Where to hang wet swimsuit on Apex/Edge?

phabric

I have an Infinite cabin booked on the Apex.

I normally book a balcony and I hang my wet swimsuit on a chair on the balcony to dry..

The Infinite cabin is not a regular outside balcony.

Is there a clothesline line in the shower?

You can get sticky hooks at the dollar store and string a line between them in the shower, or just stick them to the IV window.  Just roll to suit in a towel first so it's not dripping wet and you should be fine.  Oh I wish I had to face such issues.  Can't wait to cruise again.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

We have not been on the Edge but use the bathroom hook for swimsuits.  I usually carry more than one suit to rotate on the cruise.   I would not want to leave anything on the balcony and I think it is recommended nothing be left there as well. 

• Like 3

Clothing and towels arent supposed to be left on the balcony. They're a fire hazard. The bathrooms have a hook on the door. Use that. Or buy a heavy duty magnetic hook from Amazon or any big box home supply store. They'll stick to most walls and ceilings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Most bathrooms have a clothes line in them, I just hang there until I need the shower.

It would never occur to me to put anything laying out on the balcony (except my butt in a chair).

S class ship do not have the retractable clothes line in the shower. Just the M class ships. Unless things have changed on the ships that went through the revolution. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

Really a non issue for us,,

IV Cabin

After rinsing suits in the sink..we hung them over the shower with most of the dripping inside the shower....as they dried more we flipped them over the front  of the enclosure using a towel to absorb drips ..  It is a foolish set up but we managed without too much inconvenience for a 7 day cruise, even with daily swims and solarium..

Sunset Veranda

Longer cruise.  Much larger, deeper outdoor balcony. We  started with  suits dripping into the shower but then we made good use of the back of the balcony chairs.  Never lost a swimsuit , never dripped on a neighbor or started a fire. No one can see them on the back of the chairs.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Really a non issue for us,,

IV Cabin

After rinsing suits in the sink..we hung them over the shower with most of the dripping inside the shower....as they dried more we flipped them over the front  of the enclosure using a towel to absorb drips ..  It is a foolish set up but we managed without too much inconvenience for a 7 day cruise, even with daily swims and solarium..

Sunset Veranda

Longer cruise.  Much larger, deeper outdoor balcony. We  started with  suits dripping into the shower but then we made good use of the back of the balcony chairs.  Never lost a swimsuit , never dripped on a neighbor or started a fire. No one can see them on the back of the chairs.

I tend to do cruises of 10 nights or longer so always take three suits with me. Never hang them to dry as it stretches the spandex. I use the clips I take to the beach/pool to hold my towels in place doubles as suit holder and lay flat on balcony chair.  Dries in a few hours. 

I've been on the ship twice both times in an IV cabin. This is ridiculous You rise your bathing suit out, wring it and you can place it on the shower faucet area, or grab bar, or even move your towels and place it on the towel bar outside the shower.  It's really not a big deal. 

IMG_20181216_112238570.jpg

IMG_20181216_112219521.jpg

Edited by kwokpot