All inclusive. Not really. Expensive, YES!

ALWAYS CRUZIN

Well we did love cruising with Celebrity. Great cruises and at a nominal cost. We have no use for all inclusive. Paying for things we never do or use. I wish them well. It was nice when you could choose if you wanted all the perks they were offering for your cruise or just the basic cruise and you purchase only the extras you wanted. Always get the a soda package and the steak house. Happy sailing!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well we did love cruising with Celebrity. Great cruises and at a nominal cost. We have no use for all inclusive. Paying for things we never do or use. I wish them well. It was nice when you could choose if you wanted all the perks they were offering for your cruise or just the basic cruise and you purchase only the extras you wanted. Always get the a soda package and the steak house. Happy sailing!

Bye,

So where will you be cruising?

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Be well, hope you enjoy your new cruise line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP....thank you for your service.

Hope  you check back with X every so often

After awhile the offers may change. As they have over the years

All inclusive pricing is unfair to folks who do not drink alcohol, and others who like to personalize their vacation package.  We find it easier sometimes but  are not booking anything beyind our  next cruise

Edited by hcat
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Celebrity is not marketing as all inclusive, rather always included, big difference.  Always included is wifi, tips, drinks, other than specialty restaurants, all the wonderful food we can eat in Luminae or MDR.  Expensive, yes and IMO it is worth it.  They have suffered massive losses in the past 15 months, they are trying to stay in business.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Celebrity is not marketing as all inclusive, rather always included, big difference.  Always included is wifi, tips, drinks, other than specialty restaurants, all the wonderful food we can eat in Luminae or MDR.  Expensive, yes and IMO it is worth it.  They have suffered massive losses in the past 15 months, they are trying to stay in business.

The way to stay in business is to offer options to guests that suit their needs. One size does not fit all. As people who drink little alcohol and no sodas or specialty coffees, we can't see paying for the drinking habits of others. OBC should be offered to those who choose not to have drinks included. 

• Like 14

As a regular cruiser on Crystal, and used to the all inclusive process, one aspect of all inclusive/all included that gets overlooked is:

You don't have to keep signing for anything or everything throughout the day.  Your room key gets used to go into your room and off/on the ship.  So no lanyards, no digging in your pockets.  Convenience.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Maya_C said:

The way to stay in business is to offer options to guests that suit their needs. One size does not fit all. As people who drink little alcohol and no sodas or specialty coffees, we can't see paying for the drinking habits of others. OBC should be offered to those who choose not to have drinks included. 

RCCL offers that option.  It's called Royal Caribbean - a truly ala carte line.  You pay for what you use, you don't pay for what you don't.  That IS your primary consideration, correct?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Maya_C said:

You don't have to book with Celebrity, there are, as I am sure you know, other lines that offer what you are looking for.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For some people on limited budgets it can be a deal breaker, not everyone who cruises is well heeled. A few dollars saved here and there can make a big difference.

But, as has been said, there are other cruise lines. Personally, it is not a deal breaker/maker for me. I'm more concerned with itinerary and whether or not it offers value for money.

Edited by lyndarra
typo
  • Like 6

I understand where OP is coming from.  If you like a cruise line and find that it offers the right mix of quality vs cost (= value to you), a change like this can represent a real diminution of value (to you).  If you used to book the extra package, or a suite, this doesn't apply.  But Celebrity used to appeal to a broad group including people who book insides and don't spend any other money on board [that was DW and me in our first few cruises].  Once they realized how lucrative the suites are, they seem to have decided to leave that other group behind.  That's their right, but those left behind have the right to be upset.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

As a regular cruiser on Crystal, and used to the all inclusive process, one aspect of all inclusive/all included that gets overlooked is:

You don't have to keep signing for anything or everything throughout the day.  Your room key gets used to go into your room and off/on the ship.  So no lanyards, no digging in your pockets.  Convenience.

You don't have to sign for any drinks except if the drink cost more than the upper limit and then you just pay the difference plus 20% tip. You have to show your card, but if use the same bar often enough the waiter or bartender will not your number and you won't have to show your card again. Since you never see a recap of the drinks maybe they will add an extra drink now and again to pick up the extra tip.

I can't see paying several hundred dollars for the AI that I have no need for just to save a few inconveniences. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Celebrity is not marketing as all inclusive, rather always included, big difference. 

You are still paying extra. I remember the days when we worked on the basis of £100p.p.n.

At that rate, an 8 day around. British Isles in August would cost £800, but the cheapest I can find is from £1449 for a guarantee balcony.

I did read earlier, that if you book as a late booking, then it’s not AI. Not sure if that true.

It will be interesting to see if there will be any changes when a new CMO is appointed.

Edited by upwarduk

11 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

You are still paying extra. I remember the days when we worked on the basis of £100p.p.n.

At that rate, an 8 day around. British Isles in August would cost £800, but the cheapest I can find is from £1449 for a guarantee balcony.

I did read earlier, that if you book as a late booking, then it’s not AI. Not sure if that true.

Celebrity says, "Simply Sail will offer a cruise-only rate for select sailings within 90 days of departure.  Simply Sail will replace Exciting Deals with a new creative look and feel but maintain the same offering parameters."

It is not clear which sailings will count in the "select sailings" but those booking inside 90 days will not be under the AI program.

Edited by HskrCrsr
clarification
  • Like 1

It gets tiring over the yrs when folks  who disagree are told to look elsewhere .  X has made yet another pricing policy change.  They may swing  it back in the future if the drinkers become a revenue loss or maybe the drink portions will be smaller.

Supplementing the all inclusive drinkers adds alot to the costs for those who are not  very big drinkers.  Drink packages started a few yrs ago as an option and have changed the line's demographic considerably.... with more partiers coming from other lines. Not all but many really pile it on.

Our next cruise,  if it happens,  is in a suite...booked before the changes and includes all the perks..but we paid a decent price. Not sure what the  future holds.

We always took 2 or 3 perks but never the a high level alcohol list   Dh is happy with beer or two and a  decent scotch..maybe a glass of wine at some dinners .  Being diabetic I mostly avoid alcohol as it clashes with my meds, and elevates liver enzymes.... 

Agree, it is convenient not to sign but having some choice is also of value to many. How about a healthy option like spa credit  or extra gym classes or OBC to spend to one's preferences.? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree that prices have increased but look at what the cruise lines have been through the last 15 months.

All lines aren’t for everyone. We too were almost to a point that Celebrity was pricing us out of sailing with them. We look for an itinerary once we decide then we search for the best deal.

We like most of the perks, premium drinks, OBC, Grats and WIFI. Positives are you never have to sign a slip and no surprises at the end of cruise. When we book the cruise we pretty much know what this vacation will cost us. But understand if you are not a drinker it may be a deal breaker. That’s where a lot of the cost is with the AI.

I agree with others Celebrity will change their policy down the road.

Sorry you decided to leave Celebrity....Maybe HAL or RCI would be better to your liking.

8 hours ago, Maya_C said:

I tend to agree although the new All Included program doesn’t bother me. I also think it will change back soon

11 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Haven't had a soda in many years but drink wine by the bottle vs. the included wine by the glass.  Each cruiser is different. Focus on the  price per night for what you want (it's ok if extra is provided).  If you determine it too expensive then don't buy.

I think Virgin got it right with their mostly all inclusive - specialty dining, wifi, gratuities, sodas, fitness classes, 18+.

Drinks are by the glass. Not a huge deal, but as a non-drinker, I actually like that there is no unlimited drink package.

Easy to copy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

... Once they realized how lucrative the suites are, they seem to have decided to leave that other group behind.  That's their right, but those left behind have the right to be upset.

This is the same thing airlines did a while back. Realizing that business travelers were more profitable, i.e., spending the company money versus their own, the airlines started adding benefits and catering to that crowd, with an occasional crumb tossed to the leisure traveler. The frequent flyer programs are now designed to encourage that spending pattern. That, coupled with charging fees for everything not included with a business class seat, has been profitable to them.

The analogous behavior on cruises would be that one can still book an inside cabin with no perks, but you would pay extra for everything. Luggage fees, anyone?

Note that I am not condoning this behavior by the airlines or cruise lines. We just have to figure out what we are willing to pay, for what benefits, and who will sell us something that matches it. I gave up Executive Platinum status on American Airlines when their programs diverged from what I wanted. Irritated me, but many things in consumer economics seem to do so.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hcat said:

OP....thank you for your service.

Hope  you check back with X every so often

After awhile the offers may change. As they have over the years

All inclusive pricing is unfair to folks who do not drink alcohol, and others who like to personalize their vacation package.  We find it easier sometimes but  are not booking anything beyind our  next cruise

It is also unfair to single cruisers😢

• Like 4

Always Cruzin,

As LGW59 said earlier, the AI is called Always Included.  It is marketing.  It is not by any means all-inclusive.  No disrespect intended, but this AI topic literally has multiple threads and hundreds of posts since it was announced a while ago.  What kind of new feedback are you seeking?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Understand and enjoy your new line of choice...

bon voyage