The Daily for Friday Apr 16, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF daily, Rich.  I could probably have been called a bean counter in my working life.  I'll take my eggs without the Benedict or Mushrooms.  Interesting quote.  Been to lots of UK ports but never the home of the Beatles.  I'll also take my chicken without the olives.  My alternative is Pinnacle Caesar Salad, Petit Filet, and Baked Alaska as served on MS Amsterdam April 16, 2014.

Today's care list:

Kakalina

St. Vincent

myself facing cardiac issues

Welfare of furloughed crews

NextOne DH facing chemo

Horizon Chaser 1957 DH awaiting dental work

RIP Prince Phillip

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

All the Daily people

First jab for Crazy for Cats

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Off to the car shop for routine service.

Your good health is in my prayers, Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Love Mushrooms.  And Eggs Benedict is my breakfast choice on the BHB.  Bean counters are working overtime nowadays.  Great quote and so true.  Love the meal suggestion minus the olives.  Never been to the UK so look forward to the photos.

Thank you Rich and Roy.  Prayers and toasts to all of us!!!!!

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask.

Orange Creamsicle Mimosas:

Ingredients (4 servings)

Orange slices, for garnish
1/4 c. sugar, for rimming champagne flutes
1 c. orange juice
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1 bottle champagne, prosecco, or cava

Directions

Rim champagne flutes with an orange slice and dip in sugar. Set aside.
In a tall glass, stir together orange juice and heavy cream until combined. Pour into champagne flutes and top off with champagne.
Garnish with orange wedge.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.03.47 AM.png

Have you ever tried it.

• Like 1

Good morning, all! We have several Bean Counters in the family, and I fill that role for the household. Love mushrooms, also Eggs Benedict, although the calories are staggering!  The quote is food for thought. The meal sounds good, but I’d switch out the green olives for ripe ones. As good as green olives are on their own, to me the flavour does not play well with others. Looking forward to pictures of Liverpool. We’ve never been there.

@kazuJacqui, best of luck with today’s ordeal. I hope the verdict is good, and the discomfort far less than you’ve been dreading. Let us know.

Its another gorgeous day here. Rizu the squirrel is definitely raising a litter of Rieslings. I can hear them knocking around in the dog house when she’s out. 
Enjoy spring, and Happy Friday courtesy of our BHB’s and their elevator mats!

16BDF4B2-A9F0-4E5C-8222-5642A924370F.thumb.jpeg.b0faa53d0a28f614c9939fd00598c14f.jpeg

• Like 19

Rich Thanks for the DAILY.  I wish more ships were at Great Stirrrup Cay with the Nieuw Statendam.

Thanks to all Posters.  Have a great day.  A friend just returned from Orlando.  I told him the problem with going to Florida is one has to come back to the chilly Mid West. He and his wife agreed.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I just caught my first sighting of the Rotterdam on AIS.  Indicates to me that the wiring on the bridge is coming along and perhaps some sea trials in the not too distant future:

rotterdam.thumb.JPG.28138ff47fcbbf32552130cd91ceca91.JPG

For now, still flagged in Italy.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I'll take my eggs without the Benedict or Mushrooms. I'll also take my chicken without the olives

Is this a texture thing, Roy?

I prefer to have most food without fungus, and I find olives to have a similar texture to mushrooms and have never really liked them either. Although, I enjoy a good pizza with olives and/or mushrooms if it has enough other toppings to distract my mouth.

• Like 14

Good morning and thanks all!   I love Pink champagnes,  that sounds like a great one for a future occasion!   Love eggs Benedict! 

We visited Liverpool ages ago, DH couldn’t understand why I wanted to visit,  but it was really beautiful.  All the dock area has been redone,  some great museums and shopping!  
image.thumb.jpeg.3c03c054cb316f6a29f22c8634643ff8.jpeg

• Like 22

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and cloudy day at the beach.

Interesting quote. Been to England but not Liverpool.

This weekend will be interesting here. The big Air show will be taking place. Although I do enjoy air shows, not sure I agree it should be held now. So we have gathered all supplies and will stay put. Not going to venture out. Just tooo many people. We can watch safely from our patio. Just look up!

Off to water aerobics this am, then home.

Stay safe and enjoy today

The Air Force was practicing for the show over our house Tuesday and again this morning. Very noisy! I hope it's not too crowded out as  DH is going for his second shot. We should probably stop at the hardware store for a short fence. An armadillo has found one of our veggie beds. We have nicknamed him Roto(tiller). He has dug everything up several nights now. Fortunately he hasn't climbed into the raised beds yet or maybe he can't? Between the armadillos, deer, squirrels, birds, rabbits and lizards it's a wonder we get anything out of the garden, which because of the shade from trees is very small.

Thank you Rich for the Daily, Roy for the lists (I'm praying you find a solution to your heart issues), and all who contribute.

• Like 15

Happy Friday and Thank You for the Daily!

Enjoyed a tour in Reims with tasting the champagne.🙂

Yes, to Liverpool and a DIY tour to the Beatles Museum and also the Hop On Hop Off bus on a very rainy day 🛳️as I recall from a Princess ship.☂️ We were all given these clear plastic umbrellas as we disembarked from the ship from the shopping complex called Liverpool ONE. A very WET memory, LOL!😲

🙏Prayers to all in need and Happy Weekend.😎

FB_IMG_1594710569747.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet, rainy central Texas.  At 8:30 am we had gotten an inch of rain since yesterday afternoon.  I guess we won't need to turn on the sprinkler for a while now.  April through June is usually our rainy season.

I guess we were a head by a day as we had mushrooms last night.  DBIL can be counted as a retired bean counter, and I was sorta since I kept the books for DH's company and keep our personal accounts.  Haven't had eggs benedict in years, but do like them.  The quote is interesting.

The meal suggestion is one I will probably try, but will subsiste ripe olives for the green ones, which I do not like.

@kazu Hope you appointment is not painful and you are about finished with the dentists for a while. 

@St. Louis Sal Safe travels to Branson and enjoy your stay.  Hope all the remodeling is finished.

@kazuThe cartoon of the cat and keyboards brought back good memories.  When DH first started his company, one of our cats loved to walk on my keyboard, and she seemed to know when I was writing important business letters or working on the user's manual for the software program.  Extremely careful proofreading was required by both of us.   

We have been to Liverpool once on the Prinsendam in August 2017, and we really liked the town.  It was a busy day with the Beatles tour, the Beatles museum and then the regular Ho-Ho.  Unfortunately, our weather wasn't nearly as nice as @StLouisCruisers during the early part of the day.  

A few pictures from the Beatles tour.  We were a little leery when our guide picked up his guitar, but he was a good singer.  We enjoyed several Beatles songs about the sights we were approaching.  Strawberry Fields was a little worse for wear.

DSC09015.thumb.JPG.5598bda3c92750e366f2dad92034f7de.JPG

DSC09017.thumb.JPG.3251cc79266966b9f5f3fbfc13ad0626.JPG

DSC09022.thumb.JPG.d0224c654db917bde42db61c2dc7cf2e.JPG

The house where John Lennon lived.  We saw Paul's house, but did not get a picutre.

DSC09027.thumb.JPG.7fb848b30e0e9b38995c18eba99107f1.JPG

My pictures from the Beatles Museum did not turnout very well.  The rest of the pictures are from our Ho-Ho ride or our walk back to the ship.

The train stationDSC09053.thumb.JPG.4f842cb0a09bfd565f75a918b8625725.JPG

A very modern church

DSC09056.thumb.JPG.01757d506338e039c405ed0832562709.JPG

One of many residential streets in Liverpool

DSC09062.thumb.JPG.5790b5b85867c79eb4c6e1d9e3ee4d05.JPG

One of many buildings across the street from the dock area.

DSC09067.thumb.JPG.d9719bc29dd7ad5e6b927e7f221e2147.JPG

Where you can "Ferry Across the Mersey".DSC09038.thumb.JPG.a843128850228ebfe4ceaaf6061b5b76.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 27

Good morning all!

We're supposed to hit the mid 70's F today and tomorrow, hooray!  More garden time.

I'm afraid I'm a party pooper for today's choices -- detest mushrooms and olives (thanks for thinking of me (Debbie) @dfish but the olives seem to be one of the main ingredients for this dish so that would stop me right there 😞  Hopes for more lower carb dishes in the future though!  🙂  And not a fan of Eggs Benedict.  I will join in with the drink (yum, creamsicles!) and wine though!  

DH, as a Supply Officer in the Navy, of course could be called a bean counter -- here at home it's more a joint effort 😉  

We were in Liverpool on Celebrity Infinity, and it was an overnight for us.  I was thrilled, since I was a big Beatles fan (saw them in concert when I was 14) and much later saw Ringo and his All Star Band here at Ste. Michelle Winery.

Trying to remember, but I think the first day we took a ship tour to see Chester Cathedral, since I have a few photos of it from that day.  Then the second day we set off on our own and went to The Beatles Experience and to the homes of John and Paul.  No photos were allowed inside, unfortunately, because the interiors were what made it fun. 

Our ship in Liverpool

1159102855_EurodaminLiverpool.jpg.3b572dad3fa5cb3c92b4eb342e885ca2.jpg

Chester Cathedral

428537319_ChesterCathedral.thumb.jpg.5a51b89caf5860539dbdd39af959470e.jpg 

Interior shot inside the Cathedral

Interior.thumb.jpg.00c207fa498d67fe95ad58a25c8901d4.jpg

The Beatles Story entrance

1987614753_TheBeatlesStory.jpg.2b41c94b548d675ea215998f2a78d6be.jpg

Tour dates -- I saw them on August 31, 1965 at the Cow Palace, San Francisco.  

1047493835_Tourdates.thumb.jpg.f12410ff70a7835ddb05012612905c0a.jpg

Exterior of Paul's childhood home202867984_Paulshome.jpg.1a67ad474bf9354ccd4a61c4ae01d17d.jpg

Exterior of John's childhood home

1905791647_Johnshome.jpg.b00637deea82a3f2476b4d885d771034.jpg

• Like 22

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. I can take or leave mushrooms and eggs benedict.

Olives are one thing I don't eat; I've tried them in Italy and Greece thinking maybe they'd be better, but I just don't like them. The chicken itself is ok. I like Roy's meal.

I do like the drinks.

I've been to England several times, but always a land trip, not a cruise. Thanks for the pics!

It's a grey, rainy day here, with temps in the 40's.

I got my lab results electronically this AM and all is well! I was worried a bit about the blood sugar with the pandemic weight gain.

@kazu Hoping your appointment goes well.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Be safe and wear your mask. Numbers are going up, sadly.

• Like 19

Guess I was family bean counter. DH handed me the checkbook 3 days after we were married!  Occasionally he would ask how much money we had, but didn’t really care as long as we had roof over our heads and there was food on the table.

I tried to figure out a trip to Florida for today’s air show, it then gave up.  Not quite comfortable just yet with cross country travel.  Plus hotel I wanted to stay at had one night missing for availability.  I miss Florida so much.

Audiologist re-adjusted fit on the new hearing aids.  Think it will be good for me.  Price is very reasonable and includes lots of new/improved technology!

@kazu,good luck at dentist!  Have a great day, everyone.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, cruzn single said:

Audiologist re-adjusted fit on the new hearing aids.  Think it will be good for me.  Price is very reasonable and includes lots of new/improved technology!

Hoping this fit works long term.

Roy

• Like 7

Good morning. The rains predicted with the last storm missed us completely - so we are still high and very, very dry. We may have better luck this weekend. At the puppy shelter (and cats and other assorted pets) we are making various plans for fire season which is already upon us.

I love mushrooms and Eggs Benedict. One of our local small eateries makes a variety of the latter and I try to eat there from time to time. Do have to watch calories so not too often. I have been to Liverpool many times by land when I spent summers roving by car and I remember one of the cruises I was on stopped there, but for life of me I can not remember which one or what I did. Will have to look back at pictures and notes. I spent much more time in Chester where several of my students volunteered for summer work at the museum. They loved it and returned to Colorado with all sorts of tales... plus they were experts on Roman tiles.... not something very useful here..

Susan

• Like 16

27 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Is this a texture thing, Roy?

I prefer to have most food without fungus, and I find olives to have a similar texture to mushrooms and have never really liked them either. Although, I enjoy a good pizza with olives and/or mushrooms if it has enough other toppings to distract my mouth.

It could be, I guess

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Thanks kindly for all the good wishes @summer slope, @StLouisCruisers, @cat shepard, @ger_77, @Horizon chaser 1957, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @JazzyV, @cruzn single

They must have worked as the implants have completely healed and I am good to go.  In a bit of pain from the final minor surgery but it will fade quickly.  @St. Louis Salit was helpful hearing your story yesterday 👍 

I’ll definitely be doing some bean counting to pay for today’s procedure and plan for the final finish in June 😉 

But today I am...

094E3247-DA8C-4E8F-B000-BAEAE93DDDC8.gif.d503a84742fdea3ff2abe8b2e0a5143b.gif

• Like 24
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Pacific
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Los Angeles eta 4/15

Morning Navy 😉

Just an update; Nieuw A is back enroute La Paz, Mexico, ETA 21 APR 21. She got herself a new master yesterday; Capt Jeroen van Donselaar, the former "take-out" captain of the Eurodam, back in July 2008. Time flies when you're having fun; a group of us "Cruise Criticers" attended that christening and inaugural voyage of the E'dam, already almost 13 yrs ago in Rotterdam

HAL Godmothers 2008 EUDM HRH Queen Beatrix in Rotterdam #4.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 21

Thank you Rich, Roy, the drinks and recipe ladies and everyone who enjoys the Daily.

Mushrooms are yummy, eggs benedict is not yummy.  I guess I'm our bean counter but my sis is a real bean counter for a living.

Our only visits to Liverpool were to the airport for a discount flight somewhere around Europe when we lived in the UK. 

@kazuGood luck at the dentist today!

Prayers for those on the care list and those who need them.  Best wishes to all.

• Like 15

Just now, kazu said:

They must have worked as the implants have completely healed and I am good to go.  In a bit of pain from the final minor surgery but it will fade quickly.  @St. Louis Salit was helpful hearing your story yesterday 👍 

But today I am...

094E3247-DA8C-4E8F-B000-BAEAE93DDDC8.gif.d503a84742fdea3ff2abe8b2e0a5143b.gif

Jacqui, that’s wonderful!

• Like 7