruise out of 2021.  

The vast majority of my booking were refundable so as they refunded I'd book something else refundable.  I had only 3 NRD cruises so those are still on the books but 2 of them moved in 2022 now.  

As RCI became a little sneaky changing refunds to FCC or changing refundable bookings to NRD I vowed to stop booking new cruises until I see them return to the ethical company I used to know.  I feel confident they will go back to the cruise line we knew before, I just need to see it.

Despite my vow to book nothing new I did find a good price on another SilverSea cruise in 2023 on a new ship.  It's far enough out that I feel somewhat safe with it.  The higher price for SS will mean skipping some RCI cruises but in the end Fain gets my money one way or another.  

I have to renew my passport in 2021 so now with my cruise calendar very empty that will be easier to manage.  

Now I'm starting to question if my spring 2022 cruises will be normal.  Really hoping Norway and Iceland in the summer of 2022 will be normal.  Watching to see how this evolves.  I really thought 2021 was going to be normal but now it's clear it won't be.  No guarantees that 2022 won't suffer the same fate.  

Funny you mention renewing your passport. I just sent ours off on Friday. They don't expire until 2023 but all of our pages were full.  I won't need a passport until March at the earliest so I figured I had better take advantage of this "down" time. lol 

We’re staying right near home for a land (beach) trip to Daytona in May 2021. 🏖🌞

Our only cruise on the books right now is Allure in September 2021, which was Lifted & Shifted from Harmony October 2020 (cancelled). We’re hopeful but not very confident that this Allure cruise will sail. 

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Cleared my 2021 cruise calendar.  Looking to do a trip by Amtrak in a sleeper car once vaccinated.    

I'm super interested in a river cruise on the Columbia & Snake rivers but want to see these lines sailing before I book.  They aren't too big to fail so before I commit that kind of money to them I want to see they aren't going to fail.  Hope to sail them in the fall of 2021 but will book on short notice.

Really hoping 2022 is closer to the old normal.  

@twangster, if you like wine (or beer!), fall is an awesome time to visit the inland Pacific Northwest.  While we don't have the foliage of the NE, we DO have the grapes and hops harvests! 

We last sailed on Grandeur in Jan 2020 and then on Zuiderdam at the end of Feb 2020. Had cancelled cruises in 2020 in March, June, July, August, Sept & Dec 2020.

We have booked in 2021 for

Jan Grandeur (cxcld)

Feb Eurodam (cxcld)

Mar Rhapsody (expect cancel)

May Ovation (Seattle rt Alaska, likely cancelled due to Victoria visit)

Jul Oasis (out of Bayonne)

Aug Freedom  (out of Bayonne)

Sep Oasis (out of Bayonne)

Nov Symphony (out of Miami)

Dec Enchantment (out of Baltimore cxcld and replaced with:)

Dec Rotterdam VII (out of FLL)

Who knows when/if any of these will happen.  We are doing our best to stay safe and will take the vaccine when it becomes available to us.  I hope that cruising resumes safely before the cruiselines go kaput.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, RickinStl said:

We have Symphony on September 11, 2021. Harmony on November 28, 2021..  Maybe Independence on  September 5, 2021... 

Harmony OTS in June '21 sailing from Barcelona on port-intensive Western Med cruise, preceded by pre- a post-cruise hotel stays in Barcelona. Looking forward to visiting ports I haven't been to before such as Marseilles and Cinque Terre. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:32 AM, orville99 said:

If ships actually begin to sail again, 2021 will be a very busy year for us - cruises booked for late May, a B2B in July, one cruise in late August, another B2B in October, and a Thanksgiving cruise in November. Except for two, these are all CWC or L&S cruises.

I know what B2B means, but what do CWC and L&S refer to? Thanks in advance for your reply.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:27 PM, voyager70 said:

So sorry for your loss, Pat.  We're big animal lovers. Here's my furbaby taking down our little Christmas tree!

IMG_20201214_160331304.jpg

This photo is a good reason I'm glad I'm Jewish and don't celebrate Xmas: I celebrate Hanukkah, and I use an electric menorah. This year, I decided to skip celebrating the "Festival of Lights", and didn't put the menorah out for display. That said, in 10 years of having my furbaby, she has not knocked down my menorah. A miracle! 

9 hours ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

I know what B2B means, but what do CWC and L&S refer to? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Those are RCL's pandemic response programs that allow cancellation or movement of cruises affected by the shut down. CWC= Cruise With Confidence which allows you to cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure; and L&S = Lift and Shift which allows you to move a 2020 cruise to a matching 2021 cruise date.

9 hours ago, ShmuelCharlie said:

Cruise With Confidence - Royals policy regarding cancelling or moving your sailing.  Allows the ability to cancel up to 48 hours prior to day of departure for a 100% FCC, allows for price drops up to 48 hours prior to day of departure, allows for L&S.

Lift and Shift - the ability to move your sailing 48 to 56 weeks in the future to a sailing that is the same length, itinerary type in the same stateroom category and they will protect your price.  Valid only on sailings that can be moved to a sailing that departs before April 30, 2022