The Daily for Sunday Feb 14, 2021

richwmn

Good morning everyone and Happy Valentines Day. We’re expecting freezing rain today, so while we might have ordered in for tonight , we have only one or two restaurants that deliver, so we’ll eat something we have in the freezer.

Superoma, those girls are adorable. You are so lucky to have them living so close to you. Enjoy your birthday 🎂 celebration.

Roy, do you have a date for your surgery? Some hospitals are postponing elective surgery, so I hope  you don’t have to wait to long.

We are still trying to snag a vaccine appointment for DH with no luck.

Stay safe and double mask all.

Carol

• Like 18

53 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Happy Valentine`s Day from a warm but rainy day at the beach.

I did not receive flowers but my husband gave me a really cute pair of pink sunglasses! They have polarized lens so will be perfect for the golf course.

Love seeing the pictures from past cruises, especially the penguins. Hope to do that trip someday. A year from today ( hopefully) we will be going thru the Panama Canal on our way to meet up for the trip to Hawaii and French Polynesia!

Roy- you remain in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong.

Stay well everyone!

thank you for your contributions to the Daily.  I always enjoy hearing how the Cocoa Beach area is doing, and your reports when ships show up.  We sailed twice from Cape Canaveral on Disney.  Loved it!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

thank you for your contributions to the Daily.  I always enjoy hearing how the Cocoa Beach area is doing, and your reports when ships show up.  We sailed twice from Cape Canaveral on Disney.  Loved it!

I am looking at 2 Disney ships right now. There were 3 and 1 RCL  was here for awhile. They are right off our beach and periodically go into port for supplies.  The Port Canaveral area has been hit hard by the loss of the ships. 3 new hotels opened last spring and occupancy of course is down. Many people who worked at the port lost jobs but supposedly they are all on the call back list.  Cocoa Beach has not been hit as hard because this is a small town and most people work ( or worked) in the space program , defense industry or military.

Hopefully soon things will be back to the new normal!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Happy Valentines Day all..... will be a quiet one here.

Our first storm is on its way out. We had about 6 inches of new, very wet snow. It is not as cold as expected as that Arctic Blast is still bring held east of the mountains. Got my car shoveled out by one of neighbors who was headed to Purgatory to get in a days skiing. The slopes should be wonderful but the roads are rotten (see picture taken from my balcony).... I will be staying home.

I send you 3 pictures.... 2 outside and one inside - the dogs have the right idea.

Susan

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

• Like 29

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Happy Valentine's Day! 

I like ferris wheels; there was one at the boardwalk where I grew up. I am an organ donor. 

It's icy here from freezing rain, with lots of accidents. Public safety department issued a do not drive order, unless it's an emergency. Plus, they're calling for 8"-12" of snow through Tuesday. I may have to drag out the snow blower instead of shoveling.

@dfish Good that your sister can get there before the storms.

Prayers to the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your mask.

Below a gift from my BFF for Valentine's Day.

VD 2021.JPG

• Like 22

Good morning all and Happy Valentines Day!

It's snowing here again today, but we're fortunate we haven't gotten as much accumulation as other towns near us.  It's supposed to turn to rain tonight, so that's good.  We don't want our 2nd vaccination appointments to be canceled on Thursday.  It will be much better by then.

Organ donors are very much needed and appreciated.  A distant relative received a donor kidney a couple years ago (sadly it looks like she will be needing a new one now).  I haven't been on a ferris wheel in years and years, but it was probably the only carnival ride that didn't scare me LOL I'm a wimp and hate roller coasters and heights.  Now probably even the ferris wheel would scare me, hate those heights (and swinging, even slightly   oooh)  lol wimp I am.

Will pass on the dinner, the plan is a steak dinner here at home.  And wine of course.  Other than that I guess we're celebrating Valentines Day by booking a cruise (Antarctic, using FCC) and also looking at a couple alternatives for 2022 in case our fall Med cruise doesn't happen.  It's a very nice way to spend a quiet snowy day. 🙂  

@superoma the photo of your twins, how adorable!!  Very pretty little girls.

@dfishso glad your sister can come visit before the weather hits.  

• Like 20

image.png.48b38652f891cc86eedaee3fbef4a74c.png

❤️❤️HAPY VALENTINES DAY❤️❤️

Stlouiscruiser❤️
What a beautiful tribute you did for everyone here on CC!! Your words mean so much to me and to all. This is a special day of LOVE, COMPASSION,and most of all KINDNESS!! Thank you made my morning a happy one!

❤️❤️To my beloved sisters GOD BLESS YOU BOTH FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR ME AS WELL AS TO ALL OUR DAILYITES! 🌺JOY BOTH YOU AND ALLEN IN LONDON LOOK SO HAPPY! ....

🌺HAVE A GREAT DAY TO EVERYONE!

Still enjoying our 50th weekend together and off for a ride with Paisley❤️
Take care!

Denise😊

• Like 19

Happy Valentines Day from Minnesota where we awoke to about -18F. No grilling today!

Since it is Ferris Wheel Day, I couldn't resist one more London photo - 

P3290871.thumb.JPG.b8f5dd114e5967ffa2e9c3858597323b.JPG

You can see the "Eye" from all over London. I actually walked right by it after visiting the Tate. There was quite a crowd and the lines were long so I decided not to take a ride. I imagine the views from the top would be amazing.

• Like 21

Good morning, all! Happy Valentine’s Day! I love Ferris wheels, but today it’s not an attractive option. The meal, drink, and wine all sound good for this weather. A good quick winter version of today’s drink is sit in front of the fireplace and stare at a grapefruit while drinking a large glass of rum.

The casserole sounds good, but tonight is leftovers from last nights Char Sui and Beef Chow Fun. It was my first time making chow fun noodles from scratch. It’s certainly worth it, though, and easier than kneading and rolling regular noodles.

The snow they called for eluded us again. We have a storm warning, and it might snow briefly before going straight into freezing rain tomorrow. The Trans Canada highway through the Fraser Valley could be a nightmare!

The iPad gremlins sent yesterday’s post into the ether, because it didn’t show up here. It was Saturday, if anyone wondered. Nothing missed, except to congratulate @DeeniEncinitason her 50th anniversary. How wonderful!

Happy Sunday, and @rafinmd, thanks for the picture of the most elegant blue hulled beauty of all!
1E72BEF1-1F99-4739-B57B-85331050DEF0.thumb.jpeg.21938a2fb311b3e1abb29e20e75b8381.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

IMG_1062.JPG

I love this picture. It looks like your trees are getting through the storm holding hands for moral support.

This made me think of all of you in normally more temperate regions who are faced with unusually harsh weather this year.

05E46E89-6C46-43FD-A69D-7E05655AC95C.thumb.png.5ff8b81c3c8b0569f3731b1bd47f6784.png

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ to all my fellow Dailyites!  And thanks for posting.  It is nice to have a little get together every morning to discuss all the important things like weather (snowing here), drinks (prosecco this evening), food (casserole tonight will be all the leftovers in the fridge with cheese on top), and pets (wish we had one, DD will have to do).

The SW Florida eaglets are 3 weeks old - and developing some feathers!

1466079244_ScreenShot2021-02-14at9_22_49AM.thumb.jpeg.c07eff5fe8b739b7fe581b3613ac652b.jpeg

This time two years ago, we were excitedly planning to join @rafinmd, Scrapnana, and other CC friends on the Prinsendam for the second half of the Grand South America.  Someone here on CC, I don't remember who it was, but he/she had very few posts,  asked a question about the price differences between the 2019 cruise and the following year and asked why the 2019 cruise was so much cheaper.   I decided to have a look, and was amazed to see that, for the 37 (?) days an inside guarantee was under C$100 a day.  We had previously cancelled an Amazon cruise on Prinsendam a long time ago as the timing was bad, but this seemed so fortuitous!  We booked the inside, and were upgraded to an oceanview, midships, a very nice room.  So, in the midst of a snowstorm here, we were busy getting ready to fly to BA.  When Pat got out my suitcase, we discovered some damage, so I decided to wrap it, which I remembered was safer for BA.

Our courtyard:IMG_8508.thumb.JPG.2482a51ec588522c015768d706b3d6b8.JPG

My suitcase, ready to go...

IMG_8518.thumb.JPG.d13a3a22857693f7b48b08ff045a9fc9.JPG

• Like 26

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Happy Valentines Day all..... will be a quiet one here.

Our first storm is on its way out. We had about 6 inches of new, very wet snow. It is not as cold as expected as that Arctic Blast is still bring held east of the mountains. Got my car shoveled out by one of neighbors who was headed to Purgatory to get in a days skiing. The slopes should be wonderful but the roads are rotten (see picture taken from my balcony).... I will be staying home.

I send you 3 pictures.... 2 outside and one inside - the dogs have the right idea.

Susan

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

I bet your dogs said..

51A2ED9D-CE05-4BC6-88C8-042519727306.thumb.jpeg.29bbe2b8d7a1f0c3d2e99ef04c8c5675.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 12

Happy Valentine's Day.

Another snowy day here with snow shovelling before breakfast.  I think we had only about 2 inches over night.  I was out shovelling the sidewalk before the pedestrian traffic stomped the snow down. Right now there are small flakes falling but nothing seems to be sticking to the cleared pavement.  Thank goodness.

Here are a few photos of our neighbourhood this morning.

May be an image of nature, snow and tree

May be an image of nature, snow and tree

May be an image of snow, nature and tree

Val

• Like 18

57 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ to all my fellow Dailyites!  And thanks for posting.  It is nice to have a little get together every morning to discuss all the important things like weather (snowing here), drinks (prosecco this evening), food (casserole tonight will be all the leftovers in the fridge with cheese on top), and pets (wish we had one, DD will have to do).

The SW Florida eaglets are 3 weeks old - and developing some feathers!

1466079244_ScreenShot2021-02-14at9_22_49AM.thumb.jpeg.c07eff5fe8b739b7fe581b3613ac652b.jpeg

This time two years ago, we were excitedly planning to join @rafinmd, Scrapnana, and other CC friends on the Prinsendam for the second half of the Grand South America.  Someone here on CC, I don't remember who it was, but he/she had very few posts,  asked a question about the price differences between the 2019 cruise and the following year and asked why the 2019 cruise was so much cheaper.   I decided to have a look, and was amazed to see that, for the 37 (?) days an inside guarantee was under C$100 a day.  We had previously cancelled an Amazon cruise on Prinsendam a long time ago as the timing was bad, but this seemed so fortuitous!  We booked the inside, and were upgraded to an oceanview, midships, a very nice room.  So, in the midst of a snowstorm here, we were busy getting ready to fly to BA.  When Pat got out my suitcase, we discovered some damage, so I decided to wrap it, which I remembered was safer for BA.

Our courtyard:IMG_8508.thumb.JPG.2482a51ec588522c015768d706b3d6b8.JPG

My suitcase, ready to go...

IMG_8518.thumb.JPG.d13a3a22857693f7b48b08ff045a9fc9.JPG

Wow!  The one and only time we went to Victoria in February it snowed!   Not quite that much!  And snow in Vancouver halts the city!  

• Like 7

🌹 ❤️  HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY !   ❤️ 🌹

Hope everyone is having a lovely, relaxing day.  DH took me out for breakfast, nothing fancy, just the drive-thru for biscuits. Now, I’m making a Valentine’s cake.  Tonight will be a quiet dinner at home with wine.  🍷

@dfish Enjoy your visit with your sister.

@kazu The picture of the dachshund reminded me of our two and the rare times we had snow.  They definitely did not like it since their tummies dragged in the snow.  One refused to set foot on it and used the edge of the carport that day.  Can’t sanI blamed her. 

Lenda

• Like 17

Happy Valentines!   What a great day!  Ferris wheels!  Our neighbour’s daughter is so thankful for her new lungs, out of the hospital now.  

A lovely wine,  love Brunello,  we’ve visited that area several times,  apparently it is Queen Elizabeth’s favourite red!  We had an equally wonderful Zenato Amarone  last night!  Sigh!  

Photos of Brunellos,  Montalcino and  one of my fave Ferris wheels in Yokohama.

08EC3BE5-04DD-4641-A122-93EDDF7BA88C.jpeg

866A1F7D-93A2-43CC-A73B-957EE0E0A538.jpeg

B04C0F22-F468-4310-8024-50CA55F9C5A9.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19

For those who are interested. There are no HAL ships in Torbay and haven’t been for 36 hours. Unusually we are experiencing very strong ( and bitterly cold) easterly winds and Torbay is exposed to winds from this quarter. The prevailing winds are from the SW which is why it is such good shelter. A further problem is that the bay is relatively shallow and the high E swell kicks up a lot of sediment which is not good for the ship’s filters.

They are milling around in the English Channel and we hope to see them back in the next couple of days as the wind is due to swing back to SW.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Happy Sunday, Valentine's Day, cold winter's day for many (judging by the photos).

It is a low-key day for us. We had take-out Mexican last night from a place near us that only recently re-opened so yay for them (and us!). Today we'll munch on a few Valentine's chocolates and endure the dreary gray rain. There is one colorful thing in my yard though:

image.thumb.png.74b2069aeb55a006c65fb8b28e9a2a18.png 

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, Mickb said:

For those who are interested. There are no HAL ships in Torbay and haven’t been for 36 hours. Unusually we are experiencing very strong ( and bitterly cold) easterly winds and Torbay is exposed to winds from this quarter. The prevailing winds are from the SW which is why it is such good shelter. A further problem is that the bay is relatively shallow and the high E swell kicks up a lot of sediment which is not good for the ship’s filters.

They are milling around in the English Channel and we hope to see them back in the next couple of days as the wind is due to swing back to SW.

Thanks for the local report. I wish MT and CM would report that correctly

• Like 8