The Daily for Sunday Feb 14, 2021

richwmn

11 minutes ago, doobieb said:

Roy, many prayers for you and Roger- and praying for the very best outcome. This gathering felt so odd without you, although Rich was a trooper to take up the slack. 

Things should be a bit different when I go for the surgery.  I think Tracy probably posted before my presence was really missed but I still was out of contact with the Daily.  I now have Kazu's phone number so I should be able to give her regular updates.  Also, unless the Doctor on Thursday says "We need to admit you NOW", I should have my IPAD and the hospital has wifi.  Kazu will still be my primary contact but I'll be somewhat around given my limited typing skills on the IPAD.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I finished our Valentine's Day cake.  I'll never be able to do one as pretty as those posted yesterday.  I'm still trying to get the hang of piping the buttercream icing.  It's either too firm or too soft, but I'll keep trying.  😁  

DSC09210.thumb.JPG.9431d2c5335e6c53a808d7959b373621.JPG

I think your cake is beautiful!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the reports, photos and humour.

Yesterday it was announced that there are three community cases (all in the one family) of Covid-19 in Auckland.

Last night  at 11.59 pm, Auckland went into level 3 lockdown, for the rest of the country we are in level 2. 

Auckland folk have to stay home and work remotely if possible.

Schools and daycare only open to children of essential workers.

Gatherings restricted to 10 people

Travel restrictions with borders around Auckland.

Public venues such as swimming pools and playgrounds closed.

For us in level 2,  people can still work, schools and daycare open, gatherings restricted to 100 people, travel into Auckland restricted. 

Health authorities are working to find the source of the infection.

Stay safe and well everyone'

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mickb said:

For those who are interested. There are no HAL ships in Torbay and haven’t been for 36 hours. Unusually we are experiencing very strong ( and bitterly cold) easterly winds and Torbay is exposed to winds from this quarter. The prevailing winds are from the SW which is why it is such good shelter. A further problem is that the bay is relatively shallow and the high E swell kicks up a lot of sediment which is not good for the ship’s filters.

They are milling around in the English Channel and we hope to see them back in the next couple of days as the wind is due to swing back to SW.

It has puzzled some of us why Holland America would station some of its fleet there this time of year.  They even sent the Eurodam over late last year.  It can't be easy on the ships or the crew aboard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I finished our Valentine's Day cake.  I'll never be able to do one as pretty as those posted yesterday.  I'm still trying to get the hang of piping the buttercream icing.  It's either too firm or too soft, but I'll keep trying.  😁  

DSC09210.thumb.JPG.9431d2c5335e6c53a808d7959b373621.JPG

Lenda, your cake is gorgeous!  (Auto correct wants to change your name to Lends, 😠)

I watch a lot of cooking shows and have no idea how to pipe frosting. Yours is perfect!!  Debbie must have taken a class to learn how to do those roses she had on her cake. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Oh, my gosh.   I just got a phone call that Roger died this evening.  I was certainly not expecting that.

Roy

OMG Roy,

My heart is breaking for you.  What a sad, unexpected turn of events.  I have no words that can bring you comfort and no means to help your pain 😢 

Please know that you and Roger are in our hearts here and our prayers and please accept our deepest condolences. ❤️ 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Oh, my gosh.   I just got a phone call that Roger died this evening.  I was certainly not expecting that.

Roy

Oh Roy, I’m devastated for you!  May Gods bless his soul, and all those whose lives he touched. 

Sincerely,

Gerry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Oh Roy, so sorry to hear this. Please accept my sincerest condolences 

Edited by superoma
Auto correct
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1